PDA

View Full Version : Post of the weekend

Hamish
21-03-2010, 07:58 AM
We need to pay attention to what the manager is saying.

Hughes knew this was coming, he just thought it was going to arrive earlier than it did.

Copyright - Speedway.

lyonhibs
21-03-2010, 08:03 AM
You mean he KNEW that his players would turn in a spineless, disorganised and all-around inept performance, and he KNEW that he was going to stand on the touchline and do next to ***** all about it???

Well, using his clairvoyance, he should have done something about that state of affairs, shouldn't he??

That "performance" wasn't indicative of a "dip in form", more a complete abherration to the famous shirt these players have the priviledge of pulling on every day, but for which the vast majority of them appear to have very little, or indeed ***** all, regard or respect.

And I'm stone cold sober, have slept on it etc, and am still fuming that an injury ravaged, *****e Hearts team just beat us, primarily because they wanted it more.

BoltonHibee
21-03-2010, 08:12 AM
You mean he KNEW that his players would turn in a spineless, disorganised and all-around inept performance, and he KNEW that he was going to stand on the touchline and do next to ***** all about it???

Well, using his clairvoyance, he should have done something about that state of affairs, shouldn't he??

That "performance" wasn't indicative of a "dip in form", more a complete abherration to the famous shirt these players have the priviledge of pulling on every day, but for which the vast majority of them appear to have very little, or indeed ***** all, regard or respect.

And I'm stone cold sober, have slept on it etc, and am still fuming that an injury ravaged, *****e Hearts team just beat us, primarily because they wanted it more.

Now this IS the post of the week

Www1875hfc
21-03-2010, 08:20 AM

Absolutly spot on.
That result hurt yesterday,cause they are rank effin rotten,we made them look good as we go into freefall.No problem with the result,just glad it wasnt more.
Never mind yogi eh,you dont want to patronise the fans,how many more hits on the chin do we have to take?
We have been *****e for months,when was the last time we produced 90 minutes?

Expecting Rain
21-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Hibs went to tynie and won with a makeshift defence when Riordan scored the winner.
The most disappointing aspects of yesterdays game were the fact that there was a lack of shape, organisation and desire to get back into the game, particularly after going behind 2-0.
The good players in the side had given us a decent platform to build on but as the season has progressed a lot of players have lost a bit of form, unfortunately for Hibs it seems to have happened collectively.
Our season usually finishes in January and the fact that we are still competing for 3rd place and a chance to meet Celtic in the semi-final still offers us a lifeline, it is difficult to see a victory coming on tuesday but on the other hand an ugly, scruffy extra-time or penalties victory could revitalise all of our hopes for a decent finish.
Yes Yogi did predict difficult spells but he`ll have to reinforce the basic principals and ingredients required to win a game of football, he is not solely to blame, some of the more experienced players should start getting their acts together along with those who think they are better than they are.

lyonhibs
21-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Absolutly spot on.
That result hurt yesterday,cause they are rank effin rotten,we made them look good as we go into freefall.No problem with the result,just glad it wasnt more.
Never mind yogi eh,you dont want to patronise the fans,how many more hits on the chin do we have to take?
We have been *****e for months,when was the last time we produced 90 minutes?

:agree: :agree:

That's the thing, if Andy Driver or Gary Glen could finish their supper in a 1-on-1 situation, or if Suso Santana could finish at all, I shudder to think what the final score might have been.

So, Yogi, get it changed, get it sorted, try doing some training drills that actually involve keeping a hold of the ball for more than 2 seconds (honestly, what have we been practicing at training these past few weeks - "Pre-match High fiving rituals" and "Second touch is a tackle" practice :dunno:) and stop coming out with all this "honest, working class Leith man" syncophantic rubbish about "heart, desire and passion for the jersey".

Just because you're a Hibby and have a strong Leith twang to your voice doesn't make it any more acceptable that we've displayed precious little of any of the above in months. In fact, it probably makes it worse!!!

The fans can see where it's gone wrong, I suspect Ray Charles could see it, and more importantly other teams can see it. I hope Yogi sees it before Tuesday or else the hitherto promising season could unravel before our very eyes.

hibsbollah
21-03-2010, 08:47 AM
You've got to remember who was missing.

A returning Maka and Hogg should give some much needed stability to the back line:agree:

:I'm waiti

hibiedude
21-03-2010, 08:47 AM

best post I've read in ages :top marks

the reason we weren't given a dooing yeterday has nothing to do with yogi's inept management skills but more to do with the bad finishing of the yam strikers because let's not kid ourselves this could have been there pay back for the 7-0 hiding we gave them.

BEEJ
21-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Our season usually finishes in January and the fact that we are still competing for 3rd place and a chance to meet Celtic in the semi-final still offers us a lifeline, it is difficult to see a victory coming on tuesday but on the other hand an ugly, scruffy extra-time or penalties victory could revitalise all of our hopes for a decent finish.
You know things have really nose-dived when a marginal victory over a Division 1 side at the second time of asking has the possibility of being the one shaft of good news since the end of January. :rolleyes:

TheEastTerrace
21-03-2010, 08:55 AM

I could not agree more. This is the post of the weekend. I am still livid with that performance. Perhaps John 'man of the people' Hughes should take some of the posts made on here and show these passengers exactly how we feel today. Hurt, demoralised and angry is how I feel.

One Day Soon
21-03-2010, 09:00 AM
best post I've read in ages :top marks

the reason we weren't given a dooing yeterday has nothing to do with yogi's inept management skills but more to do with the bad finishing of the yam strikers because let's not kid ourselves this could have been there pay back for the 7-0 hiding we gave them.

Mostly correct except they would have to give us a 7-0 or greater doing at Easter Road to pay back. And they'll never do it.

TheBall'sRound
21-03-2010, 09:01 AM
It doesn't seem to matter who is playing for us, there is still a colossal blind spot when it comes to playing that mob. We've played them three times this season and on each occasion we've been hounded all over the park; closed down immediately regardless of where on the field it is; to the point where we are almost scared to play a pass to an open player and instead lump the ball down the throat of whatever nightclub bouncer happens to be playing centre half for them that day.

This bizarre behaviour is usually compounded by allowing them the same space that we have been denied because we seem to be allergic to putting a foot in (Murray excepted).

With the exception of the two Rangers defeats this pattern has repeated itself in every loss this season; most obviously in Perth and Hamilton.

The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome(?) It hasn't worked and without a decent lumbering wrecking crew of a centre forward (which is not what I'm advocating by the way) it WILL never work. So why persist with it?

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 09:15 AM
I could not agree more. This is the post of the weekend. I am still livid with that performance. Perhaps John 'man of the people' Hughes should take some of the posts made on here and show these passengers exactly how we feel today. Hurt, demoralised and angry is how I feel.

Yeah, they'll be crying all the way to their Bentleys. And the Yams must be crying with laughter at all the self flagellation going on over here.

If you're hurt by a football result, you've had a good life.

Toaods
21-03-2010, 09:38 AM
not the best post, but the best comment I heard whilst leaving Tynie yesterday was

"That was just like the Falkirk team he had last season. All we were missing was Higdon up front."

Expecting Rain
21-03-2010, 10:16 AM
You know things have really nose-dived when a marginal victory over a Division 1 side at the second time of asking has the possibility of being the one shaft of good news since the end of January. :rolleyes:

Beej, we won`t turn into Barcelona by beating Ross County, neither did Hearts after they beat Gretna in the final but what i`m saying is it might be a turning point in restoring confidence and getting back to winning ways, i think Yogi must have learned a lot about himself and the players recently, more so in the last couple of months, if he hasn`t then the season will have been wasted.There`s a lot of things you can pick Yogi up on but the players are no great help when they can`t even do the basics, irrespective of tactics, systems or formations.