PDA

View Full Version : Get a Grip

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Disappointed as I am with yet another avoidable cup exit, I have to say it pales into insignificance when it comes to some of the pathetic, childish, womanly posts on this board this morning.

I am no uber fan, but I thought that anyone who has supported a football team for any period of time would be able to handle disappointment better than the threads on here suggest.

See if you really feel that bad about things, why don't you just ***** off and take up a pastime more suited to your temprament, like tapestry or bowls. You certainly aren't men, the way you are whingeing.

I'm not talking about decent conversations analysing tactics, or performances. I'm talking about the "ooo isn't it terrible, ah wanted Hibs to win the cup and now they've not my whole life has fallen apaprt"; "oh ya lie, I thought they'd win by 8 goals and now they haven't I just want to scream my head off" etc.

See if you want to get stuff like that off yer chests, why not write to Bella or Take a Break, and claim £250? You'll be in good company with all the other "poor me" types that write in.

Saps, *****ing saps.

Allant1981
24-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Disappointed as I am with yet another avoidable cup exit, I have to say it pales into insignificance when it comes to some of the pathetic, childish, womanly posts on this board this morning.

I am no uber fan, but I thought that anyone who has supported a football team for any period of time would be able to handle disappointment better than the threads on here suggest.

See if you really feel that bad about things, why don't you just ***** off and take up a pastime more suited to your temprament, like tapestry or bowls. You certainly aren't men, the way you are whingeing.

I'm not talking about decent conversations analysing tactics, or performances. I'm talking about the "ooo isn't it terrible, ah wanted Hibs to win the cup and now they've not my whole life has fallen apaprt"; "oh ya lie, I thought they'd win by 8 goals and now they haven't I just want to scream my head off" etc.

See if you want to get stuff like that off yer chests, why not write to Bella or Take a Break, and claim £250? You'll be in good company with all the other "poor me" types that write in.

Saps, *****ing saps.

:thumbsup:

down the slope
24-03-2010, 07:37 AM

Saps, *****ing saps.

Well if performances of late are good enough for you so be it but it's not good enough for me, i will whinge if i like as i pay the players wages, i think you are in a minority this morning.

MussyHibby
24-03-2010, 07:41 AM

Saps, *****ing saps.

Don't disagree with a lot of that but controversial and sexist, as I'm sure it was intended.......the controversial part!

Abraham Lincoln once said "you're as happy as you make up your mind to be"! Wonder how many think about that this morning?

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Well if performances of late are good enough for you so be it but it's not good enough for me, i will whinge if i like as i pay the players wages, i think you are in a minority this morning.

You pay the players wages? In that case, they pay yours. Think about it.

On second thoughts, don't. Just keep whingeing, it obviously isn't something that you find pathetic.

down the slope
24-03-2010, 07:45 AM
I will.

Peevemor
24-03-2010, 07:46 AM

Saps, *****ing saps.

:top marks

euro Hibby
24-03-2010, 07:48 AM
it all depends what you have been through. I think in 40 years of following Hibs I have seen it all so the dingwall result does not cut deep. We have been crap for about 8 weeks now and we just got confirmation again that we are still crap........but hey we will probably miss europe by 1 point or similar.

If you are a hibee you live with this........

Houchy
24-03-2010, 07:50 AM
I will.

:agree: And so will I.

If anyone can be called saps it's that bunch of jokers that have been masquerading as footballers since November that when the going gets tough, they go into hiding... and stay there. :agree:

steakbake
24-03-2010, 07:50 AM

Saps, *****ing saps.

:top marks:

Victory is sweet, defeat is painful. Some folk say things in the heat of the moment, but other folk's reactions make me surprised they bother logging on to a Hibs fan forum. Disappointing, but it's hardly the end of the world. That's actually scheduled for next week, when the poles will slip and we'll all fall off the face of the earth into a spacey oblivion.

Sadly, Bella or Take a Break will still be obsessed with cruel Turkish husbands, the funny things grandkids say and people claiming they got bummed by a poltergeist ("Spook gave me the willies" - Bella, October 2003).

Next....

down the slope
24-03-2010, 07:51 AM

Saps, *****ing saps.

Another one happy to be looser, maybe that's what's wrong with our club, people like you who will put up with any old crap season after season, not me and i think you will find thousands of others who think the same.

MussyHibby
24-03-2010, 07:52 AM
it all depends what you have been through. I think in 40 years of following Hibs I have seen it all so the dingwall result does not cut deep. We have been crap for about 8 weeks now and we just got confirmation again that we are still crap........but hey we will probably miss europe by 1 point or similar.

True mate, it's all relative isn't it.

Very mixed emotions this morning. Upset we're out and the manner we've gone out but kindof expected as a Hibby! Even the kids and the wife seemed wary of my attitude this morning and that aint right. Needs to be put into perspective.

MSK
24-03-2010, 07:53 AM

Saps, *****ing saps.That reminds me ...i have to put my hibs stickers onto my bowls !!! :hmmm:

Mili Tant
24-03-2010, 07:54 AM
"womanly posts" Nice comment from someone who then goes on to describe how much "Bella" or "Take a Break" will pay you for doing a wee peice for them!

The back your side at any price brigade is the reason we are now 109 years without a Scottish cup in the cabinet. I don't mind admitting I was one who was delighted when Yogi was given the job but as the great Lennon said "The Dream is Over". Yogi is a great Hibby so let him now take his place among other greats - in the Stands at Easter Road. No tactics, no guile, no plan B, no organisational skills. Sad but true.

euro Hibby
look if you want to be a winner don't support Hibs.......simple as that. Just look at the stats. Yet we all hope that is our year and thats one of the reasons I follow Hibs.....

steakbake
That reminds me ...i have to put my hibs stickers onto my bowls !!! :hmmm:

Are you going to get the Paul Kane panini sticker from the 80s album? Watch his wee face spinning round and round on the way to the jack?

northgreen24
24-03-2010, 07:55 AM
I have to say I agree with filled rolls,

I am as disapointed as the next person however I feel there has been progress (but not as much as I thought compaired to pre january).

the easiest reaction and the one that most fans say is "sack the manager, dump the players" but if this happens we will be on the same merry go round every bloody season". The best we can hope for is 3rd (still a chance) and a good cup run (just short on the semi).

Now i know that some will say that we should have beaten ross county as they are a 1st division club however taking that logic hibs,hearts, dunde utd should never win a game against the old firm due to resources ect. however if they are on a bad spell , low in confidence it can and does happen!!!

if we can learn from this spell however painfull surly this will help in the future as i want a manager for season's rather than just one as i feel this is how we will win the cup and mabey split the old firm one day

or mabey im just a happy clapper:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
Another one happy to be looser,

It's loose women that get banged on holiday and then write into Take a Break when the guy doesn't contact them.

hibbymac
That reminds me ...i have to put my hibs stickers onto my bowls !!! :hmmm:

Ouch, ... bit painful when you remove them. :boo hoo:

Allant1981
24-03-2010, 07:58 AM
"womanly posts" Nice comment from someone who then goes on to describe how much "Bella" or "Take a Break" will pay you for doing a wee peice for them!

The back your side at any price brigade is the reason we are now 109 years without a Scottish cup in the cabinet. I don't mind admitting I was one who was delighted when Yogi was given the job but as the great Lennon said "The Dream is Over". Yogi is a great Hibby so let him now take his place among other greats - in the Stands at Easter Road. No tactics, no guile, no plan B, no organisational skills. Sad but true.

No the players who dont have the baws to take a game by the scruff of the neck and control and win a game are the reason we havent won the cup

MSK
24-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Are you going to get the Paul Kane panini sticker from the 80s album? Watch his wee face spinning round and round on the way to the jack?No ..they are genuine bowls stickers wi the club crest ..nae need for the Kano faced panini sticker ..:greengrin

Thats the way i will get over the stresses of following hibs ..excellent therapy which i would highly recommend to stressed oot hibbies on here ..:wink:

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 08:01 AM

Saps, *****ing saps.

It's not just the cup exit though is it??

Calling for people to not go to matches and do something else doesn't seem a good way to back your club, infact it sounds like a blobby soundbite.

Killiehibbie
24-03-2010, 08:07 AM
No ..they are genuine bowls stickers wi the club crest ..nae need for the Kano faced panini sticker ..:greengrin

Thats the way i will get over the stresses of following hibs ..excellent therapy which i would highly recommend to stressed oot hibbies on here ..:wink:

Bowls is too low impact 5 minutes on the punchbag is much more therapeutic, you can even stick faces on the bag. Sad that it takes recent events to get a hertz free first page.

johnrebus
24-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Another one happy to be looser, maybe that's what's wrong with our club, people like you who will put up with any old crap season after season, not me and i think you will find thousands of others who think the same.

No-one here is happy to be a loser, but wringing your hands and howling at the moon in not going to change anything.

If a series of bad results creates this sort of over the top knee jerk reaction, it would probably be better for you and others like you to follow the Old Firm instead. Or, if you prefer, Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona etc. etc. from your armchair.

GGTTH

:greengrin

hibbymac
24-03-2010, 08:13 AM
YouTube - John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air (1978) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo) :notworthy:

Dr Jimmy
24-03-2010, 08:16 AM
The back your side at any price brigade is the reason we are now 109 years without a Scottish cup in the cabinet. I don't mind admitting I was one who was delighted when Yogi was given the job but as the great Lennon said "The Dream is Over". Yogi is a great Hibby so let him now take his place among other greats - in the Stands at Easter Road. No tactics, no guile, no plan B, no organisational skills. Sad but true.[/QUOTE]

That is it in a nutshell for me. He needs to go.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-03-2010, 08:20 AM

Hear Hear :top marks

PansHibs
24-03-2010, 08:25 AM

If you want to see a team win something every season away and support one of the infirm.

Me i was brought up a Hibby, i blame my Dad but he always said its good character building to be a Hibs fan

So lets all just dry our eyes and get on with supporting the team

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 08:30 AM
If you want to see a team win something every season away and support one of the infirm.

Me i was brought up a Hibby, i blame my Dad but he always said its good character building to be a Hibs fan

So lets all just dry our eyes and get on with supporting the team

Just because some of us want to see a winning side on the park for a change we should go and watch the infirm??????????????

Could you be any more patronising???

hibsbollah
24-03-2010, 08:33 AM

Saps, *****ing saps.

You've been reading your Kipling again, havent you FR?:wink:

PansHibs
24-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Hibs as a club have never in its whole history been able to consistently put out a winning team, i thought you'd have realised that by now, we as supporters don't follow the team in the expectations of winning things every year, it happens now and again but thats all thats ever going to happen.

wasn't meaning to patronise but its just a fact if you want to see a team winning every week then your supporting the wrong team.

One thing i will say is though, we as supporters should expect our team to give 100 percent every week don't think we can ask for anything else though.

SalfordHibs
24-03-2010, 08:40 AM

Saps, *****ing saps.

Filled rolls with comments like Bella and Take A Break and then calling certain posters on here woman...Think about it.

How do the players pay our wages exactly, the fans are the ones giving their hard earned money over to the club, the club shop, the pie stands etc for what exactly. We have alot of players that dont have any bottle we got put out comfortably by a team of ROSS COUNTY is that acceptable, Yogi had them watched "5" times and still couldn't get the tactics right, he has no plan B either when things aren't going well, without the fans their would be no club, the fans are the biggest part of any club, so what happens when alot of fans fail to turn up, Hibs aren't getting in as much money as they would like, changes need to be done instantly, we will be lucky if we finish 5th this season.

We won games with luck, our midfield has been too light, Yogi sticks with his pal players but also plays them out of position, cant match other teams with a simple 442 formation.

And to all they fans who thought Nish would have helped on Saturday, last night was evident he is not good enough, basic school boy errors like being caught off side.

Hibs need a big clear out and not just the players, Yogi doesn't have it and it's another one of those ex player managers issue, we need someone who has had no involvement with the club, give me McKinnes anyday.

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Hibs as a club have never in its whole history been able to consistently put out a winning team, i thought you'd have realised that by now, we as supporters don't follow the team in the expectations of winning things every year, it happens now and again but thats all thats ever going to happen.

wasn't meaning to patronise but its just a fact if you want to see a team winning every week then your supporting the wrong team.

One thing i will say is though, we as supporters should expect our team to give 100 percent every week don't think we can ask for anything else though.

What about the famous 5 or the tornados??
OK they still never won the SC but win consistantly they did.

I do agree that we should expect a team that gives 100% week in, week out but we don't have that do we??

degenerated
24-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Filled rolls with comments like Bella and Take A Break and then calling certain posters on here woman...Think about it.

How do the players pay our wages exactly, the fans are the ones giving their hard earned money over to the club, the club shop, the pie stands etc for what exactly. We have alot of players that dont have any bottle we got put out comfortably by a team of ROSS COUNTY is that acceptable, Yogi had them watched "5" times and still couldn't get the tactics right, he has no plan B either when things aren't going well, without the fans their would be no club, the fans are the biggest part of any club, so what happens when alot of fans fail to turn up, Hibs aren't getting in as much money as they would like, changes need to be done instantly, we will be lucky if we finish 5th this season.

We won games with luck, our midfield has been too light, Yogi sticks with his pal players but also plays them out of position, cant match other teams with a simple 442 formation.

And to all they fans who thought Nish would have helped on Saturday, last night was evident he is not good enough, basic school boy errors like being caught off side.

Hibs need a big clear out and not just the players, Yogi doesn't have it and it's another one of those ex player managers issue, we need someone who has had no involvement with the club, give me McKinnes anyday.

And when mcinnes loses a few games on the bounce and gets knocked out the cup you'd be on here saying the same again.

The bipolar nature of the posts on here is hilarious. The very same posters who are now calling for Hughes head will be on here talking about winning the league when we string two wins together.

Expecting Rain
24-03-2010, 08:53 AM
FR, i agree with your comments, does that after all these years now make me a happy clapper?

down the slope
24-03-2010, 08:54 AM
I can take defeat no prob but it's the chocolate soldier syndrome that gets me especially away from home, all i expect is a competent display and to try to play to the best of our abilities with a bit of passion but we don't even get that.
While it's a good thing to back your team to the hilt i do not buy into do not whinge stuff as if that were the case we would still have Duff Jimmy at the club. At the end of the day the club is hostage to public opinion like it or not and we have as much right to express our opinions whether on here or at the ground, by the way when i mentioned loosers earlier i obviously meant loser, it's just the hippy in my soul, stay loose.

SalfordHibs
24-03-2010, 08:54 AM
And when mcinnes loses a few games on the bounce and gets knocked out the cup you'd be on here saying the same again.

The bipolar nature of the posts on here is hilarious. The very same posters who are now calling for Hughes head will be on here talking about winning the league when we string two wins together.

Show me one post i have put up Hibs were going to win the league or split the old firm, simply you wont, it's hilarious that certain people on here seem to think Yogi will change it :bitchy: We got easily beat and out played by ROSS COUNTY, we got totally out played and out thought by one of the worst YAM teams i have ever seen and they weren't at their full strength.

Keep on thinking it's going to get better when we are sitting 6th :bye:

Steve20
24-03-2010, 09:16 AM
It's a messageboard FFS. Surely people are allowed to vent anger on here at another gutless performance from us.

If anyone thinks the performances recently are anything other than shameful, they obviously have very very low standards.

Vince White
24-03-2010, 09:21 AM

We might ask for 100% effort but we don't even get that do we? I can accept the view that we can't expect to win much but it baffles me that some fans will have a go at other fans who say they're sick and fed up of being fed sub-standard rubbish more often than not. Hibs at present are pathetic and deserve a sackload of criticism. Why should those of us who have put up with this for far too long not be entitled to express how much it frustrates and upsets us? If the players felt, I mean really felt, a fraction of what a lot of fans feel when they are regularly let down then it might not happen with such depressing frequency.

hibiedude
24-03-2010, 01:48 PM

I agree with every word you said :top marks

Hibs On Tour
24-03-2010, 02:02 PM
He didn't say he was happy about it. He said that some of the whinging is getting ridiculous and he's bang on, it is...

Sammy7nil
24-03-2010, 02:06 PM

Saps, *****ing saps.

Not that I totally disagree BUT I posted this on another thread and I think it is also relevant to yours.

GREAT POST WELL THOUGHT OUT. I am sure Petrie will be on the phone for more advice.

