PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion of Yogi?

Vince White
21-03-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm starting to have serious doubts about him myself but hope to be proved wrong.

18Craig75
21-03-2010, 05:15 PM
:yawn:

How predictable! Yes he needs to improve on a couple of things but don't we all! It's the players letting him down at the moment. What is he doing differently from when we were flying high? Nothing. He has always said we are miles away from where he wants to take us. Get a grip ffs.

There will be a lot of people out of Easter Road in the summer...Yogi wont be one of them!

Eaststand
21-03-2010, 05:19 PM

How predictable! Yes he needs to improve on a couple of things but don't we all! It's the players letting him down at the moment. What is he doing differently from when we were flying high? Nothing. He has always said we are miles away from where he wants to take us. Get a grip ffs.

There will be a lot of people out of Easter Road in the summer...Yogi wont be one of them!

We're all rightly very hacked off at the major drop in form from earlier on in the season, but we've still made some progress from last season.... we're a couple of points from 3rd in the league, and thats simply cos we won a lot of games earlier this season, and played some decent fitba too. Yogi got a lot out of the squad then, and he needs to keep trying to get the most out of them, and he needs to work harder at that....but there are one or two who cant seem to keep that pace up and they're now toiling.. Liam Miller and Zoomer looked top drawer, but for whatever reason, they just aint doing it anymore. Yogi inherited some very ordinary players, and he will get rid of them when another club comes in for them, OR when their contracts run out...that's the only way he can do it. Then he'll have freed up wages to let him bring in the correct standard of player with the skils and fighting spirit that we all expect to wear the jersey. I want us to win EVERY game we play, and I get hacked off when we play crap and/or get beat, BUT the nerves are jangling with some of our 'weaker' players, and they're the ones who will surely be clearing their lockers out in the Summer. Time is what Yogi needs, and if he gets that, I reckon we'll get a team that gives us the fight and displays that we all want and expect

GGTTH

Wembley67
21-03-2010, 05:21 PM

Is it the players? Surely its a combo of both. He doesnt put the right team on the park and is very tactically naive. The players can only play to their positions and I do not think yogi knows where he wants to play them.

When a manager first comes in, generally the players play out their skin but they can only do so much. If their is no motivation or are getting told bollocks then its not going to help them.

But after saying that I think we do need someone to be at the helm for quite a while e.g 5 years minimum so I will certainly not be calling for his head.

Thomson1875
21-03-2010, 05:26 PM
imo it takes more than a season to build a team, yogi has changed eveything about at the club since mixu. I feel his tactics can be pretty bad at times and subs. But i think he will beginto learn from his mistakes!

if he played our players in there best/natural positions and stopped messing the team around we`d be more successfull of recent in my opinion.

but still the right choice for me!

Pretty Boy
21-03-2010, 05:33 PM
I voted for another season, see where we are then and take it from there.

Unfortunately i feel this season which once promised so much is going to end on a bit of a low note, which would be a shame.

18Craig75
21-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Is it the players? Surely its a combo of both. He doesnt put the right team on the park and is very tactically naive. The players can only play to their positions and I do not think yogi knows where he wants to play them.

When a manager first comes in, generally the players play out their skin but they can only do so much. If their is no motivation or are getting told bollocks then its not going to help them.

But after saying that I think we do need someone to be at the helm for quite a while e.g 5 years minimum so I will certainly not be calling for his head.

Yogi is not perfect, I accept that. But it is more or less the same team & formation as it was a few months ago! The players are letting him down at the moment IMO.

Wembley67
21-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Yogi is not perfect, I accept that. But it is more or less the same team & formation as it was a few months ago! The players are letting him down at the moment IMO.

Aye, its the same formation and team that, opposition managers know exactly what is coming therefore counter it...yogi cant - at this moment.

PeterboroHibee
21-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Bit early to judge, hasnt even had a full season. There are still some areas of the team that are desperately in need of work, so hopefully that is sorted. It will be disappointing if we slip away considering how long we were in 3rd but at least its an improvement on last season.

There are a few things I do question about Yogi; substitutions, seems a bit stubborn at times with tactics (some of them seem quite obvious) and he wont keep a settled team (which effectively started with him harshly dropping Hanlon when Bamba came back). We need some strength and height in the team, people can argue against it but in this league its so clear when we struggle against teams who show a bit of fight.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
21-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Can't jump to conclusions yet, altho obviously yesterday was a shocker. Mixu never served up dross like that in a derby. Mixup maybe not as bad as we thought on reflection.:bitchy:

Eaststand
21-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Bit early to judge, hasnt even had a full season. There are still some areas of the team that are desperately in need of work, so hopefully that is sorted. It will be disappointing if we slip away considering how long we were in 3rd but at least its an improvement on last season.

There are a few things I do question about Yogi; substitutions, seems a bit stubborn at times with tactics (some of them seem quite obvious) and he wont keep a settled team (which effectively started with him harshly dropping Hanlon when Bamba came back). We need some strength and height in the team, people can argue against it but in this league its so clear when we struggle against teams who show a bit of fight.

I'll defo stand by Yogi and his backroom team and I reckon they'l get it sorted , but something that puzzles me is...we brought in another 2 keepers during the Jan window, and didn't let any go (even going out on loan to free a salary for an outfield player or two.....I can't help wondering about the economics of why we are paying 5 goalkeepers ...when we only have a senior squad of 28 players

PeterboroHibee
21-03-2010, 05:57 PM
I'll defo stand by Yogi and his backroom team and I reckon they'l get it sorted , but something that puzzles me is...we brought in another 2 keepers during the Jan window, and didn't let any go (even going out on loan to free a salary for an outfield player or two.....I can't help wondering about the economics of why we are paying 5 goalkeepers ...when we only have a senior squad of 28 players

I agree with that, during the transfer window would have been the perfect time to bring in a couple of necessary players that could have given us that little bit of an edge to really secure 3rd.

They were alright signings but not exactly what we needed imo; a loan and 2 keepers?

GreenBlade
21-03-2010, 06:05 PM

You telling us he was playing one up when we were "flying high". We were playing fast, accurate passing with players running into space looking for a return pass. Now it's a hoof up the park. So who took the decision to change the shape of the team?

Of course it's nonsense to think of dumping the manager but HE has to take some responsibility for the dip in form.

This forum is for fans to voice opinions no matter if YOU agree or not. We are in danger of finishing below Motherwell (no disrespect to them) so how can that be acceptable given their finances and squad resources?

BEEJ
21-03-2010, 06:15 PM
imo it takes more than a season to build a team, yogi has changed eveything about at the club since mixu. I feel his tactics can be pretty bad at times and subs. But i think he will begin to learn from his mistakes!
He was recruited as an experienced SPL manager. ER is not meant to be where he learns some of the fundamentals of the job. He's meant to be well up the learning curve already.

I voted that I'm beginning to have serious doubts. Sacking him is neither a realistic nor a feasible option and therefore should not even feature as a choice in a poll, IMHO. Yogi will be here next season and deserves the chance to keep working at it.

But that's all the more reason why we need him to learn quickly.

18Craig75
21-03-2010, 06:54 PM
You telling us he was playing one up when we were "flying high". We were playing fast, accurate passing with players running into space looking for a return pass. Now it's a hoof up the park. So who took the decision to change the shape of the team?

Of course it's nonsense to think of dumping the manager but HE has to take some responsibility for the dip in form.

This forum is for fans to voice opinions no matter if YOU agree or not. We are in danger of finishing below Motherwell (no disrespect to them) so how can that be acceptable given their finances and squad resources?

As I remember it was Stokes up front, Nish in behind, Zemamma right & Riordan left? Yesterday was Stokes up front, Miller in behind, Spoony right & Riordan left?

Do you think Yogi is telling the players to purposely hoof it? When we were winning everyone wanted the ball and was comfortable on it. Now it's like a hot tattie!

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm having a go, I just can't believe the stick Yogi has been taking recently! At the end of the day the buck stops with him so I agree he has to take some responsibility but I just think the players need to do more to help him out!

Here's hoping we get back to form asap!

Dunkin' Donut
21-03-2010, 08:01 PM
voted for 1st option - lets not kid ourselves and say we wouldnt have accepted this situation at the start of the season. thats not an excuse for our current form but look at the bigger picture and realise that we might actually achieve something this season, at this stage in previous seasons all we've had to play for is a top 6 spot.

joey1875
21-03-2010, 08:08 PM
still think yogi is doing well, we are in a bad run of form the now but we wouldn't have said no to challenging for third and still be in the scottish cup if it was offered to us at the start of the season.

:notworthy:

hibby4ever
21-03-2010, 08:14 PM
dont think anyone should put 100% blame on big yogi as a previous poster said what has yogi done any different from when we was flying high

the players seem to not have a care in the world and are just not wearing there hearts on there sleeves

i do have faith in big yogi and im sure he will give them a big boot up the backside if they dont start getting there fingers out

keep the faith :notworthy:

Hibby 2005
21-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Yogi was getting it right earlier in the season, making bold moves and showing tactical awareness at times - why has it all but vanished?
Recently he's looked riddled with doubt, shuffling the pack and throwing cards on the table in the hope of coming up trumps. He's made numerous player changes but little tactical or positional changes.
Riordan up front, Bamba in a defensive midfield position, Galbraith playing wide when Zemmama's injured, Wotherspoon in midfield with McCormack RB are all changes that would have improved the team but have either never been made or too seldom at times to have any effect.

IberianHibernian
21-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Can`t remember any games this season where I thought " what a great performance ! " but Yogi rightly got credit for getting results - it can`t all have been luck . Don`t think we were good then and don`t think we`re that bad now . We don`t have players who make us any better than rest of SPL ( even OF struggle a lot - all the replays and extra times Rangers have needed this season for example ) and 2 strikers who score a lot don`t seem to combine that well with rest of team for whatever reason . McLeish`s team had quality of Sauzee and Latapy , Mowbray`s and Collins` talent and team spirit of great group of youngsters and reality is that first Collins , then Mixu and now Hughes have been left with very little young talent or feeling for Hibs among players . Wotherspoon is good but would have struggled to play half as many games as he has 2 or 3 years ago and has no teammates from youth setup unlike Riordan , O`Connor etc when they came through together . More needs to be done to get some new young players into team and to improve team spirit .

sh00byd00
21-03-2010, 10:21 PM
It's his first season ffs. The way some people are banging on you'd think we were fighting relegation and out the SC.

You don't build successful teams by changing or hounding a manager out every God damn season.

All in all, it's been an improvement on last season and I'm happy with that at this stage in his tenure.

Yeah we got humped by our city neighbours, it happens and it will happen again, but ffs, cut the manager some slack.

whiskyhibby
21-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm starting to have serious doubts about him myself but hope to be proved wrong.

:jamboid::jamboid::jamboid:

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

Expecting Rain
22-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I`d like to see Yogi in charge next season, i don`t think he`s finished this season.

Hermit Crab
22-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Yogi maybe does need next season aswell to get things clicking in the right areas. I do however ask one thing of Yogi for Tuesday night. Please please please please play Riordan up top with Stokes and not out wide in left midfield,for me thats a lethal striking combination! :thumbsup:

khib70
22-03-2010, 10:07 AM
:jamboid::jamboid::jamboid:

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:
FFS! Can't we have a discussion about anything without anyone who doesn't toe the party line being accused of being a Yam? A third of those who've voted in this poll are harbouring serious doubts. Are they all yams??

People are entitled to their doubts. We've been poor most of the season and got away with it. Now we're not getting away with it. The paying customers are entitled to question the way the manager is doing his job.

