PDA

View Full Version : Best 11 players

down-the-slope
22-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Best 11 players don't necessarily make best team.

I think this fact is often over looked when people are suggesting who should be playing.

Also that is further affected dependant on formation that is being played.

As an example - recently the defence has looked its most secure with Hogg Hanlon Smith as CH's / Keeper respectively - but most would say that Bamba is better than at least one of those defenders.

Riorden - naturally gifted / great goal scorer etc...but has offered so little for large parts of the season...leading some to suggest its because he is not being played as a main striker (even although he has never been played in this role by 5 different managers)

its quite a quandry..... so

Who are the best 11 players on the books at ER

What players make the best Team

What formation will gel those players best

rossi
23-03-2010, 04:03 AM
I agree with you. If you look at Alex Ferguson's teams there's always a couple of workmen in there. It's that "too many chiefs and not enough indians" thing.
One of the reasons I think people should get off Nish's case.

I'm_cabbaged
23-03-2010, 06:36 AM
I agree with you. If you look at Alex Ferguson's teams there's always a couple of workmen in there. It's that "too many chiefs and not enough indians" thing.
One of the reasons I think people should get off Nish's case.

Not the most gifted player, but we just don't function without him. :agree:

Aldo
23-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Good post but we also have to remember that there has to be a balance to the team and also the players must want to play for each other and play as a unit and not as an individual.

Tonight for example is a game where these players must stand up and be counted. There will be no place for lazy non working players tonight.

there are a few that need to roll the sleeves up and chase and play as if tonight will be their last ever game.

skipster7
23-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Best 11 players don't necessarily make best team.

I think this fact is often over looked when people are suggesting who should be playing.

Also that is further affected dependant on formation that is being played.

As an example - recently the defence has looked its most secure with Hogg Hanlon Smith as CH's / Keeper respectively - but most would say that Bamba is better than at least one of those defenders.

Riorden - naturally gifted / great goal scorer etc...but has offered so little for large parts of the season...leading some to suggest its because he is not being played as a main striker (even although he has never been played in this role by 5 different managers)

its quite a quandry..... so

Who are the best 11 players on the books at ER

What players make the best Team

What formation will gel those players best
help ma boab, no this again.for the umpteenth time, he may not have been a CF but he certainly wasn't played at left midfield :bitchy:

FWIW
....................SMITH

WOTHERSPOON HOGG BAMBA HANLON

ZEMMAMA MILLER MCBRIDE MURRAY

...........................RIORDAN
...........STOKES

SUBS:
NISH
RANKIN
GALBRAITH
BENJI
THICOT
STEVENSON

not seen enough of last seasons u19s but they could probs replace 1 or 2 on the bench.

down-the-slope
27-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Its interesting the lack of suggestions for best 11 players but actual best team of 11

I think this shows for all the moans / complaints and PC managers we have on here the real issue of getting a TEAM on the park is pretty difficult.

Best 11 on the books at the moment in terms of skill

Brown
Bamba
Zemamma
Riorden
Benji
Miller
Stokes
Wotherspoon
Murray
Hanlon
McBride

Team I would put out however

----------------Smith

McCormack -- Hogg--Hanlon---Murray

----------------McBride----------

Wotherspoon----Miller---Rankin----Stevenson

---------------Stokes----------------

:tin hat:

down-the-slope
28-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Ah well I must be a genius...as no counter offer :wink:

Thats settled then - will email Yogi and tell him when fit to get that team on the park and bullet the hangers on in the summer :cool2:

Judas Iscariot
28-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Stack

Wotherspoon Bamba Hanlon Murray

Zemamma McBride Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

SUBS

Smith
Hogg
Rankin
Benji
Nish
Stevenson
Thicot

Hibercelona
28-03-2010, 10:00 AM
.................................................. ........Stack

..............................Thicot.............. .....Hanlon....................Murray

.................Wotherspoon........Zemmama....... .....Bamba.............Galbraith

.................................................. .........Miller

............................................Stokes ................Riordan

Subs:

Smith
Hogg
Rankin
McBride
Benji
Byrne
Gow

Could inflict some damage IMO.