PDA

View Full Version : Abuse from fans

WeAreHibs
20-03-2010, 07:41 PM
The abuse from a good number of fans today was disgusting. Sure, we were sheite but this was beyond a joke. No need to take it to the levels that these pricks were going to. Is it any wonder we crumbled? I just hope the lads couldnt hear the comments when they were within range.

We should be behind the team as much as possible and leave the abuse for the opposition.

Funny how they turned as soon as we scored. Fair weather fans!

I was in lower tier right behind the goals.

bubblesmorrison
20-03-2010, 07:46 PM
i must say the only player i was giving stick to today was stack due to the fact he punts when he should throw and what ever he dose he dose it slow bring back smith

vahibbie
20-03-2010, 07:52 PM
The abuse from a good number of fans today was disgusting. Sure, we were sheite but this was beyond a joke. No need to take it to the levels that these pricks were going to. Is it any wonder we crumbled? I just hope the lads couldnt hear the comments when they were within range.

We should be behind the team as much as possible and leave the abuse for the opposition.

TBH it's getting a bit boring someone coming on here after every game to complain about some fans shouting at players. They were *****e today, they've been *****e for a while now, maybe, just maybe they deserve a bit stick.

.Louise.
20-03-2010, 07:55 PM

I was in the same section. There was a guy in row 8 seat 11 (?) who done nothing but abuse the team for the majority of the game! He even managed to have a couple of arguments with supporters around him!

johnbc70
20-03-2010, 07:56 PM

You might have been sitting behind me then as I was right behind the goals and there was one 'fan' who did nothing but abuse all our players, he saved his special abuse for Stack and Bamba. The boy next to him told him to support the team, but he just told him to ****** off. Then another boy in the second half told him to pipe down and he almost started on him.

Why do these guys bother turning up? Not much of a supporter.

WeAreHibs
20-03-2010, 07:57 PM
There's a difference between shouting/heckling and full on personal abuse.

johnbc70
20-03-2010, 07:59 PM
I was in the same section. There was a guy in row 8 seat 11 (?) who done nothing but abuse the team for the majority of the game! He even managed to have a couple of arguments with supporters around him!

That is him, same guy as I was in Row 7 seat 11, when he shouted his abuse he would spit as well and quite a few of us got covered in spray!

Hainan Hibs
20-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Until the players start caring and gain some fire and desire I won't go radio rental about fans going radge.

Fair enough if it's personal abuse, that's not on. But the team needs to start showing passion and the lack of fight is quite rightly pissing off a section of the support.

glenn6270
20-03-2010, 08:02 PM
the team deserved it today they were shocking

WeAreHibs
20-03-2010, 08:08 PM
That is him, same guy as I was in Row 7 seat 11, when he shouted his abuse he would spit as well and quite a few of us got covered in spray!

That was one of them mate, I was 3 seats to your left. One of his mates was as bad.

Bayern Bru
20-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Made me really proud to be associated with Hibs listening to some of the Powell-esque racist bile spewing forth from some of our fans today.

As Hainan and DE-V8 said/implied, there's a difference between normal football heckling and personal abuse.

The Voice Of Reason
20-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Until the players start caring and gain some fire and desire I won't go radio rental about fans going radge.

Fair enough if it's personal abuse, that's not on. But the team needs to start showing passion and the lack of fight is quite rightly pissing off a section of the support.

:agree: :top marks

The fans had every right to go radge today.

Pathetic stuff. Bunch of gutless, spineless goons. :bitchy:

Simkin911
20-03-2010, 08:20 PM
TBH it's getting a bit boring someone coming on here after every game to complain about some fans shouting at players. They were *****e today, they've been *****e for a while now, maybe, just maybe they deserve a bit stick.

Yeah, they have been crap and so have some of the "fans" - it's the level of abuse that's the problem. Last week I posted to say Nish & Wotherspoon were getting abuse before the match even kicked off. These guys must have looked into their crystal ball

So, I agree - some "fans" these guys are... ps - the ones that spring to mind over the last few weeks have been older guys late 40s, 50s etc.. so it's not even the inexperience of youth that brings this behaviour.

Ginger Gehagan
20-03-2010, 10:23 PM

Yeah I was one of the people who told him to support the team. I know we were totally crap today but shouting non stop abuse is never going to make anyone play better.

Pete
20-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah that's right.

If our team isn't playing well then shouting personal abuse at them and booing helps gee them up and helps the cause. You're doing a good job.

YetholmHibee
20-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Well, if our leader can shout abuse from the sidelines to the players then why can't the fans?

darwenhibby
20-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Look at how the booing really helped and motivated the team last Saturday.
It must fill the players with confidence.

However those fans that turned uptoday you can understand like the rest of us who did not go, that for once we thought we were on to something big and watch it all self destruct in front of them.

If the players showed just that little bit more passion and desire that extra little bit of dig we might not be in this rut.

Maybe if Yogi could realise that the battle needs to be won before the tippy tappy football.

By the end of Tuesday night another season of promise maybe gone.

I never felt I had to travel up Mid week for a cup replay since Clydebank at Cappilowe about 10 years ago.

Tuesday I am going up to Dingwall to support the Hibs, lets get behind them not boo them.

Regardless to what we think of some of the individuals in the team, they are all we have got until the Summer.

since90plustwo
20-03-2010, 11:07 PM
i think we had a right to shout at the team today, we were awful, we paid good money to see a team not turn up, but personal abuse is taking it a bit too far

jazzy7070
20-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Blah ****ing blah we are hibs get used to It.ps how do you spell youst?

jazzy7070
20-03-2010, 11:15 PM
This site should be full of hibbys,we should all know the crack by now if you want sucess every week **** off to a Glasgow team,we are consistently pish but this year we are I'm with a shout of Europe pish,if we do get Europe I'll be there and so will you so stop ****ing complaining and get on with it

Thigh ar la
20-03-2010, 11:41 PM

Greety greety for the poor players who consistently fail to deliver the goods now expected! No excuses - we have and had a better team (on paper) out there and yet these jokers could not deliver at least a draw! You have low expectations if you think it is harsh that players get some abuse from time to time. is it not time for them to pay us back with some joy? Is it not time for us to win or achieve something? Look at the attendance figures? Look at the fact we have a medern stadium and training facilities and these underachievers cant even fight for our name?
we have every right to criticise if we like! They deserve worse in my book....

rossi
21-03-2010, 02:56 AM
Some people's spouses bully them, they don't have a dog to kick, but get to go to Easter road once a fourtnight.:grr:

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-03-2010, 03:03 AM
I paid good money for my ticket today, paid good money for my season ticket...if i want to abuse a team who have not tried a leg since ****ing december then I will :grr: Were a ****ing joke and as soon as we all realise that the better :boo hoo:

Hfc_Since1875
21-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Having none of this!!v:grr: Ive paid alot of money as a student buying a ST and supporting hibs away as often as possible and watching hibs getting destroyed by a terrible hearts team i feel i have the right to give the team abuse!:grr: We have been ****** for weeks now and the players need a right kick up the backside, as at this rate were heading for 6th!!
Watching us at 2-0 down and stevenson launching the ball to nobody wasthe most frustrating i have seen hibs ever! :grr:

windsorhibby
21-03-2010, 06:53 AM
listen mate , ive been reading these threads for years and every single time i come on here its the type of people like you that make me want to go crazy. let the people do wat they want since it is them who paid a fortune to get in .... if your not happy with them why not bring it up with them there and them . you people make me ashamed , grow some balls and stop bringing attention to yourself on the internet.:dummytit:

hibiedude
21-03-2010, 07:05 AM

:top marks

Forget the personal abuse stuff but the team have been rank rotten for the last 3 months so fans going radge is justified.

And as vahibbie has said it's getting bit boring someone coming on here after every game to complain about some fans shouting at players because it's in there hands to change things around.

BoltonHibee
21-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Look at how the booing really helped and motivated the team last Saturday.
It must fill the players with confidence.

However those fans that turned uptoday you can understand like the rest of us who did not go, that for once we thought we were on to something big and watch it all self destruct in front of them.
If the players showed just that little bit more passion and desire that extra little bit of dig we might not be in this rut.

Maybe if Yogi could realise that the battle needs to be won before the tippy tappy football.

By the end of Tuesday night another season of promise maybe gone.

I never felt I had to travel up Mid week for a cup replay since Clydebank at Cappilowe about 10 years ago.

Tuesday I am going up to Dingwall to support the Hibs, lets get behind them not boo them.

Regardless to what we think of some of the individuals in the team, they are all we have got until the Summer.

What have you been watching all season?

On to something big? You are having a laugh.....

lyonhibs
21-03-2010, 09:46 AM

Aye, frankly it is. I never boo Hibs players, but I'm not sure I understand your definition of abuse.

If Lewis Stevenson gets the ball in space and launches yet another aimless dunt through to their keeper, that is *****e, and, preferring to call a spade a spade, I would have no hesitation in expressing that opinion. Likewise when Stack repeatedly ignored Thicot and preferred to play long bangers with Balogh.

If Hibs players are going to crumble because the fans don't praise them to the heavens when they are turning out a crock of *****e like that, then they should throw in the towel and go and become librarians.

Or grow a pair and come back stronger next week??

And are you implying that when we got a goal back, all those that had previously said a nasty thing in the preceding 79 minutes should have sat there is silence muttering "Stokes still should have laid that ball off in the 12th minute" :confused:

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 10:04 AM
I paid good money for my ticket today, paid good money for my season ticket...if i want to abuse a team who have not tried a leg since ****ing december then I will :grr: Were a ****ing joke and as soon as we all realise that the better :boo hoo:

Having none of this!!v:grr: Ive paid alot of money as a student buying a ST and supporting hibs away as often as possible and watching hibs getting destroyed by a terrible hearts team i feel i have the right to give the team abuse!:grr: We have been ****** for weeks now and the players need a right kick up the backside, as at this rate were heading for 6th!!
Watching us at 2-0 down and stevenson launching the ball to nobody wasthe most frustrating i have seen hibs ever! :grr:

Do you actually think what you do helps?:confused:

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Made me really proud to be associated with Hibs listening to some of the Powell-esque racist bile spewing forth from some of our fans today.

As Hainan and DE-V8 said/implied, there's a difference between normal football heckling and personal abuse.

At least Enoch was eloquent in his racism.

Yeah that's right.

If our team isn't playing well then shouting personal abuse at them and booing helps gee them up and helps the cause. You're doing a good job.

It helps the cause of these no marks when their abuse makes a player nervous and he then goes on to make more mistakes. Their cause being to make as many people feel as sh*t about themselves as they do.

I have yet to see a psychology manual that suggests bullying as an effective way to bring about change. Clearly these guys owe their success in life to bucking the trend, and (if they could write) I'm sure they have a lot to contribute to our evolution as a species.

I doubt if the boo boys would accept being abused in the same way as they dish it out though. I wish I could find out where these f*nnies work, and then follow them around on the job, telling them how p*sh they are.

"Play for the overalls, you ya fckin fck, fr fcks sake. Fck."

Yep that would work.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-03-2010, 12:11 PM
FR - most folk would've lost their jobs by now if they had been performing at a similar level as Hibs have been for the past 3 months.

seanraff07
21-03-2010, 12:13 PM
the team deserved it today they were shocking

Moaning at them constantly isn't going to make them play an awful lot better though IMO and it didn't.

Hermit Crab
21-03-2010, 12:15 PM
if ppl are dead set in thier minds thats how they feel theres nobody who can change thier minds and they will just scream the first words that come to them, which is usually (for ****** sake your fu**ing sh**e)

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 01:22 PM
FR - most folk would've lost their jobs by now if they had been performing at a similar level as Hibs have been for the past 3 months.

Yes, but they wouldn't have to endure someone constantly criticising their every move - whether it be the right move or not.

Chastising employees is the job of the manager, not the customers. Otherwise I'd be round at Morrisons right now shouting at the fat, lazy, stupid lassy who can't be bothered to say please and thank you when operating the till.

if ppl are dead set in thier minds thats how they feel theres nobody who can change thier minds and they will just scream the first words that come to them, which is usually (for ****** sake your fu**ing sh**e)

People have a choice. If they can't go to the game and give positive backing to the team, they should vote with their feet. (I know that some of them can use telephones in the same way).

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 01:24 PM
I was in the lower tier and some of the personal shouts towards Stack and Thicot was OTT. I dished out my share of criticism to the team as a whole but it was deserved as we failed to do the basic stuff.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 01:35 PM
I was in the lower tier and some of the personal shouts towards Stack and Thicot was OTT. I dished out my share of criticism to the team as a whole but it was deserved as we failed to do the basic stuff.

Well done, i hope you are proud.:bitchy:

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Well done, i hope you are proud.:bitchy:

So do you expect fans to just sit their and nod contently when your players pass the ball to a maroon jersey....:bitchy:

You voice your dissatisfaction to the team as opposed to coming onto to a messageboard and calling the management names like Mixup <<< as you did last season :asshole:

Infact Yogi's a bad man because he was doing what the fans were doing and slating the team on occassions yesterday....what a bad man!!! :bye:

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 01:57 PM
So do you expect fans to just sit their and nod contently when your players pass the ball to a maroon jersey....:bitchy:

You voice your dissatisfaction to the team as opposed to coming onto to a messageboard and calling the management names like Mixup <<< as you did last season :asshole:

Infact Yogi's a bad man because he was doing what the fans were doing and slating the team on occassions yesterday....what a bad man!!! :bye:

I expect everyone to get behind the team when the chips are down, not get on their backs like you do, and try and help them onto better. ERSE. I also think this is the place to criticize the team/players or manager, or the pub, or at work. Perhaps i'm wrong, and abusing the team while the game is going on is the way supporters support their team these days, and thats the way forward.

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I expect everyone to get behind the team when the chips are down, not get on their backs like you do, and try and help them onto better. ERSE. I also think this is the place to criticize the team/players or manager, or the pub, or at work. Perhaps i'm wrong, and abusing the team while the game is going on is the way supporters support their team these days, and thats the way forward.

I usually get behind the team but yesterday was a shambles an absolute shambles and some of those players (as well as Yogi) need a rocket up their erse.

BEEJ
21-03-2010, 02:02 PM

You groan or express frustration inwardly. Even better is to remain silent as that would normally contrast starkly with the singing and support when the team is playing well. The players would easily pick that up.

Effing and blinding at them, particularly when they are within earshot and can hear it, is never going to achieve anything.

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:06 PM
You groan or express frustration inwardly. Even better is to remain silent as that would normally contrast starkly with the singing and support when the team is playing well. The players would easily pick that up.

Effing and blinding at them, particularly when they are within earshot and can hear it, is never going to achieve anything.

True very true....think for me, its Derby day and expectations are always high on these types of days

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I usually get behind the team but yesterday was a shambles an absolute shambles and some of those players (as well as Yogi) need a rocket up their erse.

As i said originally, well done i hope you are proud. You critisize the team for not giving their all, yet you threw the towel in way before the end. :applause:

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:07 PM
as i said originally, well done i hope you are proud. You critisize the team for not giving their all, yet you threw the towel in way before the end. :applause:

wtf?

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 02:10 PM
wtf?

WTF, tell me what you were doing again?

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:13 PM
WTF, tell me what you were doing again?

