PDA

View Full Version : have a think

Allant1981
24-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Cant believe some folk are on wanting Hughes sacked, before crimbo hughes was the best thing since sliced bread now he should be on the dole, yes we arent playing anywhere near as good as we can but jesus some people take things to the extreme, this season was always going to be up and down regardless of what people thought early on. If at the end of the season we arent in a better league position than last year then yes look at changing things

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Cant believe some folk are on wanting Hughes sacked, before crimbo hughes was the best thing since sliced bread now he should be on the dole, yes we arent playing anywhere near as good as we can but jesus some people take things to the extreme, this season was always going to be up and down regardless of what people thought early on. If at the end of the season we arent in a better league position than last year then yes look at changing things

Sorry but I can't see any reason that we shouldn't end the season where we are now. The gutless, spineless performances and lack of leadership is there for all to see, so I don't think that people are asking questions is extreme.

Allant1981
24-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Sorry but I can't see any reason that we shouldn't end the season where we are now. The gutless, spineless performances and lack of leadership is there for all to see, so I don't think that people are asking questions is extreme.

How long does a season last, a season just doesnt finish cause the team arent playing well, would we rather be in a relegation fight or fighting for 3rd place? i know where id rather be

hibsforeurope
24-03-2010, 07:45 AM
How long does a season last, a season just doesnt finish cause the team arent playing well, would we rather be in a relegation fight or fighting for 3rd place? i know where id rather be

The team are not fighting for anything at the moment that is the problem. Spineless, clueless, a waste of a jersey most of them!

Allant1981
24-03-2010, 07:48 AM
The team are not fighting for anything at the moment that is the problem. Spineless, clueless, a waste of a jersey most of them!

I agree but doesn that mean that everyone should just pack it in now and bugger off, no, stranger things have happened in football and rather than going and slitting my wrists just now ill wait and see what happens at the end of the season

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 07:54 AM

We were fighting for 2nd place not so long back, but now we appear to be in freefall.
Yes, it could all change, but there is little evidence of this changing...is there??

Allant1981
24-03-2010, 08:01 AM
We were fighting for 2nd place not so long back, but now we appear to be in freefall.
Yes, it could all change, but there is little evidence of this changing...is there??

We were never going to challenge for 2nd place no matter what anyone thought, the OF will almost always be ahead of everyone else so 3rd was/is the target and with only 2 points in it anything can happen, as i say a season isnt just for a few months and plenty can happen

noseyhibby
24-03-2010, 08:02 AM

I agree that the bigger picture is looking back at the WHOLE season and not part of it -Yes, we could end up third, as unlikely as this is. I don't agree that the season was always going to be up and down. Hibs however have taken this to an extreme in terms of sequences of results. It has been a roller coaster -going alarmingly from a team performing poorly to OK and getting results to relegation form. We all know now who the bottlers, the shirkers, the indifferent are -Yogi surely knows these characters too and will fight to get rid of them at the first opportunity -replacing them with those with the right attitude and commitment to the Hibs cause. Hughes btw will never be "on the dole" - he simply has too much money to walk through the door of a jobcentre.

Allant1981
24-03-2010, 08:04 AM
I agree that the bigger picture is looking back at the WHOLE season and not part of it -Yes, we could end up third, as unlikely as this is. I don't agree that the season was always going to be up and down. Hibs however have taken this to an extreme in terms of sequences of results. It has been a roller coaster -going alarmingly from a team performing poorly to OK and getting results to relegation form. We all know now who the bottlers, the shirkers, the indifferent are -Yogi surely knows these characters too and will fight to get rid of them at the first opportunity -replacing them with those with the right attitude and commitment to the Hibs cause. Hughes btw will never be "on the dole" - he simply has too much money to walk through the door of a jobcentre.

How did you think the season was going to go, did you think it would be plain sailing all the way and we would never have any problems. I know he wouldnt actually be on the dole i simply meant out of a job and im pretty certain you knew that

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 08:05 AM
We were never going to challenge for 2nd place no matter what anyone thought, the OF will almost always be ahead of everyone else so 3rd was/is the target and with only 2 points in it anything can happen, as i say a season isnt just for a few months and plenty can happen

That is where we go wrong IMHO.
We were challenging and still should be, but this idea that we will never be able to do something will get to the players more than anything that is spouted on here.

Allant1981
24-03-2010, 08:09 AM
That is where we go wrong IMHO.
We were challenging and still should be, but this idea that we will never be able to do something will get to the players more than anything that is spouted on here.

i agree but this is how it happens in scotland and until something drastic happens then realistically 3rd is what most teams outwith the OF can only hope to achieve, and so far this season we are still in the fight for 3rd place

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 08:13 AM
i agree but this is how it happens in scotland and until something drastic happens then realistically 3rd is what most teams outwith the OF can only hope to achieve, and so far this season we are still in the fight for 3rd place

So we just have to accept it???
Things will never change if that is the attitude.

Yes we are still in the fight for 3rd, but on recent form can you seriously say we have any chance of achieving this???

Bobo
24-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Morning after the Night Before

Here's my tuppence worth :

Even in the cold light of day I can’t really find anything with which to defend John Hughes and his serious lack of ability.

To lose a cup tie, to lower league opposition, over 180 minutes is totally unacceptable for a club of our size. It’s bad enough being taken to a replay but not to have addressed obvious failings with personnel, tactics and formation is nothing short of criminal.

Add the fact that we have only picked up 5 from the last 21 SPL points, over the past two months, and it’s fairly clear that Yogi has very limited ability.

Our early season “good start” in all honesty was down more to good fortune than good football. Performances have barely risen above mediocre apart from spells in games versus Motherwell (A), Hamilton (H), Aberdeen (H) and Rangers (A) otherwise there has been little entertainment or football played to enthral the supporters.

Yogi needs to stop pretending to be one of the boys and start acting like a manager, he’s not there to be liked he should be there to be feared and respected, not thought of as “a good laugh” or buddy by his players. It’s time for him to draw the line and manage his squad with some authority and to earn his money by getting players out of their obvious comfort zone. There should be no automatic picks in the team although too many of them seem to think they are.

Anything less than a 4th place finish, IMO, would amount to abject failure on Yogi’s part. He has more than enough in his squad to comfortably achieve this, there can be no excuses.

Finally, Hughes needs to stop spouting the same p!sh in all his interviews about how he couldn’t ask for more from his players? Of course he can, he should bloody demand it! Also, what he achieves as manager of Hibernian is what concerns me not what he did at Falkirk, time to pull his head out his @rse and concentrate on the sad state of affairs at Easter Road.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-03-2010, 08:24 AM

So you like loads of other sheep on here are quite happy to put up with this result last night and these performances over the last few months?, sorry pal here's one who, after 48 years are sick fed up to the back teeth with the same old excuses and same old ******, just happy to finish top 6? that's simply not good enough in my book

1875er
24-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Morning after the Night Before

Here's my tuppence worth :

Even in the cold light of day I can’t really find anything with which to defend John Hughes and his serious lack of ability.

To lose a cup tie, to lower league opposition, over 180 minutes is totally unacceptable for a club of our size. It’s bad enough being taken to a replay but not to have addressed obvious failings with personnel, tactics and formation is nothing short of criminal.

Add the fact that we have only picked up 5 from the last 21 SPL points, over the past two months, and it’s fairly clear that Yogi has very limited ability.

Our early season “good start” in all honesty was down more to good fortune than good football. Performances have barely risen above mediocre apart from spells in games versus Motherwell (A), Hamilton (H), Aberdeen (H) and Rangers (A) otherwise there has been little entertainment or football played to enthral the supporters.

Yogi needs to stop pretending to be one of the boys and start acting like a manager, he’s not there to be liked he should be there to be feared and respected, not thought of as “a good laugh” or buddy by his players. It’s time for him to draw the line and manage his squad with some authority and to earn his money by getting players out of their obvious comfort zone. There should be no automatic picks in the team although too many of them seem to think they are.

Anything less than a 4th place finish, IMO, would amount to abject failure on Yogi’s part. He has more than enough in his squad to comfortably achieve this, there can be no excuses.

Finally, Hughes needs to stop spouting the same p!sh in all his interviews about how he couldn’t ask for more from his players? Of course he can, he should bloody demand it! Also, what he achieves as manager of Hibernian is what concerns me not what he did at Falkirk, time to pull his head out his @rse and concentrate on the sad state of affairs at Easter Road.

Post of the year mate....:thumbsup:

Allant1981
24-03-2010, 08:29 AM
So we just have to accept it???
Things will never change if that is the attitude.

Yes we are still in the fight for 3rd, but on recent form can you seriously say we have any chance of achieving this???

until serious money is put into any club then yes we have to accept it, we dont have enough quality players to challenge for leagues or cups every year. On current form no but you only have to look at motherwell to see how things can change after a couple of wins

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 08:33 AM
until serious money is put into any club then yes we have to accept it, we dont have enough quality players to challenge for leagues or cups every year. On current form no but you only have to look at motherwell to see how things can change after a couple of wins

I agree we do need more cash and winning matches will bring this in, not losing to 1st division clubs, getting hammered by your nearest rivals and generally being pushed around by just about every club in the league.

BTW Motherwell changed their manager:wink:

Expecting Rain
24-03-2010, 08:38 AM
The 1-4 defeat to Rangers was a massive turning point in our fortunes, that day any heart Hibs had was ripped out of them and the seeds of doubt were sown, Yogi will restore the belief that put us in a good position but it might not be this season or even the next and it will be without a substantial amount of the present squad, he`ll learn from his own mistakes and he`ll know who has let him down, he also knows he has the makings of a very good team at the moment and he`ll pull out all the stops to compliment those who he can trust with a better calibre of player, this can`t be done at the drop of a hat, i like his style and his vision.
He has atough job on his hands just now because he has raised the bar and expectations are probably far too high, the lowest points for me were the performances against Rangers that eventful day, St Johnstone away and just recently the derby, last night only proved that the cup can provide these kind of results, County will probably give Celtic a fair contest in the semi final and also take a few scalps when they emerge in the SPL.

Dr Jimmy
24-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Anyone who has been going regularly this season has seen that were fortunate to get a lot of the results we did early in the season and it was only a matter of time before we were found out....unfortunately that happened weeks ago and our manager is not good enough to correct what is wrong.

Bobo
24-03-2010, 09:53 AM
The 1-4 defeat to Rangers was a massive turning point in our fortunes, that day any heart Hibs had was ripped out of them and the seeds of doubt were sown, Yogi will restore the belief that put us in a good position but it might not be this season or even the next and it will be without a substantial amount of the present squad, he`ll learn from his own mistakes and he`ll know who has let him down, he also knows he has the makings of a very good team at the moment and he`ll pull out all the stops to compliment those who he can trust with a better calibre of player, this can`t be done at the drop of a hat, i like his style and his vision.
He has atough job on his hands just now because he has raised the bar and expectations are probably far too high, the lowest points for me were the performances against Rangers that eventful day, St Johnstone away and just recently the derby, last night only proved that the cup can provide these kind of results, County will probably give Celtic a fair contest in the semi final and also take a few scalps when they emerge in the SPL.

The nature of some of the defeats we've suffered have a repetative theme with failings that should have been addressed after our defeat at Hamilton. They haven't been and we've found ourselves outplayed by St. Johnstone (twice) Rangers (twice) Dundee Utd, Hearts and now Ross County (over 2 games) to mention a few.

Surely Yogi can't be oblivious to this?

Expecting Rain
24-03-2010, 10:19 AM
The nature of some of the defeats we've suffered have a repetative theme with failings that should have been addressed after our defeat at Hamilton. They haven't been and we've found ourselves outplayed by St. Johnstone (twice) Rangers (twice) Dundee Utd, Hearts and now Ross County (over 2 games) to mention a few.

Surely Yogi can't be oblivious to this?

Yogi is not immune from criticism but some fans should cut him a bit of slack, it his first season as a manager of this club, to suggest that we were lucky to be in the position we are is ridiculous, a lot of good individualism coupled with hard work propelled us into the situation we currently inherit, alas our recent form has been poor, every team in the league has hit a slump at some point, even Rangers, our squad is far from being as strong as what it was thought at one point and when injuries and suspensions have hit the club Yogi has been forced into experimentation, this subsequently has concluded in a loss of shape and balance, where i would criticise Yogi is in his ability to organise Hibs regardless of the loss of personel into a team that is difficult to play against, Motherwell are a shining example of this under Brown, Craig has years and years of experience as a boss and that is why they are back in the mix, Yogi is still on a learning curve, i don`t think he is oblivious to what is going on.