PDA

View Full Version : it's hard to take...........cup exits but,

monktonharp
24-03-2010, 12:43 AM
does this season's exit not somehow feel the hardest ever ? At this moment it certainly feels that way to me,and naw,ah huvnae had a drop.........yet

noseyhibby
24-03-2010, 12:47 AM
does this season's exit not somehow feel the hardest ever ? At this moment it certainly feels that way to me,and naw,ah huvnae had a drop.........yet

It always feels like the bottom of the world has dropped out when we are eliminated, but the real pain comes from the agony they put us through with performances lacking fight, desire, passion and basic know how. Somehow a defeat is not so bitter when those in green and white have truly given it their all.

Baader
24-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Well, safe to say that every Hibee that's on here has seen it every year for as long as they've been supporting the club!

This year we've managed it before even meeting a club that plays in the top flight. Why not try and get emptied by a ladies team next year? :grr:

shamo9
Of course it feels bad now, we're living right through it and can only look forward to an endless amount of ribbing for the next couple of days. We just have to dust ourselves down take it on the chin and move on, we've been through worse and there will always be a scintillating victory around the corner that makes you fall in love all over again.

In retrospect this is no worse than the cup defeat by St Johnstone in the CIS this year, the cup defeats to Hearts and Morton last year, blowing the semi against Dunfermline (thank you, Bamba), losing 4-0 to Hearts in the semi, losing to Dundee united in the semi, losing to Livi in the final of the CIS.

And that's only in 'recent' years.

marinello59

Yes. Without a doubt. And no, I don't know why.

monktonharp
24-03-2010, 12:51 AM
It always feels like the bottom of the world has dropped out when we are eliminated, but the real pain comes from the agony they put us through with performances lacking fight, desire, passion and basic know how. Somehow a defeat is not so bitter when those in green and white have truly given it their all.:agree:exactly what I feel mate,it's better to go under the waves playin' the piano,knowing that you put up a fecht

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 12:54 AM
When the 2nd goal went in, i felt sick to my stomach. Now I'm over it. Its just another year, and there's always next year.:wink: Now we can concentrate on our push for 3rd and European football next season.:thumbsup:

monktonharp
24-03-2010, 12:58 AM
Of course it feels bad now, we're living right through it and can only look forward to an endless amount of ribbing for the next couple of days. We just have to dust ourselves down take it on the chin and move on, we've been through worse and there will always be a scintillating victory around the corner that makes you fall in love all over again.

In retrospect this is no worse than the cup defeat by St Johnstone in the CIS this year, the cup defeats to Hearts and Morton last year, blowing the semi against Dunfermline (thank you, Bamba), losing 4-0 to Hearts in the semi, losing to Dundee united in the semi, losing to Livi in the final of the CIS.

And that's only in 'recent' years.Ken what you mean Gramo,you were on our bus for some of those wans:wink:but to go out with a whimper,against a lower div. side,and the draws weve had to get to that point,has me seething:grr:

Bayern Bru
24-03-2010, 12:59 AM
When the 2nd goal went in, i felt sick to my stomach. Now I'm over it. Its just another year, and there's always next year.:wink: Now we can concentrate on our push for 3rd and European football next season.:thumbsup:

Any chance you could mail some of whatever you're smoking/injecting up here please, BH?

:greengrin

Joking aside though, you're right. Tbh as soon as Chick Young et al started bigging us up for the cup we were doomed. I share your "moving on" philosophy. :agree:

I'm still pretty ******in' angry though...

banchoryhibs
24-03-2010, 01:12 AM

The humping from Hearts at Hampden beats this hands down:jamboak:

This one is not good though:grr:

RickyS
24-03-2010, 01:14 AM

Morton under Mixu was a hard one, but tonight having had the warning/wake up call at ER is a sore one, amazing how many Yams stick their heed round the door on days like this eh? im prepared tho, fat end of a snooker cue at the ready

MSK
24-03-2010, 01:18 AM

And that's only in 'recent' years.

Ken what you mean Gramo,you were on our bus for some of those wans:wink:but to go out with a whimper,against a lower div. side,and the draws weve had to get to that point,has me seething:grr:You sure yer no on the hard stuff Wull ..?..yer gettin yer Gramo's mixed up wi yer Shamo's ...:tee hee:

monktonharp
24-03-2010, 01:21 AM
You sure yer no on the hard stuff Wull ..?..yer gettin yer Gramo's mixed up wi yer Shamo's ...:tee hee:Gramos shamos their a' the shame to me:thumbsup: