PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets announced!

JPrinty
23-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Apologies if already covered, but season ticket prices for next season are on official site:thumbsup:

J-C
23-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Apologies if already covered, but season ticket prices for next season are on official site:thumbsup:

Not quite priced yet, only news of rhe new 10 month payment plan as long as you sgn up before end of April and the new family tickets.

hibee_girl
23-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Not quite priced yet, only news of rhe new 10 month payment plan as long as you sgn up before end of April and the new family tickets.

There are prices up :agree:

GlesgaeHibby
23-03-2010, 09:21 AM

£405 for an Adult in the East or West.

hibee_girl
23-03-2010, 09:22 AM

or £380 for east if you already had a season ticket for there :thumbsup:

OtterHibee
23-03-2010, 09:25 AM

Prices are here (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100321/prices_2262950_2000710?action=16&articleId=2000710&rand=833548).

Introducing the payment plan is certainly a wise move by the club. I'll probably still just pay up front though. Bit disappointed they're not operating the Early Bird scheme again this year for Cup Top-Ups.

mglancy23
23-03-2010, 09:32 AM
SEASON TICKET MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS

As well as substantial discounts compared to Walk Up prices, 2010/11 Season Ticket Members benefit in many other ways:
• A guaranteed seat for every home game in the SPL in the new completed Family Home

• Priority purchasing period for tickets for away games, cup games, European fixtures and pre-season friendly games

• Access to the new Hibernian Payment Plans, helping you budget and spread the cost of cheering the team on

• Free access to the ever popular 'Behind the Goals' Supporters' Bar on home Matchdays

• Discounts on Hibernian Flavoured Hospitality

:thumbsup::hnet: rod still believes! thats good enough for me :greengrin

Keith_M
23-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Oh dear, family prices in the East Stand!

Everybody run for cover, I sense a keyboard war about to start.

:offski:

Antifa Hibs
23-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Announcing the new Season Ticket Membership packages today, Scott Lindsay, Chief Executive, Hibernian FC said: "Hibernian wants to continue to make football as affordable as possible at Easter Road Stadium."

By charging over 400 hunner quid for a season ticket:faf::faf:

What was the East again last season? And what where the other stands last season, what is the increase for season tickets..?

If we don't get Europe or a SC final or something, this could backfire big time...

Frazerbob
23-03-2010, 09:42 AM
A bit disapointed that they haven't seen the benefits of keeping the East as the cheaper option. Had they done that I think it would have meant the atmosphere would have remained. This way, with the cheapest seats in the North IMHO the rammy types will be spread around the stadium. In every stadium you nead to have what are perceived as "cheap seats".

As the Wonder Stuff said....."welcome to the cheap seats".

Keith_M
23-03-2010, 09:44 AM
A bit disapointed that they haven't seen the benefits of keeping the East as the cheaper option. Had they done that I think it would have meant the atmosphere would have remained. This way, with the cheapest seats in the North IMHO the rammy types will be spread around the stadium. In every stadium you nead to have what are perceived as "cheap seats".

As the Wonder Stuff said....."welcome to the cheap seats".

You do need cheap seats, but the problem is that the east will now have the best seats in the stadium, outside of the executive section in the West stand. You must admit, it would be a bit strange to charge the lowest money for the best seats in the house.

J-C
23-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Prices are here (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100321/prices_2262950_2000710?action=16&articleId=2000710&rand=833548).

Introducing the payment plan is certainly a wise move by the club. I'll probably still just pay up front though. Bit disappointed they're not operating the Early Bird scheme again this year for Cup Top-Ups.

Thanks for that, this is the page I read....

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100323/season-ticket-membership_2262950_2002257 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100323/season-ticket-membership_2262950_2002257)

hibee_girl
23-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Can't see many people taking up the multi year season tickets :greengrin

Frazerbob
23-03-2010, 09:50 AM
You do need cheap seats, but the problem is that the east will now have the best seats in the stadium, outside of the executive section in the West stand. You must admit, it would be a bit strange to charge the lowest money for the best seats in the house.

Fair point but they could have made the wing stands cheaper and kept the middle couple of sections (ie the best seats in the house) at the same price as the West.

Keith_M
23-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Fair point but they could have made the wing stands cheaper and kept the middle couple of sections (ie the best seats in the house) at the same price as the West.

I agree totally with that.

I really feel, and have bored everyone about this on many occasions :wink:, that Hibs should have a more graduated level of pricing.

Brooster
23-03-2010, 09:56 AM
When will the East be ready?

Keith_M
23-03-2010, 09:57 AM

Before the Trams but after the Scottish Cup victory.

:wink:

gogsy
23-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Season tickets are all very well, but when will football clubs get it into their heads that not everybody wants to buy one? Some people have other commitments, ie work, family, other leisure pursuits and can't make it to every game. Others just don't want to go to every game. But there must be thousands of Hibbies out there who would like to go to a game now and again. These are the fans that are put off by the ridiculous cost of tickets to watch, at best, moderate entertainment. Why can't Hibs introduce a 5 game ticket, for example, or do more to encourage families who can only come along occasionaly.

I took my 6 year old laddie to his first ever game against Montrose in the cup, mainly because it was only £23 for the pair of us to get in. I think that this sort of price level is much more realistic for what is on offer and might help to get more lapsed fans back to Easter Road. That game was in fact my first time back at ER for THIRTEEN YEARS. I was a regular for 30 years but gradually drifted away as prices rose and playing standards dropped. However, the wee man has decided that he wants to be a Hibby (wise man) and it is my Hibernian duty to take him along as often as we can. I am well aware that we could get a family season ticket for £465, I think, but I repeat not everybody wants to or can go to every game.

hibee_girl
23-03-2010, 09:59 AM

The new East Stand will be ready early in Season 2010/2011

according to the official site

craig1875
23-03-2010, 10:02 AM

Not much of a saving on walk up prices (unless they change), and its not like people will struggle to get a seat for any game, except possibly euro games.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-03-2010, 10:02 AM
How do these prices compare with this season?

hibee_girl
23-03-2010, 10:03 AM
How do these prices compare with this season?

an East season ticket this year was £330, folk who are renewing will pay £380 for next season and folk who are moving over to the East will pay £405

Nakedmanoncrack
23-03-2010, 10:07 AM
an East season ticket this year was £330, folk who are renewing will pay £380 for next season and folk who are moving over to the East will pay £405
:hmmm:
Hardly an incentive to fill all those extra empty seats.

Baldy
23-03-2010, 10:10 AM
I like the idea of being able to buy your season ticket for next 3 seasons at this years price's .. if your lucky enough to be bale to afford the payments

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2010, 10:15 AM

How is the new east stand any better than the west?:confused: I'm a bit disappointed they have family tickets for the new stand. It should just be kept for the FF and the west, and when those kids are old enough to go themselves, they could choose the east then. All thats going to do, is dilute the atmosphere imho

Keith_M
23-03-2010, 10:20 AM
How is the new east stand any better than the west?:confused: I'm a bit disappointed they have family tickets for the new stand. It should just be kept for the FF and the west, and when those kids are old enough to go themselves, they could choose the east then. All thats going to do, is dilute the atmosphere imho

I meant that the location of the best (probably didn't make that clear enough) seats in the East, rear of stand and along the half-way line, are a better view than any of the seats in the West, outside the executive section. That's the part of the stand in any other stadium that's the most expensive, as it's the most popular place to view the game.

I'm all in favour, though, of having different prices for different quality of view. For instance, seats in the lower part of the stand and in line with the goal line should be a lot cheaper than those I mentioned above.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2010, 10:25 AM
I meant that the location of the best (probably didn't make that clear enough) seats in the East, rear of stand and along the half-way line, are a better view than any of the seats in the West, outside the executive section. That's the part of the stand in any other stadium that's the most expensive, as it's the most popular place to view the game.

I'm all in favour, though, of having different prices for different quality of view. For instance, seats in the lower part of the stand and in line with the goal line should be a lot cheaper than those I mentioned above.

Ah right. :greengrin I agree with the 2nd part too. Does this happen elewhere?:dunno:

Vini1875
23-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Considering the price was £330 this season for the east with the facilities it had and that the new stand is going to be only £50 more (£2.50 a game) for much improved facilities I think most east standers will go back. Also the 15-18 ST is only £170, so I'm sure a lot of them will sit there. Add to that those in the west who would prefer to sing etc probably find it an attractive option to move.

However you look at it football is a very expensive past time, that hasn't changed for a long time and is unlikely to drop in price any time soon. I think ther will be drop in STs as the availability of seats means there will always be a pay at the gate option and so people will be able to pick and chose games.

Keith_M
23-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Ah right. :greengrin I agree with the 2nd part too. Does this happen elewhere?:dunno:

It does in some places, not in others I suppose. One club I recently bought tickets for, Dynamo Dresden, (a bit obscure, I know) has single tier stands and operates this kind of system.

Ticket Guide (http://www.dynamo-dresden.de/saison/tickets/)

Large Stadium Plan (http://www.dynamo-dresden.de/uploads/pics/stadionplan2_web.jpg)

Gatecrasher
23-03-2010, 11:03 AM
£380! good stuff, bit dispointed there is no early bird scheme, i really liked getting in there for the £10 off a home top or reduced cup top up price, but the 10 month payment plan means i can get my dad one and pay mine up front :thumbsup:

does anyone know how much the April deposit will be?

down the slope
23-03-2010, 11:15 AM
I have a ST for the west upper but i don't remember what i paid for it-another senior moment but can anyone tell me what percentage rise this seasons ST' are compared to last.

Ritchie
23-03-2010, 11:17 AM
£170 for me in the East! :thumbsup:

Ell_Chrisso
23-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Well atleast we know one thing...

Absolute rip off as usual! :agree:

joe breezy
23-03-2010, 11:20 AM

:agree:

RIP
23-03-2010, 11:27 AM

My family consists of the following East regulars

Me 53 and brother 51 - home and away regulars (sometime USA and england domicile notwithstanding) since the sixties. Always sung, always will
4 kids - 20, 14, 13 and 11.

Between us we make mair noise than most

I think you will find that families and other young lads and lassies will make up the bulk of the 'Supporters / Singing' section in the new East

Glory Glory :thumbsup:

Godsahibby
23-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Got to say I'm quite disappointed with this. As someone said earlier where is the incentive to fill this brand spanking new 20k seater stadium. I sit in the West and will continue to sit there next year but the board really should have thought about ways instead of getting those seats filled.

Dropping the East to £350 potentially would get a lot more people taking up season tickets and increase the numbers, long term those people are more likely to spend more cash at the games and renew those season tickets in the future.

If the season tickets are lower they could always lower the walk up prices for the east, again it gives people an incentive to go and hopefully convert some of those into season ticket holders.

down the slope
23-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Just had my counting beads out and correct me if i'm wrong but that is an increase of 12% !!!, does the tach know there is a recession on at the moment ?. As i have mentioned before i will do the walk up thing next season and there will be no worries about getting a seat, in fact i think it will be a case of which row to choose from.

.Sean.
23-03-2010, 11:30 AM
So currently the club are charging £330 for a season in the East? How on earth can they justify charging an extra fifty-seventy pound for next season? Rage. ****ing rip-off.

Ken
23-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Can these be bought immediately.

I want to buy one in the East, I assume they will have the seating plan to pick your seat?

smurf
23-03-2010, 11:33 AM
A 12% increase, in the current economic climate, on the cheapest seat just simply can't be justified.

Keith_M
23-03-2010, 11:33 AM
So currently the club are charging £330 for a season in the East? How on earth can they justify charging an extra fifty-seventy pound for next season? Rage. ****ing rip-off.

Maybe because it's a new stand, better seats, better view and much better facilities?

:dunno:

Ken
23-03-2010, 11:35 AM

Nonsense, Hibs reduced the prices to 07 prices last season to help fans out during difficult economic times. They have now reverted to the 08 prices, which again I think is pretty decent. The high increase in the East prices is down to the fact that it's a brand new stand.

Antifa Hibs
23-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Nonsense, Hibs reduced the prices to 07 prices last season to help fans out during difficult economic times. They have now reverted to the 08 prices, which again I think is pretty decent. The high increase in the East prices is down to the fact that it's a brand new stand.

Nonsense. Hibs reduced the prices because we were rank *** rotten last season. Nothing to do with helping the fans out. Hibs have never helped the fans out financially and never will.

I love how Hibs are trying to make a massive deal out of this 10 month payment plan thing, trying to justify a 12% increase as we can now pay for it in 10 months.

Will PATG prices increase? If so we could be talking £24 for massive super games like Hibs v St Mirren and £29 for Hibs v Rangers... Good thinking Hibs board....

smurf
23-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Maybe because it's a new stand, better seats, better view and much better facilities?

:dunno:

Very few folk have had a pay increase in the past 12 months. More folk are out of work than they were 12 months.

In the current economic climate, new spanking stand or not, a 12% increase in the cheapest seat this season is an increase that can't be justified.

.Sean.
23-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Nonsense. Hibs reduced the prices because we were rank *** rotten last season. Nothing to do with helping the fans out. Hibs have never helped the fans out financially and never will.

I love how Hibs are trying to make a massive deal out of this 10 month payment plan thing, trying to justify a 12% increase as we can now pay for it in 10 months.

Will PATG prices increase? If so we could be talking £24 for massive super games like Hibs v St Mirren and £29 for Hibs v Rangers... Good thinking Hibs board....

Well said that man. How anybody can come on here and say 400 quid for 19 matches against the likes of Hamilton, Killie and St Mirren isn't extorshinate is beggars belief.

Gatecrasher
23-03-2010, 11:48 AM
i think the rise can be justified, in the west stand folk have been paying more money for years for the better facilities in return now the east stand is being rebuilt there was bound to be a rise in prices, i think in general football is over priced but in the current status of pricing we have i think it is justified :agree:

jgl07
23-03-2010, 11:55 AM
How is the new east stand any better than the west?:confused:
Because you will not have to put up with the 'West Stand Whingers'!

IWasThere2016
23-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Win the SC and ST sales will take care of themselves.

Go oot tonight and a poor finish to the SPL season and there will be a drop in STs - despite a new East Stand IMHO

Ken
23-03-2010, 12:11 PM

So if your argument is the season tickets were reduced because we were rotten, then surely a team challenging for 3rd, bringing in a higher quality of player, means they are justified to put them back up to 2008 prices.

Hibs were one of the few clubs that did reduce their prices last season and if that was because we were rotten or because we to help the fans financially, they still done it.

...and to the fans who expected the East Stand to be cheaper than the West then you're just living in a dream world.

What was the percentage increase for the West out of interest?

Lofarl
23-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Ok so whats going to happen with this regarding the super singing fan section? Is the ball rolling on that yet? I dont want to sit beside the snooze brigade.

Beefster
23-03-2010, 12:29 PM
This is a ****ing outrage. They think they can build us a new, sparkly stand and put the prices up to West Stand regionality. The fact that they're putting the price up incrementally over 2 years and giving folk the option to pay over 10 months is just bull**** to sweeten us mug punters up.

If they don't reverse this decision and lower the prices back to what I was paying in 2002, I might have to boycott my regular steak pie in favour of a mince one and bring my own Bovril in a flask.

If they don't provide songbooks for the seats in the singing section, I'll probably explode with rage.

marinello59
23-03-2010, 12:32 PM

Weren't PATG prices the same no matter which stand you were in? If so then I wouldn't expect to see a 12% rise applied.

Sproston Green
23-03-2010, 12:33 PM
I think the rises are justifiable, they are just the reality of the situation. As a club we have and are making progress (despite the recent set back) and it has to be paid for.

Now i would resent spending £400 on a team/club that i beleived were going nowhere, but i believe in those that are running the club, and i do (still) beleive that Yogi will be a good Hibs manager.

But Miller, Stokes, Riordan et al need paid - and i am happy to pay it.

The way i look at it, my ST is my membership dues, it is my contribution to my club, i would pay it even if i lived away from Edinburgh, because it is how i contribute, how i support my club.

I would make many more sacrifices in my expenditure before i gave up my ST. Now i realise that families etc are expensive, and i do think that at times Hibs could be more creative with the pricing (i really liked the idea of buying blocks of 5 cat B games for example mentioned earlier on)

What this all comes down to is that too many Hibs fans look for a reason NOT to attend Hibs games - so they can justify their non-attendance at games by hiding behind the 'its too expensive' , or 'Yogi is a joke' excuse, yet still clin on to their Hibbyness and feel part of any success and pretend that they are still 'good Hibbies'.

If you're not attending, then you're not contributing. Back your club, its £40 per month for **** sake, by my crude maths thats only 3.5 pints of lager at £2.80 a week - is that too much to ask?

marinello59
23-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Because you will not have to put up with the 'West Stand Whingers'!

Who is whinging?:greengrin

"We want to stand or we won't come back."
"Why are they putting families in the East?"
"It's too expensive."

:devil:

down the slope
23-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I think the rises are justifiable, they are just the reality of the situation. As a club we have and are making progress (despite the recent set back) and it has to be paid for.

Now i would resent spending £400 on a team/club that i beleived were going nowhere, but i believe in those that are running the club, and i do (still) beleive that Yogi will be a good Hibs manager.

The way i look at it, my ST is my membership dues, it is my contribution to my club, i would pay it even if i lived away from Edinburgh, because it is how i contribute, how i support my club.

I would make many more sacrifices in my expenditure before i gave up my ST. Now i realise that families etc are expensive, and i do think that at times Hibs could be more creative with the pricing (i really liked the idea of buying blocks of 5 cat B games for example mentioned earlier on)

What this all comes down to is that too many Hibs fans look for a reason NOT to attend Hibs games - so they can justify their non-attendance at games by hiding behind the 'its too expensive' , or 'Yogi is a joke' excuse, yet still clin on to their Hibbyness and feel part of any success and pretend that they are still 'good Hibbies'.

If you're not attending, then you're not contributing. Back your club, its £40 per month for **** sake, by my crude maths thats only 3.5 pints of lager at £2.80 a week - is that too much to ask?

Nice of you to tell me how to spend MY money !.

bighairyfaeleith
23-03-2010, 12:36 PM

leave ma ****ing pints alone ya bam :grr:

Speedway
23-03-2010, 12:37 PM

What is this atmosphere that you speak of?

Just had my counting beads out and correct me if i'm wrong but that is an increase of 12% !!!, does the tach know there is a recession on at the moment ?. As i have mentioned before i will do the walk up thing next season and there will be no worries about getting a seat, in fact i think it will be a case of which row to choose from.

There isn't a recession on at the moment.

This is a ****ing outrage. They think they can build us a new, sparkly stand and put the prices up to West Stand regionality. The fact that they're putting the price up incrementally over 2 years and giving folk the option to pay over 10 months is just bull**** to sweeten us mug punters up.

If they don't reverse this decision and lower the prices back to what I was paying in 2002, I might have to boycott my regular steak pie in favour of a mince one and bring my own Bovril in a flask.

If they don't provide songbooks for the seats in the singing section, I'll probably explode with rage.

Sproston Green
23-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Nice of you to tell me how to spend MY money !.

Im not telling you, im asking a question.

Maybe those that are moaning should stop telling Petrie and chums how to run a football club...?

hibsbollah
23-03-2010, 12:42 PM
More expensive than
Everton, Villa, Fulham, Blackburn, Newcastle, Sunderland, Blackburn, Wigan:confused:

smurf
23-03-2010, 12:43 PM
There isn't a recession on at the moment.

Technically you are correct. We are out of recession but if you're suggesting that this is anything other than a very tough economic climate then....

Today there are more folk out of work than there was this time last year. Folk who will need to pay this 12% increase should they renew will in the main have less money today than they had 12 months ago through a combination of job losses, reduced hours, pay drops, pay freezes and rising taxes.

Can you name any other business, product or service (Apart from the cost of fuel) that has increased it's price by 12% in this economic climate?

It's total madness and can't be defended.

Peevemor
23-03-2010, 12:45 PM
More expensive than
Everton, Villa, Fulham, Blackburn, Newcastle, Sunderland, Blackburn, Wigan:confused:

Because ticket sales represent a much smaller percentage of their income than ours.

marinello59
23-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Because ticket sales represent a much smaller percentage of their income than ours.

Exactly. TV money subsidises ticket prices down there to a certain extent.

Beefster
More expensive than

You need to check your figures. The only one I checked is more expensive:

http://www.evertonfc.com/seasontickets/?page=prices

Danderhall Hibs
Can you name any other business, product or service (Apart from the cost of fuel) that has increased it's price by 12% in this economic climate?

My works canteen prices went up. A bagel was 51p it's now 62p. :bitchy:

down the slope
23-03-2010, 12:49 PM

So you are only to quote you "a good Hibby" if you have a season ticket ?, what a load of garbage, it was not so long ago that most people paid at the gate even when ST's were available.

Sir David Gray
23-03-2010, 12:51 PM
More expensive than

Those clubs (well all of them except Newcastle that is) are receiving millions from Sky TV, SPL clubs aren't getting anything like that so I think that might help to explain why English Premiership clubs can afford to charge less.

Speedway
23-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Technically you are correct. We are out of recession but if you're suggesting that this is anything other than a very tough economic climate then....

Today there are more folk out of work than there was this time last year. Folk who will need to pay this 12% increase should they renew will in the main have less money today than they had 12 months ago through a combination of job losses, reduced hours, pay drops, pay freezes and rising taxes.

Of course it can.

10,000 ST holders @ £400 each represents £4m for the club

12,000 ST Holders @ £300 each represents £3.6m for the club

Price per arse is the name of the game here, not how many ***** are in the ground.

Beefster
23-03-2010, 12:55 PM

Inflation is at 3% so prices must be going up in general.

I'm fairly sure that STs for the other parts of the ground won't be increasing by 12% and the main factor is bringing the East into line with the rest of the stadium as the facilities and view will now be comparable. Like it or not, there's a water-tight case for the increase in East STs.

Hibs didn't have to stagger the increase over 2 seasons or introduce a 10 month payment plan either.

Sproston Green
23-03-2010, 01:06 PM
So you are only to quote you "a good Hibby" if you have a season ticket ?, what a load of garbage, it was not so long ago that most people paid at the gate even when ST's were available.

No, i was more thinking about all the non-appearences at a cup quarter final at home, or at a lot of league games.

In my opinion you dint have to have a ST, but you do have to attend.

jgl07
23-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Those clubs (well all of them except Newcastle that is) are receiving millions from Sky TV, SPL clubs aren't getting anything like that so I think that might help to explain why English Premiership clubs can afford to charge less.
Newcastle will still be receiving parachute payments.

Many of the clubs listed have stadiums too large for their level of support and are trying to make their grounds look a bit fuller for the benefit of the TV cameras.

As for the 'too expensive' argument, Motherwell tried reducing prices, at the same time as bringing in expensive players. It didn't have any measurable impact on crowd levels and the club ended up in administration.

Keith_M
23-03-2010, 01:11 PM
More expensive than

Sorry, but that's rubbish. Check the prices for each of those stadia, for a modern stand, no pillars, along the side of the pitch and show us one that's as cheap or cheaper.

The problem here is that people are comparing Apples and Oranges. Hibs can't possibly built a brand new stand and charge the same as they did for the decrepit thing it's replacing.

In saying that, there needs to be sections of the stadium that DO have much reduced prices, so people aren't priced out of attending the game completely. The FF front should really be the cheapest part of the ground, once the East stand is finished. That'd be in line with pricing at loads of other stadia.

down the slope
23-03-2010, 01:15 PM

I'm fairly sure that STs for the other parts of the ground won't be increasing by 12% and the main factor is bringing the East into line with the rest of the stadium as the facilities and view will now be comparable. Like it or not, there's a water-tight case for the increase in East STs.

Hibs didn't have to stagger the increase over 2 seasons or introduce a 10 month payment plan either.

If i remember rightly i paid £350 or so for the west upper, it is now £405 so looks about 12% but maybe someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

smurf
23-03-2010, 01:21 PM

Inflation is increasing because the Government have been printing money through quantative easing and pumping Billions into the system to try and get the economy moving.:wink:

A 12% increase on the cheapest seat in this current climate is madness and unless we do something truly remarkable like win the Scottish Cup with many more seats available many are sadly just not going to purchase a season ticket.

IWasThere2016
23-03-2010, 01:25 PM
More expensive than

Aye - but as they as comfortable in their misery as most Hibbys are at the moment?

Beefster
23-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Inflation is increasing because the Government have been printing money through quantative easing and pumping Billions into the system to try and get the economy moving.:wink:

A 12% increase on the cheapest seat in this current climate is madness and unless we do something truly remarkable like win the Scottish Cup with many more seats available many are sadly just not going to purchase a season ticket.

I don't want to get into a debate about inflation but the effect of quantitative easing wasn't anything like was feared.

Hibs perhaps should have created a 'cheap seats' section but it shouldn't be in the new stand where demand will be highest and the view will be up there with the best in the stadium.

hibee
23-03-2010, 01:38 PM
I'll still buy the season ticket but for the first time since they introduced it I don't think I'll get the cup top up.

I'm sure I paid £30 for this one so I don't think an increase of over 80% can be justified this time !

PaulSmith
23-03-2010, 01:39 PM

Smurf as a headline figure the 12% appears excessive, although you need to factor in that prices for this season were rolled back to 2007 levels plus it's £2.50 per game increase for a new stand.

Now I know we live in quote 'difficult times' but I reckon that's a small price to pay and your being unjust in your criticism of the club here, we all need to pay our way to drive the club forward and if we don't do our bit then how can we expect the club to move forward?

craig1875
23-03-2010, 01:45 PM

Don't be so stupid..... Your not alowed a flask in the stadium! :rolleyes:

gogsy
23-03-2010, 01:48 PM

Exactly. It's because the mugs pay up front that the club effectively has them by the short and curlies. You don't HAVE to buy a season ticket. As I said in an earlier post there are plenty of 'Good Hibbies' out there who either can't or won't buy a season ticket - and they are not being encouraged to return by the existing price structure.

bobbyhibs1983
23-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Exactly. It's because the mugs pay up front that the club effectively has them by the short and curlies. You don't HAVE to buy a season ticket. As I said in an earlier post there are plenty of 'Good Hibbies' out there who either can't or won't buy a season ticket - and they are not being encouraged to return by the existing price structure.

i agree.:top marks

i was hoping to find out the prices for the season tickets for next season, i having had a st for 3-4years before hand, my brother and sisters also had one, but i doubt we can afford them, part of the reason we didn't get them this season What people have to understand is football is exspensive and what it ll come down to for families is.. food or football? paying your morgage vs football? paying for your kids this or that vs football?

In the above examples i dont think football would win vs many of them if any.

To the poster above who says it would be £40 a month, i understand what your saying but alot of people are struggling for work, paying for simple things at the moment such as food, gas, fuel etc and £40 is a heck of alot of money

craig1875
23-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Of course it can.

Price per arse is the name of the game here, not how many ***** are in the ground.

Going by that logic why not 8,800 at £500 each or even more expensive?

The ticket price has to be ballanced to get the stadium at near to full as possible while making the club as much money as possible. remember the club also makes money from the club store.

In your example if the extra 2,000 supporters each spend £30 in the club shop over the season then it will just about make up for the £0.4m lost by having cheaper season tickets. (if making £20 profit for each £30 it takes. might me more/less.)

I think the club have set the season ticket prices to high and will have fewer season ticket holders next season than this season.

hibsbollah
23-03-2010, 02:12 PM
You need to check your figures. The only one I checked is more expensive:

http://www.evertonfc.com/seasontickets/?page=prices (http://www.evertonfc.com/seasontickets/?page=prices)

Nope, you can get cheaper.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1172549/Grounds-concern-As-Bolton-Blackburn-slash-ticket-prices-heres-Sportsmails-club-club-guide-seasons-costs.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1172549/Grounds-concern-As-Bolton-Blackburn-slash-ticket-prices-heres-Sportsmails-club-club-guide-seasons-costs.html)

hibsbollah
23-03-2010, 02:15 PM

I understand why they can charge less. It does make you think about quality of product though.

cwilliamson85
23-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Of course it can.

Missing the bigger picture. More people through the door mean more people buying merchandise food and drink etc.

Lucius Apuleius
23-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Well I will probably go back to getting a season next year (maybe even the three year deal). Not disputing the prices are relatively high but as I have said before we cannot expect to pay what we do for players and reduce prices as well. Prices rolled back last year so whilst 12% is true, what is the increase since 2008-2009 season? Personally I think we have to start looking at player salaries, not just at Hibs but foorball in general. Maybe then prices can come down. Said it before and will say it again, as far as football is concerned the worst thing that ever happened was Bosman.

Hibs7
23-03-2010, 02:52 PM
I think the new stand will help people to decide not to buy a season ticket unless Hibs finish this season very well, as there will always be seats availble with the increased capacity.

Keith_M
23-03-2010, 03:03 PM
I think the new stand will help people to decide not to buy a season ticket unless Hibs finish this season very well, as there will always be seats availble with the increased capacity.

There wouldn't seem to be much incentive for fans to get a ST if there's going to be loads of seats available. It definitely benefits the club to get money up front, and I'm not knocking that, but there's not much in it for the fans - outside of the kids STs where the saving over PATG is substantial.

Although, it does guarantee you a ticket for next season's Cup Finals :wink:

Mikey
23-03-2010, 03:04 PM

September.

PaulSmith
23-03-2010, 03:17 PM

There wouldn't seem to be much incentive for fans to get a ST if there's going to be loads of seats available. It definitely benefits the club to get money up front, and I'm not knocking that, but there's not much in it for the fans - outside of the kids STs where the saving over PATG is substantial.

Although, it does guarantee you a ticket for next season's Cup Finals :wink:

Surely if it benefits the club for ST's to be sold rather than PATG then it must then benefit the fans of the club who must want a strong club to support.

I'm really disapointed with the views on here once again from some and thankfully they are not indiciative of the views of the majority of Hibs fans.

A superb stadium will be ready come early Sept but we don't appear to want to embrace it and build on the excellent infastructure that the club has given us.

Gatecrasher
23-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Surely if it benefits the club for ST's to be sold rather than PATG then it must then benefit the fans of the club who must want a strong club to support.

I'm really disapointed with the views on here once again from some and thankfully they are not indiciative of the views of the majority of Hibs fans.

A superb stadium will be ready come early Sept but we don't appear to want to embrace it and build on the excellent infastructure that the club has given us.

:top marks

down the slope
23-03-2010, 04:33 PM

I go to see a good team not to look at new stand. As for the majority of the fans you mention i know more Hibbies who don't go nowadays than attend , once a fan stops going to games it can be very difficult to get them to return.

Sproston Green
23-03-2010, 04:49 PM

If you need that much encouragement, then how 'good' a hibby are you really?

Arguing in the pub with Jambos does not make you a good Hibby.

Putting your money where your mouth is and actively supporting them is.

All IMO of course

Jamesie
23-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Two questions:

1. In the "season ticket renewing east.pdf" document it gives you the option of "keeping your existing seat". How is this possible?! And when will a seat plan of the new east be available to allow you to pick your seats?

2. I take it is no longer possible to pay for season tickets over four instalments - it is either a regulated credit agreement or pay the full whack at once?

hibee_girl
23-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Two questions:

1. In the "season ticket renewing east.pdf" document it gives you the option of "keeping your existing seat". How is this possible?! And when will a seat plan of the new east be available to allow you to pick your seats?

2. I take it is no longer possible to pay for season tickets over four instalments - it is either a regulated credit agreement or pay the full whack at once?

Would imagine we'll just keep the same row and seat number

Jamesie
23-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Would imagine we'll just keep the same row and seat number

There are a lot more rows in this stand than the last one though! I would be very reluctant to "buy blind" without seeing a plan of the stand first.

lyonhibs
23-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Missing the bigger picture. More people through the door mean more people buying merchandise food and drink etc.

£400,000 more??

Every game??

Everyone wants football to be cheaper than the previous year, but the construction and - more pertinently - running costs of the new stand have to come from somewhere. You can't expect improved stand, improved view, improvid facilities etc for free - that's just no realistic.

That said, to have a "one price fits all" pricing policy regardless of where you sit in any 1 stand is - and seems to to remain - a seriously short sighted policy from Hibs. Even the Jambos have got that sorted ffs!!

hibee_girl
23-03-2010, 04:57 PM
There are a lot more rows in this stand than the last one though! I would be very reluctant to "buy blind" without seeing a plan of the stand first.

Yeah I know but it's the only way we'd be able to 'keep our seats'.

I had seat 90 and that was bang on the centre line but there's no way that'll be the case in the new stand

Jamesie
23-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah I know but it's the only way we'd be able to 'keep our seats'.

I had seat 90 and that was bang on the centre line but there's no way that'll be the case in the new stand

Surely even Hibs wouldn't be this ****in stupid. This is the kind of info you can guarantee they'll be getting hundreds upon hundreds of phone calls about. :grr:

Speedway
23-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Going by that logic why not 8,800 at £500 each or even more expensive?

The ticket price has to be ballanced to get the stadium at near to full as possible while making the club as much money as possible. remember the club also makes money from the club store.

In your example if the extra 2,000 supporters each spend £30 in the club shop over the season then it will just about make up for the £0.4m lost by having cheaper season tickets. (if making £20 profit for each £30 it takes. might me more/less.)

I think the club have set the season ticket prices to high and will have fewer season ticket holders next season than this season.

Both points highlight speculative potential income whereas ST cash is forecastable income that you can base a budget on for things like playing staff.

Therefore as much of that as possible as soon as possible, is the name of the game. Club shop and food spend is ancilliary extra income.

Keith_M
23-03-2010, 05:45 PM

I was just looking at things in a practical sense. Not all fans will want, or even be able, to buy a ST unless they think it's absolutely necessary.

FWIW, I will be buying STs for myself and the Auld Yin.. but I can afford it. I won't criticise anyone who can't, as I've been in that position plenty myself.

joebakerforever
23-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Have any other SPL clubs published their STs for 2010/11 ?

It would be interesting to compare Hibs prices to others, to see if those claims that our fans will be ripped off, are justified :dunno:

RoYO!
23-03-2010, 07:05 PM
So are they on sale??

Has anyone bought one yet?

And if so were you able to specify the exact seat?

RoYO!
23-03-2010, 07:24 PM
just read the form, i guess i'll tick the 'i want to move my seat' box and get along to the T.O on 8th June to pick the exact seat.

tamig
23-03-2010, 08:17 PM
So are they on sale??

Has anyone bought one yet?

And if so were you able to specify the exact seat?

Tells you here;

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100321/a-new-easter-road_2262950_2000709?action=16&articleId=2000709&rand=826240

We'll get a priority to pick our new seats.

JON6207
23-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I thought we got priority over any seat not just the existing one?

"Existing Season Ticket Members in the East Terrace have been reseated in the South Stand (or as per any special requests received by the Ticket Office) during the construction period, and will have priority in selecting their seats for next Season in the new East Stand
Seats in the New East Stand will be allocated in consultation with existing East Stand Season Ticket Members who want to renew. Renewing Members will be able to select their seat in line with where they sat in the old East Terrace, and will have a priority period to do so before any East Stand seats are allocated to Season Ticket Members from other Stands or new Season Ticket Members."

tamig
23-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I thought we got priority over any seat not just the existing one?

"Existing Season Ticket Members in the East Terrace have been reseated in the South Stand (or as per any special requests received by the Ticket Office) during the construction period, and will have priority in selecting their seats for next Season in the new East Stand
Seats in the New East Stand will be allocated in consultation with existing East Stand Season Ticket Members who want to renew. Renewing Members will be able to select their seat in line with where they sat in the old East Terrace, and will have a priority period to do so before any East Stand seats are allocated to Season Ticket Members from other Stands or new Season Ticket Members."

Tbh, I think they're just saying that if you sat/stood on the halfway line right at the back then they'll try and give you the option to be in roughly the same bit in the new stand. Don't think they really mean your old seat number or anything. We'll soon see though.

craig1875
23-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Anyone still think £405 is good value? :grr:

sambajustice
23-03-2010, 08:43 PM
getting mine tomorrow...

Hibby70
23-03-2010, 08:46 PM
400 for a couple of weeks in spain or 18 games watching a bunch of overpaid gutless wonkers, i'm reassessing my hobbies