PDA

View Full Version : Is the Keeper the problem ?

HONG KONG PHOOEY
20-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Until the turn of the year (roughly) we had the best defence in the UK (ALONG WITH RANKERS AND LEEDS) and the wheels come off. We change the keeper (because Bamba needs someone to shout at him) and all of a sudden the defence are a joke. Is it a case of the defence not trusting the keeper ? or is it the keeper will not take responsability for anything?

selkirkhibee
20-03-2010, 08:05 PM
aye stack is prob,smith had great distribution,came for crosses ,off hi line quick.stack takes forever to get off line,his distribution is woeful,shot stoping good general reading of a situation dire,had a nightmare today.why did yogi drop smith?i would really like too know?is it because stack is one of yogis kind of guys?

truehibernian
20-03-2010, 08:07 PM
The 5-1 game at Perth was where the wheels came off. Whole side were poor, management included, and the tinkering with the side has never ceased. Players who should have been dropped were not, players who should have been in were not played. Players played constantly out of position, and players showing no courage or bottle. Disgruntled fans, booing, etc etc etc. This derby defeat really just puts the cherry on top of the lop sided bad tasting cake of late. It was coming, Hearts more than deserved it, and to be fair, they should have won by 4 or 5. Players don't just need a wake up call, they need told that their jobs now depend on it. Literally. Yogi said early in the season that he was having the young players do extra sessions. This now has to apply to the first team regulars, and those that complain............get sold/emptied. The team looks unfit, lacks desire, and also looks like they are on a diet of beer, vodka, rice cakes and ryvita. My 11 year old could put in a harder challenge than Miller and Co. Stein, Wallace, Shankly and Co would be turning in their graves if they saw these players prancing around like little ballerinas, scared of their shadow. And none would wait until 70/80 minutes before changing things. Hughes is fast getting found out as are the players.

thebakerboy
20-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Until the turn of the year (roughly) we had the best defence in the UK (ALONG WITH RANKERS AND LEEDS) and the wheels come off. We change the keeper (because Bamba needs someone to shout at him) and all of a sudden the defence are a joke. Is it a case of the defence not trusting the keeper ? or is it the keeper will not take responsability for anything?

Yes we changed the keeper from Maka to Smith (Stack was injured) and the wheels had already started to come off, Smith did not come in until January , so what is your point????????????:confused:

Andy74
20-03-2010, 08:15 PM

Eh, Stack was the one in goal when we had the good defensive record!

Hainan Hibs
20-03-2010, 08:16 PM
It all went downhill when we dropped Maka:agree:

:greengrin:devil:

Reaper
20-03-2010, 08:17 PM

No it's the manager he's a twat

HONG KONG PHOOEY
20-03-2010, 08:19 PM
He was but then injury hit. Did he come back and dominate ? No. He does not come for balls. Lately he has not commanded anything and today was a shocking choice to leave the ball to hit the post, and the defence did not trust him all day which nearly resulted in a few goals.

Bookkeeper
20-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Other than Smith for Stack and Hanlon for Stevenson, with Murray back to left back, I thought that was about our strongest side. But out of that side only Murray and Bamba (for all his faults) put themselves about physically. We all kid on about the 'Matty Jack Role' but it is a definite failing in this and recent Hibs teams. We never seem up for the fight and that has long been a problem. Even the most footballing of teams can look after themselves. I can't believe Yogi, for the sort of player he was, hasn't addressed this.

selkirkhibee
20-03-2010, 08:27 PM
right lets look at this this,stack played a handful of games did ok,never convincing in cross ball.smith came in best goalie for hibs for a long time .could not really fault him.stack in last 4 games has been shown for what he is a english league 2 goalie.why does he pump ball upfield to smallest midfield and strikeforce in the spl?hibs can only play ball on the ground we are too wee for high ball football.if we play like how we been we will be out cup and finish sixth in league.yogi has tinkered when nothing needed tinkered with.i think alot has too do with bamba and fitting things around him.but when he was away we were probably more solid.so if stack is in to suit bamba drop them both.bamba is not a ch holding mf yes so ffs yogi play him there and get stack to f...k

Hainan Hibs
20-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Other than Smith for Stack and Hanlon for Stevenson, with Murray back to left back, I thought that was about our strongest side. But out of that side only Murray and Bamba (for all his faults) put themselves about physically. We all kid on about the 'Matty Jack Role' but it is a definite failing in this and recent Hibs teams. We never seem up for the fight and that has long been a problem. Even the most footballing of teams can look after themselves. I can't believe Yogi, for the sort of player he was, hasn't addressed this.

We're that desperate for that role to be filled I'd quite happily have Matty Jack back in the team.

But....what's Rocastle up to these days? :greengrin:

Cod Boy
20-03-2010, 09:33 PM
lost 5.1 to st johnstone and smith got made a scapegoat so hughes could put his pal back in goal

Bookkeeper
20-03-2010, 09:35 PM
lost 5.1 to st johnstone and smith got made a scapegoat so hughes could put his pal back in goal

:agree: certainly appeared that way.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 09:49 PM

I cant believe the amount of ***** i'm reading on here these days.

Cod Boy
20-03-2010, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2395525]I cant believe the amount of ***** i'm reading on here these days.[/QUOT

whats your thoughts then

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2395525]I cant believe the amount of ***** i'm reading on here these days.[/QUOT

whats your thoughts then

Yogi told us why he picked him, and it was nothing to do with them being pals. If you are going to make things up, try and make it a little better than that.

Cod Boy
20-03-2010, 09:58 PM
not making things up. Just think smith was hard done by getting dropped after st johnstone game

Iain G
20-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Is it about time Mark Brown got a chance? :confused:

Franck Stanton
20-03-2010, 10:01 PM
in answer to the op question - todays defeat to an inferior team was most definately the keepers fault End of.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 10:01 PM
not making things up. Just think smith was hard done by getting dropped after st johnstone game

smith got made a scapegoat so hughes could put his pal back in goal

Have a wee read at what you posted, and tell me what you did not make up about that.

Andy74
20-03-2010, 10:02 PM

So why the crap about being mates. Make your point without that sort of pish.

selkirkhibee
20-03-2010, 10:03 PM

hey if bamba and stack communicate better it certainly doesent show.look stack is a ok goalie.but smith is a far more intelligent football wise goalie and should be back and yes i agree stack is only in team through the old pals act.

Andy74
20-03-2010, 10:04 PM
hey if bamba and stack communicate better it certainly doesent show.look stack is a ok goalie.but smith is a far more intelligent football wise goalie and should be back and yes i agree stack is only in team through the old pals act.

In what way are stack and Hughes old pals??

Cod Boy
20-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Is it about time Mark Brown got a chance? :confused:

yes why sign him otherwise

selkirkhibee
20-03-2010, 10:09 PM
In what way are stack and Hughes old pals??

andy obviously yogi favours him,to be honest he would not get in selkirk east of scotland team.yogi likes his character which i must say i do too.but at end of the day he ****ed up big time the day and has done in many games before.yes he is good at point blank saves,but as for the other attributes of a goalie he is poor

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 10:10 PM

So basically what you are saying is, Yogi wont play a better keeper, so is not playing his strongest side, because he's pals with Stack. As i have said a few times recently, i am seeing more and more ***** on here by the week.

selkirkhibee
20-03-2010, 10:14 PM
So basically what you are saying is, Yogi wont play a better keeper, so is not playing his strongest side, because he's pals with Stack. As i have said a few times recently, i am seeing more and more ***** on here by the week.

well bp hibs if yogi has a better keeper and he is not playing him in favour of stack does it not make u think he might just not be playing strongest team.by the way are u up every week?

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 10:16 PM
well bp hibs if yogi has a better keeper and he is not playing him in favour of stack does it not make u think he might just not be playing strongest team.by the way are u up every week?

Have you ever thought the manager might think Stacks his best keeper? Am i up what every week?

truehibernian
20-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Smith is the best keeper we have signed in the last 4 years. Brown is good too. Stack, for me, is very very mediocre and not anywhere near as good or commanding as Smith. Yogi has tinkered with the defence since Ibrox.......no continuity= no consistency=no teamwork=no communication=loads of defeats. Rocket science football aint eh. Since Perth we have had three different right backs, two different left backs, four different centre half pairings and two different keepers. Great eh :bitchy:

selkirkhibee
20-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Have you ever thought the manager might think Stacks his best keeper? Am i up what every week?

well do u go to games?if yogi thinks stack is best keeper he must be pished,bp do u think he is best keeper?do u think a long ball punt is suited to smallest midfield and strike force in spl?i am interested to know.he is a good shot shot stopper i agree and that is that.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 10:25 PM
well do u go to games?if yogi thinks stack is best keeper he must be pished,bp do u think he is best keeper?do u think a long ball punt is suited to smallest midfield and strike force in spl?i am interested to know.he is a good shot shot stopper i agree and that is that.

Just had a count up of the games i have been to this season. 2 friendlies, and 14 league games. I think he's as good as Smith, Yogi does also, perhaps i'm pished too.:bitchy:

selkirkhibee
20-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Just had a count up of the games i have been to this season. 2 friendlies, and 14 league games. I think he's as good as Smith, Yogi does also, perhaps i'm pished too.:bitchy:

so u think he played well today?

selkirkhibee
20-03-2010, 10:29 PM

truehibernian i totally agree with u the guy has not put a foot wrong,and he gets ball back inplay quick,to a hibs player.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 10:31 PM

No, i thought he was poor, whats that got to do though, with the blatant lie you said about yogi playing his pals over better keepers?

selkirkhibee
20-03-2010, 10:46 PM
No, i thought he was poor, whats that got to do though, with the blatant lie you said about yogi playing his pals over better keepers?

oh bp how was it it a blatant lie?is everything on here cut in stone?is a forum not about an individuals view?do u think stack is a good goalie ?do u think he cost us game today?simple question simple answer?

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 10:53 PM
oh bp how was it it a blatant lie?is everything on here cut in stone?is a forum not about an individuals view?do u think stack is a good goalie ?do u think he cost us game today?simple question simple answer?

I think he's an improvent on Maka, and has been decent since he signed. Until today, he has not let in any goals like maka used to. As for your quote about Yogi's pal, you made it up, didnt you,so its a complete lie.

matty_f
20-03-2010, 10:58 PM
I have to say that I've read and contributed some utter pish on these forums over the years, but some of the drivel on here takes the biscuit.

Stack's gone from being a steady, reliable goalkeeper to the worst at the club and only playing because he's 'Yogi's pal' in the space of a game.

Jesus wept.

bigjay
20-03-2010, 10:58 PM
i maybe a jambo/yam but we allthought that smith was the best talker out of all your keepers. he might shout/scream like a bitch but you could always hear him.

matty_f
20-03-2010, 10:59 PM
i maybe a jambo/yam but we allthought that smith was the best talker out of all your keepers. He might shout/scream like a bitch but you could always hear him.

gtf.

bigjay
20-03-2010, 11:01 PM
gtf.
stalker.!!!!!!!!!

seanraff07
21-03-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't think it's been the keepers that have been the problem (apart from today).. but it's actually been the return of Bamba that has been the problem IMO. If it wasn't for Bamba then Smith would still be in goals aswell, which he should be as he didn't do anything wrong.

PISTOL1875
21-03-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't think it's been the keepers that have been the problem (apart from today).. but it's actually been the return of Bamba that has been the problem IMO. If it wasn't for Bamba then Smith would still be in goals aswell, which he should be as he didn't do anything wrong.

Stack has got a problem which was first seen in the 1-0 defeat by Celtic at ER.. He doesn't seem interested to come off his line and collect the ball.. My view is that , Smith is the best keeper and he should have the gloves...

The return of Bamba has been a major factor in our demise.. For the simple reason , the guy is a bomescare at the back..When he was away at the AFC , Hanlon was brilliant in his place and the defence went to pot when he returned... Get him into midfield to add more of a physical presence and away from the defence.....

seanraff07
21-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Stack has got a problem which was first seen in the 1-0 defeat by Celtic at ER.. He doesn't seem interested to come off his line and collect the ball.. My view is that , Smith is the best keeper and he should have the gloves...

The return of Bamba has been a major factor in our demise.. For the simple reason , the guy is a bomescare at the back..When he was away at the AFC , Hanlon was brilliant in his place and the defence went to pot when he returned... Get him into midfield to add more of a physical presence and away from the defence.....

Yep Smith does demand his area an awful lot more than Stack does and will come off his line a lot more but not to the stage where he comes charging out for balls that he's never going to make like Maka does.

We shouldn't be setting out the team as to how Bamba suits it or else you may aswell just make him player/manager. I thought Bamba was great before he left for the AFC but since returning he has been pretty dire. It can be doing much help to Hanlon's confidence considering he's been excellent every time he has bee given the opportunity in the team but then gets dropped when Bamba can play. Get Bamba in midfield to get a bit of height and physicality about us and play Hanlon CB allowing Murray to go back to LB, IMO where he plays best.