PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama

Expecting Rain
22-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I think the loss of a fully fit Zemmama has contributed largely to our demise this season, hopefully he`ll play some part in the game against Ross County.

BEEJ
22-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Has his absence from the side of late been entirely down to injury or has he just not been selected?

:dunno:

CB_NO3
22-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Has his absence from the side of late been entirely down to injury or has he just not been selected?

:dunno:
He has a hamstring problem, this can take ages to get better.

Brooster
22-03-2010, 11:33 AM
He is fully fit - just not interested in playing.

JimBHibees
22-03-2010, 11:39 AM

Why do you say that? If fit put him in tomorrow.

ahibby
22-03-2010, 11:44 AM

How do you know this?

Bad Martini
22-03-2010, 12:04 PM
There is little doubt; Hibs have been a far better team with him in the team than we have when he's not been in the team. I cannot recall too many occassions when we've only missed his absence, we've noticably missed his skills, runs and play making this season.

Teo10
22-03-2010, 12:23 PM
There is little doubt; Hibs have been a far better team with him in the team than we have when he's not been in the team. I cannot recall too many occassions when we've only missed his absence, we've noticably missed his skills, runs and play making this season.

:agree:

The main thing we lack and have done for a while is a bit of pace and creativity in the centre of the park and to an extent out wide.

We need someone like him to receive the ball and move it forward, making through balls and passes into space, all at pace as just now we don't have that. One thing when Zouma does have the ball he drags defenders and players to him to make a tackle to which then he can make a pass to an unmarked team-mate.

This is why I call for Galbraith to be played so often, he has pace and a bit of skill, draws defenders to him and gets free kicks etc.... Simples :agree:

RIP
22-03-2010, 12:24 PM
A fully fit Zemmama!

Whasat?

Phil MaGlass
22-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I think the loss of a fully fit Zemmama has contributed largely to our demise this season, hopefully he`ll play some part in the game against Ross County.

Its the loss of bottle and applicability that has let us down,not forgetting poor decisions on Yogis part.

allmodcons
22-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Another midget in a midfield of midgets. Gets bullied by anyone over 5ft 10ins and just isnae Hibs class.

Like every other player in our side right now he is a waste of a jersey and, lets face it, with a manager who knows less about tactics than the average poster on Hibs.net it wouldn't matter who plays. :wink:

scoopyboy
22-03-2010, 12:39 PM
He has a hamstring problem, this can take ages to get better.

He has a hamstring problem in his heid - almost permanantly.

Superbly talented player but only when he can be bothered.

paullotion
22-03-2010, 12:40 PM
I`d get rid of Zemmama and Benji, even when they were both fit there were not exactly setting the heather of fire. They are too inconsistent, you need consistence and neither of them have that.

MB62
22-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Zemmama is Hibs Kingston. Plays two or three games then gets 'injured' ?

popcorn
22-03-2010, 01:28 PM
agree 100%.geting sick of him actualy

popcorn
22-03-2010, 01:29 PM
agree 100%geting sick of him:grr:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
22-03-2010, 01:37 PM
We don't have much creation without him, and I wouldn't put him the same bag as the other hobbits: Stevenson and Rankin. Both of them can share a taxi at my expense.:grr:

CB_NO3
22-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I`d get rid of Zemmama and Benji, even when they were both fit there were not exactly setting the heather of fire. They are too inconsistent, you need consistence and neither of them have that.
A bit harsh on Benji IMO, the guy must be pi55ed off, coming on with 15-20 minutes to go every week makes it hard to change games, he looked our sharpest player when he came on on Saturday. The guy needs a long run in the team.

Andy74
22-03-2010, 03:35 PM
A bit harsh on Benji IMO, the guy must be pi55ed off, coming on with 15-20 minutes to go every week makes it hard to change games, he looked our sharpest player when he came on on Saturday. The guy needs a long run in the team.

Total laziness from certain posters which I'm now coming round to agreeing with some that it's verging on racist, and if not then certainly based on racial stereotyping.

Benji in particular has never shown any type of attitiude issue when he has playeed and yet the line still gets brought out regularly.

Zemmama has a problem that they are finding difficult to pin down and it was reported that they thought it was actually a lower back problem transferring to the hamstring but that now doesn't seem to be the case.

Again, he can be off form but I've never seen his commitment being an issue. Still, it's the old lazy Moroccan thing that gets dragged out time and again.

CB_NO3
22-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Total laziness from certain posters which I'm now coming round to agreeing with some that it's verging on racist, and if not then certainly based on racial stereotyping.

Benji in particular has never shown any type of attitiude issue when he has playeed and yet the line still gets brought out regularly.

Zemmama has a problem that they are finding difficult to pin down and it was reported that they thought it was actually a lower back problem transferring to the hamstring but that now doesn't seem to be the case.

Again, he can be off form but I've never seen his commitment being an issue. Still, it's the old lazy Moroccan thing that gets dragged out time and again.
Look at Riordan, he is the most lazy player I have seen and is the so weak and unfit its unreal for a 27 year old man. Why does no-one give him abuse, I know he is playing out of position but still.

hibsbollah
22-03-2010, 03:44 PM
i've seen some nonsense posts on this board on the last few weeks but theres a few on this thread that win the cocunut:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Look at Riordan, he is the most lazy player I have seen and is the so weak and unfit its unreal for a 27 year old man. Why does no-one give him abuse, I know he is playing out of position but still.

:faf: Do you read this board?

Cameron1875
22-03-2010, 03:56 PM
i've seen some nonsense posts on this board on the last few weeks but theres a few on this thread that win the cocunut

i know you probably think everyone is 100% committed to the cause and all injurys are genuine but the fact zemmama plays most games then as soon as we hit winter he is always injured suggests somethings up. Talented player but only when it suits him.

If you think everytime he doesnt play he is injured then i think your being a little bit naive.

EDIT: I dont think zemmama is a liar, just sometimes his heart is just not in it.

paullotion
22-03-2010, 04:01 PM

Was not the difficult to look the sharpest hibs player on sat, but if Benji, Zemmama(granted he may not be fully fit)or any other player for that matter only chooses certian games to be interested, then as far as i am concerened, then can find another club.

Being a winner or having a winning mentality is 90% mental and 10% physical, its that mental toughness in games, when you are not playing well and yet you still get a result, that is the difference between those that win and those that do not.

Jonnyboy
22-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Not sure on where you're coming from on that one Andy?

truehibernian
22-03-2010, 04:22 PM
His hamstring is as weak as a can of Top Deck. As scoopy says, his "problems" are all in his head and I for one doubt that his injury is causing him as much grief as he is saying. I am quite sure if his agent said that Blackburn or Stoke were interested in him but want to see him play, he would perk up a bit and start putting in these fleetingly wonderful performances. Ibrox, 50,000 people = Zemmama wanting to show what he can do, playing well and playing up.............Perth, 4,000 people, minus 4 degrees = sorry boss, cannot be bothered, I feel a wee bit weak from Ramadan that ended weeks ago, oh and my hamstring feels a tad tight. He was unplayable in summer and especially v Dundee Utd first half at ER, when it was sunny, the grass was lush, and he was receiving rave reviews. For me he sums up Hibs first team at the moment. Great when playing well, always wanting the limelight...........goes into hiding, even finding better hiding places than Osama Bin Laden when the chips are down. He did the same in Mixu's first season too remember, when we were on a wee bit of a run, but it was getting a wee bit chillier. This mysterious "hamstring" injury surfaced, which pretty much put pay to our chances of a Euro spot. Maybe if he trained properly and put effort in then his wee muscles wouldn't be so susceptible to injury. Get rid in summer IMO.

Andy74
22-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Not sure on where you're coming from on that one Andy?

Aren't you?

There's no evidence that any of the two Morocaans, who somehow get lumped together in this, are anything other than honest and commited, yet, we constantly have to hear about them being lazy, not committed, feigning injury, lying about injuries, not working hard in training etc etc.

Is McCann for example just not up for it? He's always been injured.

Whenever there is a suggestion of people not working in training its the two Moroccans that head the queue of possibilities. Based on what? Based on the times we've all seen them train?

I can't help but feel it's mainly based on where they come from, nothing to do with what they actually have or have not done whilst here.

Cameron1875
22-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Aren't you?

There's no evidence that any of the two Morocaans, who somehow get lumped together in this, are anything other than honest and commited, yet, we constantly have to hear about them being lazy, not committed, feigning injury, lying about injuries, not working hard in training etc etc.

Whenever there is a suggestion of people not working in training its the two Moroccans that head the queue of possibilities. Based on what? Based on the times we've all seen them train?

I can't help but feel it's mainly based on where they come from, nothing to do with what they actually have or have not done whilst here.

Get what your saying but heading into dangerous territory there. I am of the same opinion with Bamba. At the moment he isnt playing well and seems like he isnt that committed and is being a little lazy. However the same can be said for miller and riordan but i've seen posters get shot down instantly when daring to criticise them.