I criticised the team for the way they were playing (which I, as well as hundreds others, are entitled to do) as opposed to sitting behind my keyboard and having a go 24hrs later

Frazerbob
21-03-2010, 02:14 PM
The players and especially the manager deserved all the abuse they got.......and more.

Yesterday was pathetic, as the last 6 weeks have been.

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:15 PM
The players and especially the manager deserved all the abuse they got.......and more.

you better watch out, the self righteous police led by Captain Marvel Blackpoolhibs won't tolerate that...

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 02:18 PM
I criticised the team for the way they were playing (which I, as well as hundreds others, are entitled to do) as opposed to sitting behind my keyboard and having a go 24hrs later

I'm not the one having a go 24 hours later,:confused: do you actually see what you post?:faf: I also was not abusing the team at the game either, or any other game, i get behind them while there, its called supporting the team. You should try it.

Baldy Foghorn
21-03-2010, 02:19 PM

The esteemed leader did not have a clue how to change the game....

He was actually about to bring on Galbraith to help galvanise the attack, but we scored and Galbraith never got on.... Surely he should have got a wee chance to try and help us gain equaliser......

And why were there times when 10 outfield players in one bunched up area of park, no width, no idea.....

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 02:23 PM

I don't agree FB, the team should never be abused while the game is going on. In fact when we did score, the fans started to get behind the team, we then went on to have our best spell of the game. Perhaps if we got behind them better as a support, we'd see a better performance.

As a side note, don't you find it funny how all of a sudden, when there's a chance we might equalize, the fans get behind the team, the same ones that 2 minutes before are abusing them. What good does it do the team? How is it helping us?:confused:

Jamesie
21-03-2010, 02:23 PM
And why were there times when 10 outfield players in one bunched up area of park, no width, no idea.....

I thought the same - reminded me of the Alex Miller days.

princecfl
21-03-2010, 02:28 PM
this site is a joke.a fans forum aye but unless you one of the prawn sandwich bridge you cant post what you want.:bye:

HibeeDaz6270
21-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm not the one having a go 24 hours later,:confused: do you actually see what you post?:faf: I also was not abusing the team at the game either, or any other game, i get behind them while there, its called supporting the team. You should try it.
I dont go out my way to give my team abuse or to criticise them, but frustration does take over. When you pay over £60 for the day out inc pre drinks, it is a sore 1 being down by 2 goals to a terrible Hearts team after 25minutes or so. The team is rank just now, They have no fight, If they done everything they could whilst wearing the Jersey i would be the last person to moan, but am sorry, we are not seeing that just now, Its awful to watch, and what a waste of money it was. People will always criticise, moan etc, not because they want to, but because frustration takes over watching the team you love get walked all over. Of course you do have a few idiots that love a moan anyway.

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I dont go out my way to give my team abuse or to criticise them, but frustration does take over. When you pay over £60 for the day out inc pre drinks, it is a sore 1 being down by 2 goals to a terrible Hearts team after 25minutes or so. The team is rank just now, They have no fight, If they done everything they could whilst wearing the Jersey i would be the last person to moan, but am sorry, we are not seeing that just now, Its awful to watch, and what a waste of money it was. People will always criticise, moan etc, not because they want to, but because frustration takes over watching the team you love get walked all over. Of course you do have a few idiots that love a moan anyway.

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 02:38 PM

I understand frustration, but have stood back and witnessed this abuse this season. Its taken me aback at times. Again what help is it doing, other than the abuser letting off steam? We have a support now that either sits on their hands saying nowt, or abuses the team/players/management. How is this supporting the team? A man may love his wife, but if he abuses her, is it right?

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I understand frustration, but have stood back and witnessed this abuse this season. Its taken me aback at times. Again what help is it doing, other than the abuser letting off steam? We have a support now that either sits on their hands saying nowt, or abuses the team/players/management. How is this supporting the team?

on the flipside though, if the players/management aren't responding to the fans encouragement week in week out...then what?

The_Horde
21-03-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't agree FB, the team should never be abused while the game is going on. In fact when we did score, the fans started to get behind the team, we then went on to have our best spell of the game. Perhaps if we got behind them better as a support, we'd see a better performance.

As a side note, don't you find it funny how all of a sudden, when there's a chance we might equalize, the fans get behind the team, the same ones that 2 minutes before are abusing them. What good does it do the team? How is it helping us?:confused:

We were getting behind the team up until they conceded two very soft goals.

Like i said at half time to the guy beside me, its all very well saying we don't get behind the team but surely they have to play a part in getting us off our seats?

Something they haven't done for weeks now IMO.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 02:42 PM
on the flipside though, if the players/management aren't responding to the fans encouragement week in week out...then what?

How will we ever know, with people like you abusing them?

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 02:45 PM
We were getting behind the team up until they conceded two very soft goals.

Like i said at half time to the guy beside me, its all very well saying we don't get behind the team but surely they have to play a part in getting us off our seats?

Something they haven't done for weeks now IMO.

So we have a support that will only support when things are going well. That just about sums it up. When we scored we got behind them again, but in between nothing, just when they need us the most.

If the team are playing bad, the support are having a nightmare.

