PDA

View Full Version : Question Should we write this season off...

Toaods
23-03-2010, 10:33 PM

Sir David Gray
23-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I've already said in another thread tonight that I would play some of the youngsters in the remaining matches of the season.

As far as I'm concerned, our season is now finished after tonight's result so we should now just be looking to build for next season.

truehibernian
23-03-2010, 11:27 PM
How many teams would love to be in the position we are in right now eh ? Pappetty papped out the cup by a bunch of sheep rustlers and fifth in a very poor SPL, one win in nine. Aye big man, there's loads, loads I tell ya :faf: The World of Yogi is indeed a wonderful place to live.

Hainan Hibs
23-03-2010, 11:34 PM
I'll say yes it is.

Motherwell are well organised, hard to beat, and are getting points on the board under Pa Broon.

Houston has UTD back on track and they have a very decent squad.

I'd field a few youngsters who actually might be hungry for wins.

AgentDaleCooper
24-03-2010, 12:21 AM
How many teams would love to be in the position we are in right now eh ? Pappetty papped out the cup by a bunch of sheep rustlers and fifth in a very poor SPL, one win in nine. Aye big man, there's loads, loads I tell ya :faf: The World of Yogi is indeed a wonderful place to live.

to be fair, i think what he means is that points wise, we are in a pretty good position. technically, if results went our way, we could go third on saturday.

we probably won't though:boo hoo:

truehibernian
24-03-2010, 12:28 AM
to be fair, i think what he means is that points wise, we are in a pretty good position. technically, if results went our way, we could go third on saturday.

we probably won't though:boo hoo:

I know mate, I am just fed up hearing the Yogi-speak. Technically we are good on paper................just a shame that our players are made of paper and have no heart. You could have put the U19's in tonight and they would have tried a leg from the first to the 90th minute. Yogi is a soft touch......who'd have thought that eh :boo hoo:

Hibster
24-03-2010, 12:35 AM
you never know - this could be the final kick up the arse the players and Hughes needed (I know thats been said after every bad defeat recently, but this one really was a shocker)

might seem awfully unlikely right now, but we are still in the hunt for Europe. I wouldn't start playing the youngsters or anything quite yet, if every player who played tonight isn't desperate to make amends and willing to give it everything come our next game, then there's something *seriously* wrong at ER. its not over yet

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 12:43 AM
We call the team gutless/spineless, yet some fans are asking if we should just write the season off, when 3rd place is up for grabs. If the fans have given up, what's the point of carrying on for the team?

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
24-03-2010, 12:54 AM
With Hughes sticking by duds like Nish, Stevenson, McBride, Rankin, etc... I don't see how we can progress. Season is over. Give some kids a chance.

shamo9
24-03-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm not gonna let the players off the hook that easy. I, and any rightminded Hibby, should demand a reaction from the players against Falkirk, they'll be no free rides from me.

We're pish at the moment but two wins in our next two games puts us third with the end looming - that doesn't happen very often and I'm not gonna sit back and accept the players ruining everything.

They probably will but at least we, as supporters, can say that we have more fortitude and staying power than most of them can even dream of.

The_Todd
24-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Depending on how other results go on Saturday, we can be third again by the weekend.

If we were in Hearts position then yes, it would be over. The players might be giving up, but I'll be damned if I am yet.

Allant1981
24-03-2010, 06:59 AM
why would anyone want young guys to come in at this time of the year when we are still chasing 3rd place. the cups are always nice to win and the scottish is well overdue but these games are bonus games, nice to win but if you dont its not the end of the world. The league is the bread and butter and hopefully they get the finger oot and start winning some games again

Danderhall Hibs
24-03-2010, 07:15 AM
We call the team gutless/spineless, yet some fans are asking if we should just write the season off, when 3rd place is up for grabs. If the fans have given up, what's the point of carrying on for the team?

Don't you think the players have already given up?

sahib
24-03-2010, 07:16 AM

I would throw in the next half dozen as well just to avoid disappointment. Review the situation in 2016.

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 07:27 AM

Seems you were in the same position last term, no?
You are correct though, what's the point in carrying on with a team full of gutless players and a clueless manager??

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 09:11 AM
With Hughes sticking by duds like Nish, Stevenson, McBride, Rankin, etc... I don't see how we can progress. Season is over. Give some kids a chance.

Who can he bring in that's better?

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Seems you were in the same position last term, no?
You are correct though, what's the point in carrying on with a team full of gutless players and a clueless manager??

Same position? Do you not mean different position? I cant remember at any time last season, us being in contention for 2nd place. I cant think at any time last season when we were 2 points from 3rd. There is still 3rd place to fight for, we slaughter the team for being spineless, yet our support :faf: is no better.

Keith_M
24-03-2010, 09:19 AM

Don't you think there's a big difference in being in a position points wise to achieve third and actually looking like a team that has any chance of achieving that?

This team is definitely the former but I don't see any evidence of the latter. How does it make the supporters spineless when all they're doing is accepting the obvious, that this team just doesn't have it?

Expecting Rain
24-03-2010, 09:21 AM
There`s no way you can write the season off, there`s still a lot to play for and if Hibs could get back to full strength 3rd place is still up for grabs, you could argue that the rest of the games are part of the preperation for the new season ahead, every game tells you something about your players. To give up is childish and serves no purpose.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Don't you think there's a big difference in being in a position points wise to achieve third and actually looking like a team that has any chance of achieving that?

This team is definitely the former but I don't see any evidence of the latter. How does it make the supporters spineless when all they're doing is accepting the obvious, that this team just doesn't have it?

What happened to the old adage, while its mathematically possible, we will keep going for it? You and others might have given up, i certainly have not.

erskine-hibby
24-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Same position? Do you not mean different position? I cant remember at any time last season, us being in contention for 2nd place. I cant think at any time last season when we were 2 points from 3rd. There is still 3rd place to fight for, we slaughter the team for being spineless, yet our support :faf: is no better.

Last season you were shouting about how our manager didn't have a clue, couldn't change things around and generally not being able to get the best out of our players. I see lots of similarities there.

I do agree though that at one point we were looking good, albeit that we rode our luck on many occasions, but you must see that Yogi looks pretty clueless about changing our fortunes and seems incapable of changing his team tactics, things that you berated Mixu for, so why not Yogi??

stubru59
24-03-2010, 09:29 AM
In terms of point on board we are perfectly capable of third. But there's a lot more to it than that.

We are playing with a complete lack of confidence. Positional sense has gone out the window. Too many key players appear to have given up.

This has been going on for quite some time and nothing suggests its about to change. In which case, we may as well blood some hungry youngsters who may or may not prove up to the job.

We have nothing to lose here because the current squad are clearly not up to it..

sunshine1875
24-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I said yes. We are going nowhere at the moment with these players and the formation we are playing.

I would rather get a much more solid 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 formation and choose the players to fit it. If McBride is not fit, drop him and get in one of the younger players.

I would also say that Wotherspoon needs to be rested.

We also need more creativity down the left hand side, so maybe time to move/drop Riordan.

greenlex
24-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Change the formation and get after 3rd. The players are there for 3rd so come on Yogi get your head out your arse and get on with it.
Doing the same thing game after game when we have clearly been rumbled is doing my tits in. :grr::grr::grr:

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Change the formation and get after 3rd. The players are there for 3rd so come on Yogi get your head out your arse and get on with it.
Doing the same thing game after game when we have clearly been rumbled is doing my tits in. :grr::grr::grr:

I don't think so, and that's the reason i think we are progressing.

greenlex
24-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't think so, and that's the reason i think we are progressing.
So you dont think we have the players to secure third but are progressing? What can they achieve then fourth or fifth? :confused:

Ritchie
24-03-2010, 02:42 PM
i said no.... i want hibs to be in Europe.

still think the current squad is more than capable if the tactics are changed!

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 02:42 PM
So you dont think we have the players to secure third but are progressing? What can they achieve then fourth or fifth? :confused:

I hope we can regain form and get 3rd, i never one in the last couple of season thought we could do that, but this season we have a chance. We were never in with a chance before, we are now. Thats progress.

BoltonHibee
24-03-2010, 02:45 PM
I hope we can regain form and get 3rd, i never one in the last couple of season thought we could do that, but this season we have a chance. We were never in with a chance before, we are now. Thats progress.

Or maybe its the deteriorating state of the SPL.

We have made no progress this season, stop kidding yourself and stop kidding others that you believe this.

Phil MaGlass
24-03-2010, 02:50 PM
:grr:HOW MANY F,N SEASONS DO WE HAVE TO WRITE OFF,ITS ALL WE SEEM TO DO.:grr:

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Or maybe its the deteriorating state of the SPL.

We have made no progress this season, stop kidding yourself and stop kidding others that you believe this.

Perhaps you are right, but at least we are in there to take advantage.

BoltonHibee
24-03-2010, 02:57 PM
in where?

If you think we will finish up anywhere other than 6th, you have a screw loose!

We will be on the end of another defeat on Saturday too, so get your excuses for Yogi polished up for that one!

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Nah. Makes no sense to play the youngsters and get them tarnished with the dross we have seen post x-mas. Got to the give the established players till the season end to turn it around. If the Cup Final is OF, then Europe will filter down to fourth at least. That has to be our goal.:panic:

iwasthere1972
24-03-2010, 05:19 PM

Get a grip man. :grr: No way should be consider our season as being over.....not yet anyway.

A win at Falkirk and a draw between Dundee United and Motherwell could see us leapfrog back into 3rd place. The main thing is that WE MUST WIN on Saturday to get our season back on track quickly and hopefully kick on from there.

I said on an earlier thread that I would settle for 4th spot right now but while we're still in the running for a higher position we as fans shouldn't be giving up on the team.

I know people have a right to air their opinions but come on all this negativity and booing the players ain't doing anybody any good. If we do finally mess things up then fair enough but while we have some chance of finishing 3rd (or 4th) we should be giving the management and the team all our backing and more.

To the guy who wants to sing 11 Green Bottlers and get a banner made. :bye:

Remember the words "We'll support you ever more" .

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Sudds_1
24-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Last season you were shouting about how our manager didn't have a clue, couldn't change things around and generally not being able to get the best out of our players. I see lots of similarities there.

I do agree though that at one point we were looking good, albeit that we rode our luck on many occasions, but you must see that Yogi looks pretty clueless about changing our fortunes and seems incapable of changing his team tactics, things that you berated Mixu for, so why not Yogi??

Ah but as Yogis love child he runs the risk of upsetting him and his great Uncle stacky if he offers criticism this season.....:wink::greengrin

Toaods
10-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Thought I'd pull this one back up again after yet another humbling.

Time to face facts, we are going downhill faster than Franz Klammer.

No way any manager worth his saly would persevere with this 'particular group of players' in the forlorn hope that they could take us on to the next level as manager's like to churn out.

If most of them are to be dumped let's give the young 'uns their chance and see if they are worth keeping.

Alfred E Newman
10-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Thought I'd pull this one back up again after yet another humbling.

Time to face facts, we are going downhill faster than Franz Klammer.

No way any manager worth his saly would persevere with this 'particular group of players' in the forlorn hope that they could take us on to the next level as manager's like to churn out.

If most of them are to be dumped let's give the young 'uns their chance and see if they are worth keeping.

Do we have any or is our "conveyer belt" broken?