And no, I'm not calling for Yogi's head. There are several things that need sorting out and it remains to be seen whether that'll happen. Ditching the manager at the drop of a hat is not a solution to anything.

Calling people yams is just classless and lazy.

hibee62
22-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Managers should be judged against where the talent in their squad lies. IMO, our squad is at worst the 4th best in the league (possibly 3rd). If Hughes fails to finish 4th or above it would be failure.

Having said that, this does not mean he should be sacked, one season finishing one or two places behind where we should be is fine, but he must get it right next season, 2 seasons of underachieving should result in his position being questioned.

Until the end of next season he MUST NOT be released unless we, god forbid, end up in real threat of relegation.

ahibby
22-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't like the way he makes loads of changes to accommodate one forced change. I guess because Hogg was out he decides to play Spooney in the middle were he has hardly played this season, Murray in the middle when he has been at his best on the left so far this season and bring Stevenson back in at left back. Why not just put Thicot in for Hogg and leave everyone else at the back where they have been playing for most of the season! Miller supporting Stokes is a joke and showed in our first half performance. Absolute nonsense of a set up but he has one saving grace in my view and that is we passed it around nicely in the middle but unfortunately for the longest part of the game we had the sum total of nothing as a threat up front. Get it sorted Yogi!

jacomo
22-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I remember Yogi bringing Falkirk to ER when Mowbray was in charge and doing a number on us. He managed to get that club promoted into the SPL and kept them there.

To say he has no tactical awareness is rubbish. I am as frustrated as anyone else about our current results but our manager has the credentials for the job.

Vince White
22-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Managers should be judged against where the talent in their squad lies. IMO, our squad is at worst the 4th best in the league (possibly 3rd). If Hughes fails to finish 4th or above it would be failure.

Having said that, this does not mean he should be sacked, one season finishing one or two places behind where we should be is fine, but he must get it right next season, 2 seasons of underachieving should result in his position being questioned.

Until the end of next season he MUST NOT be released unless we, god forbid, end up in real threat of relegation.

I'm inclined to agree, although we gave Jim Duffy a second season and he repaid the faith by getting us relegated. I'm not saying Yogi is as poor an SPL manager as Duffy was, but on current evidence you do worry about what would happen if we were to start next season in the form we're in at present.

hibee62
22-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm inclined to agree, although we gave Jim Duffy a second season and he repaid the faith by getting us relegated. I'm not saying Yogi is as poor an SPL manager as Duffy was, but on current evidence you do worry about what would happen if we were to start next season in the form we're in at present.

Hopefully the board would see that with 1 win from the 1st 12 games we would be in real threat of relegation and act. I honestly dont think that would happen though...

Also, with Duff Jimmy we were 2nd bottom at the end of his first season, we're nowhere near that just now...

Littlest Hobo
22-03-2010, 11:42 AM
The errors of Yogi's ways from my perpsective. :wink:

Wotherspoon - Needs to be played right midfield end of :agree:

Hanlon- Defo needs to be given a run at CH. :agree: with either Bamba or Hogg:agree:

Smith- Needs to be reinstated as our number 1 Goalie. Huge error made from Yogi by dropping him in the first place.:agree:

Bamba- would like to see him play just in front of the back four in a sort of craig rowcastle roll:agree:

Riorden- would like to see him him take it upon himself to switch flanks whenever he feels the need. Just to pester the oppo if nothing else.

Zemmama- would only use the wee man as a bit part player. Probably using him in the last twenty of a game were he can use his ability to skip by tired defenders.:agree:

Benji- Would mibee even drop Stokes and give the boy a wee run in the team as he can hold the ball up much better than the lazy Irishman and he's probably no that far off being capable of finishing to a similar standard.:agree:

Galbraith- would defo try him in the Riorden role once Derek had run out of puff. This guy is a match winner and what a huge mistake from Yogi not bringing the lad on at slimecastle. :agree:

Everyone's hurting bad at the minute and quite rightly so but if you had told me at the start of the season we'd be in the position we are now I'd have bitten yer hand off.

YOGI NEEDS MORE TIME. If he wre to do just some of the things I've mentioned above, I'd have no gripe whatsoever. :greengrin

WindyMiller
22-03-2010, 12:15 PM
FFS! Can't we have a discussion about anything without anyone who doesn't toe the party line being accused of being a Yam? A third of those who've voted in this poll are harbouring serious doubts. Are they all yams??

People are entitled to their doubts. We've been poor most of the season and got away with it. Now we're not getting away with it. The paying customers are entitled to question the way the manager is doing his job.

And no, I'm not calling for Yogi's head. There are several things that need sorting out and it remains to be seen whether that'll happen. Ditching the manager at the drop of a hat is not a solution to anything.

Where does it say that?

Vince White
22-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Where does it say that?

Of around 200 voters so far, over 60 are having doubts ie almost a third of voters. Not sure whether they're all 'serious' doubters but I know I am.

Sir David Gray
22-03-2010, 12:29 PM
There's no doubt that the honeymoon period is almost certainly over but it would be ridiculous to start questioning his position as manager just yet.

We need stability at the club because in two out of the last three seasons, we haven't finished with the same manager who started with us and our last two managers were with us for a combined total of just over two and a half years. That doesn't do anyone any good so we need to stick with Hughes for the time being and trust him to get things sorted in the summer.

Obviously if things haven't improved by the middle of next season then we may have to revisit the situation and ask some serious questions but we are miles away from that point at the moment.

I'm still of the belief that he knows what he's doing and that he knows what needs to be done in order to transform this team. Changing the culture and mentality of a club, which Hughes says he wants to do at Hibs, doesn't happen overnight. It takes a lot of time and patience, sometimes you'll bring in players that you think will do the trick but for one reason or another, it just doesn't work out.

Look at Alex Ferguson at Manchester Utd. He was appointed in 1986 and did practically nothing of any note in his first three years in charge and was even rumoured to be a couple of defeats away from being sacked, when he finally won the 1990 FA Cup.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Now I'm not for one moment suggesting that John Hughes is the next Sir Alex Ferguson, if he has even a fraction of the success that Ferguson has had then I will be delighted. However he needs time to build his own side and to bring in the characters that he keeps talking about.

popcorn
22-03-2010, 12:32 PM
imho i think him being a big hibee is turnung out to b a bad thing for us.lets his heart rule his head at times

marinello59
22-03-2010, 12:35 PM
imho i think him being a big hibee is turnung out to b a bad thing for us.lets his heart rule his head at times

Do you have any specific examples of that?

popcorn
22-03-2010, 12:40 PM
it just doesny work if u ask me

marinello59
22-03-2010, 12:41 PM
it just doesny work if u ask me

What doesn't?:confused:

popcorn
22-03-2010, 12:43 PM
having a supporter in charge.(at any club)

marinello59
22-03-2010, 12:48 PM
having a supporter in charge.(at any club)

Where is your evidence to back up your statement that Yogi has allowed his heart to rule his head whilst at Hibs. He may have made mistakes but I can't remember thinking at any point that he was acting recklessly because his affection for the club clouded his judgement.

popcorn
22-03-2010, 12:51 PM
just think it puts more pressure on him and the players.

Phil MaGlass
22-03-2010, 01:43 PM

as much as I agree with you on your last sentence,I cant agree totally(not like me eh)with your whole reasoning. He says we are miles away from where he wants us to be,what I dont get is how come we have been playing well at the beginning of the season,(weve had a good bit of luck on the way)unbeaten run,bags of goals,good/great defensive record and for the last 3months or so(and thats a looong time) it has all went pear shaped, we have been haunted with a non existent midfield and a defense that doesnae ken the difference between head and foot? Surley you can seee where fans are getting annoyed,there are also too many likenesses to the Mixu era for my liking,he couldnae get his midfield sorted oot either,or sort things oot that were staring him in the face,like when to make subs and the right ones,playing players ootae position....the list is endless,just have a peek at previous posts,not everyone can be wrong,just because were not the manager doesnt mean we cant see things are not working.

How is it, we have went from unbeatable to absolutely f,n stinkingly crap in such a short space of time.

whiskyhibby
22-03-2010, 02:11 PM

The point made is not 'classless or lazy' as you have made out but based on a rather crass poll which is either a hysterical over-reaction or is based upon another agenda, which when coupled with the OP being relatively new, suggest the latter rather the former. I am all for open debate but this has to be based on a reasoned viewpoint, this Manager and his team are the reason we are currently challenging for 3rd, having been there for most of the season and still with a chance of reaching the SC semi's, so forgive me if I see another agenda behind this...........................

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

Vince White
22-03-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't really buy the view that things will improve when Yogi has a summer 'clearout'. It's not like he's been working with a hand tied behind his back. He's been given what I would say is excellent leeway by the board to bring in a lot of players (Stack, Cregg, McBride, Galbraith, Miller, Stokes, Smith, Brown, Gow - did I miss any?) so he should surely shoulder some blame if these guys aren't working out. Collins and Mixu were also perceived to be restricted in the transfer market but if you look back they both brought in a lot of players. How many times can we keep calling for a 'clearout'? What we need is a manager who can spot a player and make him work for Hibs. I certainly think virtually all Yogi's signings look good on paper but in recent weeks they sure ain't living up to the billing many have given them as the 'best squad outwith the Old Firm'.

sh00byd00
22-03-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't really buy the view that things will improve when Yogi has a summer 'clearout'. It's not like he's been working with a hand tied behind his back. He's been given what I would say is excellent leeway by the board to bring in a lot of players (Stack, Cregg, McBride, Galbraith, Miller, Stokes, Smith, Brown, Gow - did I miss any?) so he should surely shoulder some blame if these guys aren't working out. Collins and Mixu were also perceived to be restricted in the transfer market but if you look back they both brought in a lot of players. How many times can we keep calling for a 'clearout'? What we need is a manager who can spot a player and make him work for Hibs. I certainly think virtually all Yogi's signings look good on paper but in recent weeks they sure ain't living up to the billing many have given them as the 'best squad outwith the Old Firm'.

Regardless of the players we brought in, i find it hard to believe that anyone expected us to go from chumps to champs in the space of a few months.

Seriously, who would you have at the helm? Face it, like players, managers that have all the requirements mentioned throughout this thread cost millions and are probably already managing a top team. The only decent manager currently managing a club in Scotland that fits the bill is Walter Smith. The rest are down South or managing abroad.

A little bit perspective goes a long way. Yogi, whilst still a little bit tactically naive, has improved our overall league form and has got us through to the latter stages of the SC. Yeah we've been up against poorer teams in the SC, but those ikle diddy teams have a habit of knocking SPL clubs out.

Changing managers every time something goes tits-up doesn't work, no matter how much cash you splash out, just look at Real Madrid. Managerially speaking, Yogi is still finding his feet so cut him some slack ffs.

It could be worse, we could have gotten someone like Mark McGhee.

marinello59
22-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Only 12% of voters in a seriously unscientific poll think he he definitely the wrong man for the job. Doesn't look like many agree withn the OP at all does it?

BEEJ
22-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Only 12% of voters in a seriously unscientific poll think he he definitely the wrong man for the job. Doesn't look like many agree withn the OP at all does it?
The OP would appear to have voted for 'Starting to have serious doubts' and nearly a third of the poll have voted similarly.

marinello59
22-03-2010, 06:20 PM
The OP would appear to have voted for 'Starting to have serious doubts' and nearly a third of the poll have voted similarly.

The third option says ,"Starting to have doubts". I can't see the word serious there, that would be an entirely different option.

