PDA

View Full Version : How Many SPL Teams Would

Leithenhibby
22-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Like to be in our position right now...a fair few I'd say.

I know that we have been so poor the last few games but it's still there if we can just grasp it for a final push..:cool2:

So much bad press and feeling that we are beginning to almost feel sorry for ourselves...:bitchy:

We are better than we have been of late, that is for sure and I for one think that we can start to turn it around on Tuesday night :agree: and go on to finish in a manner that would see us play a cup semi, perhaps a final :cool2: and also 3rd..

How Many Teams?.....PLENTY...so no more feeling sorry for ourselves...

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Allant1981
22-03-2010, 11:49 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Said pretty much the same thing on the PM board, form dipped in the last month or so but it was never going to be plain sailing all season, still in the cup and hopefully will still be in the cup after tomo night and still pushing for 3rd spot. Much much much better than last season

Wilson
22-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Ask the same question again after tomorrow's game.

Allant1981
22-03-2010, 11:59 AM

So then we would be out of the cup but only 2 points off third place, not exactly relegation material is it. This season was always going to be about re building the team which he has done and hopefully we are rewarded with a wee trip abroad

Leithenhibby
22-03-2010, 12:04 PM

There is such a negative feeling on this board the now..and it's pants...:bitchy:

Success breads success and positive thinking will get us to where we want to be.

Watch you don't trip on your bottom lip now!!...:greengrin

Hibs Class
22-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Like to be in our position right now...a fair few I'd say.

I know that we have been so poor the last few games but it's still there if we can just grasp it for a final push..:cool2:

So much bad press and feeling that we are beginning to almost feel sorry for ourselves...:bitchy:

We are better than we have been of late, that is for sure and I for one think that we can start to turn it around on Tuesday night :agree: and go on to finish in a manner that would see us play a cup semi, perhaps a final :cool2: and also 3rd..

How Many Teams?.....PLENTY...so no more feeling sorry for ourselves...

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

All the teams, bar Rangers, Celtic and Dundee Utd would definitely swap with us. Even DU may be tempted to drop back a league place for the (on paper) easier QF cup tie. Hearts would bite our hand off if offered the swap.

Steve20
22-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Success breads success and positive thinking will get us to where we want to be.

No, a team that looks like they have a clue what they are doing will get us where we want to be.

truehibernian
22-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Sorry bud but you have fallen for "Yogi Rhetoric". The quotes from Easter Road should not include any reference to "other teams", but should only be focusing on Hibs. Hibs, Hibs and Hibs. I don't care what Motherwell, Hearts and others do. Never have, never will. I only look for where we are in the table, not where others are. Yogi, like the team, are losing focus by doing exactly what he is prattling on about.......looking at other teams and where they are, or where they would "want to be". We should be turning this around by playing with fear in a positive way, by that I mean taking the ball and moving it crisply, taking quick free kicks and throw in's, playing with pace and real drive. The "fear" I refer to is that the other clubs will be doing the same. We look to have settled for all these previous media headlines that we are some kind of team that's already made it. There should be an urgency about our football, dare I say an arrogance, that we, Hibs, are not going to get pushed out the places. I see none of that, but what I hear is Yogi molly-coddling professional footballers who at this point in time, need a large size 9 boot surgically removed from each of their fragile behinds :agree:

noseyhibby
22-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Sorry bud but you have fallen for "Yogi Rhetoric". The quotes from Easter Road should not include any reference to "other teams", but should only be focusing on Hibs. Hibs, Hibs and Hibs. I don't care what Motherwell, Hearts and others do. Never have, never will. I only look for where we are in the table, not where others are. Yogi, like the team, are losing focus by doing exactly what he is prattling on about.......looking at other teams and where they are, or where they would "want to be". We should be turning this around by playing with fear in a positive way, by that I mean taking the ball and moving it crisply, taking quick free kicks and throw in's, playing with pace and real drive. The "fear" I refer to is that the other clubs will be doing the same. We look to have settled for all these previous media headlines that we are some kind of team that's already made it. There should be an urgency about our football, dare I say an arrogance, that we, Hibs, are not going to get pushed out the places. I see none of that, but what I hear is Yogi molly-coddling professional footballers who at this point in time, need a large size 9 boot surgically removed from each of their fragile behinds :agree:

Great post:top marks

vahibbie
22-03-2010, 02:04 PM

:top marks
If other teams also had to accept our current form along with our league and cup positions then there might no be too many takers.

Leithenhibby
22-03-2010, 06:48 PM

I agree 100%, but at no time in my post did I say that we are looking at other teams. I was suggesting that other teams would bite our hand off to be in our position. Too many are feeling sorry for themselves and it was time to stop...:cool2:

You are spot-on when you say they deserve a size 9 where the sun, DON'T shine, Let the others worry about us and not the other way around. I just felt that too many posts of late are just waiting to twist the Knife...:wink:

:notworthy::notworthy:

HibbyAndy
22-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Yogi will find out a helluva lot about his team tomorrow.

BroxburnHibee
22-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Yogi will find out a helluva lot about his team tomorrow.

He hasn't learnt a single f****** thing from any of the pish poor results we've had recently

Why should tomorrow be any different?

erskine-hibby
22-03-2010, 06:59 PM

:agree::agree:
A short time ago we were well ahead of the chasing pack and still in it for second place. Now, we are going in reverse and, like it or not, looking at leaving the SC to a lower division team. Time for all of them to get the fingers well and truly out of their @rses, starting with Yogi.

HibbyAndy
22-03-2010, 07:05 PM
He hasn't learnt a single f****** thing from any of the pish poor results we've had recently

Why should tomorrow be any different?

Cause we have just been papped of our neighbours and Yogi knows the script regarding our 100 year plus wait for SC success.

If we put in in ANOTHER inept performance like Saturday and the rest..Then i dont know where wo go ..

Bad Martini
22-03-2010, 07:26 PM

Aye. Spot on amigo. :agree:

A swift hoof up the collective erses is called for....regardless of how we got to where we are this season (and Im gonna stick ma heid on the block and state a chunk of it is doon to getting the rub of the green which as I said earlier, I'll take EVERY time) we are in serious danger of ****ing the lot up if we dont get a grip soon...

ENDOF