I have been season ticket holder for around 25 years and went home and away for many years prior to getting a season ticket.
I am seriously considering not renewing. Okay tell me to f off etc not need but that is WRONG. Hibs need fans like me who bring through and encourage the next generation of fans.

As I get older football is less a life and death thing. There are other things competing for my time. I have missed 3 home games so far due to holidays and weddings no doubt the same will happen next year.
So WHY Buy a season ticket? walk up prices will be cheaper for me BUT I will also be less likely to go on cold wey wind days playing Hamilton if I dont have a season Ticket. This will be a loss to Hibs.
With the bigger capacity you will be able to get seats with your mates no problem. If I was the TASH I would be very very worried about season sales for next year.

NOW MORE THAN EVER HIBS NEED THE FANS AND THEY HAVE TO WORK FAR HARDER TO ATTRACT AND KEEP THEM.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-03-2010, 02:08 PM

uu, ok then

HibsMax
24-03-2010, 02:35 PM

Saps, *****ing saps.
To be honest, FR, it's a messageboard and I would much rather people take out their frustrations here than at the ground where such displays of rebellion could be far more influential, in a negative way, on the players.

For what it's worth, I agree in part with what you're saying. It's just another frustrating point in Hibs long history. I'm not going to throw anyone under the bus. Football is a team sport and even though some individuals will outperform others, they win as a team and lose as a team. That's the players, the manager and the coaching staff.

Maybe I'm jaded because during my lifetime I have seen only a handful of truly brilliant moments. But there's always next year. :)

EDIT: obviously I wasn't at last night's game. In fact, I've barely seen any Hibs this season at all. But I've been to plenty pish games in the past, I know what it's like. ;)

Fifer
24-03-2010, 02:39 PM

Saps, *****ing saps.
:top marksLet's try and support the team. We are all hurting at the moment, but now is the time to give them support . Not abuse. :notworthy:

Vince White
24-03-2010, 02:49 PM
:top marksLet's try and support the team. We are all hurting at the moment, but now is the time to give them support . Not abuse. :notworthy:

No, now IS the time to dish out some richly deserved criticism IMHO. If it's not the right time now, when is? Nobody's going to be boo a winning team. But a team that has all but given up the ghost like this one deserves abuse from the fans, especially those who spent so much time and money following them north last night. The players, not the fans, are '****in saps'.

flash
24-03-2010, 02:57 PM
"womanly posts"

The back your side at any price brigade is the reason we are now 109 years without a Scottish cup in the cabinet.

Aye it's all the fault of those fans who back the team through thick and thin. i don't even regard myself as the kind of optimist you refer to but regardless of that away and boil yer heid.

EuanH78
24-03-2010, 03:04 PM

Saps, *****ing saps.

:top marks I agree with you entirely FR and it seems you've struck a nerve :greengrin

God, you wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some of this lot. No wonder we don't have our own war memorial :wink:.

Man up ya' spineless wimmin.

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Don't disagree with a lot of that but controversial and sexist, as I'm sure it was intended.......the controversial part!

Abraham Lincoln once said "you're as happy as you make up your mind to be"! Wonder how many think about that this morning?

I had to say they were a bunch of women, I'm not allowed to say their going on like a bunch of poofs. :devil:

I've been taking Fybogel for weeks, and it has done me know harm at all. :wink:

Thousands of people thought the world was flat, and that Hitler was a top bloke. Stop being such a drama queen - it's football FFS, there's more important things in life.

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2010, 04:09 PM

Because they buy things as well, the money circulates and it ends up in your pocket when you get paid. I hate the arrogant, employer/employee attitude that this "I pay your wages" sh*t implies.

Strictly speaking, fans don't pay the players, Hibernian football club does. The fans give their money to Hibs. Unless you are a shareholder, you are nothing more than a customer.

Imagine going into Sainsbury's and trying that cr*p on at the check out. If I was serving you I'd be very unhappy.

down the slope
24-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Because they buy things as well, the money circulates and it ends up in your pocket when you get paid. I hate the arrogant, employer/employee attitude that this "I pay your wages" sh*t implies.

Strictly speaking, fans don't pay the players, Hibernian football club does. The fans give their money to Hibs. Unless you are a shareholder, you are nothing more than a customer.

Imagine going into Sainsbury's and trying that cr*p on at the check out. If I was serving you I'd be very unhappy.

Eh !. Where do you think Hibs get the money from ?, just print it themselves i suppose. You must get past the book of economics for five year olds.

hibiedude
24-03-2010, 04:20 PM
:top marks I agree with you entirely FR and it seems you've struck a nerve :greengrin

God, you wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some of this lot. No wonder we don't have our own war memorial :wink:.

Why are people not allowed to express there opinion without all this nonsence, what makes The back your side at any price brigade right ?

The guy is giving his honest opinion its allowed its in the rules :confused:

I wouldn't want any of the back your side at any price brigade leading me into battle at any cost. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Eh !. Where do you think Hibs get the money from ?, just print it themselves i suppose. You must get past the book of economics for five year olds.

So who pays your wages, do you just print it yourself?

BEEJ
24-03-2010, 05:26 PM
It's a messageboard FFS. Surely people are allowed to vent anger on here at another gutless performance from us.
Naw! Bottle it up!

Keep schtum, keep going along to the games and keep paying over your money. But don't expect anything and even if events on the park appear somewhat below standard and peculiar, keep smiling through.

You can't express disappointment on here you see because of all the little visitors from the dark side that infest this forum. The OP is more aggravated by the fact that these creatures are having a great time reading the emotional outbursts of some of our more 'womanly' Hibs.net members (FR's comment, not mine!) and he would much rather that this practice ceases forthwith. :greengrin

So here's looking forward to the blue skies that await us, the sun dawning on a robust 4-4-2 formation at Falkirk on Saturday and a hard-fought 1-1 draw to push us ever closer to that much coveted 5th place SPL finish. :wink:

What a team! It could only be Hibs. :flag:

EuanH78
24-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Why are people not allowed to express there opinion without all this nonsence, what makes The back your side at any price brigade right ?

The guy is giving his honest opinion its allowed its in the rules :confused:

I wouldn't want any of the back your side at any price brigade leading me into battle at any cost. :wink:

I don't have to agree with anyone's opinion though do I? Honest or otherwise.

When folks are saying "i'm not going back" they aren't really backing the side at all are they.

Your staying though right? Ok, I'm staying too so I figure I've got two choices here, I can either : accept that we're out the cup and get on with enjoying what football is left of the season where I can. Or I can bitch/ moan and whine about it like a wee boy thats no had his juice.

I'm a Hibby, I know what to expect. I'll just get on with supporting my team, warts and all, thanks.

You wouldn't want to be in the trenches with people that would back you to the hilt? How strange :confused:.

Anyway that was just a ridiculous analogy I pulled out my arse to have a cheap dig at the yams. :agree:

weecounty hibby
24-03-2010, 06:11 PM

Saps, *****ing saps.
Why should we be able to handle dissapointment better. I think it may have been Shankly who said "show me a good loser and I will show you a loser" he was right. Good losers tend to lose. I want my team kicking, biting , snarling and doing anything to win. And you know what I don't mind our fans doing the same. I posted a few of these posts you refer to last night and you know what, I meant every last one of them. I am sick to the back teeth of Hibs being losers.
I don't want to follow the OF to see winning teams I want to do it watching Hibs but you know what it aint going to happen. It used to almost be more than life or death to me and I hate to think of the amount of fights I have gotten into over the years when pissed off by a Hibs loss or someone taking the piss about Hibs but now it is becoming less and less difficult to care and results like last night make it even more so. So you keep on being a good loser and Hibs will keep on being losers.
I felt physically sick last night listening to the radio when RC scored the winner and the wife had me on suicide watch all night and the pain has not gone away all day.

Gerard
24-03-2010, 06:21 PM

Saps, *****ing saps.

harsh but true
Football does not owe success to players, fans or anyone else. It is a game that will often cause disappointment in failure; but at times give great pleasure when your team is successful
G

JCHibby
24-03-2010, 06:27 PM

Saps, *****ing saps.

Bollocks , IMO:wink:

If your happy for someone to pi$$ in your pocket and tell you its raining thats fine. Cause that my friend is what the players are doing to the fans who pay their hard earned money to follow the club.

I hope Yogi had them down Gullane dunes and beasted them today from 9-5...

down the slope
24-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Why should we be able to handle dissapointment better. I think it may have been Shankly who said "show me a good loser and I will show you a loser" he was right. Good losers tend to lose. I want my team kicking, biting , snarling and doing anything to win. And you know what I don't mind our fans doing the same. I posted a few of these posts you refer to last night and you know what, I meant every last one of them. I am sick to the back teeth of Hibs being losers.
I don't want to follow the OF to see winning teams I want to do it watching Hibs but you know what it aint going to happen. It used to almost be more than life or death to me and I hate to think of the amount of fights I have gotten into over the years when pissed off by a Hibs loss or someone taking the piss about Hibs but now it is becoming less and less difficult to care and results like last night make it even more so. So you keep on being a good loser and Hibs will keep on being losers.
I felt physically sick last night listening to the radio when RC scored the winner and the wife had me on suicide watch all night and the pain has not gone away all day.

Well said, for to long we have had "what do you expect it's the Hibs" or it's not the Hibs way-what a pile off crap, i keep getting told that i take it to seriously but that's the way it is for me and it is still hurting massively after last night but if you can shrug it off lightly then good luck to you.

Eaststand
24-03-2010, 07:34 PM

I'm just home and read this...trenches / war memorial ...........dini tell me we're at war wi somebody....is it the Germans again, or some other lot this time
I'm away up to my atic to look out my uniform and kit

GGTTH

down the slope
24-03-2010, 07:37 PM
We're doomed a tell ye.....doomed.

lapsedhibee
24-03-2010, 07:39 PM

When blobby was here I took his advice and went to the cinema on a Saturday afternoon. Are you saying it was wrong of me, when it turned out to be a duff film, to boo the screen and scream abuse at the actors, all the while pointing out to everyone else in the cinema that I was paying the actors' wages? :dunno:

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Bollocks , IMO:wink:

If your happy for someone to pi$$ in your pocket and tell you its raining thats fine. Cause that my friend is what the players are doing to the fans who pay their hard earned money to follow the club.

I hope Yogi had them down Gullane dunes and beasted them today from 9-5...

Mate,what I am unhappy about is the way that people are dealing with their unhappiness. Of course people are p*ssed off, I am too or I wouldn't be so grumpy.

What gets me is this perception that it isn't fair, and that we deserve more. I think maybe people are transferring frustrations from other parts of their lives onto their football team tbh.

When Shankly said football was more important than life or death he was joking. Some people are behaving like they've lost something much more important than a football game, and I find that a bit insulting to people who have genuine sorrow in their lives.

All this hard earned money stuff is cr*p IMO. If it had been that hard earned, you'd be less inclined to throw it at a frivolity like football.

When blobby was here I took his advice and went to the cinema on a Saturday afternoon. Are you saying it was wrong of me, when it turned out to be a duff film, to boo the screen and scream abuse at the actors, all the while pointing out to everyone else in the cinema that I was paying the actors' wages? :dunno:

Depends who was in the film.

lEXO
24-03-2010, 07:47 PM

Saps, *****ing saps.
Jesus, a post moaning about people moaning.Maybe you should write to Bella complaining about it and get£250 for yoursef if your that keen on the idea.

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Jesus, a post moaning about people moaning.Maybe you should write to Bella complaining about it and get£250 for yoursef if your that keen on the idea.

I'm trying to work it into a story about how my missus blew our life savings on a love nest with a 22 year old Turk, and left me a gibbering, gobby clown.

They take our money, they should accept our rules. (http://www.marmarissummer.com/marmaris-news/10913-equal-holiday-rights-women-petition.html)

lEXO
24-03-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm trying to work it into a story about how my missus blew our life savings on a love nest with a 22 year old Turk, and left me a gibbering, gobby clown.

They take our money, they should accept our rules. (http://www.marmarissummer.com/marmaris-news/10913-equal-holiday-rights-women-petition.html)
The £250 would come in handy then. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2010, 08:04 PM
The £250 would come in handy then. :wink:

Wish I'd put it on Ross County last night, instead of telling all my pals to. :boo hoo:

surreyhibbie
24-03-2010, 08:44 PM
You've been reading your Kipling again, havent you FR?:wink:

What the **** have cakes got to do with anything? :confused:

Filled Rolls, not French Fancies mate....:greengrin

FWIW I tend to agree with Mr Rolls, but then we've seen it all far too often and will doubtless see it again. Gutted, totally gutted but at least there aren't any yamfuds down here for me to listen to.

Jones28
24-03-2010, 08:58 PM

Saps, *****ing saps.

wpj
24-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Mate,what I am unhappy about is the way that people are dealing with their unhappiness. Of course people are p*ssed off, I am too or I wouldn't be so grumpy.

What gets me is this perception that it isn't fair, and that we deserve more. I think maybe people are transferring frustrations from other parts of their lives onto their football team tbh.
When Shankly said football was more important than life or death he was joking. Some people are behaving like they've lost something much more important than a football game, and I find that a bit insulting to people who have genuine sorrow in their lives.

All this hard earned money stuff is cr*p IMO. If it had been that hard earned, you'd be less inclined to throw it at a frivolity like football.

Depends who was in the film.

Possibly, but for a lot of people football is a welcomed escape from the "frustration of other parts of their lives" therefore not unreasonable they are upset when the team that promised a lot at the start of the season has seemingly imploded.

cabbageandribs1875
24-03-2010, 09:51 PM
give me McKinnes anyday.

what makes you think he would be a better manager than yogi ? just because he has the measure of a hibs team that every other manager seems to have...his team still aren't above us so ?:confused:

tamig
24-03-2010, 10:09 PM

Spot on. :agree:

madabouthibs
24-03-2010, 10:11 PM
what makes you think he would be a better manager than yogi ? just because he has the measure of a hibs team that every other manager seems to have...his team still aren't above us so ?:confused:
... and won't be this season. :agree:

Nowt wrong with Yogi, relatively speaking, theres something up down ER way and he simply needs some time to sort it out. I'll be SUPPORTING him and his team for the rest of the season. :thumbsup:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
24-03-2010, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=madabouthibs;2402486]... and won't be this season. :agree:

Nowt wrong with Yogi, relatively speaking, theres something up down ER way and he simply needs some time to sort it out. I'll be SUPPORTING him and his team for the rest of the season. :thumbsup:[/QOTE]

If there is nothing wrong with Yogi (and I agree with you) what is the problem. 3 managers in a row seem to have problems with the dressing room. Not the same squad of players over the same manager so what is the problem ?

down the slope
24-03-2010, 10:15 PM

No i don't, , that's what's wrong with our club and supporters-happy with fifth best, well it's not for me.

madabouthibs
24-03-2010, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=madabouthibs;2402486]... and won't be this season. :agree:

Nowt wrong with Yogi, relatively speaking, theres something up down ER way and he simply needs some time to sort it out. I'll be SUPPORTING him and his team for the rest of the season. :thumbsup:[/QOTE]

If there is nothing wrong with Yogi (and I agree with you) what is the problem. 3 managers in a row seem to have problems with the dressing room. Not the same squad of players over the same manager so what is the problem ?
I dunno, maybe too many decent nightclubs in Edinburgh? :greengrin
For me, one of the biggest problems is Bamba, we need him in midfield. :agree:

King Paddy
24-03-2010, 10:29 PM
How you can deny supporters the right to criticise a team of primma donna's, whingers, and wasters defy's belief. You should wake up and smell the stink that emanates from this team of imposters. Hammered totally by our greatest rivals and second best over two games against a ist div team get real mate.:grr::grr:

Antifa Hibs
24-03-2010, 10:41 PM

Saps, *****ing saps.

What gives you the right to tell people to **** off and find another past-time? Admins, after my wee warning for swearing, i'm assuming filled rolls will be recieving one also..?

We took days of work, spent a fortune, gave the team a decent backing for what, to get the piss took out us by a highland league outfit, half their team is part-time, we have ex EPL players, ex OF players, a potential WC player. Miller and Riordan will earn more in a week than everyone combined at Ross County will earn in a month! On top of that we also have a manager who hasn't a clue, it wasn't just last night, some folk (not me) have noticed it all season.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone up there last night has the right to react who they want.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
24-03-2010, 10:54 PM
What gives you the right to tell people to **** off and find another past-time? Admins, after my wee warning for swearing, i'm assuming filled rolls will be recieving one also..?

We took days of work, spent a fortune, gave the team a decent backing for what, to get the piss took out us by a highland league outfit, half their team is part-time, we have ex EPL players, ex OF players, a potential WC player. Miller and Riordan will earn more in a week than everyone combined at Ross County will earn in a month! On top of that we also have a manager who hasn't a clue, it wasn't just last night, some folk (not me) have noticed it all season.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone up there last night has the right to react who they want.

So, by your last sentence, only the people who where up there last night should say what they think ? We have all taken days of work and spent fortunes and are entitled to say what we think, and yes I was there last night but don't see that as an issue.

And if you have a problem with the OP's language surely it would be better reporting it offline rather than telling tales on a message board ? ( I have no problem with the OP'S use of words)

hibiedude
25-03-2010, 05:41 AM
I don't have to agree with anyone's opinion though do I? Honest or otherwise.
When folks are saying "i'm not going back" they aren't really backing the side at all are they.

Your staying though right? Ok, I'm staying too so I figure I've got two choices here, I can either : accept that we're out the cup and get on with enjoying what football is left of the season where I can. Or I can bitch/ moan and whine about it like a wee boy thats no had his juice.

I'm a Hibby, I know what to expect. I'll just get on with supporting my team, warts and all, thanks.

You wouldn't want to be in the trenches with people that would back you to the hilt? How strange :confused:.

Anyway that was just a ridiculous analogy I pulled out my arse to have a cheap dig at the yams. :agree:

You don't have to agree with anyone's opinion but you seem to find it very easy to ridicule others who express a different opinion to yours.

And for the record were all Hibs fans warts and all, thanks.

the trenches quote I suggest you go back and read it again because you seemed to have added words I didn't say to suit your answer' so it's not the only thing your pulled out my arse then , :wink:

Antifa Hibs
25-03-2010, 10:03 AM
So, by your last sentence, only the people who where up there last night should say what they think ? We have all taken days of work and spent fortunes and are entitled to say what we think, and yes I was there last night but don't see that as an issue.

And if you have a problem with the OP's language surely it would be better reporting it offline rather than telling tales on a message board ? ( I have no problem with the OP'S use of words)

No, but I do think those who went should be allowed to react in anyway they want and have there own opinions of Yogi and the players. Most of the posts of 'I'm not going back' etc would be a mixture of rage and passion taking over, a spur of the moment thing. On the coach back doon the road on Tuesday I was adament I wasn't going to Falkirk on Saturday. This morning though I've checked train times and sorted out tickets, most would be like that, a daft spur of the moment thing.

And I couldn't care less about people's language wether they swear or not, but I was pulled up for breaking the swear filter, so will a well-known "respected" member be pulled up for it also..? Or does that only happen to outside nobodies?

SalfordHibs
25-03-2010, 11:00 AM
No, but I do think those who went should be allowed to react in anyway they want and have there own opinions of Yogi and the players. Most of the posts of 'I'm not going back' etc would be a mixture of rage and passion taking over, a spur of the moment thing. On the coach back doon the road on Tuesday I was adament I wasn't going to Falkirk on Saturday. This morning though I've checked train times and sorted out tickets, most would be like that, a daft spur of the moment thing.

And I couldn't care less about people's language wether they swear or not, but I was pulled up for breaking the swear filter, so will a well-known "respected" member be pulled up for it also..? Or does that only happen to outside nobodies?

:top marks:thumbsup:

Sweep
25-03-2010, 11:59 AM
I too am dissapointed with the string of bad results lately, but most teams go through a rough patch. You only need to look at the results and performances from earlier in the season to realise we have a good team.

Confidence seemsto be low just now, something that a couple of good results can change.

So what do we have to look forward to now we are out the cup?

With the possibility of European football next season still a reality,together with the new stand and summersignings to strengthen the team. Next season has the potential to be even better than this one.

Hibs On Tour
25-03-2010, 12:10 PM
I had to say they were a bunch of women, I'm not allowed to say their going on like a bunch of poofs. :devil:

I've been taking Fybogel for weeks, and it has done me know harm at all. :wink:

Thousands of people thought the world was flat, and that Hitler was a top bloke. Stop being such a drama queen - it's football FFS, there's more important things in life.

:nerd: Common misconception. Simply wasn't the case. [courtesy of QI] :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
25-03-2010, 03:16 PM

It's all about opinions. My opinion is a lot of people's reaction was like a baby flinging its toys out of the pram.

Really there are bigger things to worry about in life, and I don't see why I should feel sorry for people moaning about blowing £100 or whatever, when there are people who have to live on less that.

I apologise for swearing, that was petulant as well.

:nerd: Common misconception. Simply wasn't the case. [courtesy of QI] :greengrin

I saw that episode too, it's an apocryphal story that illustrates the point that just because the majority of people think something is right, it doesn't actually mean it is.

Besides, there are parts of Fife, where they think if they go past Dunfermline they'll fall off the edge of the world.

Peevemor
25-03-2010, 03:18 PM
It's all about opinions. My opinion is a lot of people's reaction was like a baby flinging its toys out of the pram.

Really there are bigger things to worry about in life, and I don't see why I should feel sorry for people moaning about blowing £100 or whatever, when there are people who have to live on less that.

I saw that episode too, it's an apocryphal story that illustrates the point that just because the majority of people think something is right, it doesn't actually mean it is.

Besides, there are parts of Fife, where they think if they go past Dunfermline they'll fall off the edge of the world.