Eaststand
22-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Regardless of the players we brought in, i find it hard to believe that anyone expected us to go from chumps to champs in the space of a few months.

Seriously, who would you have at the helm? Face it, like players, managers that have all the requirements mentioned throughout this thread cost millions and are probably already managing a top team. The only decent manager currently managing a club in Scotland that fits the bill is Walter Smith. The rest are down South or managing abroad.

A little bit perspective goes a long way. Yogi, whilst still a little bit tactically naive, has improved our overall league form and has got us through to the latter stages of the SC. Yeah we've been up against poorer teams in the SC, but those ikle diddy teams have a habit of knocking SPL clubs out.

Changing managers every time something goes tits-up doesn't work, no matter how much cash you splash out, just look at Real Madrid. Managerially speaking, Yogi is still finding his feet so cut him some slack ffs.

It could be worse, we could have gotten someone like Mark McGhee.

Good post that and I agree with you :top marks

GGTTH

Davy Mac
22-03-2010, 06:30 PM
The third option says ,"Starting to have doubts". I can't see the word serious there, that would be an entirely different option.

Nice one eagle eye.........:wink:

The devil is in the detail as they say....:greengrin

Riordans Boots
22-03-2010, 06:31 PM

Talk about kicking somebody when they are down :bitchy:

And we are playing a replay away from home this time tomorrow. I seriously doubt some fans loyalty. Christ if every Hibs fan gets on the bandwagon for Yogis head - then aye we are finished :boo hoo:

We should be for the manager and the team :notworthy:

BEEJ
22-03-2010, 06:46 PM
OK. But the OP had the word 'serious' in it.

Point is that the OP was not calling for Yogi's head. And only complete nutters would believe that to be a feasible option at this stage.

But a significant proportion, myself included, are beginning to question whether Yogi will show ultimately that he has the necessary qualities for the job.

Vince White
22-03-2010, 08:51 PM

To clarify, I voted for 'starting to have doubts'. In my opening post I stated that those doubts were serious, but they're still only doubts, which means I'm not yet at the stage where I think Yogi is the wrong man for the job and I hope very much he will prove me wrong to have doubted him.

I'd say, though, that if 12% already think he's the wrong man (even if some of them are yams) then that is actually quite a large percentage rather than 'not many.' On paper that's more than one in 10 Hibs fans who think we have the wrong man in place.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Still 100% behind Yogi. The man for the job, no question. However, we are not exactly on fire just now and we need a wee bit more than the boys done this and the boys done that. As much as he is publicly asking the players if they know what it means to be a Hibs player, he has to show what it means to be the Hibs manager. Not just cos of conections and boyhood idols and all that, but because outwith the OF, we are in the next level of big clubs and we are a big, big step up from Falkirk.

alfieboi75
22-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Tonight, I've voted for the first option as I do think he is the right man for the job despite the recent results. He needs to sort the team out, and stop being naive. Hopefully in the summer, he will find a proper leader for the team as I do think this is one of the weakness he has. Recognise full backs for both sides are needed as well, I don't rate Murray as a full back. In fact, I don't rate him as a first team starter....more of a squad member.....

Tomorrow night, I shall be crapping myself and I do hope the long drive down the road shall be a winning one for my fellow Hi Bees fans...

Let's hope our season shall be :thumbsup:

and not

:boo hoo:

Vince White
23-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I suspect many of us would now change our vote to option 4.

Sorry Yogi but too much was riding on that game. You and your team had to show more than that and it seems you just don't have what it takes.

Hibby 2005
23-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Deeply disturbed by our relegation form of late never mind the usual Cup fiasco.
Yogi has gone from hero to zero with unseemly haste and only has himself to blame. He has players, Riordan, Bamba, Miller, Stokes and Murray along with some of the finest young talent in the Scottish game which a Manager of ability would have been guided into a Cup SF and be sitting comfortably in the top 3.
I honestly don't think next season will see any improvement, as has been said many times already Yogi is not a rookie Manager anymore but certainly acts like one.