PDA

View Full Version : Ross County and Dundee Utd

Sammy7nil
21-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Two games to save the season.

Win both and it is Game on, lose both and the wailing will be heard in Moscow.

Personally I see NO reason why we cant win both, difficult yes impossible no Way.

We are about 5/1 to win both but about 8/1 to lose both

So come on lets start here lets get positive

Ross C 0 - Hibs 2
Hibs 3 D Utd 1

Speedway
21-03-2010, 03:07 PM

Personally I see NO reason why we cant win both, difficult yes impossible no Way.

Ross C 0 - Hibs 2
Hibs 3 D Utd 1

You see no reason? seriously?

Sammy7nil
21-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Why should we not beat a 1st Div side
and
We have a good home record

Lets be positive

IWasThere2016
21-03-2010, 03:10 PM
2 wins!?!

5 for and 1 against!?!

You having a laugh?

Sammy7nil
21-03-2010, 03:12 PM
2 wins!?!

5 for and 1 against!?!

You having a laugh?

Being positive :greengrin

whats the scores then ?

Vince White
21-03-2010, 03:24 PM

Ross C 0 - Hibs 2
Hibs 3 D Utd 1

Here's one good reason. We are playing utter rubbish, have been for weeks and confidence is clearly shot to pieces. Where's the sudden improvement going to come from?

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 03:26 PM
lets no forget the Falkirk game :greengrin

truehibernian
21-03-2010, 03:43 PM
If it is Hibernian Ladies we are fielding in these games then yeah, I would agree with those scorelines. If it's that shower yesterday including Yogi and Booboo, then nah..........two defeats, loads conceded, and more "no Hibs class" threads predicted :faf:

If we escape Dingwall with a win by the odd goal I will be utterly delighted at present. I would hope we win at Falkirk, but you can count us out now v Utd. They will wipe the floor with us. Better team, better balance, more presence, better tempo, midfielders just as tall but have far bigger hearts.

bobbyhibs1983
21-03-2010, 03:49 PM

what if its in the middle.e.g win one and lose one?:devil:

on recent weeks preformances/results i think we may win against ross couny and struggle against united

Sammy7nil
21-03-2010, 07:26 PM
As a Hibs fan I am always optimistic rightly or wrongly

If I am a realist We should be looking at 2 draws at best but remember we are
4th in our league several places above Ross County in terms of performance this season.

We have been to Ibrox and Parkhead had a win and a draw and Dingwall wont be more dificult than those two trips.

Our home record is good and we have enough about us to beat Dun Utd at home.

:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
21-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I've got a weird sense of optimism for the County game. Most people are writing us off and I hope County do to and start believing the victory is in the bag. However that could be complete bollox and they'll be pumped up more than ever because of their high chances:greengrin. I think we'll win though.

However, I think we should bend over in preparation for a right rogering off of UTD.

iwasthere1972
21-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I hope Yogi has printed out all these negative posts and handed copies to all the players who disgraced the good name of Hibernian FC at Tynecastle yesterday.

Fingers crossed that we get the right result in Dingwall on Tuesday otherwise I won't be logging on here again for fear of finding myself on the Forth Road Bridge on Wednesday morning with only my socks on.

C'mon the Hibs.

Yours truly

Happy Clapper

:notworthy: :notworthy:

GreenArmyyy!
21-03-2010, 07:53 PM
i was filled with complete and utter frustration over the lack of fight and guile from the team at the game yesterday and i was adamant that i was getting a refund for dingwall on tuesday night as i felt and still feel they dont deserve support right now, but the stone cold fact of the matter is that they need it, so fellow Hibees put all issues with the team aside and get behind the team 100% from the first whistle to the last and roar them onto Hampden! GGTTH!!:notworthy:

iwasthere1972
21-03-2010, 08:00 PM
I've got a weird sense of optimism for the County game. Most people are writing us off and I hope County do to and start believing the victory is in the bag. However that could be complete bollox and they'll be pumped up more than ever because of their high chances:greengrin. I think we'll win though.

However, I think we should bend over in preparation for a right rogering off of UTD.

:hilarious

Reminds me of the joke about two Aberdonian farmers walking through a field and they find a sheep with it's head stuck in a fence. Hector dropped his breeks and did the business. He then turned round to Dougal and said "go on man it's your turn" to which Dougal replied "Ah'll never get ma heid through that gap"

500miles
21-03-2010, 11:26 PM
We need to play the games our own way. We need to be patient to our build up play. If that means we pass it along the back four, and even back to the keeper simply to retain possession, then so be it. We must frustrate these teams and force them to break ranks to make space for ourselves to let the likes of Miller run into, and open up space between the CH and RB for Riordan to run into.

No doubt the "support" will have thier usual patience, and boo if we don't break at the first oppertunity.

Phil MaGlass
22-03-2010, 07:47 AM
we will be lucky to get a win against RC and we will get humped by United.
No fight,no steel, no bottle, no vision,no organization,no midfield,no chance.

Forza Fred
22-03-2010, 08:46 AM
I fancy us to beat Ross County in the dreaded penalty shoot out, and advance to the semi final.

We've got to put it together sometime and the semi against Celtic would be a good time to do it.

The cup dream will still be very much alive for us and St Mirren showed that Rangers are there for the taking, even if they didn' quite manage to do it themselves.

I refuse to give up on them.

JimBHibees
22-03-2010, 09:33 AM
I fancy us to beat Ross County in the dreaded penalty shoot out, and advance to the semi final.

We've got to put it together sometime and the semi against Celtic would be a good time to do it.

The cup dream will still be very much alive for us and St Mirren showed that Rangers are there for the taking, even if they didn' quite manage to do it themselves.

I refuse to give up on them.

Completely, one good win and the negativity will disappear. Tomorrow is a massive game for the club and hopefully a hard fought victory can see us through to the semi energising the rest of the season.

BEEJ
22-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Completely, one good win and the negativity will disappear. Tomorrow is a massive game for the club and hopefully a hard fought victory can see us through to the semi energising the rest of the season.
Do you really think that? Beating a non-SPL side at the second time of asking will wipe away any sense of outrage at recent performances, and Saturday in particular? I don't think so.

The match tomorrow is no more than a banana skin that we are desperate to avoid. A professional SPL side should go up there and do the business and progress to the next round. Not to do so will be hugely embarrassing.

There are no real plaudits to be gained from progressing to the semi-final of a cup competition when the draw has been the most favourable that I can recall in 38 years of supporting Hibs and when we have made heavy weather of moving through the rounds.

Vince White
22-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Do you really think that? Beating a non-SPL side at the second time of asking will wipe away any sense of outrage at recent performances, and Saturday in particular? I don't think so.

The match tomorrow is no more than a banana skin that we are desperate to avoid. A professional SPL side should go up there and do the business and progress to the next round. Not to do so will be hugely embarrassing.

There are no real plaudits to be gained from progressing to the semi-final of a cup competition when the draw has been the most favourable that I can recall in 38 years of supporting Hibs and when we have made heavy weather of moving through the rounds.

I was probably more embarrassed by Saturday's performance than I will be if we lose tomorrow. Hibs were a disgrace against Hearts. Defeat tomorrow would depressing but not unexpected.

The_Todd
22-03-2010, 05:28 PM
we can win both, no question. Doesn't mean we will, but we can. If United are so good and we're so bad how come they haven't actually pulled away from us?

Answer- because most of the SPL is so close anyone can beat anyone.

I'd prefer to go into games thinking we can win rather than give up the ghost.