PDA

View Full Version : Crisis in confidence

hibeemikey21
24-03-2010, 01:32 AM
The attitude of our players has been the major issue for many at present, however, I'm not even sure if it's a lack of effort that is the problem in this team.

I thought the whole back line worked hard tonight, as did the midfield and the forwards tried to do their best with what they were given. The problem is that it's no longer instinctive. You can see the delays and the proverbial cogs turning as soon as half the players get the ball. They are already invisaging the mistakes. This then prevents them from being forward thinking and positive in their play. All of this leads to sideways or backwards passing, hitting it up the line for the forwards to chase and last but not least, hoofball.

I'm dubious of the benefits that could be derived from
sports psychologists, but this needs to be sorted. It's poisonous and looks to have spread through the whole team. Results like
tonights are only going to make things worse as well!

truehibernian
24-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Wasn't there, but let's be brutally honest and frank and say that even when we were on an unbeaten run, some of the football was dire. Irvine Meadow, times v Montrose, Killie, Saint Mirren, Falkirk............some of the players were doing exactly what you point out. The problem in the team is simple. Players out of position, players shoved into the side last minute, tinkering beyond belief, and no balance in midfield or width. They play as if they expect things to happen rather than have the urfency to make it happen. That is what Rangers and Celtic do time and time again. Probe, pass, play with pace, close down space, play channels etc. Hibs are predictable and slow. The minute the radio said County were again loading the midfield I knew we would lose. Possession means everything, and if you win it, you are more likely to win free kicks, corners, get crosses in. We play stupid counter attack football, which would only be fine if we had players with the pace of Torres etc. We have Nish who is a linesman's dream. In short, we are sh**e :agree: