PDA

View Full Version : Question Why do we

iwasthere1972
20-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Suffer in silence and put up with what's on offer and described as food at football grounds. Most of it I wouldn't subject my dog to if I had one. Utter ******.

Overpriced and about as nuroushing as an old mattress. £2.50 for a few chips today that felt and tasted like old wooden pegs. In fact they may have been pegs. £1.10 for a bag of crisps - now they are having a laugh at our expense.

To be honest I normally either have something to eat before going to the game or I pop a few veggie sausage rolls in my jacket for a half time scoff. On the odd occasion I do however buy something from these catering stands which clearly are not bound by the Advertising Standards Authority.

Boycott them until they can provide decent food at decent prices and stop ripping us off.

:grr: :grr:

Rant over.

One Day Soon
20-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Suffer in silence and put up with what's on offer and described as food at football grounds. Most of it I wouldn't subject my dog to if I had one. Utter ******.

Overpriced and about as nuroushing as an old mattress. £2.50 for a few chips today that felt and tasted like old wooden pegs. In fact they may have been pegs. £1.10 for a bag of crisps - now they are having a laugh at our expense.

To be honest I normally either have something to eat before going to the game or I pop a few veggie sausage rolls in my jacket for a half time scoff. On the odd occasion I do however buy something from these catering stands which clearly are not bound by the Advertising Standards Authority.

Boycott them until they can provide decent food at decent prices and stop ripping us off.

Rant over.

Um, ok. Most people have their minds on something a little more pressing this evening though.

iwasthere1972
20-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Um, ok. Most people have their minds on something a little more pressing this evening though.

What?

One Day Soon
20-03-2010, 10:52 PM
What?

What as in you don't understand the statement or what as in you don't know what else could be on their minds?

Steve-O
20-03-2010, 10:53 PM

Rant over.

It continues because greedy bassas who can't go without food for 2 hours continue to buy it at these inflated prices and seemingly don't care how crap it is.

If it wasn't selling, it wouldn't be there.

matty_f
20-03-2010, 10:56 PM
It continues because greedy bassas who can't go without food for 2 hours continue to buy it at these inflated prices and seemingly don't care how crap it is.

If it wasn't selling, it wouldn't be there.

:agree:

I have to say that I'll not buy anything from the kiosks at ER again until either the price drops or the quality increases.

The last Hibs Kids game I was at, I got 2 portions of (rank) chips, 2 Ribenas and a coffee and barely got change from a tenner.:bitchy:

Folk will continue to pay the prices and that's why they'll stay high.

iwasthere1972
20-03-2010, 11:03 PM
What as in you don't understand the statement or what as in you don't know what else could be on their minds?

Put it this way. There are so many threads about how badly we played today and how players don't have the passion needed to win games together with Yogi's management skills or lack of them etc that I thought I would change the subject and moan about the food instead. :wink:

If the subject has no interest to you then why bother replying.

seanraff07
21-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Put it this way. There are so many threads about how badly we played today and how players don't have the passion needed to win games together with Yogi's management skills or lack of them etc that I thought I would change the subject and moan about the food instead. :wink:

If the subject has no interest to you then why bother replying.

Well said, i'd rather read something ***** to do with Hearts rather than us for once.

s.a.m
21-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Part of a wider problem, I would say, of venues finding it acceptable to rip off their customers with over-priced, inedible garbage - and punters who are willing to be exploited. It's would be difficult to come up with even a handful of shopping centres, theme parks, family atttractions, sport venues where this isn't the case. For some reason, other countries seem to have avoided this trend - and though you can be fed rubbish at venues elsewhere, it's not the norm. Is it to do with venues washing their hands of responsibility for catering, and contracting it out? Maybe people just don't care enough about what we eat, to demand better?

Killiehibbie
21-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Food has been rubbish and overpriced ever since I can remember and ever since they started as far as I know. The only way to get them to do something about it is to leave them with the lot on the shelves for a few months. If that happens they either improve quality and cut prices or shut up shop.

cad
21-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I find it astonishing that they advertise a pie and a coffee /bovril for £3.70 and think its a bargain,