PDA

View Full Version : Lay Off The Players

Mikey
24-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Why are the guys who pull on the jersey getting so much stick?

The "spineless" midfield is outnumbered and over run every week because the opposition manager knows that we'll play three in there.

The "gutless" forwards barely see the ball because the midfield has so little time with it. When the forwards do get it it's often just punted up to them from defence and they're expected to make it stick.

The "pathetic" defenders and goalkeepers are more likely to make errors as they're under so much pressure.

Personally, I don't see lack of effort. I do however see guys played in positions that don't suit them. And I see the team lining up in a formation that allows the opposition to dominate midfield and cut off service to our strikers.

So something has to give. Either the manager has to change it or the manager has to be changed.

hibbymac
24-03-2010, 08:30 AM

The "spineless" midfield is outnumbered and over run every week because the opposition manager knows that we'll play three in there.

The "gutless" forwards barely see the ball because the midfield has so little time with it. When the forwards do get it it's often just punted up to them from defence and they're expected to make it stick.

The "pathetic" defenders and goalkeepers are more likely to make errors as they're under so much pressure.

Personally, I don't see lack of effort. I do however see guys played in positions that don't suit them. And I see the team lining up in a formation that allows the opposition to dominate midfield and cut off service to our strikers.

So something has to give. Either the manager has to change it or the manager has to be changed.

:agree: Albert Einstein had a point, - ...... "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Iain G
24-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Mikey this isn't exactly a new problem down Easter Road way, over teh last number of years, when the players have to stand up and be counted (to use a phrase) and roll their sleeves up and get stuck in, they have generally failed to show up.

It has been a problem under most recent managers and makes me wonder if there is something fundamentally wrong with the attitude of players and managers at our club, where team after team generally fails to do it when it most matters and leaves us long suffering fans another reason to wonder jsut what we did to deserve getting the Hibees into our systems...

the_ginger_hibee
24-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Spot on. I just hope a manager with more tactical awareness gets to work with these guys. I personally think its the best squad since the Sauzee team, with the poorest SPL in a long time.

It would be a shame if guys like Stokes, Miller, Riordan left in the summer having not had the chance to be managed by someone who could pick a team and be tactically switched on and aware. If we did I think we'd be on to a winner big time.

It shouldn't be hard to find a manager who knows the odd thing about tactics. The whole crowd knows what the issues are, seems like our manager is very blinkered and oblivious.

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 08:34 AM

:agree:
Though I think that the players, no matter where they are played, could do more than they are. That is down to motivation, self and from Yogi, but I see little of any.

MussyHibby
24-03-2010, 08:37 AM

I do!:boo hoo:

Mikey
24-03-2010, 08:49 AM
I do!:boo hoo:

Where? Let's have some names.

Beefster
24-03-2010, 08:56 AM

The players aren't blameless by any stretch of the imagination. A complete inability to pass the ball to a team-mate isn't purely down to formation.

Wotherspoon's been pish recently.
Hogg's been pish recently.
Bamba's been pish recently.
Miller's been pish recently.
Rankin's been pish recently.
Riordan's been pish recently.
Stevenson's been pish since 2007.
Nish has been pish recently.

I'm being kind to the ones that I haven't named.

bighairyfaeleith
24-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I am quite happy to blame both yogi and the players.

The tactics are wrong, but lots of players have to play under systems they don't like, but they still get on with and produce results. Our players have basically given up.

Yogi fix the tactics, players fix your attitudes.

It aint rocket science!!

Mikey
24-03-2010, 09:08 AM
The players aren't blameless by any stretch of the imagination. A complete inability to pass the ball to a team-mate isn't purely down to formation.

Wotherspoon's been pish recently.
Hogg's been pish recently.
Bamba's been pish recently.
Miller's been pish recently.
Rankin's been pish recently.
Riordan's been pish recently.
Stevenson's been pish since 2007.
Nish has been pish recently.

I'm being kind to the ones that I haven't named.

There's a big difference between being pish and being spineless, gutless and pathetic.

Every one of those players is suffering from the formation used. The biggest travesty is the use of Derek Riordan. He should be up front scoring goals, not operating on the left side. And putting him there leaves the left back horribly exposed.

Derek Riordan either needs to be up front with Stokes or on the bench. He's NEVER a left midfielder.

hibee_girl
24-03-2010, 09:54 AM

Have you not noticed Miller refusing to go in for 50/50 challenges? Against Ross County at ER he pulled out of every single one!

So what if Deek's being played out of position, he can still look interested (and to be fair he has been one of the few who has done lately)

Stokes wonders about the pitch expecting the ball to fall at his feet without him having to put any effort in.

Bamba strolls about the pitch thinking he's God's gift to the SPL

I could go on...

Sproston Green
24-03-2010, 09:58 AM

I see where you are coming from, but i dont agree. This has gone beyond tactics now - It is not tactics that crumble everytime we are put under pressure - it was noyt tactics that allowed hearts to scroe two easy goals in the space of 3 minutes, and it was not tactics that saw us crumble again last night.

Tactics play a part, of course they do, but we have a bunch of spineless, cowardly charlatans for players who seem to act like big children throw the toys out of the pram when another team tries to hurst us.

A genuine question - when was the last time a Hibs player put in a crunching tackle? You know, like Roy Keane used to do when Man U were struggling, the kind where he would clatter the opposition's main man, take the booking then turn around and go mad at his team mates to gee them up.

Its called leadership - and its something we have a chronic lack of, and while the manager does have his faults, there is something very wrong with this group of players at the moment, when they crumble anytime we are put under any sort of pressure.

gillythehibby
24-03-2010, 10:10 AM
I see where you are coming from, but i dont agree. This has gone beyond tactics now - It is not tactics that crumble everytime we are put under pressure - it was noyt tactics that allowed hearts to scroe two easy goals in the space of 3 minutes, and it was not tactics that saw us crumble again last night.

Tactics play a part, of course they do, but we have a bunch of spineless, cowardly charlatans for players who seem to act like big children throw the toys out of the pram when another team tries to hurst us.

A genuine question - when was the last time a Hibs player put in a crunching tackle? You know, like Roy Keane used to do when Man U were struggling, the kind where he would clatter the opposition's main man, take the booking then turn around and go mad at his team mates to gee them up.

Its called leadership - and its something we have a chronic lack of, and while the manager does have his faults, there is something very wrong with this group of players at the moment, when they crumble anytime we are put under any sort of pressure.

Think Ye'll find Ian Murray has done this on numerous ocassions.:wink:

MacBean
24-03-2010, 10:17 AM
cannot agree more regarding the midfield.
If you watch the hearts game again (silly i know) you will see the problems. We have 2/3 of our midfielders closing down 1 player in the middle of the park. leaving another of thier players in the middle of the park free to get the ball.

I have no problem with players closing down and hunting a player down but when Mcbride/Miller/Rankin were closing down they were literally doing just that. There was very rarely a foot stuck in to win the ball just pressure on them to make the pass, which they did, and admittedly did well.

We need Bamba in the middle of the park throwing himself about and getting stuck in and doing what he did last season.

I know we do not have Jones at the back this season and we would be missing Bamba's presence if we moved him, but its time Hogg/Hanlon/Murray stepped up and made that back line thiers and took control of it.

We have been simply diabolical since the second half vs huns and the only thing that i can say i can praise from us of late is Deeks FK vs Killie.

A 5-0 win on Saturday will of course raise everyones spirits, but the question is whether Falkirk's NEED of a win or our DESPIRATION for a win will prevail!

northerngreen
24-03-2010, 10:25 AM
End of the day we didn’t really get behind these players last night there was hardly any atmosphere atoll last night not our usual self’s we are there 12th man so we needed to be louder than we were

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-03-2010, 10:27 AM

What a pile of ******

:bitchy:

khib70
24-03-2010, 10:30 AM
What a pile of ******

And why is that?

:top marks to the OP who has hit the nail on the head. There's a man being paid big money to get results from the best squad we've had in years.

He isn't doing it, and rounding on the players is just letting him get away with it

mim
24-03-2010, 10:30 AM
I think Mikey is spot on.

We have all said it in different ways for months (or years). We badly need a midfield enforcer (yes, the Matty Jack/Rocastle type) to stiffen our midfield and protect the back 4. Playing such a player demands four in the midfield - not three.

We probably have that player in Bamba, but Yogi doesn't seem to want to try that (or indeed more than 3 in midfield).

We also must play with two up front - one of whom must be Riordan.

None of the above is rocket science. Most of us have been making these points constantly.

Either we're all wrong or Yogi is.

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 10:32 AM
I think Mikey is spot on.

We have all said it in different ways for months (or years). We badly need a midfield enforcer (yes, the Matty Jack/Rocastle type) to stiffen our midfield and protect the back 4. Playing such a player demands four in the midfield - not three.

We probably have that player in Bamba, but Yogi doesn't seem to want to try that (or indeed more than 3 in midfield).

We also must play with two up front - one of whom must be Riordan.

None of the above is rocket science. Most of us having been making these points constantly.

Either we're all wrong or Yogi is.

The problem for me is that he doesn't even try it:grr:

bighairyfaeleith
24-03-2010, 10:34 AM
End of the day we didn’t really get behind these players last night there was hardly any atmosphere atoll last night not our usual self’s we are there 12th man so we needed to be louder than we were

atmosphere sounded pretty good on the radio ?? :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
24-03-2010, 10:35 AM

Manager and players are all culpable.

stubru59
24-03-2010, 10:37 AM
One thing for sure, we can't blame Petrie.

Tollhouse Hibee
24-03-2010, 10:40 AM

:top marks totally agree

Mikey
24-03-2010, 10:42 AM
What a pile of ******

Any chance you can expand on that?

Baldy Foghorn
24-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Any chance you can expand on that?

I think certain games have showed Hibs with a lack of effort, guile etc, especially when things go against us, the players heads do go down......

Maybe the dressing room has been lost??

Tollhouse Hibee
24-03-2010, 10:44 AM

sorry - thats bollocks and if you were standing in the middle of the terracing you would know that.

emmjayfox
24-03-2010, 10:48 AM
I reckon most centre halfs would have a field day against Riordan if he played in the centre, He"s no speed, he cant header, hes lightweight, but oh wait a minute.....he CAN hit a shot from 20-25 yards. Im sure anybody on here whos ever played in central defence will agree he would be a joy to play up against. I personally would like to see him played behind a front 2, but that position also requires a work ethic that hes just not got yet. IMO.

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 10:49 AM
We have a much better squad of players now than last season. Yes, there are a few positions that need filled, but we should be doing a lot better than we have recently. For me this is totally down to the formation and tactics of the manager.

northerngreen
24-03-2010, 10:55 AM
sorry - thats bollocks and if you were standing in the middle of the terracing you would know that.

I was in the middle of the terracing we only sand when things went our way other wise we were quite

Sammy7nil
24-03-2010, 11:08 AM
The players are not blameless.
Yogis has said many times the players like and want to play this formation.

The players have had several Hearts to Heart and clear the air meetings all invited to give their opinion.

Obviuosly not all have panned this system.

Yogi must take the rap but please dont say the players are not part of the problem.

BT58
24-03-2010, 11:15 AM

so youve loaded the gun mikey,,,,,,,,,,,who on here can speak to jh
would he even listen
the way things are going i cant see us getting 3 points from our next 3games
now if we cant get it turned round asap this season could go tits up
hb

Lmc2105
24-03-2010, 11:41 AM
I think certain games have showed Hibs with a lack of effort, guile etc, especially when things go against us, the players heads do go down......

Maybe the dressing room has been lost??

:top marks

This is exactly what seems to have happened and it has showed for a while now
If he loves the club he will do the decent thing and Resign and let some else at least try and steer us into Europe
But the players are to blame as much as the manager spineless Gutless and just Pathetic and don't deserve to wear the Green Shirt

johnrebus
24-03-2010, 11:50 AM
I know this may be a revolutionary thing to say but.......,

Football is a simple game, especially when you play the players in their best position, doing what they know best.

Yogi just doesn't seem to see it that way.

:boo hoo:

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I know this may be a revolutionary thing to say but.......,

Football is a simple game, especially when you play the players in their best position, doing what they know best.

Yogi just doesn't seem to see it that way.

:boo hoo:

That really sums it up for me. Hughes wants formation first and then players. Surely it is the other way around? No accident that when a team is on the slide [like we are?] and a new body comes in, it is always, staedy the ship, play 4-4-2 and see where that leaves us. TBH, at time s this season we have lined up 4-2-4. Brilliant when it comes off but rotten when it does not.

Beefster
24-03-2010, 12:03 PM
I reckon most centre halfs would have a field day against Riordan if he played in the centre, He"s no speed, he cant header, hes lightweight, but oh wait a minute.....he CAN hit a shot from 20-25 yards. Im sure anybody on here whos ever played in central defence will agree he would be a joy to play up against. I personally would like to see him played behind a front 2, but that position also requires a work ethic that hes just not got yet. IMO.

I agree with this unfortunately. There's a reason why he hasn't been played in the middle by, at least, 4 successive managers.

swazzie
24-03-2010, 12:06 PM
There's a big difference between being pish and being spineless, gutless and pathetic.

Every one of those players is suffering from the formation used. The biggest travesty is the use of Derek Riordan. He should be up front scoring goals, not operating on the left side. And putting him there leaves the left back horribly exposed.

Derek Riordan either needs to be up front with Stokes or on the bench. He's NEVER a left midfielder.

To me, this is exactly the problem. Yogi seems intent on putting his best 11 footballers on the park without any real thought of tactics or formation. Riordan and to a lesser extent Wotherspoon are the main victims of this

As a squad we have 4 decent forwards who are all capable of scoring goals, 5 if you include Byrne as back up. Pick the 2 that are in form

As a squad we have 8 midfielders that should be more than capable of holding their own and better in the SPL. Pick 4 of them

Simples :greengrin

HibeeDaz6270
24-03-2010, 12:16 PM

If he loves the club he will do the decent thing and Resign and let some else at least try and steer us into Europe
But the players are to blame as much as the manager spineless Gutless and just Pathetic and don't deserve to wear the Green Shirt

Resign??...get real. We over achieved 1st part of the season, and this has took us back to reality. When you look at us under Mixu, a 5th/4th place finish is not that bad, it only feels so bad because of how good a start to the season we had. The squad has improved, let give him a chance to put things right.

Lmc2105
24-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Resign??...get real. We over achieved 1st part of the season, and this has took us back to reality. When you look at us under Mixu, a 5th/4th place finish is not that bad, it only feels so bad because of how good a start to the season we had. The squad has improved, let give him a chance to put things right.

so you think that 1 win in 9 is acceptable then do you? even in some of the games in the first part of the season we scrapped it by the skin of our teeth.
but if you think that after the Christmas the team has improved you are clearly deluded mate I watch Hibs HOME & AWAY and it hurts big time to see no fight and no passion at all in any of these games after xmas and i can't take it any more like am sure a lot of Hibees have put there hard earned cash watching this Drivel and getting nothing back and Yogi does the same interview over and over again, scored last night and defended after it if that is the makings of a good manager we must be in for a real good 2 years under his leadership
this is blooody horrible feeling like this!!!:boo hoo::boo hoo:

