PDA

View Full Version : Season Still Going , or did I miss something

NeilOrrSquareBa
24-03-2010, 08:13 AM
So we're out of the Scottish Cup again?
No change there then!
We lost to Division 1 opponents?
Embarrassing. Cringe-worthy and ammo for the Yams but hell we've been here before.

Hurting? Yes!

Annoyed? Yes!

If told at the start of this season we would be still in the hunt for third in the league and Europe (even if we make 4th) bitten the hand off the soothsayer?
Oh yes!

Will we make it?
Well there's the rub. Right now the players and team management at the club will be flatter than a Shrove Tuesday pancake that’s been stood on by Nade. So they need to get lifted and focused for Saturday. We are Hibs Fans we’ve seen it all and experienced worse nights than last night.

Expectation is a big emotion. We felt it might just be our year, but it was not to be. What we need to do now is give the club our unreserved support.

We all have our own ideas about the current squad’s best 11 and what needs to be done. Simple fact from my point of view is that this team has no confidence. Getting dome back is about winning and winning well. It all starts on Saturday at Falkirk. Hibs need to field a team that is prepared to put their bodies on the line (I know I sound like a John Hughes speech) and scrap for a win. But more than that we need leadership on the pitch. Someone ready to kick arse and push people on. Do we have such a person? I don’t know. JH screaming from the touchline does not help.

I think we can still get something tangible out of this season. It starts on Saturday. See you there.
:thumbsup:

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 08:16 AM
No change there then!
Embarrassing. Cringe-worthy and ammo for the Yams but hell we've been here before.

Hurting? Yes!

Annoyed? Yes!

If told at the start of this season we would be still in the hunt for third in the league and Europe (even if we make 4th) bitten the hand off the soothsayer?
Oh yes!

Will we make it?
Well there's the rub. Right now the players and team management at the club will be flatter than a Shrove Tuesday pancake that’s been stood on by Nade. So they need to get lifted and focused for Saturday. We are Hibs Fans we’ve seen it all and experienced worse nights than last night.

Expectation is a big emotion. We felt it might just be our year, but it was not to be. What we need to do now is give the club our unreserved support.

We all have our own ideas about the current squad’s best 11 and what needs to be done. Simple fact from my point of view is that this team has no confidence. Getting dome back is about winning and winning well. It all starts on Saturday at Falkirk. Hibs need to field a team that is prepared to put their bodies on the line (I know I sound like a John Hughes speech) and scrap for a win. But more than that we need leadership on the pitch. Someone ready to kick arse and push people on. Do we have such a person? I don’t know. JH screaming from the touchline does not help.

I think we can still get something tangible out of this season. It starts on Saturday. See you there.

They need to give it to us...starting on Saturday.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-03-2010, 08:29 AM
It start's against Falkirk did you say?, huh they are fighting for their lives and no way in hell will we out-fight them on the park, I expect to lose every game until the end of the season if Hughes continues with his present set up

Expecting Rain
24-03-2010, 08:48 AM
No change there then!

Hurting? Yes!

Annoyed? Yes!

Oh yes!

Will we make it?

:top marks

Vince White
24-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Yes, you missed the fact we've been in freefall for weeks and look more than likely to continue in the same vein.

Optimism is a good quality but in current circmstances I can't see anything to base it on. Fifth place at best is my prediction but I won't be surprised if we finish sixth.