24-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Blobby's Fault

Or Stuart Baxter or Archiebald for not getting here in time:wink:

hibsdaft
24-03-2010, 12:18 AM
lol

truehibernian
24-03-2010, 12:23 AM
I think the current problems stem from losing 4-3 to Rangers after going 3-1 up during Duff Jimmy's reign. Discipline was lost, confidence shattered, the Fantasy Bar was in it's infancy, and Stella was regarded as as an expensive luxury. It's really no wonder we are in the state we are in.

truehibernian
24-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Stella being the beer, not Stella from the Fantasy Bar.....now she was indeed an expensive luxury :wink:

eastmainsmsh
24-03-2010, 12:39 AM
scott thompson not the goalkeeping coach ?????

thought marshall was bombed to st johnstone

Danderhall Hibs
24-03-2010, 08:19 AM
scott thompson not the goalkeeping coach ?????

thought marshall was bombed to st johnstone

Right enough. So how come the goalies are still making mistakes?

Steve-O
24-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Marshall's teachings are now ingrained.

Scott Thompson must go :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
24-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Marshall's teachings are now ingrained.

Scott Thompson must go :agree:

Did Marshall leave before we bought our "goalkeeping schoool"?

Steve-O
24-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Did Marshall leave before we bought our "goalkeeping schoool"?

Don't know?

eastmainsmsh
25-03-2010, 11:52 PM

maybe fear for their place ???

vahibbie
26-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Stella being the beer, not Stella from the Fantasy Bar.....now she was indeed an expensive luxury :wink:

I believe at some point you could actually get both for around the same price:devil:

Newhaven
26-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Good to see the Gordon Marshall fan club duo back on form.

Keep it coming boys :top marks

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 09:36 AM

I wasn't in his fan club - just couldn't understand the criticism he got when noone knew what he was doing. I still don't and I don't see you and your "gang" on here slating the new boy for costing us the derby and a cup semi final.

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2010, 09:39 AM

Well i was told our goalkeeping problems would disappear, as soon as Marshall was punted, yet Maka continued to make an arse of it, Stack made a gaff of Maka proportions last Saturday, and Smith is now doing superman impressions, but without the powers Mr Kent has. Perhaps Marshall was not so bad after all?

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Did Marshall's coaching improve the goalkeepers?

Franck is God
26-03-2010, 09:49 AM

because all goalies make mistakes no matter how good they are.

the best keepers make fewers mistakes but that is the only difference.

When a keeper makes a mistake it usually results in an opportunity for the other team to score, I actually think that our keepers have been really unlucky over the last few years as most of these errors have resulted in goals scored against us, if you watch a lot of football you will see the the majority of keeper mistakes actually go unpunished.

Stack this season has actually made a lot of mistakes and errors of judgement but has carried that bit of luck to get away with it, well he did until last Saturday...

We don't have a goal keeping problem at ER, there is debate among the fans about who is the best keeper and the manager doesn't appear to be 100% sure but it's not exactly a massive issue.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 09:56 AM

When a keeper makes a mistake it usually results in an opportunity for the other team to score, I actually think that our keepers have been really unlucky over the last few years as most of these errors have resulted in goals scored against us, if you watch a lot of football you will see the the majority of keeper mistakes actually go unpunished.

Stack this season has actually made a lot of mistakes and errors of judgement but has carried that bit of luck to get away with it, well he did until last Saturday...

We don't have a goal keeping problem at ER, there is debate among the fans about who is the best keeper and the manager doesn't appear to be 100% sure but it's not exactly a massive issue.

Completely agree. But it's not really what the OP was getting at.

Newhaven
26-03-2010, 10:07 AM
I wasn't in his fan club - just couldn't understand the criticism he got when noone knew what he was doing. I still don't and I don't see you and your "gang" on here slating the new boy for costing us the derby and a cup semi final.

I think me and about everyone else on here saw the faults with the keepers and who was leading them.

Mind and let me know when you start the protest outside the main stand demanding Marshall be reinstated by the board :thumbsup:

Newhaven
26-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Perhaps Marshall was not so bad after all?

No he was that bad.

If you've got a spare day take a trawl through hibs.net and look at the many errors we had with the keepers under his leadership and the debate that followed, then come back and tells us if you would still want him back..

Newhaven
26-03-2010, 10:12 AM

Good sensible post :agree:

Franck is God
26-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Completely agree. But it's not really what the OP was getting at.

Sorry got a bit carried away there.

I don't think Marshall was that good a keeping coach for us. I'm never too concerned when players in any position make mistakes as its just part of the game.

However when he was coaching the keepers I kept seeing the same mistakes being made every week, positioning was poor at free kicks and corners and the decision making for coming off the line or coming out the box was just as bad.

All of that has improved dramatically since Thomson arrived.

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2010, 10:26 AM
No he was that bad.

If you've got a spare day take a trawl through hibs.net and look at the many errors we had with the keepers under his leadership and the debate that followed, then come back and tells us if you would still want him back..

Was he really? I have no idea, and i suspect you dont either. Thats the whole point.

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Did Marshall's coaching improve the goalkeepers?

:I'm waiti

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 10:41 AM
:I'm waiti

Don't know?

Newhaven
26-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Was he really? I have no idea, and i suspect you dont either. Thats the whole point.

You obviously dont go to a lot of games or see them on the box/hibstv.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 10:44 AM
I think me and about everyone else on here saw the faults with the keepers and who was leading them.

Mind and let me know when you start the protest outside the main stand demanding Marshall be reinstated by the board :thumbsup:

Are you deliberately missing the point?

Noone knows what Marshall done in training but it was assumed he was to blame. My argument was the errors were basic and down to the keepers not solely the coach.

No that the keepers are still making errors it's not the coaches fault. I can't follow the logic.

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 10:46 AM
The keepers didn't improve, and possibly went backwards, whilst Marshall was coaching them.

However, the players did improve when Mowbray, for example, was coaching them.

Seems clear to me?

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 10:48 AM
The keepers didn't improve, and possibly went backwards, whilst Marshall was coaching them.

However, the players did improve when Mowbray, for example, was coaching them.

Seems clear to me?

What do you think of Thompson's coaching ability then? As far as I can see the keepers have made more mistakes recently than when he 1st started working with them.

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 10:55 AM
What do you think of Thompson's coaching ability then? As far as I can see the keepers have made more mistakes recently than when he 1st started working with them.

Well, it remains to be seen. Not a great start for him, although still a fair way off some off the really outrageous howlers seen during Marshall's tenure (from what I have seen at least).

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Well, it remains to be seen. Not a great start for him, although still a fair way off some off the really outrageous howlers seen during Marshall's tenure (from what I have seen at least).

True but he does have a better quality of keeper to work with. To make a fairer comparison tough Maka's still there and still making the same howlers he's always made.

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 10:57 AM
True but he does have a better quality of keeper to work with. To make a fairer comparison tough Maka's still there and still making the same howlers he's always made.

Poor old Maka seems to be a lost cause.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Poor old Maka seems to be a lost cause.

Well that was my argument last year when I said it wasn't all down to Marshall. Seems you might have grasped my point. :thumbsup:

Steve-O
26-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Well that was my argument last year when I said it wasn't all down to Marshall. Seems you might have grasped my point. :thumbsup:

Has never been able to shake off the effects of Marshall's instructions :wink:

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2010, 12:24 PM

:faf::faf::top marks