HibeeDaz6270
24-03-2010, 12:32 PM
so you think that 1 win in 9 is acceptable then do you? even in some of the games in the first part of the season we scrapped it by the skin of our teeth.
but if you think that after the Christmas the team has improved you are clearly deluded mate I watch Hibs HOME & AWAY and it hurts big time to see no fight and no passion at all in any of these games after xmas and i can't take it any more like am sure a lot of Hibees have put there hard earned cash watching this Drivel and getting nothing back and Yogi does the same interview over and over again, scored last night and defended after it if that is the makings of a good manager we must be in for a real good 2 years under his leadership

Nobody was caring about as scraping by teams by the skin of our teeth in the 1st half of the season, infact if you ask me, often thats what good teams do, you have a winning mentality, and for a while Hibs had that. Yes things are rediculious just now, and hard to watch, but i dont see what sacking the manager will achieve. He has had a few bad months, Which he stil has time to put right. If we go onto finish 3rd or 4th should he stil be sacked? I understand the team spirit, fight etc is not there. I understand the tactics and line ups seem poor, but to be fair, its only a few months ago we were all raving about Yogi. We now need to understand we over achieved in the 1st part of the season, And its now back to reality for us the players and Yogi. I am disapointed to as anyone to see Yogi not put right the things that seem so blatantly obvious to us, however, i do think he will put it right. We are all hurting, inc yogi, I think he will put it right, but we have to give him time to do so. Simple as that. Changing managers when things go wrong is not always the answer.

archiebald
24-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Riordan is a joke- lazy cant tackle wont tackle only plays in the hope we get a free kick.We are not good enough to play luxury.:greengrin

Sproston Green
24-03-2010, 12:37 PM

Why do only the last 9 games count? Was no defeats in 12 not quite good?

I know its difficult but we do have to try and look at the big picture.

If we had this form at the start of the season, and our good form now, everyone would be creaming themselves.

We have to assess the season on where we finish, and judge on that.

Bad Martini
24-03-2010, 12:46 PM

Canny argue with that to be honest.

I do think some players could be shown the door and we'd see no detrimental effect...equally, the manager MUST change the way he is running this team or as ye say, a change in manager.

Its not black and white but the results, the performances and the success (or lack of) is black and white...the only question is what we'll claw out of this season, if anything.

Bad Martini
24-03-2010, 12:48 PM

If we had this form at the start of the season, and our good form now, everyone would be creaming themselves.

We do, you are right.

What we must also look at is the "why"....why did we win, lose or draw. If we've been doing the right things, the law of averages says eventually it will come right.

If not, or if we've been lucky (which, we were)...the law of averages says it'll run oot.

Then what? Then, we are here!

Lmc2105
24-03-2010, 12:48 PM

they matter because we were 14 points clear of the WE team across that road and cursing in 3rd place in the table ... am not for argue but as you all said it hurts but i just can't believe that a team like ours can just fall in tatters ... there has to be a reason and like Brockie said all i agree on is that the manager has lost the dressing room and a was merely suggesting if that is the case then it would maybe be best for the club to get a new man in charge things arnt going to change players are not going to change performances if they don't believe in the manager that's all am saying

emmjayfox
24-03-2010, 12:55 PM
I remember the good old days when we used to rip the ****** out of hearts for changing managers so often:rolleyes: whats happened to the days when managers went through their bad spell and came out the other end a more knowledgable manager. Fan pressure and internet chatrooms have put paid to.........wait a minute:wink:

7Hero
24-03-2010, 01:14 PM
they matter because we were 14 points clear of the WE team across that road and cursing in 3rd place in the table ... am not for argue but as you all said it hurts but i just can't believe that a team like ours can just fall in tatters ... there has to be a reason and like Brockie said all i agree on is that the manager has lost the dressing room and a was merely suggesting if that is the case then it would maybe be best for the club to get a new man in charge things arnt going to change players are not going to change performances if they don't believe in the manager that's all am saying

:greengrin

Sproston Green
24-03-2010, 01:14 PM
We do, you are right.

What we must also look at is the "why"....why did we win, lose or draw. If we've been doing the right things, the law of averages says eventually it will come right.

If not, or if we've been lucky (which, we were)...the law of averages says it'll run oot.

Then what? Then, we are here!

What i dont understand mate is how come when Yogi wins, it was all luck, flukes etc, but when Yogi loses it is seen as par?

Why cant the current run be put down to bad luck as the good run was put down to good luck?

I do see what you are saying, and i do agree that our previous position was false, but i think it probably has more to do with having a settled team and system that was working reasonably well - it is no coincidence IMO that since htis has been disrupted has conicided with our slump.

And i agree that Yogi is partly to blame, chopping and changing to much when it wasnt necessary (which i htink has dented players confidence), i.e. the goalie, bringing Bamba back in, putting Nish in and out of the team as his suspensions dictate, and this has obviously been exacerbated by injuries to Hogg and Hanlon lately.

I dont think Yogi is perfect, and i think he has made mistakes - but sacking? Seriously is that the answer? to run a club on knee-jerk reactions, which would cost us anouther £300,000-500,000 on compo payments etc and back at square one, with a team full of short, physically weak players who are too easily bullied once conditions arent favourable for them.

Sproston Green
24-03-2010, 01:17 PM

I dont think he has lost the dressing room at all - i think he is possibly too close to some of them if there is any problem on that front at all.

There are lots of reasons it has happened, an unfortunate coincidence of pitches, postponed matches, injuries, suspensions and absences, all of which played to our weaknesses and too many other teams in Scotland's strengths, which have led to a massive dent in confidence and huge loss of form for too many players.

All of this is exacerbated by the fact that we are not a strong enough team (mentally or physically) to compensate for this by being solid and hard to beat.

ronaldo7
24-03-2010, 01:23 PM

What a load of tosh.

How much to do think Yogi loves the club. Can you quantify it? Can you quantify your love of the club?

If Yogi resigned then we'd be in yet another season of transition. We don't need this, what we need is for the team to put a run of good results together until the end of the season(not sure if they'll do it mind).

But for god's sake let's stop all the rants about Yogi resigning.

Brizo
24-03-2010, 01:25 PM
On paper we have a squad who are head and shoulders above the rest of the sides outwith the OF. We should be comfortably in third spot and cruising past 1st div teams.

Is Yogi sending them out to play hoofball instead of the passing game we saw earlier in the season ? Does his "maybury league " manager touchline style help the players when they are low on confidence and have hit a slump ? Can he change to any other style of management ? Is he so intransigent that he will stick to fitba principles and favourite players rather than pick a team to dig out results and battle there way out of a form slump ? Only Yogi knows.

Having said that the players must take equal responsibility with Yogi for the slump imho. The problem with us having so many flair players is that theres billy big time mentalities and over inflated egos who are not prepared to put a shift in when the going gets tough and who are too ready to blame someone else.

The players and management team were no doubt happy to take the praise when things were going well. How they react to the current criticism will show how much character Yogis team actually has.

sunshine1875
24-03-2010, 01:28 PM
What a pile of ******

:bitchy: 100% agree with the OP.

Our midfield is always overrun. We need some physical presence in there to offer support to McBride and Miller.

We have some good players and some very good players, but I believe most of our problems is down to poor formation. Ever since the Saints J. 5-1 gubbing (that could have been 8 or 9), teams have realised how to play Hibs. Get the ball into our box quickly and have speedy midfielders to pick up the knockdowns. When we have the ball, flood midfield and our play breaks down (example being the long balls to no-one in the Hertz game).

Anyone with a football understanding can see that we are crying out for stiffening of midfield with a solid back four behind. With that we have the firm base for our creative players to flourish.

We have to win the midfield battle before we can win the war. In almost all of the recent games our midfield has been non-existant.

MrRobot
24-03-2010, 01:36 PM
One thing for sure, we can't blame Petrie.

I blame Petrie for not being able to blame him. :greengrin

sh00byd00
24-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I'd personally drop Bamba as he thinks he's better than Hibs now and is merely counting down the days until a club bigger and better than Hibs comes knocking. Now, I don't mind players using our club as a springboard to bigger and better things (lets be realistic, not many good players aspire to become SPL superstars), but what i do take issue with, is the aforementioned players becoming a liability due to their refusal to give 100% whilst at the club.

His situation is fast becoming similar to the Winston Bogarde/Chelsea farce where he thought he didn't need to try a jot any more because he had already proven himself in the past.

J-C
24-03-2010, 02:54 PM

Is this the same 4-3-3 formation that had us sitting in 2nd and talk of splitting the old firm, lets get real a wee bit here eh!

Firstly, we had many players playing well and everything was ticking along nicely, even when the team wasn't playing great we were still getting results.

Suddently 4-5 players have gone off the boil to such an extent that they're almost invisible in the team, Bamba since his return is making glaringly stupid mistakes, Miller has vanished along with McBride, Riordan is still out on the left looking even more peed off each game and Zouma has been injured again.

Wotherspoon has dipped so bad he needs to be given a complete rest, McCann looks like he'll never come back, Stevenson looks like the world is on his shoulders, Benji only gets 10 mins at the end of a game and Galbraith has splinters in his erse.

The system and the team worked as long as every player in the system was in good form but as soon as some of the players dip, it doesn't work and we need 4-4-2 to steady things.

The spine of the team looks very tired and maybe it's time to drop a few of the so called stars and give the fringe players a shout, Thicot seems to ahve done reasonably well since he came in so lets look at some of the other younger players to maybe shake things up a bit.

hibiedude
24-03-2010, 03:02 PM

I have to say the players that got us 3rd in the league and pushing celtic for 2nd haven't lost the ability to play good football, its the team formation and Yogi's tactics thats in question and like Falkirk when Yogi was under pressure he didnt have the answers.

Yogi and Mixu I don't see any difference both are clueless with it comes down to tactics and formation and both talk sh.te when it comes to post match comments.

greenlex
24-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Is this the same 4-3-3 formation that had us sitting in 2nd and talk of splitting the old firm, lets get real a wee bit here eh!

Firstly, we had many players playing well and everything was ticking along nicely, even when the team wasn't playing great we were still getting results.

Suddently 4-5 players have gone off the boil to such an extent that they're almost invisible in the team, Bamba since his return is making glaringly stupid mistakes, Miller has vanished along with McBride, Riordan is still out on the left looking even more peed off each game and Zouma has been injured again.

Wotherspoon has dipped so bad he needs to be given a complete rest, McCann looks like he'll never come back, Stevenson looks like the world is on his shoulders, Benji only gets 10 mins at the end of a game and Galbraith has splinters in his erse.

The system and the team worked as long as every player in the system was in good form but as soon as some of the players dip, it doesn't work and we need 4-4-2 to steady things.

The spine of the team looks very tired and maybe it's time to drop a few of the so called stars and give the fringe players a shout, Thicot seems to ahve done reasonably well since he came in so lets look at some of the other younger players to maybe shake things up a bit.
Thats just it though JC. We have been rumbled. Teams know how to play us. That and not having a settled side is killing us. If Yogi could adopt a different plan for a game or so and mix it up teams wouldnt be able to combat us as easy. I say a game or so but he and the players should be able to change it during a game never mind weekly. Surely Yogi can see this. Last night we had no width and were hurt time and again down the flanks. The midfield had no real grafters in it and they had midfield runners that were never tracked back with. For the love of **** this needs to change.

Rangers were gash at the begining of the season and had no width. They changed it and are now by far the most consistent team in the league and look to be cruising to a treble.

J-C
24-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Thats just it though JC. We have been rumbled. Teams know how to play us. That and not having a settled side is killing us. If Yogi could adopt a different plan for a game or so and mix it up teams wouldnt be able to combat us as easy. I say a game or so but he and the players should be able to change it during a game never mind weekly. Surely Yogi can see this. Last night we had no width and were hurt time and again down the flanks. The midfield had no real grafters in it and they had midfield runners that were never tracked back with. For the love of **** this needs to change.

Rangers were gash at the begining of the season and had no width. They changed it and are now by far the most consistent team in the league and look to be cruising to a treble.

As I said and I think most realise, the team when playing well 4-3-3 works, even when teams have rumbled us because the players were able to dominate these teams but as soon as form dips we are unable to sustain that formation. Hence we should go to a 4-4-2/4-5-1 to bring some stability back and also get the players confidence back.

hstn747
24-03-2010, 04:43 PM
As I said and I think most realise, the team when playing well 4-3-3 works, even when teams have rumbled us because the players were able to dominate these teams but as soon as form dips we are unable to sustain that formation. Hence we should go to a 4-4-2/4-5-1 to bring some stability back and also get the players confidence back.

I agree with this and the OP.

Hopefully now now Yogi will see it as make or break and make some changes.
He speaks about 'certain players not being up for it' but I don't see him shuffling the pack much. Riordan shouldn't be immune.

I'd like to see Wotherspoon & Galbraith as the attacking midfielders who get forward to support the striker. Not sure that I wouldn't go for Benji up front as I think he has the touch & strength. I feel that too often Stokes is unable to control balls played up to him.

This would be a team that is able to defend and then break at speed.

Something needs to be done to steady the ship and rebuild confidence.

Cropley10
24-03-2010, 05:20 PM

No we don't. That's utter b0ll0cks.

Everyone's raging because things have mostly been on a terrible slide for months. Plenty of us saw how lucky we were earlier, during the good times.

Oh and another thing LTYF...

Cropley10
24-03-2010, 05:28 PM
What i dont understand mate is how come when Yogi wins, it was all luck, flukes etc, but when Yogi loses it is seen as par?

Why cant the current run be put down to bad luck as the good run was put down to good luck?

I do see what you are saying, and i do agree that our previous position was false, but i think it probably has more to do with having a settled team and system that was working reasonably well - it is no coincidence IMO that since htis has been disrupted has conicided with our slump.

And i agree that Yogi is partly to blame, chopping and changing to much when it wasnt necessary (which i htink has dented players confidence), i.e. the goalie, bringing Bamba back in, putting Nish in and out of the team as his suspensions dictate, and this has obviously been exacerbated by injuries to Hogg and Hanlon lately.

I dont think Yogi is perfect, and i think he has made mistakes - but sacking? Seriously is that the answer? to run a club on knee-jerk reactions, which would cost us anouther £300,000-500,000 on compo payments etc and back at square one, with a team full of short, physically weak players who are too easily bullied once conditions arent favourable for them.

Mad Vlad got rid of Csaba when he realised it had all gone Pete Tong.

Yogi promised much and has and will deliver nothing.

Why? Because he quite obviously doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Miller's a coward, Deek is lazy but played out of position, Bamba is accomodated at all costs, goalies are accumulated and changed on a whim, Rankin mostly gets a game, mostly does absolutely he haw, Hogg is/was never a Captain, never a CH either.

We can all see the problems - but nothing is done. Instead the manager blames the players. Just like Mixu did.

hibiedude
24-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Mad Vlad got rid of Csaba when he realised it had all gone Pete Tong.

Yogi promised much and has and will deliver nothing.

Why? Because he quite obviously doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Miller's a coward, Deek is lazy but played out of position, Bamba is accomodated at all costs, goalies are accumulated and changed on a whim, Rankin mostly gets a game, mostly does absolutely he haw, Hogg is/was never a Captain, never a CH either.

We can all see the problems - but nothing is done. Instead the manager blames the players. Just like Mixu did.

I'll be gutted if we finish the season in 5th or 6th position' the players and Yogi owe us a top 3 finish because we have become a very predictable side of late.