23-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Simply saying:
4-4-2
Smith
McCormack Bamba Hanlon Murray
Wotherspoon Miller McBride Galbraith
Stokes Riordan
4-3-3 can GTF

Would get the feelings across (thats only my preffered team adapt as necessary)

fiolex1
23-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Simply saying:
4-4-2
Smith
Stokes Riordan
4-3-3 can GTF

Fight for the right to wear famous the jersey, that's would I would put on it

Greenblood70
I'd prefer "IMPOSTERS"

Amit
Save money.... just go with..

4-4-3 GTF and also "They've given me everything since I came to the club -GTF"...

What's so ironic about that last statement is at the moment they are giving Yogi SFA... and I don't mean the Scottish Football Association..!

hibee_girl
23-03-2010, 09:39 PM
We should ask the Aberdeen fans if we can borrow their 'bottlers' banner they came to ER with one season

cwilliamson85
23-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Simply saying:
4-4-2
Smith
Stokes Riordan
4-3-3 can GTF

Why not just "yogi - 442! Give it a try sometime!?!"

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Yes, and can I suggest an Open Letter, or indeed the formation of a fans pressure group. Hopefully this will lead to a white knight (toap businessman likesay) taking over the club and buying us yon Scottish Cup.

I'm really this desperate.

.Sean.
23-03-2010, 09:41 PM
How about ''Wage Thieves'' either that or we could hand them masks, they may prefer stealing from us wearing one. Dick Turpin did.

Gatecrasher
23-03-2010, 09:42 PM
We should ask the Aberdeen fans if we can borrow their 'bottlers' banner they came to ER with one season

gie them a fiver for their trouble :agree:

Capt Mainwaring
23-03-2010, 09:42 PM
A simple "Gutless" would do for me.

CMac1988
23-03-2010, 09:44 PM
How about ''Wage Thieves'' either that or we could hand them masks, they may prefer stealing from us wearing one. Dick Turpin did.

This!! :top marks

It's short, sharp and gets the message across. :agree:

MussyHibby
23-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Careful now!

The "I never boo or criticise the players" brigade will be in shortly!

Hakim Sar
23-03-2010, 09:49 PM
How do you get these massive things made though?

I'd just go for "wage thieves" as well

Can this be organized?

hibsbollah
23-03-2010, 09:52 PM
4-3-3, and any other formation debate, has absolutely nothing to do with our sudden and total collapse since the rangers game.

But what did cause it? ****ed if i know:confused:

marinello59
23-03-2010, 09:54 PM
4-3-3, and any other formation debate, has absolutely nothing to do with our sudden and total collapse since the rangers game.

I thought our spirit and self belief died on the Ibrox pitch that day. Confidence is everything and our team just doesn't have it.

Amit
23-03-2010, 09:56 PM

Teams have found us out.... lack of width...

Ultimately the poor run has led to lack of confidence, inconsistency in team selection etc etc.. I could go on...

Any team with width have absolutely pummelled us... earlier in the season our full backs Murray and Wotherspoon where up and down the line, pressuring the opposition full back... that.. sadly is a distant memory...

Hibstrooper
23-03-2010, 09:56 PM
I'd go for "No fat chicks" on mine

Amit
23-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Was mentioned on here earlier...

"Bring Back Football"..

Hibster
24-03-2010, 12:27 AM
"happy birthday dave"

not much of a message to the players I grant you - but it'd be nice for my mate dave

1875godsgift
24-03-2010, 01:15 AM
"happy birthday dave"

not much of a message to the players I grant you - but it'd be nice for my mate dave
Why is that, is it his birthday?

rainman
24-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Canny believe people still think a switch of formation is the answer to our prayers.

If that group of players can't beat a piss poor Hearts team or a mid table first division team (after 2 attempts) in any formation, then there's something far wrong.

Hibster
24-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Why is that, is it his birthday?

it better be, I've already started work on the banner

The_Todd
24-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Canny believe people still think a switch of formation is the answer to our prayers.

If that group of players can't beat a piss poor Hearts team or a mid table first division team (after 2 attempts) in any formation, then there's something far wrong.

This. If our players actually tried a leg and put a shift in over the last few weeks we wouldn't be having this conversation about tactics.

Either team spirit is gone, confidence is shot or the players can't be bothered -perhaps all three.

PeeJay
24-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Simply saying:
4-4-2
Smith
Stokes Riordan
4-3-3 can GTF

Why bother with a banner - Hibs fans at the next home game could do what they occasionally do here in Germany when fans are pxxxxx off at their team

-everybody could stand up and turn their backs to the pitch/team for 5 -10 minutes?
- or fans could refuse to enter the terracing/stand for the first 10 minutes of a game

Organising it would be a bit of a problem, but then you could get a lot more fans involved. Just an idea.

Danderhall Hibs
24-03-2010, 07:22 AM

:agree: He changed it on Saturday to a 4-4-1-1 sort of formation - still didn't work.

It's down to more than the formation.

hibbymac
24-03-2010, 07:24 AM
Save money.... just go with..

4-4-3 GTF and also "They've given me everything since I came to the club -GTF"...

What's so ironic about that last statement is at the moment they are giving Yogi SFA... and I don't mean the Scottish Football Association..!

Ehh, is that no cheatin? ....maybe that's what we need. :wink:

weonlywon6-2
24-03-2010, 07:57 AM
I thought our spirit and self belief died on the Ibrox pitch that day. Confidence is everything and our team just doesn't have it.

was discussing this last night with a gers fan after the game. since the gers 3-0 at ibrox we have collapsed. not even the slightest decent performance. what i dont get is why ??

how come,st johnstone,dun utd and mostly motherwell, with relatively unknowns can fight and scrap for everything and we cant.

to many prima donas??

rainman
24-03-2010, 08:21 AM
was discussing this last night with a gers fan after the game. since the gers 3-0 at ibrox we have collapsed. not even the slightest decent performance. what i dont get is why ??

how come,st johnstone,dun utd and mostly motherwell, with relatively unknowns can fight and scrap for everything and we cant.

to many prima donas??

Suppose you could say that's the danger of buying these players who have stepped up a standard then came back with their tails between their legs.

Stokes, Miller, Riordan, Stack, Bamba, McBride, Murray all played at "bigger clubs" and despite their obvious talents, have fundamental flaws to their game which have brought them back to the SPL outside the OF. Such flaws are mostly in their attitude.

When things are going well, these guys will be flying high and playing well. It's when the hard work is required that they are posted missing.

I'll probably be shot down in flames for this but a team of Rankin's and Stevensons wouldn't be out fought by a piss poor Hearts team or a first division team. Nor would they struggle to perform in a formation that is only slightly different to the standard 4-4-2. We have strikers who don't perform because "they're never passed the ball" yet show no interest in going looking for it. Midfielders who are posted missing when the going gets tough and defenders who are free-wheeling into the summer. 4-4-2, 4-4-3, 4-5-1? Irrelevent if we don't have a group of players who are proud to wear the jersey.

It's probably unfair to put Murray into that category now that i think about it.

The_Todd
24-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Suppose you could say that's the danger of buying these players who have stepped up a standard then came back with their tails between their legs.

Stokes, Miller, Riordan, Stack, Bamba, McBride, Murray all played at "bigger clubs" and despite their obvious talents, have fundamental flaws to their game which have brought them back to the SPL outside the OF. Such flaws are mostly in their attitude.

When things are going well, these guys will be flying high and playing well. It's when the hard work is required that they are posted missing.

I'll probably be shot down in flames for this but a team of Rankin's and Stevensons wouldn't be out fought by a piss poor Hearts team or a first division team. Nor would they struggle to perform in a formation that is only slightly different to the standard 4-4-2. We have strikers who don't perform because "they're never passed the ball" yet show no interest in going looking for it. Midfielders who are posted missing when the going gets tough and defenders who are free-wheeling into the summer. 4-4-2, 4-4-3, 4-5-1? Irrelevent if we don't have a group of players who are proud to wear the jersey.

It's probably unfair to put Murray into that category now that i think about it.

No shooting down, I agree with you.

If, let's say, Murray, Rankin and Wotherspoon were the only current first team players still here next season I wouldn't complain.

Ell_Chrisso
24-03-2010, 08:26 AM
How big do you want the banner? ;)

hibsbollah
24-03-2010, 08:42 AM

I agree, the Rangers game was the start of it. Go back to December, we tore Motherwell apart at home, winning 2-0 but could have been seven, in one of the best Hibs performances ive seen in the last 20 years. I thought we were on the start of something special, that Hughes had something that Mowbray and McLeish couldnt get close to, flair with a bit of steel as well.

I clearly couldnt have been more wrong.

Keith_M
24-03-2010, 09:43 AM
I do believe Real Madrid fans do a nice "White Hanky Waving" thing to express their displeasure.

I've only got some used Kleenex, so I can't join in, sorry.

:wink:

Vince White
24-03-2010, 10:08 AM
I do believe Real Madrid fans do a nice "White Hanky Waving" thing to express their displeasure.

:wink:

Yup, a white flag would be the most apt IMHO as it appears the players have simply given up. A Real-style 'white hanky' protest would look pretty effective if enough fans brought a hanky along (or if somebody knows how to order a cheap batch of several thousand hankies they could be handed out at the turnstyles). If there was some publicity it might embarrass the players into some sort of effort. Sadly it seems the current lot don't get embarrassed too easily.

Either that or a banner with a new club motto. Instead of the huns' 'No Surrender' we could have 'Always Surrendering' or 'Surrender Monkeys'

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-03-2010, 10:47 AM
What about a banner that says " all players in the team on what they are doing and and not on what they have done or can do".?

Plus a wee disclaimer that reminds Yogi that he is in charge, and that dropping Riordan, Stokes or Miller or all three would not cause a mutiny.:rolleyes:

Phil MaGlass
24-03-2010, 10:50 AM
How about

BOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo...........

for a banner.

Or, YOURE NOT WORTHY

THE WHITE HANKY IS ALSO USED IN HOLLAND, ITS QUITE EFFECTIVE WHEN EVERYONE IS DOING IT

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-03-2010, 12:26 PM
YOGI...READ HIBS.NET!

:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
24-03-2010, 04:40 PM
How about

BOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo...........

for a banner.

Or, YOURE NOT WORTHY

THE WHITE HANKY IS ALSO USED IN HOLLAND, ITS QUITE EFFECTIVE WHEN EVERYONE IS DOING IT

It certainly worked in 1940. They're still waiting for their grandfather's bicycles to be returned though.

Vince White
24-03-2010, 06:47 PM

I don't remember that. I do remember last season (or maybe it was this season) that following one of their many cup exits to a lower division side the Aberdeen fans took a banner to Ibrox for their next league game which read something like 'Wear these colours with pride'. Tempting as it would be to run up a banner telling the Hibs players to 'f*** off ya gutless t*ts' I recall the Aberdeen players saying that when they saw the banner it made them determined not to let the fans down. I think they got a 0-0 draw which is hardly astounding but it maybe helped them avoid defeat at least.