PDA

View Full Version : is it worth the money

bighairyfaeleith
21-03-2010, 06:00 AM
Been thinking this morning about if I really want to keep giving hibs my hard earned cash for the rest of the season if performances continue like this.

I know you should support your team through thick and thin but watching this team is starting to depress me, I'm not sure I want to spend my free time watching this sort of football.

I can stand to lose, I'm a hibs fan, I'm used to that. What I can't stand is to watch us no longer pass the ball, no longer fight to get the ball back. What has happened to this team?

Yesterday, won't be my last hibs game this season, but I suspect I won't be at every game now either.

IWasThere2016
21-03-2010, 06:32 AM
I understand your view completely - cue derision from die Uberfannen!

For me it is the time and the not the cost of attending however..

I have other family things to do on a Saturday, and given I work hard I cherish the weekend - case in point being I've < 4 hours sleep and I'm off to golf in 30 mins. And because of the commitments I have, I missed the first 30 mins yesterday!

Without the hope of some things I'd expect to see at ER eg decent football, commitment, passing, touch, composure, goals, tactics, pace etc (we're devoid of most if not all of these just now) I too am wondering when I'll get back to see the Hibs.

The next chance is looking like a post-split game at Tanna or Perf (assuming they pip the Yams)

hibiedude
21-03-2010, 06:48 AM

I have other family things to do on a Saturday, and given I work hard I cherish the weekend - case in point being I've < 4 hours sleep and I'm off to golf in 30 mins. And because of the commitments I have, I missed the first 30 mins yesterday!

Without the hope of some things I'd expect to see at ER eg decent football, commitment, passing, touch, composure, goals, tactics, pace etc (we're devoid of most if not all of these just now) I too am wondering when I'll get back to see the Hibs.

The next chance is looking like a post-split game at Tanna or Perf (assuming they pip the Yams)

Great post because for years my family played second fiddle at the weekend due to my support for Hibs but glad to say thats over now thanks to Mixu.

Football is a hobby these days that fits around my family life, you'll get young lads on shortly telling us that were not true Hibs fans. :greengrin

Fife-Hibee
21-03-2010, 11:09 AM
I know where you are coming from. Im a season ticket holder and cant stand watching much more of this mince. Ive also been to most away games, perth and hamilton included. Apart from the odd game 'i dont think weve played that well this season, carried a lot of luck more than anything else. Time to get back to basics.. On a side note' did anyone notice Stack giving Yogi the up yours sign after lumping the ball back to their keeper for about the second or third time,just wondering if thats was what he was told to do. Didnt seem to happy about doing it..:grr:

matty_f
21-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Been thinking this morning about if I really want to keep giving hibs my hard earned cash for the rest of the season if performances continue like this.

I know you should support your team through thick and thin but watching this team is starting to depress me, I'm not sure I want to spend my free time watching this sort of football.

I can stand to lose, I'm a hibs fan, I'm used to that. What I can't stand is to watch us no longer pass the ball, no longer fight to get the ball back. What has happened to this team?

Yesterday, won't be my last hibs game this season, but I suspect I won't be at every game now either.

Hibs put the ticket money directly into the team. Any cut in that means less to spend on the team, means poorer standard.

I'd plea with you to keep going, and understand that building a team does not always happen overnight.:agree:

Gatecrasher
21-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Scottish football has been over priced for years and it feels worse when your team is *****, I don't go to many away games cos it's just not worth it any more

Hermit Crab
21-03-2010, 11:58 AM
I have not missed an away game all season but have missed 4 or 5 home games due to work, i have a season ticket but i am having second thoughts on whether to 1 Renew this next season. 2 Continue going to away games next season as the performances never get any better and the prices keep going up to rediculous highs. What got to me was being at Ibrox Perth then Motherwell in the space of 6 days paying a total of about £150-£200 in admission fees travel,food and drink etc and got absolute dross in return. No passion grit dig fight nothing, and im not prepared to keep paying good money that i work all month for to watch this season after season. Slate me if you want but its just my opinion i am fed up now.:grr:

lucky
21-03-2010, 12:02 PM
As someone who works away a lot. Spent last 6 days in London. Came home and went to PBS and now up in Aberdeen. I cherish my family time but I also like my me time. As such any game I can go to I do, Including Dingwall. Going to the game is more than the ressult. Yes its important but so is the laugh with your mates. So Hibs are playing poorly so what also what's new. If you want Barca style footie watch them. Me ill stick will going to watch the Hibees

seanraff07
21-03-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm 15 and i use the majority of the money i've got following Hibs as i'v only missed 3 games this season. And because of this it does piss me off when we are playing utter balls and show no desire, i can't see myself going to every game when i'm older but i will make the effort to get to as many as i can, but Scottish football is over priced for both Concessions and Adults considering what's on offer, and the prices are getting more and more each year.

Franck is God
21-03-2010, 03:33 PM
At times its not been great this season but if you don't go every week (at least to ER anyway) then it does mean less money to improve the squad and you'll miss it when we do eventually click and we see the master class of football we all crave.

I have left ER a good number of times this season pleased with what I've seen, our stadium is being completed in the summer, the club are about to launch a new payment scheme to get your ST which will make it far more affordable for everyone.

I have a good feeling that Easter Road next season is where all football fans are going to want to be!

hibs1875
21-03-2010, 04:33 PM
top thread ! :thumbsup:

I work hard every week to support the family and have a little left over to watch hibs (both home and away )

But i too am getting to the point of no return !

If i was to perform like that week in week out at work i'd be sacked

I understand it takes time to build a team and i support yogi 100% but over the last few weeks the performance of the team has been half hearted and its so demoralizing !

As a fan i dont mind my team losing (once in a while) as i know we can't win every game .And as long as the team give 100% and are seen trying !

But of late thiers been know effort or commitment from most of the players in the hibs shirt which is just soul destroying ! :dummytit:

But hey is it worth it offcourse it is :thumbsup:

I just drink more beer to knumb the pain :dizzy:

Yogi will come good in the end and sort them out :thumbsup:

Vince White
21-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I would say it is NOT worth the money at present. I'm long enough in the tooth to know that with supporting Hibs comes regular disappointment, but what I really find hard to accept is when you pay your money and don't at least get some fight from the players in return. If they look like they can't be bothered why should you turn over your cash to them?

Iggy Pope
21-03-2010, 05:30 PM

You would not need to be an uberfan to prefer watching the Hibs to playing golf.
Surely.
Dearie, dearie me.

Iggy Pope
21-03-2010, 05:34 PM
I would say it is NOT worth the money at present. I'm long enough in the tooth to know that with supporting Hibs comes regular disappointment, but what I really find hard to accept is when you pay your money and don't at least get some fight from the players in return. If they look like they can't be bothered why should you turn over your cash to them?

It can only be about money then Vince, old son.

I've been watching Hibs since 1971 and I think I've had maybe 10 seasons that I could call good.
Doesn't stop me though, or the people I can call friends and family that I go with.

Hibby Bairn
21-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Watched hibs for 30 years and I take my 2 boys now as well where we are all ST holders along with father in law. Bored, bored, bored.

The boys don't want to go now. They didn't even watch the game on tv yesterday. For the first time I had a 'couldn't care less' attitude after a derby.

All costs to much and there is too much of a gap now between the pay of those watching and those playing.

I don't think we'll be renewing which will be £700 less for hibs up front and we will just pick and choose games.

stubru59
21-03-2010, 06:19 PM
If we lose to Ross County its fair to say the season is more or less over.

Some will no doubt claim the contrary, but that's the proverbial head in the sand job. We are where we are because we lack players who can pass the ball to a team mate.

We lack much more, but no amount of whinging is going to sort that before the season is complete.

My only hope is that Hughes deals with the obvious coaching mistakes sooner rather than later.

18Craig75
21-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Personally get to every game I can. Although I don't have any family commitments or large bills to pay so I can completely understand people who don't go for those reasons.

I sometimes wonder why (I'll be at Dingwall on Tuesday) but I find that question normally gets answered when we have a 2-1 at Celtic Park, or 1-0 at Tynecastle. For every high there will be a low. It's the Hibs way.

Keep the faith!

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 06:48 PM
If we lose to Ross County its fair to say the season is more or less over.

Some will no doubt claim the contrary, but that's the proverbial head in the sand job. We are where we are because we lack players who can pass the ball to a team mate.

We lack much more, but no amount of whinging is going to sort that before the season is complete.

My only hope is that Hughes deals with the obvious coaching mistakes sooner rather than later.

:confused:

jdships
21-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Good and sensible thread bighairyfaeleith :thumbsup:

I am at the stage in my life now that my savings are dwindling and my health , while OK in general , is not up to sitting in cold & wet conditions.
This allied to what is on offer on the park is pushing me closer and closer to calling it a day on visits to ER.
Football is about entertainment and I cannot in my heart of hearts justify keeping on shelling out to watch SPL football.
The league set up , alone, doesn't lend itself to being entertaining with teams playing each other ,in some cases, six times a season
I intend , hopefully ,to take in one game when the new"East" is built just for "old time sake" but after 70 years I reckon that will be that
I will always remain a Hibby but it will be an "armchair" one from here on in :greengrin

:boo hoo:

Bob Box Fish
21-03-2010, 07:12 PM
I make it up for about six games a season I was there yesterday and at killie game the other week. Both games were piss poor and can't say I was entertained in either.

Big IF we beat Ross county I was going to go to the semi but not going to waste my money.

Also pay for my dads season ticket he too is fed up and not interested in renewing next season mainly because of the standard of performances at ER.

I've been to 5 Newcastle games, anfield and elland road also this season. Think I will just pick and choose what games I fancy for the rest of the season other than travel up for that rubbish.

Eaststand
21-03-2010, 07:21 PM

I am at the stage in my life now that my savings are dwindling and my health , while OK in general , is not up to sitting in cold & wet conditions.
This allied to what is on offer on the park is pushing me closer and closer to calling it a day on visits to ER.
Football is about entertainment and I cannot in my heart of hearts justify keeping on shelling out to watch SPL football.
The league set up , alone, doesn't lend itself to being entertaining with teams playing each other ,in some cases, six times a season
I intend , hopefully ,to take in one game when the new"East" is built just for "old time sake" but after 70 years I reckon that will be that
I will always remain a Hibby but it will be an "armchair" one from here on in :greengrin

There's a lot of very very good Hibbies on this thread who've supported Hibs for ages, and are considering if its all worth it..I'd not knock anyone who has to make that decision, and I've actually thought of it myself during the Bobby Wiliamson years...but I got over it.........yep, we're all at a low ebb after getting beat yesterday, and over the last couple of months the performances have been ***** mostly, BUT this is our club, and is a big big part of us all, and thats why we sit on Hibs.net on a Sunday night chatting about our club.
Yogi, you need to get it right, I've been told you read these pages...if so please make sure eveyone in our team knows what our club means to us, and if any of them can't hack it and give 100% when the pull on the green jersey, please ship them out to some nice wee job at another club where the expectations at the club might be less than ours are, and the under achievers , not trying too hard, but just going through the motions cheating another set of fans.

GGTTH

noseyhibby
21-03-2010, 07:33 PM
I now pick and choose my games, and have done so for the past 2 years since giving up my season ticket. Hibs give a poor return on a regular investment, and although I am a man of patience,there were only so many times I was prepared to walk away from ER shaking my head at what I had just witnessed. I want to be entertained and see my team give 100% effort. When effort itself is avoided by the majority of those in green and white, I despair and am angered to the point of refusing to spend my hard earned cash simply to go through the motions of watching my team. How can I be passionate when I, who earns far less,see young men earning unprecedented and much higher salaries so blase?:bitchy:

bighairyfaeleith
21-03-2010, 08:08 PM
At times its not been great this season but if you don't go every week (at least to ER anyway) then it does mean less money to improve the squad and you'll miss it when we do eventually click and we see the master class of football we all crave.

I have left ER a good number of times this season pleased with what I've seen, our stadium is being completed in the summer, the club are about to launch a new payment scheme to get your ST which will make it far more affordable for everyone.

I have a good feeling that Easter Road next season is where all football fans are going to want to be!

I agree with a lot of that, and I am looking forward to the east being completed, still a lot of good things going on at the club, but the performances on the pitch just aren't one of them. I really hope the team start performing again and we can have a good run in.

See what happens I suppose

son of haggart
21-03-2010, 09:52 PM

That's a real shame - but I agree with you about the league set up - I think back to the 18 team league of the old days - 17 home and away. The Rangers Celtic and derby games were huge ones, much anticipated. But now as you say in can be 6 times in a year and it diminishes their importance (and we are no closer really to breaking the oF dominance)

Something has to change

jgl07
22-03-2010, 02:44 PM
You would not need to be an uberfan to prefer watching the Hibs to playing golf.
Surely.
Dearie, dearie me.
I would prefer to watch Hearts than play golf!

Phil MaGlass
22-03-2010, 02:48 PM
I stopped watching Hibs in the last months of the Mixu era,and that is something I have never done in my whole life,I do see us going through a transition period,but being mince like we have been recently is not going to keep the punters coming to ER,and its not going to keep me happy,I honestly love watchin us win lose or draw when we play great,I can handle a defeat if we have put everything into it and played some silky fitba,entertainment is what I want for my money and a bleedin Scottish Cup.

noseyhibby
22-03-2010, 02:53 PM
,I honestly love watchin us win lose or draw when we play great,I can handle a defeat if we have put everything into it and played some silky fitba,entertainment is what I want for my money and a bleedin Scottish Cup.

I agree. talking of "bleedin scottish cup" All I can say is that my eyes have been bleeding watching us labour our way through this tournament.

Phil MaGlass
22-03-2010, 02:55 PM
YI BETTER GET YIR BANDAGES OOT COS ITS AW GONNAE START AGAIN AGAINST RC,BUGGER caps

The_Todd
22-03-2010, 07:38 PM
No SPL team is worth the extortionate amount of money the tickets cost these days, but then football fans aren't a logical breed.

Against my better judgement I'll be there for our next home game, and I'll love to hate every minute of it.

judas
22-03-2010, 07:59 PM

It isn't worth it, no.

I can take my family to the cinema, sit in a comfy reclining leather seat in a nice warm room with other civilised people.

I can then watch something that cost over £100 million to make, whilst sipping wine and eating chocolates. It will cost us all about £35 quid - in total.

Or I could sit in the freezing cold with only the warm breath of some angry salivating bird brained ringpiece behind me, spitting profanities over me and my family toward someone who can't even hear him.

Then I can spend 2 hours trying to digest the pie I could not wash down with bovril, because some dick kicked it over whilst gesticulating like a gibbon about how 'it was never a foul!'

The latter option will cost me about £60 to £80 quid. But that excludes the glossy advertising booklet - otherwise known as the matchday programme - in which every 4 pages or so we get to read about players favourite colours and see pictures of previous teams who were also pish.

Football is a rip off.

.Sean.
22-03-2010, 08:20 PM
To me, yes.

The elation of a win against Hearts or the OF far outweighs the disapointment and frustration I felt on saturday. Often after a dismal display i'll say ''Nah, **** that. Am I hell working my arse off all week to pay their undeserved, over-inflated wages'' but that's never the case. It's scary when I think of the money i've spent following the team this season. Season ticket and every away game bar the midweek ones in Perth and Glasgow. An extremely expensive hobby, funded on apprentice wages. My mates are the same.

When talking to folk who aren't as into football as myself, they don't understand why we do it every week, putting yourself through the motions for eleven overpaid men, a ball and a bit of grass. Even I struggle to explain to them why i do it.

I can't see myself not going to the game though. There's just no chance if I can attend the match I won't go. It's a strange addiction being a Hibby, isn't it?

So going back to the Bighairyfaeleith's question, it is worth the money, every single penny. Anyway, essay over :greengrin

ahibby
22-03-2010, 08:27 PM
This is my first season in quite a number of years with out a ST. I did go to all the home games at the start of the season and some away games but I am afraid with the recession n that I'd rather spend cautiously and try and get value for money. Not always possible when you know who tends to leave her purse at home whenever we go out but never mind. The game I have enjoyed most in the last two seasons was last season away to Hamilton on a cold winters midweek night when the pavements were covered in ice. Hamilton charged £5 entry for an adult and we filled the away end and won 1-0 in to the bargain. That was good value for money, maybe the away game this season at Motherwell (1-3) was pretty good but we still paid full £20 entry. I don't think I have seen enough to entice a return next season although I am quite curious about the new East Stand so you never know, I might just return a ST holder next season. Sad though that its a stand and not a manager and team that is making me consider a return to ST.

down the slope
22-03-2010, 09:25 PM
I got so wound up after the cup game i came on here to say i would not renew next season and i got dogs abuse with comments such as "best if you stay away" and "you won't be missed", oh but i will, if the likes of myself and a few thousand others think the same then ST could be down to 7k next season. With the new stand coming on stream it will be easier than ever to walk up to a game and that is what i will do whether the uber fans like it or not-nice of them to tell me how to spend my money!, surely it would be better to make the product on the park more attractive to punters rather than telling people to stay away. The ST numbers are crucial to our club and i think the low sales last close season were one of the factors in Mixu getting the bullet, ST sales are a blunt tool to use against the club but a very potent one especially with a new stand to pay for so lets hope for everyone sake results are turned round.

Vince White
22-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Surely.
Dearie, dearie me.

I'm not so sure about that. Now that I'm a bit older, I can see why other pursuits, be it golf, snooker, the cinema (or indeed playing football rather than watching it), could be seen as preferable to shelling out another £20-£25 to watch what is by and large a very poor product (and I mean the SPL in general not just Hibs). At least you have some sort of control over these activities. Even if you're rubbish at golf like me, you can have a laugh, use handicaps to even up the match etc, and as somebody else has pointed out a family trip to the cinema is a far less expensive, warmer, more civilised option. Few of these options will leave you depressed in the way watching football can, especially the way Hibs are playing just now.

Hibby Kay-Yay
22-03-2010, 09:47 PM
why not just wait until the football gets better and then come back? simples

The real question could be around supporting your team or turning up to watch pretty football...

jdships
22-03-2010, 09:58 PM
There's a lot of very very good Hibbies on this thread who've supported Hibs for ages, and are considering if its all worth it..I'd not knock anyone who has to make that decision, and I've actually thought of it myself during the Bobby Wiliamson years...but I got over it.........yep, we're all at a low ebb after getting beat yesterday, and over the last couple of months the performances have been ***** mostly, BUT this is our club, and is a big big part of us all, and thats why we sit on Hibs.net on a Sunday night chatting about our club.
Yogi, you need to get it right, I've been told you read these pages...if so please make sure eveyone in our team knows what our club means to us, and if any of them can't hack it and give 100% when the pull on the green jersey, please ship them out to some nice wee job at another club where the expectations at the club might be less than ours are, and the under achievers , not trying too hard, but just going through the motions cheating another set of fans.

GGTTH

You make some excellent points there.
I used to "hurt" when the teams I played for lost , I "hurt" when I had a crap game ,
Why ? Because, given the self belief I had as a young guy trying to make it in pro football , I had let myself down - never mind the fans .
As I have said before - after three years I found I wasn't as good as I thought I was and was "let go"
That didn't stop me believing in my own ability , while I was playing.
Was I wrong to take that attitude ?
I find it hard to accept the attitude of some young players I watch or on occasions speak to.:confused:

Son of Haggart
I think back to the 18 team league of the old days - 17 home and away. The Rangers Celtic and derby games were huge ones, much anticipated. But now as you say in can be 6 times in a year and it diminishes their importance (and we are no closer really to breaking the oF dominance)

Agree totally with all you write above. Scottish football as it stands is "going nowhere " !:thumbsup:
Someone somewhere has to sort this out before it is too late :rolleyes:

:flag:

The Old Brigade
22-03-2010, 10:27 PM
It isn't worth it, no.

I can take my family to the cinema, sit in a comfy reclining leather seat in a nice warm room with other civilised people.

The latter option will cost me about £60 to £80 quid. But that excludes the glossy advertising booklet - otherwise known as the matchday programme - in which every 4 pages or so we get to read about players favourite colours and see pictures of previous teams who were also pish.

Football is a rip off.

I think people willing to pay more for football precisely because (despite the best efforts of some clubs and authorities) does not offer a civilised (ie dull) experience. Though I fear that may have changed at ER now the East Stand has gone and the reports of the stewarding at the last 2 home games.

And no one forces one to buy programme, bring a newspaper/radio if you need something to divert your mind during game, as I realise can be needed in some of the more soulless stadia.

Ed De Gramo
22-03-2010, 10:30 PM
for me aye...

Saturdays (in particular) is for the fitba, bevvy and a banter about the match :thumbsup:

Even though it's a trek and a half going up to Dingwall tomorrow, I know win or lose it's money well spent

The Old Brigade
22-03-2010, 10:31 PM
I got so wound up after the cup game i came on here to say i would not renew next season and i got dogs abuse with comments such as "best if you stay away" and "you won't be missed", oh but i will, if the likes of myself and a few thousand others think the same then ST could be down to 7k next season. With the new stand coming on stream it will be easier than ever to walk up to a game and that is what i will do whether the uber fans like it or not-nice of them to tell me how to spend my money!,

Totally agree, could add that those who posted saying they were thinking of not renewing season tickets if the club take the line that they will tell stewards to force people to sit even at back of stand got similar abuse from the type of poster you are referring to.

IWasThere2016
23-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Surely.
Dearie, dearie me.

Dearie me - you read the post but cannae read! The golf's a SUNDAY morning :wink: at just after 7 am :wink: when do Hibs play at that time?

Try again. Just post some sense next time.

bighairyfaeleith
23-03-2010, 07:56 AM
for me aye...

Saturdays (in particular) is for the fitba, bevvy and a banter about the match :thumbsup:

Even though it's a trek and a half going up to Dingwall tomorrow, I know win or lose it's money well spent

That was always my opinion as well, but as I have gotten a bit older my priorities are starting to change and justifying saying no to other activities, manily family based, is getting difficult when you are not enjoying watching the football. Still enjoy a good bevy at the football, but those days are now every 2nd or 3rd game for me now so maybe for the time being I'll just go to those games. Don't think I can stand watching that lot sober again any time soon.

As i said earlier I really hope things improve, not even neccesarily the results, just the general effort being put in by the team.

Steve-O
23-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Hibs put the ticket money directly into the team. Any cut in that means less to spend on the team, means poorer standard.

I'd plea with you to keep going, and understand that building a team does not always happen overnight.:agree:

I see your point, but we could've said the same thing for about 35 years now...will the team ever be 'built'?

I have my doubts.

oregonhibby
23-03-2010, 08:03 AM
This is a life cycle thing, in my view. As supporters move from one stage of life to the next the Club needs an injection of new youth support, generally coming from the older generation. I am afraid with everything that my kids can and want to do today they have no interest in going to ER.

Conflicting interests and value for money (value being expressed in satisfaction of what is being offered not just by Hibs but Scottish Football in general) starts to draw one away despite the love for the Club.

Supporting Hibs is a marathon (44 years in my case) and you can guarantee that your love of the Club will be tested - even when the team is great - regularly. The older you get the more distant you start to become. With everything else on offer today which provide greater value and greater entertainment then something has to give.

These posts should be worrying for the Club because, despite the poor recent form, we are at the right part of the league - possibly an indictment of the whole of the league - and some fans are still disaffected.

matty_f
23-03-2010, 08:31 AM
I see your point, but we could've said the same thing for about 35 years now...will the team ever be 'built'?

I have my doubts.

Is any team ever built?

The trouble with a club like Hibs is that as soon as someone is relatively successful a bigger club comes in for them and then a new manager has to build his team.

We need to have a manager at the club for a good 4-6 years minimum to let them build a side and a culture at the football club. It can't happen in half a season and that's why it's wrong to pass judgement on the team and on Yogi already (IMHO).

One thing is for sure, the process of building a team will be much more difficult and much more prolonged if the people that can make it happen -i.e. the fans - stop going and providing the club with the revenue it needs.

bighairyfaeleith
23-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Is any team ever built?

The trouble with a club like Hibs is that as soon as someone is relatively successful a bigger club comes in for them and then a new manager has to build his team.

We need to have a manager at the club for a good 4-6 years minimum to let them build a side and a culture at the football club. It can't happen in half a season and that's why it's wrong to pass judgement on the team and on Yogi already (IMHO).

One thing is for sure, the process of building a team will be much more difficult and much more prolonged if the people that can make it happen -i.e. the fans - stop going and providing the club with the revenue it needs.

true, but in return for our money, should the team and the manager not at least put some effort in to the games?

down the slope
23-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Is any team ever built?

Hughes has had nine months and in my view we are back to where we were when he came in, i am all for giving someone a period of time to build a team but there has to be some sort of competence level set and for me it is just not there. In the short term i would have hoped to have seen some sort of basis of how we are going to set out the team and it's attitude but for me it's all a shambles, witness the fact we have four goalkeepers and no right back, what is that all about.

Antifa Hibs
23-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Worth the money..? No chance. Must be the only entertainment business in the world where a majority of punters come out disgruntled and unhappy, yet pay a fortune to go back the next week, then the week after that etc. We are the gullable ones and clubs are taking us for a ride...

I won't judge anyone who doesn't go these days, we're paying well over the odds to watch a really poor standard of fitba, a standard of fitba that should be half the price we are paying, there is next to no enjoyment in the stands aswell. At the same time fair play to us uberfans who go week in week out, paying £22 for the likes of Hamilton - Hibs and supporting our teams everyweek :wink:

IWasThere2016
23-03-2010, 09:53 AM

Which begs the question why the club consistently build new assets rather than lower prices (esp to kids) and build the fan base - thus improving the prospects of a larger support for the long term and larger revenues :wink:

IWasThere2016
23-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Hughes has had nine months and in my view we are back to where we were when he came in, i am all for giving someone a period of time to build a team but there has to be some sort of competence level set and for me it is just not there. In the short term i would have hoped to have seen some sort of basis of how we are going to set out the team and it's attitude but for me it's all a shambles, witness the fact we have four goalkeepers and no right back, what is that all about.

Quite!

Vince White
23-03-2010, 06:20 PM

Fingers crossed tonight will see a turnaround but I agree entirely with what you say. In fact I'd say we're now actually worse to watch than before Hughes came in and hence providing even less value for money.