The_Horde
21-03-2010, 02:47 PM
So we have a support that will only support when things are going well. That just about sums it up. When we scored we got behind them again, but in between nothing, just when they need us the most.

Maybe if they had shown us in weeks past that they had the bottle to get back into it, we might have.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Maybe if they had shown us in weeks past that they had the bottle to get back into it, we might have.

Its a joint venture though, if the team are struggling the fans should maybe get behind them, you know help/support. I know its a novel idea, maybe I'm wrong, and getting on their backs is the way forward these days?

Sir David Gray
21-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Normally I would agree that it's better to save any abusive comments towards the team until you're in the pub or on here but there's only so long that you can continue to blindly follow and clap and encourage.

People pay good money to watch players who are, in comparison with the average person, very well paid and they are not getting anything in return at the moment.

These players are professionals but the way we are playing at the moment, you would be forgiven for thinking that some of our players were just making their debuts, when in reality, most of the players are quite experienced.

Graham Stack-Eight years experience, started off at Arsenal.
Lewis Stevenson-Almost five years experience.
Ian Murray-Ten years experience, played Champions League football and is a Scottish internationalist.
Steven Thicot-Three/four years experience, former French youth player and trained at one of the top French academies.
Sol Bamba-Four or five years experience. Ivory Coast internationalist.
David Wotherspoon-A year's experience, plays for the Scottish u-21's.
Kevin McBride-Five or six years experience, started his career at Celtic.
Liam Miller-Seven or eight years experience, started his career at Celtic and has played for Manchester Utd, playing in the Champions League and is an Irish internationalist.
John Rankin-Has about seven years experience, began career at Manchester Utd.
Derek Riordan-Nine years experience, is a Scotland internationalist.
Anthony Stokes-Four or five years experience, is an Irish internationalist, started career at Arsenal and has played in the English Premiership for Sunderland.

With the exception of Wotherspoon and probably Thicot, we have quite a number of very experienced players at our disposal, including some who didn't even play yesterday such as Smith and Nish.

With that in mind, that is why some of our fans are getting increasingly frustrated and although it's disappointing to hear boos and abuse, I really can't criticise anyone who chooses to do this at the moment.

The_Horde
21-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Its a joint venture though, if the team are struggling the fans should maybe get behind them, you know help/support. I know its a novel idea, maybe I'm wrong, and getting on their backs is the way forward these days?

I didn't say anybody should get on their back.

If they had a strong enough character they would rise to the abuse being given out too and want to prove us wrong.

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 03:20 PM

If they had a strong enough character they would rise to the abuse being given out too and want to prove us wrong.

Supposing a group of people on here started slagging off your posts, and questioning everything you say, would you rise to it?

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 03:21 PM

If they were strong enough characters? Can you give me any proof that abusing a team, strong characters or not, has actually helped them? We had some younger lads playing yesterday, wotherspoon his first season in football, stevenson, a player on the fringes, knowing he's playing for his future at easter road. Thicot, playing his 2nd game of the season i think. Players who will be nervous, players not full of confidence. How does abuse help these boys, i cant think of one instance were it does?

The_Horde
21-03-2010, 03:26 PM
If they were strong enough characters? Can you give me any proof that abusing a team, strong characters or not, has actually helped them? We had some younger lads playing yesterday, wotherspoon his first season in football, stevenson, a player on the fringes, knowing he's playing for his future at easter road. Thicot, playing his 2nd game of the season i think. Players who will be nervous, players not full of confidence. How does abuse help these boys, i cant think of one instance were it does?

I'm not condoning abuse but they are professional football players, its part and parcel of it all.

They have to rise above it.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm not condoning abuse but they are professional football players, its part and parcel of it all.

They have to rise above it.

Aye maybe from the opposition, but from your own fans? Nah.:confused:

BS44
21-03-2010, 04:03 PM

I think your overstating the abuse the team got yesterday. It's not as though 3500 were singing "Stevenson your pish" or "Bamba your crap", it's just individuals dotted round the stand shouting abuse or criticism at the players/team. Plus, I don't think the players hear 99% of the stuff that's shouted at them from the stands. Though I hope the manager and the players heard the boos, the fans at the game were perfectly entitled to boo that nonsense yesterday.

jakki
21-03-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm with blackpoolhibs here for once.:greengrin

I do agree that booing your team does not help to improve the play.
I wasn't at the game but by the posts on here, some players were abused before a ball was kicked. That is unacceptable and anyone who did so should not class themselves as a hibs supporter.Yes we have had poor spell but leave the abuse until the final whistle .

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 04:12 PM
I think your overstating the abuse the team got yesterday. It's not as though 3500 were singing "Stevenson your pish" or "Bamba your crap", it's just individuals dotted round the stand shouting abuse or criticism at the players/team. Plus, I don't think the players hear 99% of the stuff that's shouted at them from the stands. Though I hope the manager and the players heard the boos, the fans at the game were perfectly entitled to boo that nonsense yesterday.

I agree, its not everyone, and its more when its a home game. It just does not help, whether its one person or a hundred, or a thousand.

MountcastleHibs
21-03-2010, 04:19 PM

True a***hole. He was ready to go fighting with anyone that would rise to his stupid, unthought out comments.

I agree that giving stick out to the players is in most cases justifiable, but this guy, and a few others, only come to games nowadays to whinge. Let's get behind the team as opposed to moaning at EVERY little thing.

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 04:24 PM
True a***hole. He was ready to go fighting with anyone that would rise to his stupid, unthought out comments.

I agree that giving stick out to the players is in most case justifiable, but this guy, and a few others, only come to game nowadays to whinge. Let's get behind the team as opposed to moaning at EVERY little thing.

Pretty sure he was behind me or thereabouts

Was slating Deek one minute then changed his mind...when my mate jokingly told him to make up his mind...he was told to 'shut the ****** up and turn round'...

The_Horde
21-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Aye maybe from the opposition, but from your own fans? Nah.:confused:

It shouldn't happen, but it does and always has happened. So yes, they should be able to deal with it.

MountcastleHibs
21-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Pretty sure he was behind me or thereabouts

Was slating Deek one minute then changed his mind...when my mate jokingly told him to make up his mind...he was told to 'shut the ****** up and turn round'...

:agree: Couldnae make up his mind. Someone from the upper tier came over to him, and he challenged him to a fight. Muppet.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 04:47 PM
It shouldn't happen, but it does and always has happened. So yes, they should be able to deal with it.

Has it helped in the past?

The_Horde
21-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Has it helped in the past?

Well i can't remember us being more critical, however, the times i have noticed this have been when we have had teams with no fight or desire. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Well i can't remember us being more critical, however, the times i have noticed this have been when we have had teams with no fight or desire. :wink:

I agree, its fantastic how, when the team needs us more, we manage to go in the opposite way with such class and style.:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 05:02 PM
you better watch out, the self righteous police led by Captain Marvel Blackpoolhibs won't tolerate that...

Grow up, that's a childish response.

Frazerbob
21-03-2010, 05:16 PM

When the manager picks the wrong team and refuses to change it after going 2 goals down after 20 minutes because he's either too stuborn to admit the mistake or because he is so clueless he can't see the mistake, he deserves stick.

When players don't try a leg and are second to every ball, spend more time shrugging their shoulders and argueing with Hearts fans, their manager and each other rather than rolling their sleaves up and winning their own individual battle with their opponent, they deserve stick.

The Hibs end gave great support until we lost 2 goals thanks to Yogi's selection and lets be honest here, we could easily have lost another 2 or 3 before half time. Then, rather than make the changes needed at half time and ensuring we came out in the 2nd half all guns blazing, we were actually worse and could have lost another couple of goals in the first 5 minutes.

There is absolutely no excuse for being second best to that poor Hearts team that was already well bellow full strength, even before they had to make a couple of early subs.

And lets be honest again, it's not as if it was against recent form. We have been rank for the last 6 weeks or so and have been second best in every Derby this season against a Hearts side that couldn't score in a barrel of fannies (except when the play us).

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 05:25 PM
When the manager picks the wrong team and refuses to change it after going 2 goals down after 20 minutes because he's either too stuborn to admit the mistake or because he is so clueless he can't see the mistake, he deserves stick.
What changes would you have made after 20 minutes yesterday?
When players don't try a leg and are second to every ball, spend more time shrugging their shoulders and argueing with Hearts fans, their manager and each other rather than rolling their sleaves up and winning their own individual battle with their opponent, they desrve stick.
I disagree, imho the players were trying, and again if you are going to give them stick, why go, its not supporting is it?
The Hibs end gave great support until we lost 2 goals thanks to Yogi's selection and lets be honest here, we could esily have lost another 2 or 3 before half time. Then, rather than make the changes needed at half time and ensuring we came out in the 2nd half all guns blazing, we were actually worse and could have lost another couple of goals in the first 5 minutes.
I dont know what was said at half time, but perhaps he ripped into them, and wanted to see if they would give him a reaction?
There is absolutely no excuse for being second best to that poor Hearts team that was already well bellow full strength, even before they had to make a couple of early subs.
Thicot and stevenson full backs, murray into centre half, we were hardly full strength ourselves
And lets be honest again, it's not as if it was against recent form. We have been rank for the last 6 weeks or so and have been second best in every Derby this season against a Hearts side that couldn't score in a barrel of fannies (except when the play us).

Yes, we have been poorer in the last few weeks, time to get behind them, time to actually support the team, back them, cheer them on. But no, as soon as we go behind, its rip into them. The song sing when your winning could have been written for us.

mmmmhibby
21-03-2010, 05:33 PM

listen up here mate, thats your opinion!!!! end of!!! dont scrutinise other fans opinions in future!!! For the record, if you sat thru that 90 mins yesterday without having a go at any hibs players then your a superhuman.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 05:35 PM
listen up here mate, thats your opinion!!!! end of!!! dont scrutinise other fans opinions in future!!! For the record, if you sat thru that 90 mins yesterday without having a go at any hibs players then your a superhuman.

Well thats told me off. Sorry i wont do it again, and will probably just join in, in future.:faf:

mmmmhibby
21-03-2010, 05:36 PM

Welcome to the world of football!!! some of your views are verging me to the point of nausea!!!

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the world of football!!! some of your views are verging me to the point of nausea!!!

My work is nearly done then.

Frazerbob
21-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Yes, we have been poorer in the last few weeks, time to get behind them, time to actually support the team, back them, cheer them on. But no, as soon as we go behind, its rip into them. The song sing when your winning could have been written for us.

I would not of had Murray at CH and Stevenson at LB. Stevenson got ripped a new one for the first goal. After we went 2 down and they had looked like scoring with every cross, I would have brought Hanlon on for Lewis and moved Murray back to LB. A bit more height in the box to defend against the crosses, which would have been fewer with Murray at full back.

I don't know how you can say the players got stuck in. They were second best in every department yesterday. I can accept getting beat but I can't accept not trying. Stokes in particular really couldn't give a toss yesterday. His body language was shocking.

What about the incident with Yogi and Deek. When Deek moaned about Stack punting the ball long, Hughes got involved in a stand up arguement with him and basically told him to get on the end of the punts and stop moaning. It really was amatuer hour. Neither wonder the Jambos talk about the "flair myth".

What you say is great in theory but when the manager refuses to accept that he is getting things wrong and refuses to change it, the blind faith has a limit. Did you offer the same continued support and encouragement to Williamson when he was refusing to make subs when he was being found out?

I have been hugely impressed with Yogi however the last few weeks has shown an alarming inability to change things when they are not working. He is stuggling now and what promised to one of the best seasons I can remember is dangerously close pittering out......again.

fife hfc
21-03-2010, 05:45 PM

When players don't try a leg and are second to every ball, spend more time shrugging their shoulders and argueing with Hearts fans, their manager and each other rather than rolling their sleaves up and winning their own individual battle with their opponent, they deserve stick.
The Hibs end gave great support until we lost 2 goals thanks to Yogi's selection and lets be honest here, we could easily have lost another 2 or 3 before half time. Then, rather than make the changes needed at half time and ensuring we came out in the 2nd half all guns blazing, we were actually worse and could have lost another couple of goals in the first 5 minutes.

This is the key to the abuse, it is bourne out of frustration that you can see players that are capable of better, looking like the don't give a *****. I believe the players deserve our support as long as they give 100%, win, lose or draw. Once they fail to care and don't at least give their all then why should the fans not show their displeasure. it is how this displeasure is shown that can be the problem, booing a player for a lack of effort in my book is fine but personal insults are taking it too far.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 05:53 PM
I would not of had Murray at CH and Stevenson at LB. Stevenson got ripped a new one for the first goal. After we went 2 down and they had looked like scoring with every cross, I would have brought Hanlon on for Lewis and moved Murray back to LB. A bit more height in the box to defend against the crosses, which would have been fewer with Murray at full back.
Hanlon failed a pre match fitness test. We had no other players we could have put on the bench
I don't know how you can say the players got stuck in. They were second best in every department yesterday. I can accept getting beat but I can't accept not trying. Stokes in particular really couldn't give a toss yesterday. His body language was shocking.
I disagree, i thought we were trying, as for stokes, he's like that every game, and riordans worse, again, who would replace them? And if we did replace them, we'd never score.
What about the incident with Yogi and Deek. When Deek moaned about Stack punting the ball long, Hughes got involved in a stand up arguement with him and basically told him to get on the end of the punts and stop moaning. It really was amatuer hour. Neither wonder the Jambos talk about the "flair myth".
Players and managers argue all the time, its not just hibs that do it. i also couldnt care less what any jambo thinks about hibs
What you say is great in theory but when the manager refuses to accept that he is getting things wrong and refuses to change it, the blind faith has a limit. Did you offer the same continued support and encouragement to Williamson when he was refusing to make subs when he was being found out?
I did not support williamson in the end, but did at the beginning. I still support Yogi, as i can see progress. I can see we are going forward, probably a bit to quickly for the faint hearted, as now we have hit a sticky patch, it seems the goalposts have moved, and a good cup run, and a fight for europe is not enough anymore.
I have been hugely impressed with Yogi however the last few weeks has shown an alarming inability to change things when they are not working. He is stuggling now and what promised to one of the best seasons I can remember is dangerously close pittering out......again.

All the more reason to get behind them, but hey, what do i know?

Frazerbob
21-03-2010, 06:15 PM
All the more reason to get behind them, but hey, what do i know?

Gary, stop writing in my quoted text, I can't quote it back at you! :wink:

If Hanlon was not fit enough to play he would not have been on the bench and would not have been going through a vigarous warm up mid way through the first half and onwards. Where was Hogg? Dropped or injured?

I agree that Stokes always looks like that, why is that? Maybe he doesn't give a ****? He's our very own Chris Boyd. Unfortunately when he is not scoring goals he is contributing nothing to the cause. Very frustrating! Deek is a different issue, he is being played in the wrong possition IMO.

Yogi seems to get involved with arguements more often than anyone else. He did it with Hogg last week. You never see Fergie or Smith etc doing this. It can't be benificial.

This is not a sticky patch. Those last a few games. This is a worrying loss of form and more worrying the manager being found out IMO. I hope I'm wrong. I hope we win on Tuesday. I don't care how we do it. Then maybe we can turn this around but I don't see the signs of that happening.

You are 100% correct, the goal posts have moved. If you offered me sitting 4th and in the Scottish quarters at the start of the season I'd have taken it. However, this team has shown we could actually do much better than that. It will be a failure IMO if we don't get at the semi final and finish 3rd now.

I will get behind the team again on Tuesday, as I do every week. But if I'm of the opinion that they are not giving a flying **** again, I'll be letting them know. We are all traveling a long way on Tuesday, many taking a day pff work, for a game that should not be happening. They had better have a bit of fight about them this time!

What do you know? About as much as me I suppose......very little! :wink:

7Hero
21-03-2010, 06:24 PM
the Op is pointing out that the ABUSe was out of order, i was there and i heard it all. "riordan you junkie ******" was one of many abuses hurrled at the players. Sure we are more than welcome to shout at the team but there is no place for comments which quite frankly you would expect form the hearts fans not your own fans..

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Gary, stop writing in my quoted text, I can't quote it back at you! :wink:

If Hanlon was not fit enough to play he would not have been on the bench and would not have been going through a vigarous warm up mid way through the first half and onwards. Where was Hogg? Dropped or injured?

I agree that Stokes always looks like that, why is that? Maybe he doesn't give a ****? He's our very own Chris Boyd. Unfortunately when he is not scoring goals he is contributing nothing to the cause. Very frustrating! Deek is a different issue, he is being played in the wrong possition IMO.

Yogi seems to get involved with arguements more often than anyone else. He did it with Hogg last week. You never see Fergie or Smith etc doing this. It can't be benificial.

This is not a sticky patch. Those last a few games. This is a worrying loss of form and more worrying the manager being found out IMO. I hope I'm wrong. I hope we win on Tuesday. I don't care how we do it. Then maybe we can turn this around but I don't see the signs of that happening.

You are 100% correct, the goal posts have moved. If you offered me sitting 4th and in the Scottish quarters at the start of the season I'd have taken it. However, this team has shown we could actually do much better than that. It will be a failure IMO if we don't get at the semi final and finish 3rd now.

I will get behind the team again on Tuesday, as I do every week. But if I'm of the opinion that they are not giving a flying **** again, I'll be letting them know. We are all traveling a long way on Tuesday, many taking a day pff work, for a game that should not be happening. They had better have a bit of fight about them this time!

What do you know? About as much as me I suppose......very little! :wink:

I have no idea about hogg? All i heard was hanlon had failed a fitness test, and someone else put up a list of who was left, and none of them had been in the 1st team squad, let alone the bench before. Maybe hanlon was just there as an emergency, if both central defenders got injured.

Stokes as you say does look like that all the time, you say maybe he does not give a ****, perhaps he does, who knows, i dont? But his scoring record is better than i'd hoped for. I suppose we could play someone who's not as good, but supports the team?

Are you kidding about fergie, he rips into some players from the line, the difference being, he has players just as good to replace those not doing the business for him, we dont.

I'm glad you say the goals have moved, and thats down to the manager and the players, something we would not have said was possible at the start. I believe we will get europe, and we will get to the semi, thats progress for me in anyones book.

Get behind the team, i wont be there, wish i was, but i'm in london next week. Yes its a long journey for the fans, but ffs everyone get behind them, and if we go a goal behind, get further behind them, support them, it might help, it cant hurt, can it.

Yip FB, i know just as much as you.:wink:

EuanH78
21-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I have no idea about hogg? All i heard was hanlon had failed a fitness test, and someone else put up a list of who was left, and none of them had been in the 1st team squad, let alone the bench before. Maybe hanlon was just there as an emergency, if both central defenders got injured.

Stokes as you say does look like that all the time, you say maybe he does not give a ****, perhaps he does, who knows, i dont? But his scoring record is better than i'd hoped for. I suppose we could play someone who's not as good, but supports the team?

Are you kidding about fergie, he rips into some players from the line, the difference being, he has players just as good to replace those not doing the business for him, we dont.

I'm glad you say the goals have moved, and thats down to the manager and the players, something we would not have said was possible at the start. I believe we will get europe, and we will get to the semi, thats progress for me in anyones book.

Get behind the team, i wont be there, wish i was, but i'm in london next week. Yes its a long journey for the fans, but ffs everyone get behind them, and if we go a goal behind, get further behind them, support them, it might help, it cant hurt, can it.

Yip FB, i know just as much as you.:wink:

Didn't you used to be all 'Doom n' Gloom'©? :greengrin

I agree with everything you have said btw.

Jonnyboy
21-03-2010, 08:55 PM

Agree 100%

silverhibee
22-03-2010, 12:10 PM

It was quite clear that Deeks was telling Yogi to have a word with Stack regarding his kicking the ball up to there goalie, and it looked like Yogi was giving Deek a mouthful about how him and Stokes should be getting there head to the ball rather than give Stack a mouthful for his distribution of the ball up the park, Yogi if you have the bottle then you have to drop Stack.

Phil MaGlass
22-03-2010, 12:27 PM
The whole f,n team needs dropped if yi ask me,

Yogi is losing the plot and cant fix glaring lapses/mistakes,or sort out a half decent midfield/defence,how long does he need? We know our early season form and good luck wasnt going to last,but we also didnt think we would be back to Mixu esque fitba either,its time for Yogi to smack some heads and get working on his own tactics because quite frankly they are both lacking in the basics.