PDA

View Full Version : The five games that will define our season

Keith_M
21-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Yogi's words, not mine.

Well, the definition of our season hasn't had a good start. How about the next four?

Pedantic_Hibee
21-03-2010, 09:14 PM
One game at a time.

I've still got faith in Yogi. I just dearly hope that unlike the rest of us where we're all speculating about this, that and everything else, he's got the head screwed on and he's already got wheels in motion for the summer.

Hopefully by now he's identified the dozen or so players who are either a) not up for the fight and/or b) simply not good enough to take us where he wants to go.

erskine-hibby
21-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Yogi's words, not mine.

Well, the definition of our season hasn't had a good start. How about the next four?

What about the last 4...or more??

noseyhibby
22-03-2010, 07:51 AM
No one game or small series of games defines a season. Every defeat counts at the end of the day, whether it be in August or May. Hearts lost a championship supposedly on the last day of the season back in 86, but any one of the games you care to choose from that season in which they failed to win or draw, or score enough goals contributed to their end of season total. Celtic did just enough over the entire season. Similarly, our lot will get what they deserve at the seasons end because of their efforts, or lack of, throughout the season.If we finish 6th, then that's where we finish because of that defeat back in August as much as the current defeats we are suffering.

Keith_M
22-03-2010, 09:33 AM
No one game or small series of games defines a season. Every defeat counts at the end of the day, whether it be in August or May. Hearts lost a championship supposedly on the last day of the season back in 86, but any one of the games you care to choose from that season in which they failed to win or draw, or score enough goals contributed to their end of season total. Celtic did just enough over the entire season. Similarly, our lot will get what they deserve at the seasons end because of their efforts, or lack of, throughout the season.If we finish 6th, then that's where we finish because of that defeat back in August as much as the current defeats we are suffering.

Maybe, but it was the manager that used the term. He said that the "next five games" (starting with the last one at the PBS) would define Hibs season.

I felt when I read it that he was issuing a challenge to the players. If he was, I'm not entirely impressed with their reaction so far.

Oh and one more thing. Could we please have Smith back in goals. He did nothing wrong and looked to me like he should be first pick when he was playing. What a stupid decision to make.

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I thought the season was over?:confused:

JimBHibees
22-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Maybe, but it was the manager that used the term. He said that the "next five games" (starting with the last one at the PBS) would define Hibs season.

I felt when I read it that he was issuing a challenge to the players. If he was, I'm not entirely impressed with their reaction so far.

Oh and one more thing. Could we please have Smith back in goals. He did nothing wrong and looked to me like he should be first pick when he was playing. What a stupid decision to make.

Totally agree thought his kicking at half time was very impressive :greengrin The women on her mobile was quite funny.

Keith_M
22-03-2010, 09:39 AM

It is, you obviously overslept at the weekend.

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2010, 09:40 AM
It is, you obviously overslept at the weekend.

:wink:

I'm confused.:wink:

BEEJ
22-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Apparently he is poor in the department of shouting at Bamba and nagging him to mark-up and keep in the shape of the back four.

And Stack is apparently a big personality in the dressing room. Part-time morale officer for the squad.

(All this from Yogi's press interviews and statements in recent weeks; except the bit about the morale officer - a bit of poetic licence.)

silverhibee
22-03-2010, 10:21 AM

It may be for some, but it aint over yet for me. C'Mon the Hibs.:notworthy:

Vince White
22-03-2010, 10:24 AM

Bit like the challenge he issued after the 5-1 win over Hamilton when he said he wanted them to make third place their own. It's been pretty much all downhill ever since!

Bristolhibby
22-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Bit like the challenge he issued after the 5-1 win over Hamilton when he said he wanted them to make third place their own. It's been pretty much all downhill ever since!

For me the slump started at about 12:20 on Saturday 26th December 2009 and has not (bar a few blips) changed since.

Before Christmas we amassed 31 points from a possible 45 over 15 games.

9 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats.

Since Christmas

15 points from a possible 39 over 13 games!

4 wins, 3 draws and 6 defeats.

That is an awful turnatround. More shocking that bar a few changes we have broadly the same team that started the season so well, and was pushing a split in the old firm.

Yogi did fine before Christmas, whats happening now?

Players need to man the *** up and play like we know they can. No excuses. A win tommorow is a must!!

J

Keith_M
23-03-2010, 09:11 PM
And that was number two, Yogi. How do you feel so far?

the_ginger_hibee
23-03-2010, 09:18 PM
And that was number two, Yogi. How do you feel so far?

I think its safe to say, if these 5 games define our season, we are currently looking at -

sea·son   [see-zuhn]
–noun
A complete pile of pish, go on a winless run against your rivals, get pumped out the easiest cup draw in years, and just have a general pish time of things.
Our seasons keek cause these 5 games define it, and they're total keek

Keith_M
04-04-2010, 03:41 PM
And that was number five. So our season, in Yogi's own words, was defined by the following games:

Hearts: Defeat - 1-2
Ross County: Defeat - 1-2
Falkirk: Win - 3-1
Dundee United: Defeat - 2-4
Celtic: Defeat - 0-1

Played 5: Won 1; Lost 4; Goals for 7; Goals against 10.

Mibbes Aye
04-04-2010, 04:25 PM
I think its safe to say, if these 5 games define our season, we are currently looking at -

sea·son   [see-zuhn]
–noun
A complete pile of pish, go on a winless run against your rivals, get pumped out the easiest cup draw in years, and just have a general pish time of things.
Our seasons keek cause these 5 games define it, and they're total keek

:tee hee: