PDA

View Full Version : Just back

Billy Whizz
23-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Stopping overnight in Inverness. I am still shell shocked. The first half was quite even with not many chances. We came out the blocks in the 2nd half and scored an early goal. We were in control then and should have gone in and added to our lead, but this is Hibs.
They started to launch high balls into our box and we couldn't deal with it. Oh for a Rob Jones type centre half to clear these.
I thought we were heading to extra time until the winner in 88 mins. Too late to get back into the game.
Terrible result and I'm not sure where we go from here as we're now on a terrible run!

Jonnyboy
23-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Stopping overnight in Inverness. I am still shell shocked. The first half was quite even with not many chances. We came out the blocks in the 2nd half and scored an early goal. We were in control then and should have gone in and added to our lead, but this is Hibs.
They started to launch high balls into our box and we couldn't deal with it. Oh for a Rob Jones type centre half to clear these.
I thought we were heading to extra time until the winner in 88 mins. Too late to get back into the game.
Terrible result and I'm not sure where we go from here as we're now on a terri le run!

Is that not Bamba's job?

Lofarl
23-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Typical hibs this season. Afraid to kill the game off. I feel for the fans that went up there to witness that.

Amit
23-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Is that not Bamba's job?

Aye.. but Stack wasn't playing tonight... :greengrin

and supposedly he gets the best out of Bambalamby :greengrin

Billy Whizz
23-03-2010, 11:09 PM

it was a Smith error for their winner.

Jonnyboy
23-03-2010, 11:09 PM

True enough. It was suggested that Smith wasn't vocal enough and yet throughout tonights radio coverage his squeeky wee voice could be heard quite clearly :agree:

sahib
23-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Terrible result and I'm not sure where we go from here as we're now on a terri le run!

Where did they get that cunning idea from?
Wait! it couldn't have been our last league game by any chance?

Vince White
24-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Terrible result and I'm not sure where we go from here as we're now on a terrible run!

How many Hibs fans would you say made the trip? And did the players acknowledge them at full-time?

banchoryhibs
24-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Just got back home. We had a good support maybe 900 to 1,100 at a guess.
This display was simply not good enough. They did not really cause much trouble in the first half but we did not hurt them either. I can't remember any real meaty challenges being made - there was a lack of fire and urgency about us (again).
Great start to the second half then we simply did not boss them. We played like we had a 5 goal cushion. Yogi should have made changes sooner - it was obvious that we were beginning to lose it.
I thought that Nish and Stokes were poor, Riordan was a bystander for much of the game - but never received passes when he was crying out for them.
We needed to get the ball out wide -it happened once - we scored as a result.
This was a sickner:grr:

monktonharp
24-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Just got back home. We had a good support maybe 900 to 1,100 at a guess.
This display was simply not good enough. They did not really cause much trouble in the first half but we did not hurt them either. I can't remember any real meaty challenges being made - there was a lack of fire and urgency about us (again).
Great start to the second half then we simply did not boss them. We played like we had a 5 goal cushion. Yogi should have made changes sooner - it was obvious that we were beginning to lose it.
I thought that Nish and Stokes were poor, Riordan was a bystander for much of the game - but never received passes when he was crying out for them.
We needed to get the ball out wide -it happened once - we scored as a result.
This was a sickner:grr:well done to you and all that travelled anyway. your comments are a good bit like the radio comments

bubblesmorrison
24-03-2010, 01:15 AM
just home after dropping a few people off. tonight was a total shocker still cant get over it. i only seen one of the players acknowledging the hibs fans and that was murray who just before hand had a pie flung at him by a hibs fan (tool) there was fighting hibs fans v hibs fans. boy got arrested after the game for trying to run on the pitch but to be fair to him there was a boy standing on the half way line waving a hearts strip (another tool) all in all biggest waste of 12 hours in my life and would be nice if the players would chip in and give all the fans who travled up there money back.

bandylegs_jLeighton
24-03-2010, 02:33 AM
'Just back' for what will probably be the last time this season.

Hibs only played for 10 minutes today.

A day off work and 4 hours before I have to get up for work. What a waste of time.
No positives to report back of any sort.

zlatan
24-03-2010, 02:43 AM
Also sitting in an Inverness hotel, albeit a tad out my breasts right now.

Whole night was doomed to fail from the moment we had to go to Rod Petrie just to get tickets for the game after the filth refused to sell the spares to Hibs fans because they arrived 10 minutes late. After that it was just as shambolic on the field as it was off, the 4-?-? formation ain't working Yogi so try something a bit more simple, or have you lost the dressing room already?

Pass marks to Bamba and Smith for me in my current drunken state although I may be wrong as both County goals were opposite where I was. I have enjoyed sharing the same doom and gloom views with literally every Hibby I spoke to after the game tonight.

Oh when the Hibs go up, to lift the Scottish Cup...zombies and robots will rule the world :thumbsup: