PDA

View Full Version : Hibs reclaimed!

Thigh ar la
20-03-2010, 11:28 PM
We are the club! Not that bunch of fools today. Until they actually show us something worthwhile then we are the club...
They think the have it tough? Try playing for football you ****ing loosers...
You are the ones that have to prove something to us so read this you pathetic spineless lossers....
These guys have to work to earn a right to be in our hearts - for want of a better word!

truehibernian
20-03-2010, 11:30 PM
That you just back from the pub Derek :faf:

Thigh ar la
20-03-2010, 11:48 PM
That you just back from the pub Derek :faf:
Why is that so funny to you? Yes a bit extreme but its not really funny that supporting the tem i love has become a joke at times. Truly defeatist - exactly what we have to destroy....
I wish it was derek back from the pub mi amigo!

Thigh ar la
21-03-2010, 12:05 AM
and another thing... just give up now if you think there is omething charming about loosing! I for one cannot tolerate almost 30 years of the same excuse. we have the best set up almost in the SPL and if anyone spots those loosers out on the piss tonight then it should be reported. They should be crying in to a pillow.

Liberal Hibby
21-03-2010, 12:07 AM
and another thing... just give up now if you think there is omething charming about loosing! I for one cannot tolerate almost 30 years of the same excuse. we have the best set up almost in the SPL and if anyone spots those loosers out on the piss tonight then it should be reported. They should be crying in to a pillow.

Almost 30 years - what parallel universe have you been living in?

Thigh ar la
21-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Sorry man but given the fact that i am 40 years old and and have been following hibs for about 29 years then i aint living in a parallel universe! I have seen only two minor trophys delivered in that time despite many many fond memories of watching my beloved Hibernian F.C.

matty_f
21-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Sorry man but given the fact that i am 40 years old and and have been following hibs for about 29 years then i aint living in a parallel universe! I have seen only two minor trophys delivered in that time despite many many fond memories of watching my beloved Hibernian F.C.

:confused:

Pete
21-03-2010, 12:19 AM

You mean major trophies.:agree:

monktonharp
21-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Almost 30 years - what parallel universe have you been living in?:confused: why are you so confused at a guy just expressing his feelings? awrite,it's a bit late but hey,he is pissedoff and quite rightly venting his anger imho

Thigh ar la
21-03-2010, 12:33 AM
If we are going to debate whether they are major or minor then that is a whole new thread. Im sorry but they are NOT the Scottish Cup or the league so therefore they are both minor in comparison. We should now have our sights and attitudes etc much higher and unless that lot on the pitch can deliver then some have to be got rid of. Pure and simple....

JE89
21-03-2010, 12:44 AM

I'm 20 and Hibs have lifted 3 trophies in my life time :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 08:03 AM

Can anyone else smell it?

bighairyfaeleith
21-03-2010, 08:09 AM

yep sure can :jamboak:

Sandy
21-03-2010, 08:09 AM

Bit wiffy right enough, err - 1972 , 1991 & 2007

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 08:12 AM
yep sure can :jamboak:

Bit wiffy right enough, err - 1972 , 1991 & 2007

Think there's any chance they'll let us keep this one? I think it's cute and I'dlike to dress it up in a wee maroon blazer and take it for walks. We could all take turns at feeding it, and buy it a wee collar and maybe some chocolate treats to give it when it does tricks.

I get so upset when I see them getting tied up in that sack and thrown into the Union canal. There has to be another way.

A Jambo is for life, not just for derbies.

Sandy
21-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Think there's any chance they'll let us keep this one? I think it's cute and I'dlike to dress it up in a wee maroon blazer and take it for walks. We could all take turns at feeding it, and buy it a wee collar and maybe some chocolate treats to give it when it does tricks.

I get so upset when I see them getting tied up in that sack and thrown into the Union canal. There has to be another way.

A Jambo is for life, not just for derbies.

Can't agree with you on that bit FR, but the rest I do. We should keep this one, and on the odd occasion smack it on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Can't agree with you on that bit FR, but the rest I do. We should keep this one, and on the odd occasion smack it on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.:agree:

It needs our help. I think it has a lonely life in a flat in Wester Hailes, and its only pleasure is being allowed to go to the window to watch the boys and girls playing outside. It gets no love from its mother, and it doesn't know its father.

When its been very good its allowed to sit and watch the Tennents Sixes on telly, and is given a Gary Locke shaped chewy toy to while away the hours.

We can laugh, but it's no joke for this Yam and many others like it. 20p a day is enough to send it to school. A pound a day will buy it a new house. And a one off payment of a fiver will mean that it has fresh drinking water for the rest of its life.

Thigh ar la
21-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Right so just because you dont agree with me on some points then I am labelled as being a jambo! I am talking about the time that I started going to watch Hibs which was about 1980 so given the fact I would have been two in 1972 then i dont count that.
Anyway, if you want me to start listing my credentials as a Hibs fan then I find that pretty insulting..
The reason I say minor trophies is because I dare to dream that we can win the cup this year and maybe at some point in the future the league as well. Whether we like it or not these ARE the major trophies especially in a Scottish context and Hibs are one of the biggest clubs in Scotland we should be achieving far more. We are certainly going in the right direction off the park and the point i am making is that it seems to consistently be our defeatist attitude on the park that lets us down.

Sandy
21-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Right so just because you dont agree with me on some points then I am labelled as being a jambo! I am talking about the time that I started going to watch Hibs which was about 1980 so given the fact I would have been two in 1972 then i dont count that.
Anyway, if you want me to start listing my credentials as a Hibs fan then I find that pretty insulting..
The reason I say minor trophies is because I dare to dream that we can win the cup this year and maybe at some point in the future the league as well. Whether we like it or not these ARE the major trophies especially in a Scottish context and Hibs are one of the biggest clubs in Scotland we should be achieving far more. We are certainly going in the right direction off the park and the point i am making is that it seems to consistently be our defeatist attitude on the park that lets us down.

Now that's quality, just because you were only two the trophy doesn't count :faf::faf::faf:

Toaods
21-03-2010, 11:53 AM

looks like the club have been insulting you too....

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=1902005#post1902005 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=1902005#post1902005)

unless of course...:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Now that's quality, just because you were only two the trophy doesn't count :faf::faf::faf:

It would seem that the defendant's memory has some "black holes" in it. Particularly around about Saturdays.

looks like the club have been insulting you too....

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=1902005#post1902005 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=1902005#post1902005)

unless of course...:wink:

M'lud, may I submit exhibit 7062?

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2059546&postcount=3

I put it to the defendant that many of his posts on Hibs.net have a hint of the "yam on the windup". Perhaps he can enlighten us as to any positive comments he has posted regarding Hibernian Football Club?

truehibernian
21-03-2010, 12:04 PM
I have been supporting Hibs longer than that, like many on here. Seen some magic derby wins, some horrendous defeats. Frankly, because I love Hibernian, and I am so used to these kind of day after's, it's not something that lingers with me long. Calm down, take a deep breath, be constructive with the posts, and chill. If you are a Hearts fan in disguise, well done yesterday, enjoy, your team deserved it by far. If you are a Hibee, it can only get better if we win on Tuesday. As my son said to me yesterday.........."Dad, are you still angry at the result"............"Yeah son"............"Hey don't worry......at least we aren't Hearts fans" :greengrin Children do indeed have a knack of knowing just what to say to lift the gloom :thumbsup:

Thigh ar la
21-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Ok I think this has become pointless now really... My point was that I was not at the game in 1972 so in my living memory it is two trophies. And may I also add that I was there on both occasions and they were two of the happiest days of my life! I also remember singing sunshine on leith at the last one and thinking of many people I have known (sadly no longer here) who would have loved to have been there that day.
So now some of you have started researching my previous posts I find that a tad pathetic tbh. As I said, I do not need to justify my Hibs credentials to you and I think it highly unlikely that i would have spent 3 years or however long I have regsitered pretending to be hibs fan. That would be very sad indeed...
The last post was right, the reason I posted originally is because i am passionate about the club and I have an opinion just like all of you do.
If mine is different to yours then does that automatically make me a yam. i despise that club from their colour to the turgid style of football that they are so proud of.
So you are right, i will console myself with the fact that at least I am not a Hearts fan.

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Ok I think this has become pointless now really... My point was that I was not at the game in 1972 so in my living memory it is two trophies. And may I also add that I was there on both occasions and they were two of the happiest days of my life! I also remember singing sunshine on leith at the last one and thinking of many people I have known (sadly no longer here) who would have loved to have been there that day.
So now some of you have started researching my previous posts I find that a tad pathetic tbh. As I said, I do not need to justify my Hibs credentials to you and I think it highly unlikely that i would have spent 3 years or however long I have regsitered pretending to be hibs fan. That would be very sad indeed...
The last post was right, the reason I posted originally is because i am passionate about the club and I have an opinion just like all of you do.
If mine is different to yours then does that automatically make me a yam. i despise that club from their colour to the turgid style of football that they are so proud of.
So you are right, i will console myself with the fact that at least I am not a Hearts fan.

OK pal, you had an unfortunate turn of phrase with the "minor trophies" though. Can you see that might have had people smelling a rat?