PDA

View Full Version : Eventually time to rethink,

Hibs7
22-03-2010, 11:07 AM
I have purposely not posted immediately after the dire derby, too wound up to make any sense then.
First issue is with Stack... what the hell is he palying at, he was at fault including the non existant defence for both goals, the first he should have gone and collected instead of hiding behind the post.
The second he should have either been in front of Glen or all over him like a rash rather than sticking to his line, then when he does come off his line it is comedy cuts all over again.. idiotic. But the main fault was the amount of room the Hertz players had in the box, time after time free headers !!!!!
Since Smith got dropped after losing 4 against Rangers we have been *******, get him back in goals ASAP

The midfeild.. non existant again, Miller missing, McBride missing, Rankin missing, YOGI get it * sorted !!!!
my line up for tomorrow would be...
Smith
Wotherspoon
Hogg
Hanlon
Stevenson
McBribe
Miller
Bamba
Murray
Riordan
Stokes
Played in a 4 4 2 formation, we now have a midfeild which will fight for every ball allowing Miller to do what he supposedly does best and control the game.

greenlex
22-03-2010, 11:10 AM
I have purposely not posted immediately after the dire derby, too wound up to make any sense then.
First issue is with Stack... what the hell is he palying at, he was at fault including the non existant defence for both goals, the first he should have gone and collected instead of hiding behind the post.
The second he should have either been in front of Glen or all over him like a rash rather than sticking to his line, then when he does come off his line it is comedy cuts all over again.. idiotic. But the main fault was the amount of room the Hertz players had in the box, time after time free headers !!!!!
Since Smith got dropped after losing 4 against Rangers we have been *******, get him back in goals ASAP

The midfeild.. non existant again, Miller missing, McBride missing, Rankin missing, YOGI get it ***kin sorted !!!!
my line up for tomorrow would be...
Smith
Wotherspoon
Hogg
Hanlon
Stevenson
McBribe
Miller
Bamba
Murray
Riordan
Stokes
Played in a 4 4 2 formation, we now have a midfeild which will fight for every ball allowing Miller to do what he supposedly does best and control the game.
Did Smith really get dropped for conceding against Rangers? :confused:

Newhaven
22-03-2010, 11:13 AM

I think you're getting mixed up as it was Maka who shipped those goals in December at ER.

If you think that bringing him back in is the answer in goals then you need to lie down :greengrin

Hibs7
22-03-2010, 11:14 AM
I think you're getting mixed up as it was Maka who shipped those goals in December at ER.

If you think that bringing him back in is the answer in goals then you need to lie down :greengrin

You might be right there regarding Rangers, but Smith is a better keeper than Stack by a long shot.

legends of 73
22-03-2010, 11:17 AM

oi barry

has the goalkeeping improved any since marshall left imho it hasn't.

another keeper bottles it at tynecastle :grr::grr:

Bad Martini
22-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Our problems aren't most concentrated between the sticks...we've got issues all over the pitch and on the touchline/in the stand (yes, that does mean the gaffer rather than the punters in the stand)

There's no one part of the team working that well right now as to be above criticism...the facts are, we're not putting away every chance we get or even all the chances we could and should. We're not closing attackers and midfielders down, we're not creating all we could and we've got players in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We're now paying for some of this mess. We're not ****ed and we've improved since Mixu split BUT, we're not what we could be...we're underperforming all over the place and we need to steady everything pronto or we're ending up with **** all at all this season save for perhaps a top 6 finish which, in the context of where we were 3 months ago, must be seen a pissin it against the wall.

Newhaven
22-03-2010, 11:18 AM
You might be right there regarding Rangers, but Smith is a better keeper than Stack by a long shot.

I agree, I thought you were trying to advocate that Maka should come back. I know things are bad but hopefully not that bad :cool2:

ahibby
22-03-2010, 07:36 PM

I thought Stack bred more confidence in the team than Smith but after Saturday I'm not so sure. I can see faults in Stack at both goals too, but from our view we don't see what he does and so we can only say from were we were it looked as though he should have met the ball at their first and either stayed on his line or got in front for the second. I was surprised he mad such poor choices because I rated him but now I'm not so sure. I think we might have four goalies but not really have any. Also unforced errors when kicking out.

The Big No.9
22-03-2010, 10:02 PM
I think its a bit harsh to blame stack for the first goal, having been a keeper for years i think his starting position is correct, the cross takes a deflection and ends up in line with the post he tries to adjust but cant and the ball could have gone anywhere just one of these things that happen in football, the second one, well we know stack stays on his line so who is picking up Glen?

What worried me more was how suspect we looked at EVERY cross that came into the box.

I think that needs to be addressed first

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2010, 10:35 PM
oi barry

Its Scott thompsons fault, we wont ever have a decent keeper until we get rid of this wage thief. Did anyone see the warm up he was giving stack on saturday, shocking, wtf does he do all week at east mains?

Newhaven
22-03-2010, 10:35 PM
oi barry

Marshall going was the best thing that has happened for our keepers.

Yes it's another blunder at *********** by a hibs goalie and that's sad but it's the first major one so far this season thanks to a new coach who knows what he's doing and just isn't here to top up his pension

IWasThere2016
22-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Our problems aren't most concentrated between the sticks...we've got issues all over the pitch and on the touchline/in the stand (yes, that does mean the gaffer rather than the punters in the stand)

There's no one part of the team working that well right now as to be above criticism...the facts are, we're not putting away every chance we get or even all the chances we could and should. We're not closing attackers and midfielders down, we're not creating all we could and we've got players in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We're now paying for some of this mess. We're not ****ed and we've improved since Mixu split BUT, we're not what we could be...we're underperforming all over the place and we need to steady everything pronto or we're ending up with **** all at all this season save for perhaps a top 6 finish which, in the context of where we were 3 months ago, must be seen a pissin it against the wall.

Sadly - you're spot on IMHO!