PDA

View Full Version : Jumbo Jim's Comments

GloriousHibs
21-03-2010, 01:52 AM
See the gappit toothed one's thoughts on the game?

' Hibs should have been dead and buried, would have been a travesty if Hibs to get anything, score flattered them a bit'.

All adjectives that this ***** scrote would never use as manager of Kilmarnock but now feels particularly acceptable on his yam return. Fair play to him though, he had the same attitude in every game against Hibs right up to 6-2 the ***** bawbag.

My point is, when we do beat these ****in mutoids, fak the good grace, I fully expect language to reflect the importance of win and effrontery that these ***** unsighly mutants can compete with us on the same stage.

and

Gt it ***** sorted yogi, yer screaming shouting and abuse of players as some type of encouragement is ***** tiresome. what about picking the right ***** team from the whistle

vahibbie
21-03-2010, 03:36 AM

' Hibs should have been dead and buried, would have been a travesty if Hibs to get anything, score flattered them a bit'.

All adjectives that this ***** scrote would never use as manager of Kilmarnock but now feels particularly acceptable on his yam return. Fair play to him though, he had the same attitude in every game against Hibs right up to 6-2 the ***** bawbag.

My point is, when we do beat these ****in mutoids, fak the good grace, I fully expect language to reflect the importance of win and effrontery that these ***** unsighly mutants can compete with us on the same stage.

and

Gt it ***** sorted yogi, yer screaming shouting and abuse of players as some type of encouragement is ***** tiresome. what about picking the right ***** team from the whistle

His quotes are pretty much 100% correct.

sunshine1875
21-03-2010, 07:44 AM

and

I thought his comments were appropriate. He said it could have been three, four or five nil. Could have been a lot more than that and had they got a third or fourth, on yesterday's display, they could have got a few more. For a poor Hibs team, they were becoming unplayable, which is an extremely sad comment to make.

weonlywon6-2
21-03-2010, 08:01 AM

hard to disagree with jumbo jim,as much as i want to !!

hibiedude
21-03-2010, 08:12 AM
As everyone has said he called it 100% correct I can't see what your point is to be honest.

We are all frustrated after yesterday's farce

Aldo
21-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Got it spot on IMHO. Made a few gambles on players that paid off. His team played with passion and showed a desire to win.

Unlike us who for me showed nowt.

Black Kyle
21-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Without seeking to glorify JJ, he's only said what alot of us were thinking but didn't have the balls to say.

Sadly 100% spot on imo.

sh00byd00
21-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Yeah, i have to agree with the others. I know it sounds weird, but we were hammered 2-1 yesterday. Only their inept finishing made it look close. Had they had a decent striker we'd have been talking 4 or 5-1. All things considered i think we done well to come out with our goal difference still intact.

machibby
21-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Sadly jumbo has called it right, with a bit of luck we could have stollen a draw from a game that had ended 4 or 5 nil, but at the end of the day we were gash. I'm not a great fan of Nish, but with yogi's style of play and no Nish we had no chance up front. Fair play to Jumbo he could have said how crap we are right now.

Baldy Foghorn
21-03-2010, 02:48 PM

and

His quotes are not to my liking but they are 100% accurate

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Fat Jim knew what he was talking about im afraid.

matty_f
21-03-2010, 02:54 PM
His quotes are not to my liking but they are 100% accurate

:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Without seeking to glorify JJ, he's only said what alot of us were thinking but didn't have the balls to say.

Sadly 100% spot on imo.

Spot on. Before we scored, I texted my Jambo aquaintance in the opposite stand, to say that two nil flattered us, and at that point, I would have settled for us not conceding again, and not picking up any cards. The scoreline was 2-1, but all of us that were there could see that it could have been 5 or 6 nil.

Mikeystewart
21-03-2010, 05:36 PM

yeah agreed with pretty much everything he said from what i remember. We WHERE lucky not to get totally thumped

Hibbie0762
21-03-2010, 05:54 PM
The scoreline was 2-1, but all of us that were there could see that it could have been 5 or 6 nil.Aye, it could have been, but it wasn't. Despite Hibs' total ineptitude, the facts are that we gifted them two goals (after an opening period when we were probably playing the neater football), and while they pummelled us thereafter they never really looked like they would run up a cricket score. We grabbed one back near the end and actually had them hanging on whistling for the final whistle, which was pretty farcical - but then Derbies often have an element of farce.

It would have been a travesty if we had snatched a draw from that woeful display, but the fact that we almost did says as much about their quality (or rather lack of it) as it does ours. Gary Glen is no Robbo.

So Jumbo's comments are fair enough, and he is entitled to gloat as he has had to wait 10 years for a chance to do so. But as always the riposte to "we should have scored more" is "but you didn't because you weren't good enough to do that, were you?". As we know from Derbies passim, you get no points for missed chances.

We were awful yesterday, but we can improve. Their performance, on the other hand, was a season best. So while I am deeply gutted by the score, I can't say I was any more worried about a Yams resurgence on my way out of the PBS than I had been on my way in.

bongo'd
21-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Aye, it could have been, but it wasn't. Despite Hibs' total ineptitude, the facts are that we gifted them two goals (after an opening period when we were probably playing the neater football), and while they pummelled us thereafter they never really looked like they would run up a cricket score. We grabbed one back near the end and actually had them hanging on whistling for the final whistle, which was pretty farcical - but then Derbies often have an element of farce.

It would have been a travesty if we had snatched a draw from that woeful display, but the fact that we almost did says as much about their quality (or rather lack of it) as it does ours. Gary Glen is no Robbo.

So Jumbo's comments are fair enough, and he is entitled to gloat as he has had to wait 10 years for a chance to do so. But as always the riposte to "we should have scored more" is "but you didn't because you weren't good enough to do that, were you?". As we know from Derbies passim, you get no points for missed chances.

We were awful yesterday, but we can improve. Their performance, on the other hand, was a season best. So while I am deeply gutted by the score, I can't say I was any more worried about a Yams resurgence on my way out of the PBS than I had been on my way in.

I for one do not care a toss what they do, "season's best" or not. What concerns me is how we get out this rut? I don't see what or how we are getting out this mess, the last 6 or 7 games have proved that. Not wanting to "Yogi bash" here as I think he is the man to take us forward but he seems completely incapable of changing things when they clearly are not working.

As to us "improving". I have not seen this one little bit over the last few weeks. Many on here were crying out for us to play Thicot at RB (myself included I may add) but he ain't a RB. Wasn't the worst yesterday but got left exposed time and again by a Hearts team that, let's be honest, ain't very good. You could add Stevenson to that aswell.

If that was a conventional 442 from Yogi then god help us. Deek LM, as much as I love the guy!! Ain't gonna do the defensive duties required of that position. And finally, I think that Yogi still doesn't know his best line up and we are nearing April. Let's hope he can sort it out soon or I fear it may be a season of what could have been.

hibernator
21-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Sorry, but shots on target saved or sitters missed all go into the "if my Auntie had baws she'd be my uncle" category :hmmm:, by the same school of thought if our keeper reads the cross and organizes the deference the way he should (why did he go left for the second ?) and has a defender on Glen, we come away 0-1:cool2: and we would be here deriding their incapability to finish once again !!! FJJ is a tortured soul who has been on the end of several actual skelpings from the Green Machine :slipper:, we were poor but how could any one legislate for Albooya and Satsumas form yesterday, they are constantly pilloried by the Orcs are they not:dunno:, freak performance if not result :coffee:

judas
21-03-2010, 06:38 PM

and

Far as I am concerned he is right.

He got his team fired up and wiped the floor with us. We were lucky it was only 2.

Agree with your last para though. Sick of Yogis ranting nonsense about expecting more from the players. Unfortunately, its all he has though, there's nothing more in there.

Hibs have reached their highest point under Yogi.

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 06:39 PM
I for one do not care a toss what they do, "season's best" or not. What concerns me is how we get out this rut? I don't see what or how we are getting out this mess, the last 6 or 7 games have proved that. Not wanting to "Yogi bash" here as I think he is the man to take us forward but he seems completely incapable of changing things when they clearly are not working.

As to us "improving". I have not seen this one little bit over the last few weeks. Many on here were crying out for us to play Thicot at RB (myself included I may add) but he ain't a RB. Wasn't the worst yesterday but got left exposed time and again by a Hearts team that, let's be honest, ain't very good. You could add Stevenson to that aswell.

If that was a conventional 442 from Yogi then god help us. Deek LM, as much as I love the guy!! Ain't gonna do the defensive duties required of that position. And finally, I think that Yogi still doesn't know his best line up and we are nearing April. Let's hope he can sort it out soon or I fear it may be a season of what could have been.

That isn't a very strong case for Yogi. You've identified more flaws in his make up than strong points.

Hibbie0762
21-03-2010, 06:59 PM

If that was a conventional 442 from Yogi then god help us. Deek LM, as much as I love the guy!! Ain't gonna do the defensive duties required of that position. And finally, I think that Yogi still doesn't know his best line up and we are nearing April. Let's hope he can sort it out soon or I fear it may be a season of what could have been.I don't necessarily disagree with what you say, and I hope I didn't give the impression that I think all is well at ER - it clearly is not. Yogi clearly has quite a job on his hands, both motivational and organisational. Next big test comes on Tuesday.

But the thread was about the validity of JJ's comments and, as Hibernator has said much more succintly than I did, shots on target saved or sitters missed all go into the "if my Auntie had baws she'd be my uncle" category. So my point was that while I am worried about Hibs' current form - who wouldn't be - I am not much worried about any Yams' revival. I saw nothing yesterday to suggest to me that that is any likelier because they stuffed a very poor, unmotivated Hibs side 2-1.

bongo'd
21-03-2010, 09:16 PM
That isn't a very strong case for Yogi. You've identified more flaws in his make up than strong points.

Wasn't trying to defend Yogi or was I making a case for him (don't think many Hibs fans could at the moment. I want to see him given time though as changing managers every 18 months ain't gonna do us any good.

new malkyhib
21-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with what you say, and I hope I didn't give the impression that I think all is well at ER - it clearly is not. Yogi clearly has quite a job on his hands, both motivational and organisational. Next big test comes on Tuesday.

But the thread was about the validity of JJ's comments and, as Hibernator has said much more succintly than I did, shots on target saved or sitters missed all go into the "if my Auntie had baws she'd be my uncle" category. So my point was that while I am worried about Hibs' current form - who wouldn't be - I am not much worried about any Yams' revival. I saw nothing yesterday to suggest to me that that is any likelier because they stuffed a very poor, unmotivated Hibs side 2-1.

Good stuff 0762 - what worried me about Hughes is there seems to be no "Plan B"...

How we managed to keep it to 2-0 for so long was beyond me yesterday - although once Riordan scored I remarked to my brother if we put Galbraith on against the Oor Wullie lookalike at right back with the instruction to simply run at him and cross the ball into the box we might have stole a point - and in the process mugged them, and also sparked our whole season back into life...

Sadly we'll not know if that would've happened, as he seems reluctant/incapable/too stubborn(?) to change things around when things aren't going the team's way.

A bit like Mixup before him, and his radio interview after the game left me thinking the guy's in denial right now.

That said I think we'll win on Tuesday, but longer term I'm not sure if Yogi's the answer TBH.

J-C
21-03-2010, 09:19 PM

and

Remember that famous 7-0 win for us, well it could easily have been the other way round yesterday.

Bad Martini
21-03-2010, 09:19 PM

and

I thought Jeffries had lost his bawbaggery of late...evidently not.

As for yer post - spot on. :agree:

bongo'd
21-03-2010, 09:24 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with what you say, and I hope I didn't give the impression that I think all is well at ER - it clearly is not. Yogi clearly has quite a job on his hands, both motivational and organisational. Next big test comes on Tuesday.

Agree 100% mate. Jumbo Jim had every right to say what he did though as they could have pummelled us. If the boot was on the other foot we would be saying exactly the same (really wish it was!!).

What concerns me the most is the fact the players seem to always answer back to what he is telling them to do. He is the manager. If I told my gaffer how to do his job I am sure he would have something to say about it but as we all to readily know footballers are a law unto themselves!!

I actully think that Yogi being in the stand for the next 6 games may be a blessing in disguise.