Kato
If we had a midfielder with some "presence" Miller and McBride could be playing their football in the oppositions half rather than fannying around getting nowhere in our own.

Jonnyboy
Aren't you?

Thanks for the explanation, that's all I was after :greengrin

Not sure I agree though. Granted the two lads seem to get a poor response on here sometimes but I'm more inclined to think that folk post these things out of frustration, especially in regard to Zouma who undoubtedly has the ability to influence games but who seems to be somewhat injury prone. As to Benji, well much of the abuse he gets on here is self inflicted as he has in the past said he doesn't want to be at ER and that particular piece of mud seems to stick.

Just my take on it you understand :wink:

truehibernian
22-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Andy..........if you ever speak to Gareth Evans or Mixu then I am pretty sure you would get the honest assessment of the way both train and their respective effort levels. Both are fantastic footballers, that's the frustration with both. Probably our most technically gifted, both of them. I do kind of have sympathy with Benji, as I think like a couple of others, he is being played out of position. Like Derek, his best position is as a striker, not behind the strikers. But Stokes is occupying that slot and there is no sign of that being changed to accommodate him alongside.

greenlex
22-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Aren't you?

I think its possibly based on the warm up. Neither seem to be remotely interested in the routines whether it be pre match or out behind the goals. I think most fans would burst a gut to be wearing the green and they just look like they would be somewhere else. :dunno:
Perhaps Benji's attitude to the club whilst he was away on loan has stained his reputation a bit more that Zemamma's

Dr Jimmy
22-03-2010, 05:02 PM
I actually spoke to Zemmama after the Ross County game and he said he was hoping to be fit for the Derby, he also came across as being genuinely keen to play and frustrated with his injury. Therefore I think he may play tomorrow night.

allmodcons
22-03-2010, 05:10 PM
i've seen some nonsense posts on this board on the last few weeks but theres a few on this thread that win the cocunut:rolleyes:

:agree: Totally.

hibsbollah
22-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Andy..........if you ever speak to Gareth Evans or Mixu then I am pretty sure you would get the honest assessment of the way both train and their respective effort levels. Both are fantastic footballers, that's the frustration with both. Probably our most technically gifted, both of them. I do kind of have sympathy with Benji, as I think like a couple of others, he is being played out of position. Like Derek, his best position is as a striker, not behind the strikers. But Stokes is occupying that slot and there is no sign of that being changed to accommodate him alongside.

I couldnt give a monkeys what Mixu thinks of how Zemmama gets on at training. He is the most creative and skilful player in the squad and what he does on the pitch is all that bothers me.

Another thing, it yanks my chain when any thread about Zemmama ends up with it being about zemmama and benji, as if they are the same because they are both moroccan. they are totally different players, with different strengths, different physiques and from what i can tell different personalities. But they're all the same eh:rolleyes:

scoopyboy
22-03-2010, 05:34 PM
I couldnt give a monkeys what Mixu thinks of how Zemmama gets on at training. He is the most creative and skilful player in the squad and what he does on the pitch is all that bothers me.

Another thing, it yanks my chain when any thread about Zemmama ends up with it being about zemmama and benji, as if they are the same because they are both moroccan. they are totally different players, with different strengths, different physiques and from what i can tell different personalities. But they're all the same eh:rolleyes:

Thing is hibsbollah you have probably hit the nail on the head without realising it.

You state its what he does on the pitch that bothers you, the whole point however is he isn't on the pitch. And that's what bothers me.

hibsbollah
22-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Thing is hibsbollah you have probably hit the nail on the head without realising it.

You state its what he does on the pitch that bothers you, the whole point however is he isn't on the pitch. And that's what bothers me.

Are you saying he doesnt have bad hamstrings? If so you'd be contradicting the club doctor.

(((Fergus)))
22-03-2010, 05:40 PM

are you going to back up that statement or are you talking out your ring?

scoopyboy
22-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Are you saying he doesnt have bad hamstrings? If so you'd be contradicting the club doctor.

I'm saying his hamstrings are nowhere as bad as he makes them out to be.

What did the club doctor have to say about it?

truehibernian
22-03-2010, 05:43 PM
You might not give a monkey's bollah, but there are other players in the squad that do mate, and some of the younger one's are now starting to take note and voice their opinion. Yogi wants effort on and off the pitch, and good examples set. Do you think it's great for Kurtis, Fergus Bell, Lee Currie and Co to see lack of effort on the training pitch ? Are we a club that will start not to give two hoots about training and workrate etc, and only look to those 90 minutes on a Saturday/Wednesday ? Personally, I like Zemmama and would have him in the side all the time if he was fit. Same with Benji. Others made the reference to both Morrocans. I was merely stating that out of the two, l feel for Benji as he has and can change games when he comes on. He for me would be ahead of Nish every day of the week. But what I also want is to hear that everyone is sweating buckets day in day out, to be the best, and to be as fit as they can be when they run out onto Easter Road, whatever day of the week.

brydekirk
22-03-2010, 05:46 PM

The main thing we lack and have done for a while is a bit of pace and creativity in the centre of the park and to an extent out wide.

We need someone like him to receive the ball and move it forward, making through balls and passes into space, all at pace as just now we don't have that. One thing when Zouma does have the ball he drags defenders and players to him to make a tackle to which then he can make a pass to an unmarked team-mate.

This is why I call for Galbraith to be played so often, he has pace and a bit of skill, draws defenders to him and gets free kicks etc.... Simples :agree:
totally :agree: . when we were getting bullied on the park, yogi stopped playing him as much. Now everybody is bullying us. also :agree: about Galbraith, he deserves a run.

hibsbollah
22-03-2010, 05:49 PM

The doctor was quoted on the official website said it was recurring problem that was well documented. The Scotsman also picked it up. I'll find the link.

Your first sentence is meaningless without anything to demonstrate how you know this. Did you see him doing the lambada when he should have been resting it or something?

truehibernian
22-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I would argue that when we were getting bullied, Galbraith as well as looking skillful and quick, was one of the few willing to put in cracking challenges. Should be played more often, and it was embarrassing on Saturday when Yogi had him up and down like a human yoyo getting ready to come on.

scoopyboy
22-03-2010, 05:54 PM
The doctor was quoted on the official website said it was recurring problem that was well documented. The Scotsman also picked it up. I'll find the link.

Your first sentence is meaningless without anything to demonstrate how you know this. Did you see him doing the lambada when he should have been resting it or something?

I have been told by more than one person but for obvious reasons I can't say who.

Would you really expect the club doctor to say that a player was making it out to be worse than it actually is on a website or to the press?

Bad Martini
22-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Some pish here.

The 2 Morocans are not the same, not inextricably linked and both have different skills and indeed, if forced to pick I wouldn't want rid of zooma in a hurry. Not sure we actually need benji tho.

Back to Zooma....he's been right up there all season and at his best gets hooked by hughes. Then gets pelters for being x y and z and in fact, undeservedly.

Think some folk are mixing up a player who is lazy, feigns injury and flatters to deceive with regards to hisbelief in his own ability with zooma. Benji, maybe. However as pointed out the only thing the morocans share is a nationality.....

hibsbollah
22-03-2010, 05:59 PM
I have been told by more than one person but for obvious reasons I can't say who.

Would you really expect the club doctor to say that a player was making it out to be worse than it actually is on a website or to the press?

Well 'more than one person' could have been talking out of his hole. Its fairly difficult to know for sure when someone is feigning injury, especially with something as difficult to pin down as a hamstring injury. Maybe you should find out if they saw him do the lambada?

truehibernian
22-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Wrong bad martini........both also share the fact that they are probably both the best technically at the club. Benji's workrate and attitude has also improved by a country mile on the pitch when he gets on. Maybe Hibs should have an open doors training day for a day or two, allowing fans to watch the squad train. That would be interesting :agree: They do it at most clubs abroad, so don't see why we couldn't propose it.

scoopyboy
22-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Well 'more than one person' could have been talking out of his hole. Its fairly difficult to know for sure when someone is feigning injury, especially with something as difficult to pin down as a hamstring injury. Maybe you should find out if they saw him do the lambada?

Any real need for this comment?

I was trying to have sensible debate and you resort to that.

You believe what you want and just dis anybody who tries to pass on a bit of info you don't want to hear.

hibsbollah
22-03-2010, 06:15 PM
[/B]

Any real need for this comment?

I was trying to have sensible debate and you resort to that.

You believe what you want and just dis anybody who tries to pass on a bit of info you don't want to hear.

Nope. I know you've passed on info on players in the past thats been correct. But ive already pointed out that even if Z was 'faking' injury, how would these people said this to you know he was? Its about as insightful as saying you know for a fact that John Rankin prefers 50 cent to Dr Dre.

greenlex
22-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Nope. I know you've passed on info on players in the past thats been correct. But ive already pointed out that even if Z was 'faking' injury, how would these people said this to you know he was? Its about as insightful as saying you know for a fact that John Rankin prefers 50 cent to Dr Dre.
Depends who is telling him mate. :greengrin

scoopyboy
22-03-2010, 06:22 PM

I take your points.

