PDA

View Full Version : Good things from today?

Crab apple
20-03-2010, 07:48 PM
We only got beat 2-1 - it could have been a lot worse.

Dundee Utd didn't win.

We have a chance to get back on track as early as Tuesday at Dingwall.

I'm struggling to think of much else.

fatbloke
20-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Many players would give YOGI an insight into their futures - which for a few may not be in green and white.

noseyhibby
20-03-2010, 07:51 PM

Dundee Utd didn't win.

I agree. I said in a previous post that I'd be happy to see us lose to the jambos and win the Ross County replay. The Ross County game is bigger and far more important.

Craig_in_Prague
We play in Green and White and not that absolutely bogging colour maroon?

We're still 7 pts above them, with a game in hand, still have Scottish cup interest?

Oh yeah, and we don't play in a pathetic pink bus shelter which we can't even afford to improve.

GGTTH

:flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
That it should now be obvious to everyone, that we need a proper pair of full backs and not yet another set of make and do's.

greenlex
20-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Buzz launching balls at the Yams at half time during the warm up. Thats it.
Maybe Thicot at Right Back.

Westie1875
20-03-2010, 08:01 PM
We play in Green and White and not that absolutely bogging colour maroon?

We're still 7 pts above them, with a game in hand, still have Scottish cup interest?

Oh yeah, and we don't play in a pathetic pink bus shelter which we can't even afford to improve.

GGTTH

:flag:

Today was the first time I'd been there in a couple of seasons, I'd forgotten just how much of a filthy dump it actually is. Makes you proud of what Hibs are doing at the moment with our stadium.

Buzz launching balls at the Yams at half time during the warm up.

I did get a wee laugh at that. :wink:

hibbie02
20-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Buzz launching balls at the Yams at half time during the warm up. Thats it.
Maybe Thicot at Right Back.

Which bit of Right back don't you understand??? In fact which bit of Right back does Thicot understand. He is a Centre Half or Holding Mid, not an RB. He made Spoony look like a natural RB! :confused:

iwasthere1972
20-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Only positive from today is that I got home in plenty of time to put my washing out and get it dry. :agree:

truehibernian
20-03-2010, 09:17 PM
It's still always a joy to be a Hibee :agree:

greenlex
20-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Which bit of Right back don't you understand??? In fact which bit of Right back does Thicot understand. He is a Centre Half or Holding Mid, not an RB. He made Spoony look like a natural RB! :confused:
Ok enlightened one what exactly did he not do that was required?

geordielad
20-03-2010, 09:48 PM
sorry but if thats your positives from today i truly wonder about u? outplayed outfought and u think its ok

Andy74
20-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Thicot was a positive. Can't think of much else.

Crab apple
20-03-2010, 10:09 PM
sorry but if thats your positives from today i truly wonder about u? outplayed outfought and u think its ok

Probably best that you read the post slowly before posting. Nobody is saying today was okay.

Liberal Hibby
20-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Thicot was a positive. Can't think of much else.

St Johnstone lost making it more unlikely they hit the top six. I think we're more likely to get something v Hearts at ER than we are v the Saints.

Crab apple
20-03-2010, 10:22 PM

And over two years since your last post, which coincidentally was the last time prior to today that the ****bos won a league derby.

IberianHibernian
20-03-2010, 11:20 PM
If we only lose by one goal away from home against a team who look like making top 6 on a day when the whole team was terrible then I suppose we could think we can`t be too far from returning to autumn 2009 results . Every time we play Hearts and don`t win there`s great analysis on hibs.net but hopefully Yogi and his team do this every week whoever opposition and whatever result to try and better things . We were very bad at Tynecastle ( probably worst performance of season ) but have been very bad in lots of other matches too . Games like Ross County and Dundee United on 31st are more important than Derby .

Baader
20-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Bigger picture and it's not too bad.

As for that 90 minutes, I think the positive we can take is that we know we need some new faces for certain positions...

davym7062
21-03-2010, 12:29 AM
the final whistle was the only good thing today:agree:

Dunbar Hibee
21-03-2010, 12:50 AM
the final whistle was the only good thing today:agree:

:rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
21-03-2010, 01:36 AM
IMHO only Thicot, Nid and Deeks would get pass marks.

The_Horde
21-03-2010, 01:41 AM
I got a free pie. :greengrin

bob12345
21-03-2010, 03:56 AM
Personally I quite enjoyed the Harry Potter marathon on TV. Full of the fighting spirit we lacked and he always looked likely to create the little bit of magic required.

weonlywon6-2
21-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Many players would give YOGI an insight into their futures - which for a few may not be in green and white.

what i dont really get about this season is we were not fantastic or anything early on but were decent enough,hard to beat and scored a few goals and picked up some good results.

now week in week out we are terrible.why?

can we not just have a bad game and pick up again. we have enough hibs supporters playing in the team who will feel as much as us fans do about what is going on but it isnt changing.

yogi,did seem like the man to go forward and achieve things but now the wheels are well and truly of the bandwagon.

craig brown,mcinnes and houton have all achieved pretty amazing results and consistency from players we have never heard of, so why cant we produce with arguably better players ???

we really need to win against ross county on tuesday or the knives will be out for yogi

surreyhibbie
21-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Best thing about today?

All the Yamfuds are back to thinking all is rosy in their ****heap of a garden, their heads go firmly back in the sand and the mad one continues to roger their once-proud club into oblivion.

How's that?:wink:

Expecting Rain
21-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Thicot had a mixed bag of a game yesterday but that is probably down to the fact he`s been sitting on the bench most of the season, wondering how bad some players have to be before he gets his game, i think he deserves a wee run in the team as others have been afforded that luxury, i don`t know if he is good enough and certainly wouldn`t judge him on yesterday.

Jones28
21-03-2010, 09:15 AM

LTYC? :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 09:18 AM

Dundee Utd didn't win.

Yes these would be positives if the team wasn't in freefall. At the moment, watching Hibs is like watching a blind man trying to cross the M8. It's not a question of "if", but "when".

Seriously, what have we seen that makes anyone think we can pick up again. The manager keeps getting his tactics wrong. The players seem to have lost faith in the manager, and the fans have given up on both.

How do we fix it?

BEEJ
21-03-2010, 09:29 AM
craig brown,mcinnes and houton have all achieved pretty amazing results and consistency from players we have never heard of, so why cant we produce with arguably better players ???
Spot on! :top marks

Talk of summer clearouts at ER is missing the main point.

Thicot had a mixed bag of a game yesterday but that is probably down to the fact he`s been sitting on the bench most of the season, wondering how bad some players have to be before he gets his game, i think he deserves a wee run in the team as others have been afforded that luxury, i don`t know if he is good enough and certainly wouldn`t judge him on yesterday.
Agreed. :agree:

Seriously, what have we seen that makes anyone think we can pick up again. The manager keeps getting his tactics wrong. The players seem to have lost faith in the manager, and the fans have given up on both.
Sadly true.

green.and.white
21-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Personally I quite enjoyed the Harry Potter marathon on TV. Full of the fighting spirit we lacked and he always looked likely to create the little bit of magic required.

Yogi, sign him up!

Iggy Pope
21-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Ok enlightened one what exactly did he not do that was required?

He runs like his shorts are full of crap for a start.

I'm enlightened enough to know that you need a bit of pace at full-back. Stack was getting pelters for not playing it short to him, but I could see why he was reluctant to.
He got done upside down against Raith Rovers in an (abandoned) pre-season friendly and I thought at the time I'd be happy not to see him defend for us again.

Iggy Pope
21-03-2010, 04:25 PM
IMHO only Thicot, Nid and Deeks would get pass marks.

I recall on another thread that you don't go to derbies.

And obviously still don't.

Murray was as pish as the rest and Thicot - see above.
Half the back 4 get pass marks? I was scared to look at them.

greenlex
21-03-2010, 04:28 PM

I'm enlightened enough to know that you need a bit of pace at full-back. Stack was getting pelters for not playing it short to him, but I could see why he was reluctant to.
He got done upside down against Raith Rovers in an (abandoned) pre-season friendly and I thought at the time I'd be happy not to see him defend for us again.

So based on 45 mins at Raith on a ****ty rain sodden night he was pish yesterday?
His shorts dont appear to be the only thing thats full of crap.

Iggy Pope
21-03-2010, 04:43 PM
So based on 45 mins at Raith on a ****ty rain sodden night he was pish yesterday?
His shorts dont appear to be the only thing thats full of crap.

Settle.
Based on yesterday he was pish yesterday fool.

greenlex
21-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Settle.
Based on yesterday he was pish yesterday fool.
So what did he do wrong yesterday then?
Try answering the original question you quoted instead of dragging up 45 mins where not one player got pass marks. Try doing that instead of trying to be clever. I would be interested in your thoughts.
I am no ones fool and particularly not yours.

IWasThere2016
21-03-2010, 07:16 PM
I recall on another thread that you don't go to derbies.

And obviously still don't.

Murray was as pish as the rest and Thicot - see above.
Half the back 4 get pass marks? I was scared to look at them.

Aye - that's opinions for ye :wink:

TheMentalHibees
21-03-2010, 07:29 PM
A positive, erm...... I sat in the Hearts end and managed not to get lynched.

Iggy Pope
21-03-2010, 07:44 PM
So what did he do wrong yesterday then?
Try answering the original question you quoted instead of dragging up 45 mins where not one player got pass marks. Try doing that instead of trying to be clever. I would be interested in your thoughts.
I am no ones fool and particularly not yours.

I was not aware that you had asked me a question, but you had suggested that I was full of crap as I dared to voice an opinion. That makes you a fool in my book. I was voicing that opinion on his performance yesterday. I had seen enough of him before the Rovers game to know I didn't rate him. Stop picking bits of the post to suit yourself.

What did I think he did wrong?

He was outjumped constantly (as were his other defensive colleagues)
He was hesitant in dealing with simple clearances
Suspect positioning throughout
Poor in the tackle.
Lacked pace
When he did get forward (something else he doesn't do enough, probably as he has no pace) he wasted opportunities by shooting wastefully when he had other options.

Now you tell me what he did right. And for what it's worth, I thought he sucked at Tannadice earlier this season too.

Pretty Boy
21-03-2010, 07:56 PM
I was not aware that you had asked me a question, but you had suggested that I was full of crap as I dared to voice an opinion. That makes you a fool in my book. I was voicing that opinion on his performance yesterday. I had seen enough of him before the Rovers game to know I didn't rate him. Stop picking bits of the post to suit yourself.

He was outjumped constantly (as were his other defensive colleagues)
He was hesitant in dealing with simple clearances
Suspect positioning throughout
Poor in the tackle.
Lacked pace
When he did get forward (something else he doesn't do enough, probably as he has no pace) he wasted opportunities by shooting wastefully when he had other options.

Now you tell me what he did right. And for what it's worth, I thought he sucked at Tannadice earlier this season too.

I think most of the problems with Thicot yesterday that you highlighted can be explained by his lack of game time this season. The guy must be nowhere near match fit yet was thrown into the bear pit of a derby at fairly short notice.

I'd like to see Thicot get a run in the team either as a defensive midfielder or at CH. You don't come through the academy system in France the way he has without being able to play a bit. Nothing i have seen of him at Hibs has convinced me otherwise, Thicot is a decent player who would be more then useful with a few good players around him.

greenlex
21-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I suggested you appeared to be full of crap because you quoted a post where I asked the question "What did he do wrong?" in the context of yesterday. Your post contained comments about the way he runs and an opinion that was based on 45mins of a pre season game that was abandoned because of torrential rain. You also were happy for Stack to lump it up the park to no one rather than give the ball to Thichot despite being in acres of space and ready to set up an attack or did I pick that up your post wrong?

He was outjumped constantly (as were his other defensive colleagues)Hardly constantly and no one will win every header they challenge for
He was hesitant in dealing with simple clearances Dont remember any calamities that would suggest this
Suspect positioning throughout Your Opinion I'm afraid
Poor in the tackle. Complete nonsense IMO
Lacked pace Give you that one but dont remember him getting done at any point
When he did get forward (something else he doesn't do enough, probably as he has no pace) he wasted opportunities by shooting wastefully when he had other options. I remember him slipping a through ball that created a good chance that was squandered. If other players with a more gifted shot were maybe to try one now and then we might have got lucky but You surely cant slate the guy for having a couple of shots the other options were not working.

It seems to me that you are the type of supporter that makes their mind up about a player quickly and will not be swayed from their opinion no matter what. Thichot has done little wrong in a Hibs jersey (I wasnt at Tannadice so cannot comment on that game) and it is a mystery to me why he is subject to negative posts by supporters like you.

The_Todd
21-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Sellick fans won't be so desperate to steal our manager anymore... although I'm not sure if that is or isn't a positive? :wink:

Iggy Pope
22-03-2010, 04:59 PM
It seems to me that you are the type of supporter that makes their mind up about a player quickly and will not be swayed from their opinion no matter what. Thichot has done little wrong in a Hibs jersey (I wasnt at Tannadice so cannot comment on that game) and it is a mystery to me why he is subject to negative posts by supporters like you.

I know that you have no idea of what type of supporter I am.
I've kicked about on these boards for 8 or 9 years and I'm entitled to an opinion so back that up with some facts about where other players have come in for criticism from me or shut the **** up.
You asked me what I thought he did wrong and I pointed it out.
You've ignored this.
IN MY OPINION - Thicot has yet to have a good game in a Hibs Jersey and he moves about the field as if he has **** himself.

greenlex
22-03-2010, 05:11 PM
I know that you have no idea of what type of supporter I am.
I've kicked about on these boards for 8 or 9 years and I'm entitled to an opinion so back that up with some facts about where other players have come in for criticism from me or shut the **** up.
You asked me what I thought he did wrong and I pointed it out.
You've ignored this.
IN MY OPINION - Thicot has yet to have a good game in a Hibs Jersey and he moves about the field as if he has **** himself.

Read my last post again. Not just the bit you have highlighted. Where have I ignored what you posted?:confused:
I still dont see what Thichot has done to make your opinion as it is apart from lacking pace and the way he runs.
Anyhoo its about opinions as you say. Yours obviously differs from mine so you can have the last word cos I am a fool and you have been on the board for longer than me without critsising any other players. That suit you?

Iggy Pope
22-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Read my last post again. Not just the bit you have highlighted. Where have I ignored what you posted?:confused:
I still dont see what Thichot has done to make your opinion as it is apart from lacking pace and the way he runs.
Anyhoo its about opinions as you say. Yours obviously differs from mine so you can have the last word cos I am a fool and you have been on the board for longer than me without critsising any other players. That suit you?

And I'm full of crap and quick to jump to conclusions about players. In your humble.

You have yet to tell me where he went right. I've tried to point out where in my opinion he went wrong.
That's debate is it?

Reply all you want - the last word is yours as I'm tired of you.

greenlex
22-03-2010, 05:29 PM

And I'm full of crap and quick to jump to conclusions about players. In your humble.

You have yet to tell me where he went right. I've tried to point out where in my opinion he went wrong.
That's debate is it?

Reply all you want - the last word is yours as I'm tired of you.

Regarding the bit in bold can I point you to your first post (the first quoted in this post). The bones of which are he lacked pace and runs as if he has **** himself and after 45 mins he was no use. Thats what my opinion of you is based on. Are you saying you didnt jump to a conclusion at raith despite subseuent performances whether good or bad in your opinion?
I dont think he has done anything wrong in a Hibs shirt where ever he has played therefore most things he has done right. Ok maybe not a stand out but not deserving of the critisism you level at him.
Thats it as I am tired too. Opinions eh

Iggy Pope
22-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Regarding the bit in bold can I point you to your first post (the first quoted in this post). The bones of which are he lacked pace and runs as if he has **** himself and after 45 mins he was no use. Thats what my opinion of you is based on. Are you saying you didnt jump to a conclusion at raith despite subseuent performances whether good or bad in your opinion?
I dont think he has done anything wrong in a Hibs shirt where ever he has played therefore most things he has done right. Ok maybe not a stand out but not deserving of the critisism you level at him.
Thats it as I am tired too. Opinions eh

Fine. Why have you ignored post #38 where I identified what I perceived to be his shortcomings?
I've seen him a few times and have not jumped to any conclusions. And certainly not based on Raith. I had seen him a few times before that and as I stated previously I was hoping that night would be the last.

greenlex
22-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Fine. Why have you ignored post #38 where I identified what I perceived to be his shortcomings?
I've seen him a few times and have not jumped to any conclusions. And certainly not based on Raith. I had seen him a few times before that and as I stated previously I was hoping that night would be the last.

I havent ignored it. :confused: Again look at my next post. There are comments in bold right through it as well as the bit in bold you quoted in your next post.
Like I said Opinions eh.

Iggy Pope
22-03-2010, 06:27 PM
I havent ignored it. :confused: Again look at my next post. There are comments in bold right through it as well as the bit in bold you quoted in your next post.
Like I said Opinions eh.

He was outjumped constantly (as were his other defensive colleagues)Hardly constantly and no one will win every header they challenge for
He was hesitant in dealing with simple clearances Dont remember any calamities that would suggest this
Suspect positioning throughout Your Opinion I'm afraid
Poor in the tackle. Complete nonsense IMO
Lacked pace Give you that one but dont remember him getting done at any point
When he did get forward (something else he doesn't do enough, probably as he has no pace) he wasted opportunities by shooting wastefully when he had other options. I remember him slipping a through ball that created a good chance that was squandered. If other players with a more gifted shot were maybe to try one now and then we might have got lucky but You surely cant slate the guy for having a couple of shots the other options were not working.

These opinions?
Where you disagree with mine but still fail to point out any of his qualites.
I say poor in the tackle you say nonsense.
I say his positioning is suspect what do you say?
You seem to agree that he lacks pace (which I belive is the reason for Stack's reluctance to play the ball short)
I say he dithers at clearing his lines you say you dont recall any calamities. Dearie me.

Other than you remembering one good through ball you don't appear to have much to back up his performance as a positive do you?

I must have seen him play a dozen times and on no occasion has he done anything to convince me of his worth.