That's what it feels like when you enter Fife from the Edinburgh side.

Phil D. Rolls
25-03-2010, 03:20 PM
That's what it feels like when you enter Fife from the Edinburgh side.

Ever been to Lochore?

Peevemor
25-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Ever been to Lochore?

I've been to all sorts of splendid places in Fifeshire. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
25-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I've been to all sorts of splendid places in Fifeshire. :greengrin

If it didn't exist, they'd have to invent it. (yahoorsur)

Hibs On Tour
25-03-2010, 04:14 PM

Ah, but that bit is true... :greengrin

jgl07
25-03-2010, 04:17 PM

Mention of 109 years is a prime facia case for being a Yam.

GreenBlade
25-03-2010, 04:44 PM

Very true, it's all about opinions. That's why Hibs.net exists. To put a guiding arm round sad, happy to lose, gits like you! Your attitude is exactly the same as the tits shaming the jersey at the moment.

There should be a thread on here listing the names of every Hibs supporter who made the journey North to Dingwall. They are real Hibby's and if only one of them want to come on here and let rip at Yogi et al they have earned the bloody right to do so. Who the hell are YOU to say otherwise?

Nobody forced them to travel it's true but they did because they love our club. They want our team to win but chuffs like you seem more than happy if they lose. What kind of fan are you anyway? Good losers are losers, full stop.

EuanH78
25-03-2010, 05:01 PM
You don't have to agree with anyone's opinion but you seem to find it very easy to ridicule others who express a different opinion to yours.

And for the record were all Hibs fans warts and all, thanks.

the trenches quote I suggest you go back and read it again because you seemed to have added words I didn't say to suit your answer' so it's not the only thing your pulled out my arse then , :wink:

I would argue that those who say they aren't going to go back or have had enough are in fact not supporting the team at all(by virtue of their own words)

Others want to cry about it, be my guest but I will laugh at them for being like wee spoilt bairns and take the p!ss accordingly.

As to the semantics of the trenches quote that I admittedley pulled out my arse to poke fun at the yams. Maybe you should read what I said again? You seemed to add the 'lead into battle' lines yourself which is why my response apparently makes no sense to you.

I'm sorry if I seem like I'm being an ar5ehole but thats what I am, so thats the way it comes across sometimes :wink:

homielang
25-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I think we need to put things in perspective. This time last year we had Mixu's version of hoofball and we were lucky to finish in 6th. Yogi's tactics could defo use a change but who would have predicted our run earlier in the season and for some optimism. That said sacking Yogi is an extreme measure. Shoring up our defense in the summer would be a better course of action.

Phil D. Rolls
25-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Very true, it's all about opinions. That's why Hibs.net exists. To put a guiding arm round sad, happy to lose, gits like you! Your attitude is exactly the same as the tits shaming the jersey at the moment.

There should be a thread on here listing the names of every Hibs supporter who made the journey North to Dingwall. They are real Hibby's and if only one of them want to come on here and let rip at Yogi et al they have earned the bloody right to do so. Who the hell are YOU to say otherwise?

Nobody forced them to travel it's true but they did because they love our club. They want our team to win but chuffs like you seem more than happy if they lose. What kind of fan are you anyway? Good losers are losers, full stop.

Where did I say I was happy with the result. I'm disappointed that adults spit the dummy when things don't go their way.

One Day Soon
25-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Popular People's Front of Judea stuff this.

Phil D. Rolls
25-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Popular People's Front of Judea stuff this.

***** off, we're the Judean People's Popular Front! Fancy a boar's nose?

johnrebus
25-03-2010, 07:13 PM

I hope yer no talking aboot Clackmannanshire pal?

Many a good Hibbie has come oot o the Wee County ye ken.

:take that

Phil D. Rolls
25-03-2010, 07:16 PM
I hope yer no talking aboot Clackmannanshire pal?

Many a good Hibbie has come oot o the Wee County ye ken.

:take that

Never been that far, I've heard there are dragons and sea serpents. :shocked:

johnrebus
25-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Never been that far, I've heard there are dragons and sea serpents. :shocked:

Worse.

You will still find a bottle of Irn Bru on every bar counter to go in the whisky.........

:rolleyes:

noseyhibby
25-03-2010, 07:20 PM
maybe that's what's wrong with our club, people who will put up with any old crap season after season, .

I agree.:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
25-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Worse.

You will still find a bottle of Irn Bru on every bar counter to go in the whisky.........

:rolleyes:

Sounds worth a trip.:greengrin

truehibernian
25-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Sod that, I am definitely going to Falkirk. Not wasting a perfectly good family size box of maltesers to throw at Riordan at various intervals of the match to keep him on his toes :faf: Those that spit the dummy and come out with the "I'm not going back stuff" say it because it's the first reaction you have after a horrible defeat. Hibs have taught me very valuable lessons in my life. Take defeat with a wee bit of grace, humour, be humble, learn from it, and hey, you saviour the few successes we have a whole lot more. Seeing my wee fella's face when Stokes scores or Nish falls over his own feet, the banter and arguments you have with the fellow Hibee next to you, travelling through to wee towns not feeling confident but it's great cos you aren't at work and for 90 minutes you can shout, sing and swear til your hoarse, hearing the tannoy at full time say....."and the score from Fir Park, Motherwell is Motherwell 1.....Hearts............NIL"..........and that glorious walk up Easter Road after the game after 3 points a few goals and a cracking performance...............that is what it is all about. And not wasting my perfectly good family size box of maltesers. Go to Falkirk if you can, and if you can't, go to the Utd game........you know you want to :wink: