PDA

View Full Version : Smith, another dumpling.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
23-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Why start this guy over Stack and keep anonymous planks like Stevenson, McBride and Thicot? Smith's error has cost the club £500k in receipts. Stack was at most guilty of some poor decisions in the derby game, NOT whopping great errors ala Maka, McNeil, Zibi and now SMITH! Anyway, nice one Yogi you total numpty. I'll assume Stack will reappear as if by magic at Falkirk, Saturday. Total shambles! :grr: Smith should never keep goal again for us, doesn't have it.:grr:

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Why start this guy over Stack and keep anonymous planks like Stevenson, McBride and Thicot? Smith's error has cost the club £500k in receipts. Stack was at most guilty of some poor decisions in the derby game, NOT whopping great errors ala Maka, McNeil, Zibi and now SMITH! Anyway, nice one Yogi you total numpty. I'll assume Stack will reappear as if by magic at Falkirk, Saturday. Total shambles! :grr: Smith should never keep goal again for us, doesn't have it.:grr:

The team played for 90 minutes (well they were on the pitch anyway) and many people made mistakes, or didn't play well. It's a bit off to lay the whole exit and £500k on one player.

MWHIBBIES
23-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Why start this guy over Stack and keep anonymous planks like Stevenson, McBride and Thicot? Smith's error has cost the club £500k in receipts. Stack was at most guilty of some poor decisions in the derby game, NOT whopping great errors ala Maka, McNeil, Zibi and now SMITH! Anyway, nice one Yogi you total numpty. I'll assume Stack will reappear as if by magic at Falkirk, Saturday. Total shambles! :grr: Smith should never keep goal again for us, doesn't have it.:grr:Tbh i have not seen the goal but this is a bit unfair imo after only 1 mistake as even the great goalies like buffon kahn and casilas all have the odd calamity.

darwenhibby
23-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Prior to tonights game the general feeling was Smith to replace Stack.
We cant keep chopping and changing.

We have been sussed wth the out field players

23-03-2010, 10:10 PM
The game was too importnat to play Smith, and so it has been PROVED! A 90th minute goal keeping error has cost the club £500k, that is a stonewall fact. Losing goals to good oppostion play is one thing, losing to a shocking keeper blunder another. Stack should have played, and it's not hindsight, it's FACT. Yogi is the donkey as ever.

matty_f
23-03-2010, 10:11 PM
What an utterly, utterly pish thread.

23-03-2010, 10:13 PM

Pish thread for an obviously pish keeper with an even more pish manager. I don't want to see the guy again in a Hibs jersey. I've had enough of Zibi's and Maka's! Don't need another one.

ForeverHibs93
23-03-2010, 10:13 PM
One mistake and he's the most hated Hibs player:confused:? That'll be Stack aswell then seen as he cost us the derby? What a load of p!sh

Toaods
23-03-2010, 10:14 PM

that'll not be you defending a goalie making a howler Matty is it?

...:greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
23-03-2010, 10:14 PM
I have not seen the goal.

Feel a bit sorry for Smith though. He was dropped undeservedly in my opinion in the first place, to then be thrown in tonight......sounds like he has had an absoloute "holocaust" for their winner.

Footnote -If Smith was one of the players out drinking over the weekend then I do NOT feeel sorry for him in any way.

matty_f
23-03-2010, 10:15 PM
that'll not be you defending a goalie making a howler Matty is it?

...:greengrin

And you can ****** off too.:greengrin

One mistake and he's the most hated Hibs player:confused:? That'll be Stack aswell then seen as he cost us the derby? What a load of p!sh

No he didn't cost us the derby.

HibeeUnderwood
Prior to tonights game the general feeling was Smith to replace Stack.
We cant keep chopping and changing.

We have been sussed wth the out field players

With 5 goalkeepers avaliable, we now have that ability :agree:

Although I do think we don't need that many, we might as well make the most of what we've got

I believe Saturday is the chance for Brown to be given a shot and to make the number 1 jersey his :agree:

If not then its a chance for players like Stack and Maka to reclaim the spot

What I do know is that its not just the keeper position that needs sorted!

ForeverHibs93
23-03-2010, 10:16 PM
By all accounts he did? He cost us a goal, Smith cost us a goal. I mean it couldn't have had anything to do with two utterly *****e performances:confused:

Hiber-nation
23-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Pish thread for an obviously pish keeper with an even more pish manager. I don't want to see the guy again in a Hibs jersey. I've had enough of Zibi's and Maka's! Don't need another one.

Was it Smith's fault we were pitiful on Saturday as well?

Suppose it must have been his fault that we could only draw the first leg?

:bye:

23-03-2010, 10:18 PM
With 5 goalkeepers avaliable, we now have that ability :agree:

I believe Saturday is the chance for Brown to be given a shot and to make the number 1 jersey his :agree:

What I do know is that its not just the keeper position that needs sorted!

We've got a manager that won't stick with a keeper. When Stack was brought back he should have kept the jersey, tonight proved that. Brown is a joke signing, just like Gow. Not what the club needed.

23-03-2010, 10:20 PM
By all accounts he did? He cost us a goal, Smith cost us a goal. I mean it couldn't have had anything to do with two utterly *****e performances:confused:

He didn't cost us the goal at all, utter rubbish. He might have contributed to the Hearts opener but he didn't cost us it, or the result. Smith's blunder tonight was 100% the reason RC scored #2.

ForeverHibs93
23-03-2010, 10:21 PM
He didn't cost us the goal at all, utter rubbish. He might have contributed to the Hearts opener but he didn't cost us it, or the result. Smith's blunder tonight was 100% the reason RC scored #2.
Didn't cause it? you must be having a laugh? All he had to do was step round the post and catch it, even punch it out. Too say he wasn't at fault for it is a joke:confused:

Amit
23-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Come on guys he's got a point... It's Smith's fault... that

We have...

No width.
No heart.
No fight.
No passion.
No desire.
No 4-4-2.
No East Stand.
No Early Bird Season Ticket offers.
No proper right back.
No tall midfielders.
Not won the Scottish Cup since 1902.
Not played well for ages.

Smith - GTF :greengrin

Jonnyboy
23-03-2010, 10:24 PM

Hardly. A number of defenders were apparently posted missing before Smith got involved

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2010, 10:25 PM
The game was too importnat to play Smith, and so it has been PROVED! A 90th minute goal keeping error has cost the club £500k, that is a stonewall fact. Losing goals to good oppostion play is one thing, losing to a shocking keeper blunder another. Stack should have played, and it's not hindsight, it's FACT. Yogi is the donkey as ever.

No, over two ties the entire team could not score more goals than Ross County. Stop blaming Smith.

Oh, wait a minute, I didn't realise you said it was FACT.

23-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Didn't cause it? you must be having a laugh? All he had to do was step round the post and catch it, even punch it out. Too say he wasn't at fault for it is a joke:confused:

It came off the post when he could have punched it, he did not barge over a defender for no reason and also fall over, leaving an open goal like Smith did tonight.

I'm not laughing pal, Smith has cost us big time tonight, and Hughes is the erse that shuffles keepers like playing cards on the eve of the biggest game of the season bar none. He is the biggest dumpling, Smith second.

Hibby70
23-03-2010, 10:28 PM
i blame ollie for getting jailed.

Speedy
23-03-2010, 10:30 PM

Because he hadn't made any mistakes prior to this match and Stack had.

Why exactly is Yogi a total numpty?

What evidence was there to suggest this prior to the match?

Why?

Really? FACT?

We've got a manager that won't stick with a keeper. When Stack was brought back he should have kept the jersey, tonight proved that. Brown is a joke signing, just like Gow. Not what the club needed.

What's Brown done wrong like?

I haven't seen the goal from tonight so I can't comment on that but some of the comments you have made are utter mince.

ForeverHibs93
23-03-2010, 10:31 PM
It came off the post when he could have punched it, he did not barge over a defender for no reason and also fall over, leaving an open goal like Smith did tonight.

I'm not laughing pal, Smith has cost us big time tonight, and Hughes is the erse that shuffles keepers like playing cards on the eve of the biggest game of the season bar none. He is the biggest dumpling, Smith second.
In the end the ball ended up in the back of the net though, yes? It's unfair to call one keeper a dumpling for a mistake if you don't the other? What about mistakes made by Cech etc. it's football these things happen, to punt a keeper for one mistake is an outrage IMO:greengrin

vahibbie
23-03-2010, 10:32 PM

Yir no Mrs. Stack by any chance:bitchy:

ForeverHibs93
23-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Yir no Mrs. Stack by any chance:bitchy:
:top marks:faf:

23-03-2010, 10:35 PM
In the end the ball ended up in the back of the net though, yes? It's unfair to call one keeper a dumpling for a mistake if you don't the other? What about mistakes made by Cech etc. it's football these things happen, to punt a keeper for one mistake is an outrage IMO:greengrin

It's not just any mistake, it cost us the Scottish Cup semi-final and the club a gauranteed £500k. For me it's unacceptable, sorry but the boy isn't good enough. But as stated, Hughes is #1 dumpling by some margin. Smith is just a crap keeper that couldn't get a game in League 2.

Amit
23-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Smith is just a crap keeper that couldn't get a game in League 2.

Aye.. but isn't League 2 better than the SPL? Surely a step down for the lad.. No?

:greengrin

ForeverHibs93
23-03-2010, 10:39 PM
It's not just any mistake, it cost us the Scottish Cup semi-final and the club a gauranteed £500k. For me it's unacceptable, sorry but the boy isn't good enough. But as stated, Hughes is #1 dumpling by some margin. Smith is just a crap keeper that couldn't get a game in League 2.
Neither was Stack's costing us a derby game is a big deal IMO! Yes I agree that Smith made a big mistake but no bigger than Stack's . I'm not having a go mate just saying that if your sticking with what you stated then it has to be conistant to all keepers then:agree:

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Bring back Marshall.

23-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Neither was Stack's costing us a derby game is a big deal IMO! Yes I agree that Smith made a big mistake but no bigger than Stack's . I'm not having a go mate just saying that if your sticking with what you stated then it has to be conistant to all keepers then:agree:

No bigger than Stack's, that wasn't even a clear error and didn't cost the club £500k or a Scottish cup.

Mate, it's well past your bedtime :confused: :bye:

hibeemad
23-03-2010, 10:44 PM
No bigger than Stack's, that wasn't even a clear error and didn't cost the club £500k or a Scottish cup.

Ok so we now know what you think

give it a rest now

eastmainsmsh
23-03-2010, 10:45 PM

stack was nervous i feel ..... pitys susos meant to be cross hit the post and teed up driver to rifle home however stack had 2 very good saves to keep the score down ......

3 keepers 2 having jeepers ....

brown will be in goals on sat imo:agree:

CallumLaidlaw
23-03-2010, 10:46 PM

Its like Hibs spain in an alternative world!!!! :bitchy:

ForeverHibs93
23-03-2010, 10:47 PM

haha don't kid yourself, most of the posters on here that refer to age seem to think younger people don't know as much hence go to the age, very very mature:top marks and I'm the 16 year old?

23-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Ok so we now know what you think

give it a rest now

Time for your bed as well, pal.:blah:

hibeemad
23-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Time for your bed as well, pal.:blah:

wotever

Forza Fred
24-03-2010, 07:33 AM

Totally agree.

We're all hurting.

Let's take time out to recover, and then look objectively to the future in a few days.

euro Hibby
24-03-2010, 07:44 AM
HIbs Spain was right ......since Maka was dropped we have gone backwards !

TornadoHibby
24-03-2010, 08:27 AM

Not on his own but he did make major contributions IMO! :agree:

lucky
24-03-2010, 09:02 AM
It was not Smith who cost the second goal but the defender who headed it in the air

gillythehibby
24-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Have to say dropping Stack smacked of desperation. He has hardly done too much wrong since he came back and has confidence that others lack. Need to look at the outfield players for this disaster.

hibsbollah
24-03-2010, 09:18 AM
It was not Smith who cost the second goal but the defender who headed it in the air

Just seen it, Smith isnt the cuplrit.

Golden Bear
24-03-2010, 09:21 AM

:agree:

jdships
24-03-2010, 09:23 AM

The point of this thread is ? :confused:
You forget there were ten other players on the park , at different times,last night who are just as , if not more , culpable .
Take it you will be applying for the manger's job next time it becomes vacant.
Don't bother justifying by telling us "..it's my opinion which I am entitled to"

We all hurt this morning but to start a witch hunt thread is a bit much - the whole team/manager deserve pelters not just a selected few :bitchy:

hibsbollah
24-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Its amusing there are two threads slagging off Smith for the goal at the moment, when the footage clearly shows that it wasnt even his fault:faf::faf:

A defender (possibly Murray, cant quite tell) runs in front of as he goes for the ball and headers it straight up in the air. Just shows the goat-scaping that goes on:rolleyes:

khib70
24-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Its amusing there are two threads slagging off Smith for the goal at the moment, when the footage clearly shows that it wasnt even his fault:faf::faf:

A defender (possibly Murray, cant quite tell) runs in front of as he goes for the ball and headers it straight up in the air. Just shows the goat-scaping that goes on:rolleyes:
:agree:Just looked at it myself. Not his fault. Certainly not in the way that the first at the PBS was Stack's fault.

If we're going to pick on one man for this shambles, let's make it the man "in charge"

skipster7
24-03-2010, 09:38 AM
nonsense,the team played ok for 20 mins after we scored and then the WHOLE team fell out of it and RC deserved to win.many keepers have come for crosses and missed, especially after your own player bumps you as you jump so it was a mistake but not a howler zibi/maka stylee.fwiw stack would have been glued to his line as usual and the boy would still have put it in at the back post.

houston1875
24-03-2010, 10:06 AM
What did torn faced Alex Ferguson use to do with goalkeepers who continued to make made mistakes in big games?

H18sry
24-03-2010, 01:09 PM

Correct IM is at fault for either not heading clear or getting the f*** out of Smiths way when he came to clear :agree:

Bayern Bru
24-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I'd be interested to know how many people on this thread were basing their opinion that Smith is a "dumpling" for costing us the game on the radio, and how many were actually there to witness it.
Having seen the goal, it's nowhere near Smith's fault. Perhaps a number of people on here don't want to be seen to be criticising Ian Murray who, in their eyes, is a perfect player who can do no wrong - and some of these people are the same ones who lambast Hughes for favouritism.

Every player who pulls on a green and white jersey is liable to make mistakes. That's why they're at Hibs.

So can we stop the Smith-bashing or should we just carry on with it to ensure we've got a scapegoat that isn't a fans favourite?

hibsbollah
24-03-2010, 01:19 PM
I'd be interested to know how many people on this thread were basing their opinion that Smith is a "dumpling" for costing us the game on the radio, and how many were actually there to witness it.
Having seen the goal, it's nowhere near Smith's fault.

:agree: I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can berate a player before they've seen the actual incident. It happened countless times with Makalambay.

Bayern Bru
24-03-2010, 01:21 PM
:agree: I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can berate a player before they've seen the actual incident. It happened countless times with Makalambay.

Sadly it's happened countless times full stop. Maka was prone to errors so it was easy to automatically assume that he was to blame for every goal that we lost. Even when he wasn't, the commentary teams trotted out their "dodgy keeper" comments which influenced the listening masses thus leading to the witch hunt.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 01:24 PM

Perhaps you dont think a cross ball 3 yards from the goal line is not the keepers ball, but i do. In fact Smith also thought it was his ball, as he's flying through the air like superman punching thin air. Why would he be going for it if it was not his ball? And why did he not go through everyone while doing his superman impression, and clear the ball the man and anything else in his way?

hibsbollah
24-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Perhaps you dont think a cross ball 3 yards from the goal line is not the keepers ball, but i do. In fact Smith also thought it was his ball, as he's flying through the air like superman punching thin air. Why would he be going for it if it was not his ball? And why did he not go through everyone while doing his superman impression, and clear the ball the man and anything else in his way?

Whatever I say, I suspect you have your mind made up, probably because you started the thread before you saw the incident.

Thecat23
24-03-2010, 01:33 PM

I play in goals and there is no danger that is Smiths fault. He came for the ball there was players jumping around him which makes it very hard for a keeper to get to by the way! Overall are we going to slaughter every single silly mistake (even though this wasn't his) that our keepers make because no matter who is in they will make an error it's life. Zibi, brown were just gash but Stack and Smith are very good keppers i'm sure most of you idiots who jump down the keeprs throats each week are praying they cock it up to give you something to whinge about. Get over yourself and start backing the keepers and maybe the nerves they have will go. Defending for the 2nd goal was just shocking we need to look at that and work hard and move on.

hibsbollah
24-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Sadly it's happened countless times full stop. Maka was prone to errors so it was easy to automatically assume that he was to blame for every goal that we lost. Even when he wasn't, the commentary teams trotted out their "dodgy keeper" comments which influenced the listening masses thus leading to the witch hunt.

Exactly. From my experience (of attending a match and then watching the highlights afterwards)you can't get a full impression of all the players' performances even from watching on TV. Judging players based on radio commentary, especially when the commentator is the likes of Alan Preston:faf: is impossible.

Allant1981
24-03-2010, 01:35 PM

if a player jumps into you or is jumping in front of you its quite hard to get near the ball, ive had the misfortune of having to go in goals a few times this season and its not just as easy as barging folk out the way. IMO murray was at fault here and not smith but lets give smith grief anyway

vahibbie
24-03-2010, 02:08 PM

Thought that when I saw the goals on Sky sports last night. Just watched the Youtube vid on another thread and while Smith wasn't brilliant I think there are others more to blame than him.
Mibbe the OP should retract a wee bit:wink:

Hibernia Na Eir
24-03-2010, 02:09 PM
BAMBA another dumpling, GET RID ASAP:agree:

vahibbie
24-03-2010, 02:11 PM

FFS someone jumped right in front of him and after that we had defenders at the back post who missed the ball.
Smith mibbe could have done better but to lay all the blame on him is out of order IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Whatever I say, I suspect you have your mind made up, probably because you started the thread before you saw the incident.

I posted it after seeing the incident on the telly, i have since seen it many more times, and stand by what i said. Imho he should be flattening everyone in front of him. He made the decision to go for the ball. If a keeper does that and fails, he's at fault. If he had not come for the ball, he might have been in place to save the resulting header.

Golden Bear
24-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I posted it after seeing the incident on the telly, i have since seen it many more times, and stand by what i said. Imho he should be flattening everyone in front of him. He made the decision to go for the ball. If a keeper does that and fails, he's at fault. If he had not come for the ball, he might have been in place to save the resulting header.

What we don't know is whether or not there was any communication between the keeper and his defenders. You would think that these situations are practiced in training and areas of responsibility clearly defined so to blame Smith for the second goal is being very, very harsh without knowing what actually happened there and then.

Si_17
24-03-2010, 03:07 PM
This topic is utter ****ing bollocks. Are you the same clown shouting abuse at Thicot after five minutes last night?

I have come to realise a large majority of our support is a bunch of ********s.

Golden Bear
24-03-2010, 03:11 PM
This topic is utter ****ing bollocks. Are you the same clown shouting abuse at Thicot after five minutes last night?

Are you referring to any particular poster?!

Hibs90
24-03-2010, 04:52 PM

Smith has made one mistake since he came to the club, Stack's made more. To even put him in the same brackets as McNeil and Zibi is a disgrace.

Broken Gnome
24-03-2010, 06:55 PM

Probably topped by the guy who called Benji a ****** while he was warming up in the first half.

Darth Hibbie
24-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Probably topped by the guy who called Benji a ****** while he was warming up in the first half.

There was also "Thicot get those ****ing gloves of ya useless *******" before he had even kicked a ball.

Ed De Gramo
24-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Its like Hibs spain in an alternative world!!!! :bitchy:

I think it is Hibs Spain at the wind up

What a pish thread btw :agree::bye:

km2007
24-03-2010, 08:22 PM

Like most of the post's on this thread - it appears your typing utter nonsense!!

Hibs lost the game, not Smith. We should of took the chance to hump them at Easter Road but that's too easy for Hibs!:greengrin

IberianHibernian
24-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Likes of Cech and Casillas have made real howlers in big games recently so it`s safe to assume that likes of Smith , Stack and Maka will too from time to time . Without knowing full details of Stack`s fitness rumoured back problems can`t comment fully but decision to sign one let alone two goalies in January still seems strange . With Maka , Yogi had probably decided he`d get rid of him ( change for the sake of it and / or he thought he could find someone better ) . With Stack , possible fitness worries or maybe hearing he`s keen to go back to England . Whatever , he chose to sign a goalie who wasn`t wanted by Brighton and another who has played very few competitive games in last year or so while still having 2 alternatives plus Under 19 goalies . Feel Yogi has changed goalies to please fans rather than improve team and I suppose he`d lose face if he brought Maka back ( from what I`ve seen of the 3 ( can`t comment on Brown yet ) , they all have weaknesses and strengths but Maka is certainly not any worse overall ) . Haven`t seen goals from Dingwall yet , but think it`s time to give someone a run in team even if it`s a youngster and not one of the 4 . Obvious that some of the goals have been caused by general bad defending - for next season we`ve got to look for a strong defence that understands goalie ( Maka was so much better without Rob Jones for example ) .