Do you want me to find out the John Rankin answer?

hibsbollah
22-03-2010, 06:25 PM
I take your points.

Do you want me to find out the John Rankin answer?

:faf::top marks

I think he's more of a RnB man.

CiscoKid
22-03-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure if we can play Zemmama and Riordan in midfield away from home, for all the positives the pair of them just don't work hard enough defensively.

silverhibee
22-03-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure if we can play Zemmama and Riordan in midfield away from home, for all the positives the pair of them just don't work hard enough defensively.

That wont be a problem then tomorrow. :wink:

ahibby
22-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I remember Aberdeen having a really useful striking midfield player who impressed when he played which became less frequent as his contract went on. An Aberdeen fan came on here last season or the season before and predicted that we would ultimately be disappointed in our Morrocans (because they became disillusioned with theirs, I guess). At the 1-3 away victory against Motherwell at the beginning of the season I heard a guy behind me saying to his pal, now is the time to play Zemmama when the pitches are in good nick because he won't be as effective on the churned up fields that most SPL clubs have in the winter. I felt a wee bit disappointed because I thought he was talking some sense and Zemmama was by far the best player on the pitch that day IMO. I believe he has an injury. I am disappointed because I believe he has an injury. Is he best suited to be playing on churned up fields we call football pitches, I don't know but some think not. I think he would have made a difference on Saturday if for no other reason than Yogi might not have put out such a weird set up. I say weird because when I heard Miller was up supporting Stokes my first thoughts were WTF and he has a centre back in Thicot who has played that posit very well bla bla bla off topic here, rant over.

Westie1875
22-03-2010, 07:44 PM
That wont be a problem then tomorrow. :wink:

Please tell me that means Derek is getting to play upfront? :pray:

That or Zemmama is out again. :boo hoo:

HibbyAndy
22-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Please tell me that means Derek is getting to play upfront? :pray:

That or Zemmama is out again. :boo hoo:

Zemmama wont play.

ahibby
22-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Zemmama wont play.

Will he play again?

HibbyAndy
22-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Will he play again?

For sure.

Brooster
23-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Zemmama wont play tonight, he didn't even travel up north with the squad yesterday despite taking part in a full training session on Sunday (including practice match). As I've said before he isn't the slightest bit interested in playing despite medical staff saying he is fit to do so.

TornadoHibby
23-03-2010, 09:23 AM

How do you know then? :hmmm: :dunno: :confused:

Expecting Rain
23-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Zemmama would be in my team tonight because of his ability to run at players and take them on, he`s no world beater and can indeed be hit and miss but what really is the alternative?
As regards application in training, it is a poor decision by a player and disrespectful to his collegues but if a player is doing the business on the pitch then it would be hard to criticise their approach, football is littered with players that don`t do as their told, Yogi is in a bad position when this happens as the alternative is to play someone that trains hard but is not very good, he can`t win until he has the opportunity to replace.

scoopyboy
23-03-2010, 10:12 AM
How do you know then? :hmmm: :dunno: :confused:

Have an educated guess?

Danderhall Hibs
23-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Have an educated guess?

You're the club doctor.

Or you're one of Zemamma's hamstrings.

scoopyboy
23-03-2010, 11:48 AM
You're the club doctor.

Or you're one of Zemamma's hamstrings.

Got it on one.

Anyhow can't hang about and blether. We've got an injury list longer than big Bamba's **** and I've got to help out to see who is fit. Good thing about Zouma is we dinnae have to waste time treating him today as he felt he wisnae up to it.

See you at the game.

Danderhall Hibs
23-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Got it on one.

Anyhow can't hang about and blether. We've got an injury list longer than big Bamba's **** and I've got to help out to see who is fit. Good thing about Zouma is we dinnae have to waste time treating him today as he felt he wisnae up to it.

See you at the game.

:hilarious

truehibernian
23-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Och scoopy, you're secret's out bud. Anyway, how are the eye tests going for Hogg and Rankin ? They were telling me that they were still having problems making out the colour green when on the pitch ? Are you still putting Babybio in their coffee in the morning to see if our midfield will grow a pair too ? :faf:

Teo10
23-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Got it on one.

See you at the game.

You be the Hibs Doctor with the SLYEST registration plate in the world:wink: