PDA

View Full Version : 50p chucker

Twa Cairpets
20-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Just a quick post to see if anyone on here wants to 'fess up to being the wee scrote who lobbed the 50p after the first goal into the Hearts crowd (section N?), only to hit a middle aged woman on the top of the head, resulting in her crying, having to have medical treatment and depart in tears. Bet that makes you feel like a real man, eh?

Dont know if it was the early kick off or what, but the atmosphere for me today from the Hibs fans was poisonous. I've not missed us playing against Hearts since about 1984, but result notwithstanding, todays was the least enjoyable.

And while I'm on my rant what the flying **** is the point in booting in a seat? Hibs get charged for it, and it is possibly the most pathetic bit of vandalism that you can do - especially the plooky wee get with the bad hair around about row 9 seat 14 who was so crap he couldnt even do it properly.

Fume

TC

Potty78
20-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Just a quick post to see if anyone on here wants to 'fess up to being the wee scrote who lobbed the 50p after the first goal into the Hearts crowd (section N?), only to hit a middle aged woman on the top of the head, resulting in her crying, having to have medical treatment and depart in tears. Bet that makes you feel like a real man, eh?

Dont know if it was the early kick off or what, but the atmosphere for me today from the Hibs fans was poisonous. I've not missed us playing against Hearts since about 1984, but result notwithstanding, todays was the least enjoyable.

And while I'm on my rant what the flying **** is the point in booting in a seat? Hibs get charged for it, and it is possibly the most pathetic bit of vandalism that you can do - especially the plooky wee get with the bad hair around about row 9 seat 14 who was so crap he couldnt even do it properly.

Fume

TC
not good to hear:devil:

zlatan
20-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Maybe she was only crying because she usually gets notes thrown at her instead of coins?

She sounds a bit selfish and arrogant to me.

Twa Cairpets
20-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Maybe she was only crying because she usually gets notes thrown at her instead of coins?

Nah mate - it wasnt good,wasnt funny and made us look like ****bags.

No need for it, cowardly, pathetic and indefensible

murray26
20-03-2010, 06:39 PM
I seen it, she looked like something out of shameless, silly thing to do but nobody was really hurt, p.s how did you know it was a fifty p.

hibsbollah
20-03-2010, 06:40 PM
It was the nastiest atmosphere ive experienced for quite a while. It could have been some of the pre-match fighting had an effect.

By the way, a message for the bald 40 something who was shouting 'spearchuckers' at 3 black hearts fans outside the Roseburn entrance 15 minutes before kickoff; you are a *****.

Hibercelona
20-03-2010, 06:44 PM
I tried to stand up today. But the old geezer behind me was like "sit down, a canne see" :grr:

Its meant to be a derby FFS.

It didn't feel like one today. :boo hoo:

Twa Cairpets
20-03-2010, 06:46 PM
I seen it, she looked like something out of shameless, silly thing to do but nobody was really hurt, p.s how did you know it was a fifty p.

Dinny be silly son.

It was a 50p because I saw fly past me, and it hit her hard enough to make her cry. I dont care if she was a jambo, ugly or whatever, it was totally out of order, and just made us look like ****. Im a Hibby, but don't want to be associated with cowardly wee boys thinking they're hard by hoying a coin.

Carheenlea
20-03-2010, 06:46 PM

Fume

TC

Never saw the incident you mentioned, and of course, that kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable.

However, I must disagree with your assertion that the atmosphere was "poisonous". I must say I felt that was the tamest atmosphere I`ve experienced at Tynecastle for many a long year. Very subdued Hibs support, with nothing happening on the park to change it.

As for the seat breaker, he`s not the first, and certainly won`t be the last. Not something that appeals to me or you, but unfortunately there will always be one.

murray26
20-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Dinny be silly son.

It was a 50p because I saw fly past me, and it hit her hard enough to make her cry. I dont care if she was a jambo, ugly or whatever, it was totally out of order, and just made us look like ****. Im a Hibby, but don't want to be associated with cowardly wee boys thinking they're hard by hoying a coin.
Every club in the country has one or two fools following them, no need for the over reaction, it didn't make me or you look like **** just the lad that done it, as i said no real harm done anyway, maybe she'll find a seat away from the idiots with Ulster flags etc...might be a wise move.

givescotlandfreedom
20-03-2010, 06:51 PM
There were many fannies amongst us I was down the bottom of section H which was full of 13 year old wanna be hard men with tricolours who spent most of them game goading their fellow fuds in the Hearts end instead of watching the game. I think I'll try to dearer seats next time in case it's any better.

Sudds_1
20-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Never saw the incident you mentioned, and of course, that kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable.

However, I must disagree with your assertion that the atmosphere was "poisonous". I must say I felt that was the tamest atmosphere I`ve experienced at Tynecastle for many a long year. Very subdued Hibs support, with nothing happening on the park to change it.

As for the seat breaker, he`s not the first, and certainly won`t be the last. Not something that appeals to me or you, but unfortunately there will always be one.

Poisonous?? nope, didn't get that feeling either. In fact the atmosphere was almost eerily quiet a lot of the time....no singing, chants, banter.

Almost as if both sets of fans had turned out of duty, more than enthusiasm :agree: It was so tame the polis even let us go straight up to gorgie road after the game rather than the 5 mile hike via Haymarket. :greengrin

Bayern Bru
20-03-2010, 06:56 PM
It was the nastiest atmosphere ive experienced for quite a while. It could have been some of the pre-match fighting had an effect.

By the way, a message for the bald 40 something who was shouting 'spearchuckers' at 3 black hearts fans outside the Roseburn entrance 15 minutes before kickoff; you are a *****.

That sort of stuff makes me sick. Drags you right back to the 1950s.
There were a couple of ******wits near me who were hurling racial abuse at Kingston, Obua and, well, any foreigner in the Hearts team to be honest.

I refuse to put this down to booze and a 'poisonous' atmosphere though. Some people are just ****, Hibees or not.

Twa Cairpets
20-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Every club in the country has one or two fools following them, no need for the over reaction, it didn't make me or you look like **** just the lad that done it, as i said no real harm done anyway, maybe she'll find a seat away from the idiots with Ulster flags etc...might be a wise move.

Again, dinny be silly.

So its ok because she wasnt carted off to A&E? So its ok because she was sitting beside a load of brain dead fuds with red hand flags? So its ok because there are loads od erses out there?

Nah - it was crap, pathetic, and cowardly. End Of

murray26
20-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Again, dinny be silly.

So its ok because she wasnt carted off to A&E? So its ok because she was sitting beside a load of brain dead fuds with red hand flags? So its ok because there are loads od erses out there?

Good, am glad you've got that off your chest, have a nice evening.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-03-2010, 07:31 PM
See the erzholes that were stamping in the seats? Well as they had no colours on, I am not sure that they are no just trouble makers. Anyway, I told the steward at the front that there were seats getting panned in, but he was not interested. Bit different from the four guys that piled in a wee oik for lighting up a fag on the way out.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
20-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Again, dinny be silly.

If it offended you this much, and you were close enough to see it was a 50p piece why did you not say something ? I know you will say you are not sure who it was but if you had voiced your opinion maybe you would have found out who it was ? Not saying you should have caused a riot to sort it but maybe a word would have solved the problem ????

CallumHibs07
20-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Some knob was standing right in the way of my seat.

If you post on here, **** YOU.

judas
20-03-2010, 08:19 PM

Fume

TC

I agree with everything you say.

If anyone knows who this cretin is, please do the right thing.

judas
20-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Good, am glad you've got that off your chest, have a nice evening.

Whats your problem?

CraigHibee
20-03-2010, 08:27 PM

would you be saying that if it were to happen to one of ours?

i didnt think so!

murray26
20-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Whats your problem?

Didn't realise i had one, maybe you could enlighten me.

One Day Soon
20-03-2010, 08:42 PM

Its a fact that there are some people who are just untermensch and he clearly felt that he needed to demonstrate this by publicly showing himself to be a thick, racist twat. I hope he has a daughter who marries a black yam and has many babies. Erse.

Sin in haste and repent at leisure and all that.

One Day Soon
20-03-2010, 08:43 PM

Seems obvious to me and - I would imagine - pretty much everyone else.

lEXO
20-03-2010, 08:51 PM
I think it,s the fact you think that it,s ok to throw coins at people.It,s not ok, it,s cowardly as ****** and gives us a bad name.Maybe you dont care what people think of the Hibs support, but the vast majority of us do.No real harm done?I hope not.

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I'll see your 50p chucker, and raise you a £1 tosser.:greengrin

ps I genuinely hope that woman is OK, nobody deserves that.

HFC07
20-03-2010, 09:01 PM

quite right, when I was 10 year old I went to a hibs v aberdeen with my old man in the old beach end, the Aberdeen end was sold out so Grampians finest in the ultimate wizdom put some Aberdeen fans inbesied us.
Loads of banter was cast between the fans but it soon turned and things were being chuched and I got a coin off the face, cutting me, nae the best feeling to be on the recieving end of it.

Del Boy
20-03-2010, 09:06 PM
There were a couple of ******wits near me who were hurling racial abuse at Kingston, Obua and, well, any foreigner in the Hearts team to be honest.

I refuse to put this down to booze and a 'poisonous' atmosphere though. Some people are just ****, Hibees or not.

spot on mate, no excuse for racism.

murray26
20-03-2010, 09:53 PM
I think it,s the fact you think that it,s ok to throw coins at people.It,s not ok, it,s cowardly as ****** and gives us a bad name.Maybe you dont care what people think of the Hibs support, but the vast majority of us do.No real harm done?I hope not.

Where did i say it was ok to do that? get a grip oh so perfect one! one silly laddy doesn't make us all look bad, my gripe from the begining was the OP feeling the need to make a issue out of this after such a terrible performance from the team, we all do stupid things, especially when young, and as i witnessed she wasn't that badly hurt, it reflects on society not Hibs fans as the OP was making out. Like it or not every club has fans that will do such things not just Hibs, we are no differnent, btw hope the lassy is OK, i just wasn't in the mood for the have a go at the Hibby post.

Gerard
20-03-2010, 09:54 PM

Fume

TC

:top marks
We don't want this kind of fan. They have no place in our club. I hope that this person is found and made to pay compensation to the lady he injured.
Gerard

One Day Soon
20-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Where did i say it was ok to do that? get a grip oh so perfect one! one silly laddy doesn't make us all look bad, my gripe from the begining was the OP feeling the need to make a issue out of this after such a terrible performance from the team, we all do stupid things, especially when young, and as i witnessed she wasn't that badly hurt, it reflects on society not Hibs fans as the OP was making out. Like it or not every club has fans that will do such things not just Hibs, we are no differnent, btw hope the lassy is OK, i just wasn't in the mood for the have a go at the Hibby post.

Are you happy with the spade for that hole you're digging or do you want the JCB?

murray26
20-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Are you happy with the spade for that hole you're digging or do you want the JCB?

Well could we turn this into a every club has one or two idiots thread instead of some numpty shames Hibs thread, if he feels that bad stay away in future because it wont change whether you like it or not.

murray26
20-03-2010, 10:32 PM

I'll see your £1 tosser and raise you a self rightous prick.

One Day Soon
20-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Well could we turn this into a every club has one or two idiots thread instead of some numpty shames Hibs thread, if he feels that bad stay away in future because it wont change whether you like it or not.

We could but seeing it is a Hibs forum perhaps it is legitimate to focus on ourselves? And if we all agree it was wrong, which I presume you do, then staying silent about it doesn't help to create the peer pressure to stop it.

murray26
20-03-2010, 11:16 PM
We could but seeing it is a Hibs forum perhaps it is legitimate to focus on ourselves? And if we all agree it was wrong, which I presume you do, then staying silent about it doesn't help to create the peer pressure to stop it.

Fair point, i was just annoyed at the first post making out all Hibby's would be classed as **** becauase of one fan, not condoning but people do stupid things and then instantingly regret them, as i've already said the lassy looked fine a few minutes later and no doubt enjoyed telling her drunken story all night, i wish her well though.

Jamesie
20-03-2010, 11:32 PM
I saw parts of the very worst of the Hibs' following today. People I hope and pray will be nowhere near me when the new east is completed. Utter neanderthals who would love to bring us to the same level as the Old Firm.

Lofarl
20-03-2010, 11:38 PM
I thought the support was very decent today. Funny how people see things different. Ok there is the usual boo boys brigade and so forth. But the fans engaged is some good banter with our pink sisters and I even felt safe walking up Dalry road come the end of the match.

Can you say that after playing Rangers or Celtic. Im not defending those degenerate bigoted Jambos, nor the halfwit who threw the 50p, nor the attempts to excuse or explain his actions. Or the racism for that matter.

monktonharp
21-03-2010, 12:08 AM
not trying to spoil this boisterous but somewhat frienly party gents,given the fact that we have some real "****" in our support,but,as i've said on more than 2 occasions in the past,At a certain 4-4 game a few years ago at a certain game in a certain stadium(call it what you like) we were almost "poleaxed" for want of a better word,by a f/kin' corner flag after a certain team eaqualised in the last seconds and their "fans" invaded the pitch at that corner. THE "STEWARDS" as they are called,done f/ck all as the 20 or so fans ran back into the section,and there were no arrests . rant over,but it tells me that percentage wise,we are certainly no worse than our opposers,although either racial/religious abuse or missile throwing ,I find disgusting btw the point of the corner flag missed my mate's wife by inches:grr:

monktonharp
21-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Can you say that after playing Rangers or Celtic. Im not defending those degenerate bigoted Jambos, nor the halfwit who threw the 50p, nor the attempts to excuse or explain his actions. Or the racism for that matter.[/QUOTE] That Gorgie mob have more than their far share of degenerates,I can recall more than a few instances going towards Haymarket over the years! the last one being dressed in suits,a dozen of us were at the corporate,being abused verbally as not being fans,and other things. one of our group was actually an ex-Jambo captain!!!! that saved the 2 morons that abused us,from gettin' their fish suppers rammed up their erses:devil:

GlesgaeHibby
21-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Some knob was standing right in the way of my seat.

If you post on here, **** YOU.

Was that section H near the front? There was somebody refusing to move from another guys seat in that area.

Fume

TC

Some of the pond life masquerading as Hibs supporters today was embarrassing. That incident is out of order. Similar incident in section H where a seat was broken and a part of it thrown into the Wheatfield stand.

hibee4life1983
21-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Not nice, but im glad to see your more botherd about a woman being dunted on the napper wi a 50p (again not nice) than us getting pumped by that mob on the park, yogi better get the defence sorted or wer in trouble.

Rick Rude
21-03-2010, 03:51 AM
i guess whoever threw it was as classy as the jambos that decided to throw stuff at us when they scored the first one.... or the second one... weird way to celebrate eh?

Beefster
21-03-2010, 06:37 AM
I tried to stand up today. But the old geezer behind me was like "sit down, a canne see" :grr:

Its meant to be a derby FFS.

It didn't feel like one today. :boo hoo:

An old guy asked you to let him see the game? How unreasonable.

judas
21-03-2010, 06:47 AM

Erm, I see. That's OK then.

weonlywon6-2
21-03-2010, 06:59 AM

Fume

TC

there is no need for this behaviour however it goes on all the time at football. that corner where the fans are close has always been bad, remember being at a jumbos v celtic game and the abuse and stuff flying back and forward was incredible.

yes we have some disappointing fans following us however we are not alone.

HibsMax
21-03-2010, 07:06 AM
It's a little disappointing to see some people trying to rationalise this type of behaviour. It doesn't matter what other clubs' fans do. All that matters is what our team does on the pitch and how our fans represent the club. Doesn't matter if it's just one wee hoodlum, it reflects badly on the club. It might only be one bad apple but how many do we want? So the woman "only" got hit on the head. Would the reactions of some change if it hit a kid? Or if it hit the woman in the eye? Or...or...or? It's only through luck that this isn't a bigger incident than it is.

Aldo
21-03-2010, 07:08 AM

Grass them up cos my 6 year old daughter has asked me why I didnt take her to the game and for me if that is the sort of stuff (Home or away) our fans are shouting then I will not be going anywhere near them.

I used to have a season ticket in the auld stand and sat next a guy and his laddie and he hurled racial abuse at Latapy and co week in week out. I stood up to him and a steward told me to wind ma neck in. He got whats for and so did the guy. Suprisinly enough only one other person helped me out and that was Tommy Preston (ex player) who had a word or two to say.

There is no place in football and for me especially with Hibs fans to hurl that sort of abuse. One thing to say to them GTF.

That is as bad if not worse than the sectarian pish we hear from the great unwashed.

MontrealHibs
21-03-2010, 07:32 AM
I hope the 50p chucker wakes up this morning and feels like the skanky wee ned he really is. I do love these fake "tough guys" who have to throw things from 50 yards!

****. The sooner we find and expose this ned to a future football banning order the better.

:grr:

the_ginger_hibee
21-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Was that section H near the front? There was somebody refusing to move from another guys seat in that area.

Some of the pond life masquerading as Hibs supporters today was embarrassing. That incident is out of order. Similar incident in section H where a seat was broken and a part of it thrown into the Wheatfield stand.

I felt that also tbh. Was a bad atmosphere from the start. First time I've seen Hibs fan fighting/arguing so much, with a lot taking place before/during the game, so result not much of a factor.

Also to the bright spark in the top tier who decided to lob a juice down only for it to scud the Hibs fans in the bottom tier, well done :dizzy:

Jones28
21-03-2010, 09:16 AM

Really makes you proud to be a Hibs fan doesnt it? :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 09:41 AM
An old guy asked you to let him see the game? How unreasonable.

I wanted to stand at one of the most important games of the season.... how unreasonable. :rolleyes:

The guy wasn't exactly limping around on a walking stick and could have easily stood for 45 minutes each way.

If people are going to complain about not being able to see because they can't be arsed standing in an Edinburgh derby. Then they should try getting seats nearer the front.

Let the younger generation stand up and enjoy their football, just like they once did.

Killiehibbie
21-03-2010, 10:02 AM
I wanted to stand at one of the most important games of the season.... how unreasonable. :rolleyes:

The guy wasn't exactly limping around on a walking stick and could have easily stood for 45 minutes each way.

If people are going to complain about not being able to see because they can't be arsed standing in an Edinburgh derby. Then they should try getting seats nearer the front.

Let the younger generation stand up and enjoy their football, just like they once did.

Do you not realise the seats are there for good reason? Sit on it, if you stand you might fall and hurt yourself and don't shout or sing you could strain your vocal chords ending up with a sore throat. Wear earplugs in case the noise startles you, they will also muffle any swearing going on round about you.

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Do you not realise the seats are there for good reason? Sit on it, if you stand you might fall and hurt yourself and don't shout or sing you could strain your vocal chords ending up with a sore throat. Wear earplugs in case the noise startles you, they will also muffle any swearing going on round about you.

And try to keep the noise level down, some old men are trying to sleep here. :zzzzz!:

GlesgaeHibby
21-03-2010, 10:12 AM

And you know this to be fact, do you?

He has the same right to see the game as you.

If you're desperate to stand, book seats in the 'lower tier'. I've always booked seats there and never had any problems standing.

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 10:18 AM
And you know this to be fact, do you?

He has the same right to see the game as you.

If you're desperate to stand, book seats in the 'lower tier'. I've always booked seats there and never had any problems standing.

Then surely I have a right to stand as he once did when he was my age.

I don't recall noticing very many people standing yesterday, even in the bottom tier.

The atmosphere was an absoulte shambles yesterday for a derby.

I know the players aren't doing us many favours at the moment. But we (as fans) could at least show a bit more commitment to the club (especially in these games).

Just my opinion.

marinello59
21-03-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't recall noticing very many people standing yesterday, even in the bottom tier.

I know the players aren't doing us many favours at the moment. But we (as fans) could at least show a bit more commitment to the club (especially in these games).

Just my opinion.

Perhaps everybody over the age of 40 should be banned from attending matches? Or supporters could face a sort of MOT test every year involving them demonstrating their ability to stand for 45 minutes. If they can't do it then they are banned from Derby matches etc. :agree:
All in the interests of protecting your rights of course.:greengrin

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Perhaps everybody over the age of 40 should be banned from attending matches? Or supporters could face a sort of MOT test every year involving them demonstrating their ability to stand for 45 minutes. If they can't do it then they are banned from Derby matches etc. :agree:
All in the interests of protecting your rights of course.:greengrin

:agree::devil::greengrin

Jamesie
21-03-2010, 10:34 AM

Comments like this really convince me that rather than being brought up to have a certain respect for those significantly older than yourself (within reason) this has been replaced by a "me me me" type behaviour which gives hee haw regard for anyone else, be them older or young. Dearie me.

Alex Trager
21-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Poisonous?? nope, didn't get that feeling either. In fact the atmosphere was almost eerily quiet a lot of the time....no singing, chants, banter.

Almost as if both sets of fans had turned out of duty, more than enthusiasm :agree: It was so tame the polis even let us go straight up to gorgie road after the game rather than the 5 mile hike via Haymarket. :greengrin
They do this all the time....even after that night with deek....and the night we won 2-1

kev1875
21-03-2010, 10:36 AM

No, what makes us look like ****bags is people instead of doing something about it at the time feel the need to post it all over the internet. What is it people are hoping to achieve? Do they honestly think someone is going to come on and "fess up". :confused:

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Comments like this really convince me that rather than being brought up to have a certain respect for those significantly older than yourself (within reason) this has been replaced by a "me me me" type behaviour which gives hee haw regard for anyone else, be them older or young. Dearie me.

The younger generation these days gets to do far less than the younger generation back then.

It was ok for them. Because when they were younger, then enjoyed the brilliant atmosphere in packed stadiums and you were able to shout and swear to your hearts content.

The younger generation these days can't. If we so much as cough or sniff too loudly, we have some old person behind us giving us it. :blah:

They show more disrespect to young people than vice versa IMO.

Jamesie
21-03-2010, 10:44 AM
The younger generation these days gets to do far less than the younger generation back then.

Are you really sure about that? Let's hear your examples then. Because I reckon there has been a much greater loosening of moral and cultural rules over the last thirty years than ever before; I don't think thirty years ago the Police were picking up thirteen year olds off the streets absolutely blootered in the same numbers they are today, but I'll be interested to hear your counter arguments.

kev1875
21-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Are you really sure about that? Let's hear your examples then. Because I reckon there has been a much greater loosening of moral and cultural rules over the last thirty years than ever before; I don't think thirty years ago the Police were picking up thirteen year olds off the streets absolutely blootered in the same numbers they are today, but I'll be interested to hear your counter arguments.

Judgeing by his post, I am certain he's refering to attending football matches.

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 10:49 AM

I'm not talking about laws here.

I'm talking about what goes on in a football stadium.

But while we're on the subject of laws. Security was a lot less tight back then, so I reckon things were probably worse in those days.

Killiehibbie
21-03-2010, 10:52 AM

Maybe the polis had more to busy themselves with either that or 13 year olds were all hidden away sniffing glue 30 years ago instead of drinking.

K.Marx
21-03-2010, 10:58 AM

whole of lower H was standing...agree about the atmosphere though it was gash for pretty much the whole game. Hearts yap on about their famous atmosphere but its absolutely non existant:yawn:

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 11:02 AM
whole of lower H was standing...agree about the atmosphere though it was gash for pretty much the whole game. Hearts yap on about their famous atmosphere but its absolutely non existant:yawn:

Did anyone see the group of Hearts fuds yesterday with their Union Jacks doing the "no surrender"? :bitchy:

seanraff07
21-03-2010, 11:07 AM

Fume

TC

Some guy in the bottom row snapped his seat and stormed out of the stadium, and that was when the 2nd goal had just went in, my mate told me who was standing in the row above him.

seanraff07
21-03-2010, 11:09 AM

Exactly, and even once we got a consolation goal we outsang them despite them being 5 minutes away from their first victory against us in the league for 6 games. Imagine if that had been us that were winning 2-0 the place would have been bouncing.

Hermit Crab
21-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Did anyone see the group of Hearts fuds yesterday with their Union Jacks doing the "no surrender"? :bitchy:

yes they were recaptured very quickly tho :wink::greengrin

Frazerbob
21-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I was very disapointed in a large number of Hibs fans yesterday.

Firstly, I saw dozens of Hibs fans aged about 20 outside the Roseburn hurling abuse at a lone Jambo, in his 40's, who was walking past. He deliberately took a wide berth to try to avoid the entrance of the pub but was subjected to chants of "you Hearts *******" etc. Fair enough you might think, it's the Derby. However, the guy did not react and simply tried to keep walking only to be met by several of the Hibs fans jumping around right in front of him, pointing in his face and then pushing him. The guy did very well not to react as I hate to think what would have happened if he had.

The guy was obviously not one of the idiot Jambos out to wind us up, he was on his own and just making his way to the football. Pathetic, cowardly behaviour from these pissed up Hibs fans who blatantly can't handle a couple of pints in the morning (who had no colours on incidently).

In the ground another guy in his early 20's without colours stood in the seat next to me. It wasn't his seat, he just couldn't be arse finding his own one. After about 10 minutes he started hurling racial abuse at Kingston. Now whilst Kingston is a horrible man, can we not limit the abuse to Hearts stuff etc. When I challanged him and asked him if Bamba and Thicot were also "****ing darkies" he told me that they were. After a bit of an arguement includuing several invites from him to "do something about it" he decided to go find his own seat. I wonder if his new neighbour suffered the same bile.

Add to that a seat being broken a couple of rows in front during half time and some of the other tales being told, it really does make me ashamed of some of my fellow fans.

Not a good day yesterday!

marinello59
21-03-2010, 11:33 AM
:agree::devil::greengrin

You do know I wasn't being serious don't you?:confused:

iwasthere1972
21-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Saw the thread and thought must be rhyming slang.

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 11:38 AM
You do know I wasn't being serious don't you?:confused:

Really?

I was about to hand you the serious post of the year award. :wink:

Beefster
21-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Did the guy provide a full medical history? If not, you've no idea whether he could stand for 90 minutes or not.

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Did the guy provide a full medical history? If not, you've no idea whether he could stand for 90 minutes or not.

Perhaps I shouldn't shout at a football game either then.

He may have his hearing aid turned up too high. :yawn:

I don't go to a football game to sit down and keep my mouth shut for 90 minutes.

If thats what some people would like to do, then they should just stay home and watch it on the TV.

I go to football matches to be a part of it.

If I can't be a part of it, then games just arent worth going to.

Frazerbob
21-03-2010, 12:00 PM

I don't go to a football game to sit down and keep my mouth shut for 90 minutes.

If thats what some people would like to do, then they should just stay home and watch it on the TV.

I stood the whole game but I was in the back row of the front "tier" so didn't bother anyone. If somebody behind asks you to sit then I'm sorry but you should surely respect that and sit. We'd all love to have terracing again but unfortunately that isn't the case. Stadia are all SEATER and therefore we are required to sit.

My 70 year old Dad still goes to games. He looks very fit and healthy but recently had both knees replaced. How would you react if he asked you to sit so that he could see the match? Is a wee bit of respect too much to ask for?

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 12:03 PM
I stood the whole game but I was in the back row of the front "tier" so didn't bother anyone. If somebody behind asks you to sit then I'm sorry but you should surely respect that and sit. We'd all love to terracing again but unfortunately that isn't the case. Stadia are all SEATER and therefore we are required to sit.

My 70 year old Dad still goes to games. He looks very fit and healthy but recently had both knees replaced. How would you react if he asked you to sit so that he could see the match? Is a wee bit of respect too much to ask for?

I understand what you're saying.

But football is all most young people have to look forward to these days.

And it just seems like the excitement is being sucked right out of the game.

Older people are lucky, because they were never bored at our age.

Hibs On Tour
21-03-2010, 12:05 PM

I was going to respond fully but having read the rest of your replies its obvious it'd be bloody pointless. You think an old guy should have to stand purely so you can do what you want to do? Take it you take the old folks seats on the bus too eh? Cos its your right to sit doon on a bus like they did when they were young. Erse of the highest order.

Beefster
21-03-2010, 12:05 PM

No-one ever got bored before all-seater stadia?

Frazerbob
21-03-2010, 12:08 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

You're right, they had conkers, hop-scotch and marbles. Lucky buggers!

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 12:09 PM
No-one ever got bored before all-seater stadia?

I don't just mean in football.

There was more to do in general back then that there is now.

Football is all younger folk these days have to look forward to. But the excitement is being sucked right out of the game.

If old people had no problems back then with standing. Then why is it such a big issue now?

marinello59
21-03-2010, 12:11 PM

Football is all younger folk these days have to look forward to. But the excitement is being sucked right out of the game.

If old people had no problems back then with standing. Then why is it such a big issue now?

Put the shovel down and stop digging.

signed

One of the old people.

Frazerbob
21-03-2010, 12:12 PM

Mate, seriously, you are making yourself look a complete fool. Stop typing!

Hibs On Tour
21-03-2010, 12:13 PM

FFS - are you being deliberately dim or something? This has **** all to do with 'back then' or anything else - its to do with having some ****ing manners son. If an old guy politely asks you to sit down so he can see the game you say sorry pal and do it. Its really no that hard.

I cannae believe you've wound me up so much that I'm now hoping that you come away with this pish to an old guy at another game and his son irons you out for it... :bitchy:

The Green Goblin
21-03-2010, 12:27 PM

This might seem like a very obvious solution, but instead of complaining about your right to stand in some old bloke`s way why didn`t you just offer to swap seats? It`s not rocket science.

GG

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 12:33 PM
This might seem like a very obvious solution, but instead of complaining about your right to stand in some old bloke`s way why didn`t you just offer to swap seats? It`s not rocket science.

GG

I didn't complain. I did sit down.

But then it just didn't feel like a derby at all.

I understand that some people have problems with standing up. I'm not denying that.

Its just a little frustrating when you're told to sit down by someone who stood all they liked when they were that age.

You just don't feel "involved" in a match when you sit down.

K.Marx
21-03-2010, 12:43 PM

mate, your 19. seriously is standing at the football all you have to look forward to?

aljo7-0
21-03-2010, 12:46 PM

I understand that some people have problems with standing up. I'm not denying that.

Its just a little frustrating when you're told to sit down by someone who stood all they liked when they were that age.

It's the law/rules though now isn't it. Back then (whenever that may have been) the old people had a choice of standing on the terracing or sitting in the stand. You being told to sit down has sweet F A to do with what choices the old man had when he was young. I'd much prefer to stand too and I was lucky enough to be able to when I was your age but none of us are really allowed to now - it's not the old boy who asked you to sit down's fault

snooky
21-03-2010, 12:46 PM

You should have swapped seats - problem solved.
(emmm ... except for the poor folk behind the old codger :wink:)

Broken Gnome
21-03-2010, 12:50 PM
mate, your 19. seriously is standing at the football all you have to look forward to?

And Hibs have had an all seater stadium since he was about 4 or 5? Where's the vast lengthy history of being allowed to stand at the football?

Chuckie
21-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Gramo has been bragging about it on his facebook...

His status update is 'the old boot got what she deserved, and if I see her on Leith Walk I am going to push pound notes down her throat'..

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Gramo has been bragging about it on his facebook...

His status update is 'the old boot got what she deserved, and if I see her on Leith Walk I am going to push pound notes down her throat'..

haha, whats a 50p? All i have is 10p's

seriously though...its shocking that fans are throwing coins...the yams police catch the scroat responsible!

Twa Cairpets
21-03-2010, 02:51 PM
No, what makes us look like ****bags is people instead of doing something about it at the time feel the need to post it all over the internet. What is it people are hoping to achieve? Do they honestly think someone is going to come on and "fess up". :confused:

You're probably right. A guy who is so cowardly as to do what he did is unlikely to come on and brag about it.

Wht post it? Well, because if he reads the forum he might realise that the majority of Hibbies think acting like a total welt is not acceptable.

Why didnt I do something at the time? Partly because I didnt know which one of a group of 4 or 5 did it, and maybe a bit because I didnt fancy getting into a fight with a group of tw@ts acting the hard man three rows away from me. Should I have done something - maybe/probably.

You point about posting it on here making us look like ****bags is too stupid to reply to, so I wont.

Twa Cairpets
21-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Not nice, but im glad to see your more botherd about a woman being dunted on the napper wi a 50p (again not nice) than us getting pumped by that mob on the park, yogi better get the defence sorted or wer in trouble.

Why does it have to be comparative? I can be deeply p!ssed off about both you know - I dont have a quota of anger to parcel out.

CropleyWasGod
21-03-2010, 02:56 PM
You should have swapped seats - problem solved.
(emmm ... except for the poor folk behind the old codger :wink:)

To be honest, if I had been the old guy behind, I would've done what used to be the norm in those wonderful "good old days" :rolleyes:.....

Stood up and p*ssed in weeHibbie's pocket. :devil:

nonshinyfinish
21-03-2010, 02:58 PM

Really?!

Terribly sad if true...

GlesgaeHibby
21-03-2010, 04:12 PM

:faf: Good one.

We've never had it so good.

Bayern Bru
21-03-2010, 04:19 PM

Is that so?
I'm not too far off your age.
I have plenty of things to enjoy/look forward to.

Have a look at yourself mate. It seems that YOU'RE the issue here, not the state of football and the attitude of older folk.

Kojock
21-03-2010, 04:28 PM

Your spot on there mate.

I could watch the black and white telly - all 3 channels or I could go out and play. By christ we were lucky in them days. :thumbsup:

--------
21-03-2010, 04:44 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

"Football is all young people have to look forward to these days...." You must be a pretty dim bunch, then, son. I could think of LOTS of interesting things to get up to when I was your age, and only one of them involved 21 other men and a football.

FWIW the behaviour described here makes an absolute mockery of any pretensions we might have to be "better" than any other fans in Scotland.

If the guy TwoCarpets posted about at the top of this thread is a regular at ER, he needs to be identified and banned. The racist **** abusing the black players on either side are just that - racist ****, and if they're regular attenders at ER I really despair.

And dearie dearie me. How selfish of the "old guy" to expect to be able to see the game he'd paid to see. And to sit in his seat while he was doing so.

And if you try to insist on standing in front of ME, mate, I shall be tempted to adopt the time-honoured Christian practice of laying hands on you for you spiritual blessing. The last time I did it the guy ended up horizontal and unconscious. It's called being "slain in the Spirit" - at least, that'll be my explanation when the polis arrive. :devil:

Hibster
21-03-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm with wee hibee. Of course older people have a right to watch the game, but its frustrating as hell being told to sit down at derby games. And wee hibee is right - the people telling younger ones to sit down will probably be the same people that 30/40 years ago would have laughed at the thought of sitting down at a game. Who cares if its against the law now - that doesn't seem to stop every away crowd in England from standing for the whole game.

I'm all for older people coming to games, and I don't know what the solution is, but its a ridiculous state of affairs when, at our biggest away game of the season, most people seem happy to sit for the whole game. Its not so long ago that such a thing would have been unimaginable, yet people just seem to accept it now. Its a joke.

Broken Gnome
21-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm with wee hibee. Of course older people have a right to watch the game, but its frustrating as hell being told to sit down at derby games. And wee hibee is right - the people telling younger ones to sit down will probably be the same people that 30/40 years ago would have laughed at the thought of sitting down at a game. Who cares if its against the law now - that doesn't seem to stop every away crowd in England from standing for the whole game.

I'm all for older people coming to games, and I don't know what the solution is, but its a ridiculous state of affairs when, at our biggest away game of the season, most people seem happy to sit for the whole game. Its not so long ago that such a thing would have been unimaginable, yet people just seem to accept it now. Its a joke.

I'm sure all 'older people' would be ever so thankful for your quite startling generosity.

Hibster
21-03-2010, 05:03 PM
and they'd be welcome :)

no I mean I'm not saying I think people who can't stand for 90 minutes shouldn't be coming to football or anything, but I wish there was a way that people who want to stand for the entire game could be able to without blocking/annoying people behind them

CropleyWasGod
21-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Your spot on there mate.

I could watch the black and white telly - all 3 channels or I could go out and play. By christ we were lucky in them days. :thumbsup:

3 channels? THREE? Luxury, sheer bloody luxury.

I had channel 3 and channel 10.... but, of course, I also had the Light programme.

And the Buster.

CropleyWasGod
21-03-2010, 05:05 PM

no I mean I'm not saying I think people who can't stand for 90 minutes shouldn't be coming to football or anything, but I wish there was a way that people who want to stand for the entire game could be able to without blocking/annoying people behind them

They could watch it in the pub.... if they were old enough.

Broken Gnome
21-03-2010, 05:08 PM

But there isn't, that's life at the moment. It's been the case for one and a half decades now that grounds have been seated, so the notion of standing is the one that goes against the grain, the rules, the law, and what the vast majority of the Hibs support expect and choose to do.

marinello59
21-03-2010, 05:16 PM

And you are how old?
(Just wondering what you see as an 'older' person)

bubblesmorrison
21-03-2010, 05:17 PM

super post mate and i fear this is what football will turn into if standing areas for people who want to stand are made. ive got a ticket for the the terrace on tuseday night and am still thinking i will have sumone behind me telling me to sit down :greengrin what did the old ones do before there was seats?

marinello59
21-03-2010, 05:21 PM
super post mate and i fear this is what football will turn into if standing areas for people who want to stand are made. ive got a ticket for the the terrace on tuseday night and am still thinking i will have sumone behind me telling me to sit down :greengrin what did the old ones do before there was seats?

Some of the younger posters on here sometimes complain that their views are sidelined or that they are patronised by others on here because of their age. And in a some cases I have thought that they had a valid point. Seems to me it also happens in reverse though.

K.Marx
21-03-2010, 05:24 PM
but I wish there was a way that people who want to stand for the entire game could be able to without blocking/annoying people behind them

there is, ask for tickets for the back row or as close to the back row as possible. thats what I did for Sat and got seats in Row 7 of the Lower (second back row) and got to stand for the whole game. problem solved :greengrin

Jones28
21-03-2010, 05:24 PM

Dont mean to be patronising but maybe older people are unable to stand for 90 mins? Just a thought :cool2:

Hibster
21-03-2010, 05:25 PM
And you are how old?
(Just wondering what you see as an 'older' person)

an 'older person', in relation to being able to stand for 90 minutes, is probably about 70 or something. I mean if an OAP wants me to sit down so that he can see, then of course I'll sit down, no problem. but when its coming from a guy in his 40s, I can't help but think 'what are you doing at a derby game if you're not up for standing for 90 mins?'.

Unfair? yeah probably, but its how I and I'm sure quite a lot of people feel

judas
21-03-2010, 05:27 PM

:faf:

Sit doon.

Hibby D
21-03-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm sure all 'older people' would be ever so thankful for your quite startling generosity.

I know I am grateful - me being an "older" person and all that :greengrin (By the way at what age do we go from being older to just plain old? :greengrin :dunno:)

I'm very proud to be a part of the Hibs support but some of the stuff I read here, and things I hear and see at the games, chips away at that pride.

Minority or not, it's time certain sections of our support grew up :bitchy:

lapsedhibee
21-03-2010, 05:30 PM
when they were younger, they enjoyed the brilliant atmosphere in packed stadiums and you were able to shout and swear to your hearts content

Gotta agree with wee's general point that the auld barstewards amongst us experienced things at the fitba which whippersnappers like him may never. Some people go on about Brownlie, Stanton, Edwards, etc, but for my money it was the vintage swearing which made the Tornadoes era, and in these ******** ****** ***** all-seater stadia, how likely is it you'll ever experience the warm, wet feeling of a hun pishing down your leg? :dunno:

judas
21-03-2010, 05:31 PM

Helllllmettttttt! (To be shouted in a loud Brian Blessed-esque voice)

Golden Bear
21-03-2010, 05:36 PM
And what's more, us auld farts could even stand side by side with the enemy, shout & swear at each other, and whisper it, even share a dram from your New Year bottle of whisky.

A really shocking revelation that one.

bubblesmorrison
21-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Some of the younger posters on here sometimes complain that their views are sidelined or that they are patronised by others on here because of their age. And in a some cases I have thought that they had a valid point. Seems to me it also happens in reverse though.

i have respect for older people dont get me wrong i will also say i think alot of younger people disrespect older genarations and there tubes for this. what i am saying is football grounds are heading to be very boring places taking the life out of football is going to stop alot of people from going. now sitting thinking what it will be like in 30 to 40 years if it keeps heading the way it is will there be youngsters standing infront of me at games and how will i react? btw what if i have a back problem that stops me staying seated for longer than 10 mins? we as fans TOGETHER would go public in saying when we buy our tickets for this game is you want to stand get a ticket for section L if you want to sit get section H :confused:

Hibster
21-03-2010, 05:42 PM
But there isn't, that's life at the moment. It's been the case for one and a half decades now that grounds have been seated, so the notion of standing is the one that goes against the grain, the rules, the law, and what the vast majority of the Hibs support expect and choose to do.

I don't think thats true - most people I know who follow football think the laws regarding standing are a total joke...if it is though, thats pretty sad IMO. Just wish there was the same culture here of away supports always standing that there seems to be in England and throughout Europe.

jakki
21-03-2010, 05:47 PM

And what if it had been me behind you. Yes I'd be hopping around with a wafking stick and giving you F** for blocling my view/ Why can't these young tousers get back row seats?

As for throwing articles, my man took our 5 year old son to the fiirst Hibs Kids game and a bottle was thrown from the main stand into the enclosure where the Hibs Kids were, the wee lad right in front of my son had his head burst open. My man dictated there and then that not one of our kids would go to a Hibs match. It was 25 years later that we took our grandson to a Hibs match. A loss of a generation due to a Yob.

Golden Bear
21-03-2010, 05:50 PM
i have respect for older people dont get me wrong i will also say i think alot of younger people disrespect older genarations and there tubes for this. what i am saying is football grounds are heading to be very boring places taking the life out of football is going to stop alot of people from going. now sitting thinking what it will be like in 30 to 40 years if it keeps heading the way it is will there be youngsters standing infront of me at games and how will i react? btw what if i have a back problem that stops me staying seated for longer than 10 mins? we as fans TOGETHER would go public in saying when we buy our tickets for this game is you want to stand get a ticket for section L if you want to sit get section H :confused:

Regardless of age, I'm sure nearly everyone will agree that all seated stadia have had a detrimental effect on the atmosphere which CAN be generated by the crowd.

However if you pay your money for a seat then that surely that entitles you to view the game in peace without having the hassle of folk standing in front of you and blocking the horror show.

Plus it's not that easy for us hobbits to view the game if there are ginormous folk round about you! :wink:

Broken Gnome
21-03-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't think thats true - most people I know who follow football think the laws regarding standing are a total joke...if it is though, thats pretty sad IMO. Just wish there was the same culture here of away supports always standing that there seems to be in England and throughout Europe.

Game kicked off yesterday, I looked round to see if those behind me were standing, as one they all sat down. Could you tell me the percentage of those in the Roseburn that stood yesterday?

'Most of the people' you know translates to about 700/800 when the East Stand was still up. Out of 10,000. Some people might have this total hard-on over the good old days when everyone stood up (even though it seems most are late teens/early 20s, so quite where they get this from I don't know) but the bare facts suggest that the huge majority are quite happy to sit if required. Which by and large they are.

CallumHibs07
21-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Pretty sure it was a piece of seat that hit that girl??

Hibs On Tour
21-03-2010, 06:03 PM

I wish I could moonwalk son, life's a bitch... :wink:

Jamesie
21-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Pretty sure it was a piece of seat that hit that girl??

If that is true then in many ways it is worse and arguably premeditated.

What gives people the right to behave like complete svumbags on entering a football stadium?

Hibster
21-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Game kicked off yesterday, I looked round to see if those behind me were standing, as one they all sat down. Could you tell me the percentage of those in the Roseburn that stood yesterday?

'Most of the people' you know translates to about 700/800 when the East Stand was still up. Out of 10,000. Some people might have this total hard-on over the good old days when everyone stood up (even though it seems most are late teens/early 20s, so quite where they get this from I don't know) but the bare facts suggest that the huge majority are quite happy to sit if required. Which by and large they are.

yeah - and what an incredible atmosphere we manage to produce as a result :rolleyes:

people standing = better atmosphere, its pretty obvious that's why people have a 'hard-on' for the times when football wasn't wrapped up in health and safety. as for how many Hibs supporters want to stand at games...impossible to know. as soon as some people start sitting, everyone else tends to do the same.

marinello59
21-03-2010, 06:21 PM
yeah - and what an incredible atmosphere we manage to produce as a result :rolleyes:

people standing = better atmosphere, its pretty obvious that's why people have a 'hard-on' for the times when football wasn't wrapped up in health and safety. as for how many Hibs supporters want to stand at games...impossible to know. as soon as some people start sitting, everyone else tends to do the same.

What? The accepted practice of the majority is to sit? Surely that can't be right?

Bishop Hibee
21-03-2010, 06:21 PM
I stood for the whole game yesterday as did most around me. Second row from the pitch towards the Wheatfield.

Bring back standing areas at all grounds.

marinello59
21-03-2010, 06:25 PM
I stood for the whole game yesterday as did most around me. Second row from the pitch towards the Wheatfield.

I don't think many would argue against having designated standing areas. That's a bit different from adopting the attitude that I will stand if I want to and to hell with everybody else.

CallumHibs07
21-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Does anyone think we will get to stand in the new East? Hopefully there will be a section of us that can..

Golden Bear
21-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Does anyone think we will get to stand in the new East? Hopefully there will be a section of us that can..

Not a chance.

:rules:

Bishop Hibee
21-03-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't think many would argue against having designated standing areas. That's a bit different from adopting the attitude that I will stand if I want to and to hell with everybody else.

Which club will be the first to test the water and put in a safe standing area? Hibs have missed the boat with the new stand and I fear the atmosphere at ER will be worse than ever. I hope I'm wrong.

Yesterday was my first away derby since the one were Deano got sent off. I thought the atmosphere from both sets of fans wasn't great to be honest. I can't remember either support belting out a song in unison. Maybe 2 games a season instead of 4 would improve the atmosphere with bragging rights at stake for longer.

Don-hibee
21-03-2010, 06:31 PM

How nice for you to be able to stand for a whole game, God forbid anything happens to you that affects your mobility and you have to
watch the game seated and someone stands in front of you, also what
would you be saying on here if a kid tapped you on the shoulder and asked
you to sit down cause they couldn't see, tell the parents they should not be allowed at games till they are old enough to stand for a whole game :rolleyes:

jakki
21-03-2010, 06:33 PM

Thank God I didn't buy a ticket for yesterday behind you.. I have a disability that I cannot stand for 4 minutes never mind 90 minites. OK 40 years ago we could go to the main srtand for a seat and clear view of the pitch. Now it seems that the youngsters want to stand anywhere and block the view of all

Hibster
21-03-2010, 06:33 PM
What? The accepted practice of the majority is to sit? Surely that can't be right?

I don't know what you mean...all I'm saying is - at a game like the one yesterday its impossible to know how many people want to stand, cos as soon as some people start sitting down, most other people follow. I've only been able to stand for the entire game at Tynie once over the past few years - all the other times I've been sat down because everyone around me is sitting. doesn't mean I'm happy to sit at games though.

Bishop Hibee
21-03-2010, 06:36 PM
How nice for you to be able to stand for a whole game, God forbid anything happens to you that affects your mobility and you have to
watch the game seated and someone stands in front of you, also what
would you be saying on here if a kid tapped you on the shoulder and asked
you to sit down cause they couldn't see, tell the parents they should not be allowed at games till they are old enough to stand for a whole game :rolleyes:

I took one of my sons, then aged 10, to Scotland v Italy in the North Stand at Hampden and he stood on his seat to watch the game. Problem solved. If you have an old yin behind you, simply swap places. Problem solved again. Unfortunately, stewards often don't see it that way.

Standing is an issue for fans all around the UK and will only be addressed once and for all by safe standing areas.

Hibster
21-03-2010, 06:55 PM
I took one of my sons, then aged 10, to Scotland v Italy in the North Stand at Hampden and he stood on his seat to watch the game. Problem solved. If you have an old yin behind you, simply swap places. Problem solved again. Unfortunately, stewards often don't see it that way.

Standing is an issue for fans all around the UK and will only be addressed once and for all by safe standing areas.

I don't know if you were meaning stewards in general, but in my experience the stewards at Scotland games are really good - just seem to accept that the North and West stands are standing only, and don't even begin to try to get people to sit down. Would love to see that kind of commonsense applied to Easter Road and the new East Stand, but can't really see it happening - and even if they did, going by this thread it'll be fellow Hibs supporters who'll be doing all the moaning and trying to stop others from standing...

jakki
21-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I hope that all of you young ones realise it was all of us auld ones that couldnay afford a stand seat but stood on the terracing withoot a roof weekin and week oot in the pouring rain are the ones that want to see games without young ones standing and blocking our views

A wee tip if any of you young ones ever have to stand in a snow covered terracing, take off the socks, the gym shoes are cosier without the socks. OOps forgetting the in footware is trainers. I canny guarrantee that works but the game would probably be called off due to crowd safety.:greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
21-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I hope that all of you young ones realise it was all of us auld ones that couldnay afford a stand seat but stood on the terracing withoot a roof weekin and week oot in the pouring rain are the ones that want to see games without young ones standing and blocking our views

A wee tip if any of you young ones ever have to stand in a snow covered terracing, take off the socks, the gym shoes are cosier without the socks. OOps forgetting the in footware is trainers. I canny guarrantee that works but the game would probably be called off due to crowd safety.:greengrin

Which are called shoes for some reason, I regularly get reminded. :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
21-03-2010, 07:19 PM

If football is all you have to look forward to, you need to learn to live a little.

And one minor thing has changed since those glorious, halycon days where racism, dangerous overcrowding, folk pishing in your pocket and terrace violence were commonplace (but no-one was ever bored..........:rolleyes:)

The law of the land.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-03-2010, 07:20 PM
where's the prawn sarnies???

I'm_cabbaged
21-03-2010, 07:33 PM

If football is all you have to look forward to, you need to learn to live a little.

And one minor thing has changed since those glorious, halycon days where racism, dangerous overcrowding, folk pishing in your pocket and terrace violence were commonplace (but no-one was ever bored..........:rolleyes:)

The law of the land.

Maybe the laddie has a point, when I was a bairn we used to play tig in the terracing when it was boring. :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
21-03-2010, 07:34 PM

You do know there's porn on the internet and not just Hibs.net :cool2:

kev1875
21-03-2010, 07:34 PM
You're probably right. A guy who is so cowardly as to do what he did is unlikely to come on and brag about it.

Wht post it? Well, because if he reads the forum he might realise that the majority of Hibbies think acting like a total welt is not acceptable.

Why didnt I do something at the time? Partly because I didnt know which one of a group of 4 or 5 did it, and maybe a bit because I didnt fancy getting into a fight with a group of tw@ts acting the hard man three rows away from me. Should I have done something - maybe/probably.

You point about posting it on here making us look like ****bags is too stupid to reply to, so I wont.

So tell a steward who would tell the police. They would then have a chance to go through cctv which covers the whole ground and catch the culprit. My point is not too stupid, its stupid posting it on here for the yam lurkers to go back to bloodedturdback.com and cream their pants about the peg selling junkie **** throwing coins at women.

jakki
21-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Which are called shoes for some reason, I regularly get reminded. :rolleyes: My kids would never call trainers shoes but
lets to get to themnain part of my posting.

Did you ever stand on the terrcing with the rain lashng down and no cover or standing in 1 feet of snow , or losing your shoes in a swamp at Cldlebank. I have the right to ask the young one to sit down :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
21-03-2010, 07:48 PM
So tell a steward who would tell the police. They would then have a chance to go through cctv which covers the whole ground and catch the culprit. My point is not too stupid, its stupid posting it on here for the yam lurkers to go back to bloodedturdback.com and cream their pants about the peg selling junkie **** throwing coins at women.

So we're not supposed to discuss our support in a negative way because we're worried about what the average brokeback.com punter thinks?

:rolleyes:

kev1875
21-03-2010, 07:54 PM
So we're not supposed to discuss our support in a negative way because we're worried about what the average brokeback.com punter thinks?

:rolleyes:

Not when you chose to do **** all about it when you had the opportunity to do so. Its about as pointless as another ***** goalie thread. Theres nothing worse than reading "the racist Hibs fans" or "Hibs fans that broke seats" Do something about it at the time.

Jonnyboy
21-03-2010, 08:00 PM

As one of said 'old folk' I not only had no trouble standing I had no choice but to stand as there were no seats :wink:

twiceinathens
21-03-2010, 08:07 PM
In terms of the effect of allseater stadia on the atmosphere at matches and the enjoyment of the whole experience then I fully agree that it has had a negative impact. While not wishing to be over nostalgic, pouring rain and the delights of being drenched by the contents of beer cans disguised as portable urinals being two of the drawbacks, there was still a more greater excitement and sense of caeraderie generated on the terracing and I wish that some kind of terracing area could be incorporated in modern grounds.
However if I pay to see a game then that is my primary right and if I am unable to stand for 90 minutes then that takes precedence over someone elses desire to stand, and conversely if I wish to stand for 90 minutes then I have to accept that my right is trumped by the right of the person behind me to see the game. By the way a desire to see the game does not incorporate a desire to watch in silence or silence all other supporters or necessitate a craving for prawn sandwiches.

Jonnyboy
21-03-2010, 08:10 PM
In terms of the effect of allseater stadia on the atmosphere at matches and the enjoyment of the whole experience then I fully agree that it has had a negative impact. While not wishing to be over nostalgic, pouring rain and the delights of being drenched by the contents of beer cans disguised as portable urinals being two of the drawbacks, there was still a more greater excitement and sense of caeraderie generated on the terracing and I wish that some kind of terracing area could be incorporated in modern grounds.
However if I pay to see a game then that is my primary right and if I am unable to stand for 90 minutes then that takes precedence over someone elses desire to stand, and conversely if I wish to stand for 90 minutes then I have to accept that my right is trumped by the right of the person behind me to see the game. By the way a desire to see the game does not incorporate a desire to watch in silence or silence all other supporters or necessitate a craving for prawn sandwiches.

Why is that though? It's not just down to not being able to stand IMO.

I was at a game in Germany - Koln v Wolfsburg - all seater stadia and the atmosphere was electric throughout

iwasthere1972
21-03-2010, 08:14 PM
As one of said 'old folk' I not only had no trouble standing I had no choice but to stand as there were no seats :wink:

There were seats although they were always concrete and cold as well as wet on occasions. :agree:

Jonnyboy
21-03-2010, 08:16 PM
There were seats although they were always concrete and cold as well as wet on occasions. :agree:

True but you can bet your bottom dolloar that as soon as you parked yer erse on said concrete some young scallywag would come along and stand in front of you and then wander off saying he/she resented being asked to get oot o' the way :greengrin

The Green Goblin
21-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Not when you chose to do **** all about it when you had the opportunity to do so. Its about as pointless as another ***** goalie thread. Theres nothing worse than reading "the racist Hibs fans" or "Hibs fans that broke seats" Do something about it at the time.

Easy for you to say, but isn`t that what the stewards and police are paid for?

There`s a reason why they are supposed to deal with such things, because what exactly do you think will happen if another supporter decides to intervene and speak out? Bottled? Stabbed? Punched? Headbutted? Threatened? - take your pick.

But you`re missing the point here. Why should someone else have to even be in a situation where it`s up to them to have to "do something" about people who have crossed the line and are behaving in a disgusting, aggressive, out-of-control or unreasonable way? You make it sound as if it`s their fault for being there.

Put the blame where it belongs - with the people who do stupid things and cause trouble.

GG

Jonnyboy
21-03-2010, 08:19 PM

There`s a reason why they are supposed to deal with such things, because what exactly do you think will happen if another supporter decides to intervene and speak out? Bottled? Stabbed? Punched? Headbutted? Threatened? - take your pick.

But you`re missing the point here. Why should someone else have to even be in a situation where it`s up to them to have to "do something" about people who have crossed the line and are behaving in a disgusting, aggressive, out-of-control or unreasonable way? You make it sound as if it`s their fault for being there.

Put the blame where it belongs - with the people who do stupid things and cause trouble.

GG

Spot on GG, I agree with every word :agree:

Twa Cairpets
21-03-2010, 08:26 PM

Given that the police were there and had cameras pointed at the section where it came from, im sure if they were so minded they would have done so.

Frankly, I dont giving a bucket of rat spit what Hearts fans think. Their neanderthals are loathsome pond life, and their opinions of me or us are not going to be particularly affected by a thread here. What does get astound me is that you are more concerned that I didnt go wading in myself rather than be utterly p!ssed off that some pathetic little jakeball thought he'd get his jollies from doing what he did, and therefore setting the rest of us for being tarred with that same brush.

Hibster
21-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Why is that though? It's not just down to not being able to stand IMO.

I was at a game in Germany - Koln v Wolfsburg - all seater stadia and the atmosphere was electric throughout

don't they have standing areas there for league games though?

Jonnyboy
21-03-2010, 08:35 PM
don't they have standing areas there for league games though?

They might do but the whole ground was singing/buzzing and not just one area so the vast majority of fans were seated but still having a high old time of it. Additionally, that was the season Koln were about to be relegated and yet their fans got behind them from beginning to end!

Antifa Hibs
21-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Some people need to get a grip. Complaining about standing and 'poisonous' atmosphere's. Thats what the derbies are all about, bit aggro, some dodgy songs, few flags, bit banter, some boisterousness. If you can't handle it maybe sit in your lounge with the fire on and a glass of coco watching the game next time.

Best atmosphere in years, Tynie last season, only 1600 odd, hardcore support, Hibs support *** superb, all stood, usual songs, aggro/boisterousness, absulutely no complaints that night from anyone.

Man U, Liverpool, West Ham, Villa, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea plus others, all support stood all game every game (away games anyway), i'm sure they have fans who go everyweek and would rather sit, I wonder what they do, stand anyway and go with the flow as its now deemed the norm, or moan their hieds off on the interweb about being forced to stand for 90 minutes. The funny thing is i've seen some fans stand at gigs and in pubs for 2 hours and more, yet if they have to stand at the fitba they are moaning their heads off, thats just the mentality of scottish fans though, full of moany barstewards, if they weren't moanin about standing, they'd be moaning at the ref, if they weren't moaning about the ref they'd be moaning at the time etc etc.

--------
21-03-2010, 09:34 PM

GG

"I'll do what I want and nobody's going to tell me different..." is a disgusting attitude. It's one thing if the guy spouting filth's on his own, but if he's in a group of half-a-dozen?

AS for TwoCarpets being blamed for posting on here about the young ned that threw the coin, or the others posting about racist abuse being directed at the black players from the Hibs supporters - I'd far rather people did that so that the problem can be addressed by the club, rather than everyone going into denial and pretending there's no problem.

'Course, TC should just have shut up about it, right? :rolleyes:

greenlex
21-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I was at that derby at Tynie last season and I can assure you I sat all through the match as did those around me. Didn't harm the atmosphere then. I stood yesterday as those around stood. I would have preferred to sit but stood so I could actually see. If that had been the last visit to Tynue in November I would have had something to say as I had done my knee ligaments the day before. Just a different slant on it.

Some people need to get a grip. Complaining about standing and 'poisonous' atmosphere's. Thats what the derbies are all about, bit aggro, some dodgy songs, few flags, bit banter, some boisterousness. If you can't handle it maybe sit in your lounge with the fire on and a glass of coco watching the game next time.

Best atmosphere in years, Tynie last season, only 1600 odd, hardcore support, Hibs support *** superb, all stood, usual songs, aggro/boisterousness, absulutely no complaints that night from anyone.

Man U, Liverpool, West Ham, Villa, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea plus others, all support stood all game every game (away games anyway), i'm sure they have fans who go everyweek and would rather sit, I wonder what they do, stand anyway and go with the flow as its now deemed the norm, or moan their hieds off on the interweb about being forced to stand for 90 minutes. The funny thing is i've seen some fans stand at gigs and in pubs for 2 hours and more, yet if they have to stand at the fitba they are moaning their heads off, thats just the mentality of scottish fans though, full of moany barstewards, if they weren't moanin about standing, they'd be moaning at the ref, if they weren't moaning about the ref they'd be moaning at the time etc etc.

jakki
22-03-2010, 06:51 AM

Antifa Hibs I would happily swop my legs for yours for 3 hours on a Saturday,Then I would be able to walk to my local bus stop, get the bus free of charge (OAP) into Edinburgh , change buses in Princes street and stroll along from Easter Road to the stadium and stand the whole game ignoring you that had to pay £60+ to get a return taxi to and from ER and to pay for two tickets( you would need a helper to get you up the stairs to get to your seat) but that would be my right to stand!

Thankfully, I'm quite happy listening to HTV even tho I have a wee moan now and then knowing that maybe one week I'll be lucky and rich enough to do that trip to ER.

marinello59
22-03-2010, 07:27 AM

I wish you would stop moaning about other Hibs fans.:devil:

Twa Cairpets
22-03-2010, 07:38 AM

Yes, and I was there too, up and down out my seat as the match demanded. I prefer to stand myself, but I've no problem sitting.

As for "needing to get a grip" - are you seriously for real? Having not missed a derby home or away for about 25 years (none of which from the comfort of my lounge with slippers on), I reckon I'm in a good place to judge the atmosphere. Whether or not it was the early kick-off, and loads of p!ssed-up laddies not being able to handle a morning bevvy, I dont know, but having to listen to and watch the turgid stupidity of "hard men" threatening tiny groups of Hearts fans on the way to the game was as pathetic as it was depressing.

Theres a line between "derby passion, banter and boistrousness" and being unacceptable, and for me, it was crossed far more often on saturday than I've seen at past derbies. Bottom line is that injuring a middle-aged woman (or anyone for that matter) by chucking a coin at her is unacceptable, and you cant write that off as ok because it was a derby and a "a bit of aggro" is ok.

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2010, 07:41 AM
They might do but the whole ground was singing/buzzing and not just one area so the vast majority of fans were seated but still having a high old time of it. Additionally, that was the season Koln were about to be relegated and yet their fans got behind them from beginning to end!

Christ imagine how mad they would be, if they were fighting for a place in europe?:wink: Imagine getting behind the team, even when they are playing sheite? Do you think it will ever catch on here?:bitchy:

Steve-O
22-03-2010, 07:56 AM
And what if it had been me behind you. Yes I'd be hopping around with a wafking stick and giving you F** for blocling my view/ Why can't these young tousers get back row seats?

As for throwing articles, my man took our 5 year old son to the fiirst Hibs Kids game and a bottle was thrown from the main stand into the enclosure where the Hibs Kids were, the wee lad right in front of my son had his head burst open. My man dictated there and then that not one of our kids would go to a Hibs match. It was 25 years later that we took our grandson to a Hibs match. A loss of a generation due to a Yob.

On the contrary, why don't all the auld yins get front row seats? :greengrin

jakki
22-03-2010, 08:36 AM
On the contrary, why don't all the auld yins get front row seats? :greengrin
Because by the time we hobble to the TO (we're all too auld to be able to use the new fangle thingwie which is on line booking or canny afford the extra booking fee) the front rows are taken up by the fitter and standup( no matter the auldies behind me who canny stand) fans .:greengrin

Hey, lets make a comprimise. All fit under 40yo fans, don't book seats lower than half way and that would leave the lower half for us auld cronnies to sit and watch the game in peace.Gosh that might even help the atmosphere to get to where it was 40 years ago when us auldies stood in the pouring rain withoot a roof and sang our hearts oot :greengrin:greengrin

Jay
22-03-2010, 09:17 AM

Did he ask you not to shout too or are you just adding that in for effect?

Yep lucky luck lucky!

And that was because of the man and not what was happening on the pitch?

:faf::faf::faf:

Best laugh I've had in ages. Dont agree obviously. Apart from there being reason why people cant stand maybe they just dont want to and have that right.Personally I cant stand for any length of time as I faint but I am sure you wouldn't mind tiny little old me falling on top of you :greengrin

Anyhoo thanks for the giggle.

Antifa Hibs
22-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Yes, and I was there too, up and down out my seat as the match demanded. I prefer to stand myself, but I've no problem sitting.

As for "needing to get a grip" - are you seriously for real? Having not missed a derby home or away for about 25 years (none of which from the comfort of my lounge with slippers on), I reckon I'm in a good place to judge the atmosphere. Whether or not it was the early kick-off, and loads of p!ssed-up laddies not being able to handle a morning bevvy, I dont know, but having to listen to and watch the turgid stupidity of "hard men" threatening tiny groups of Hearts fans on the way to the game was as pathetic as it was depressing.

Theres a line between "derby passion, banter and boistrousness" and being unacceptable, and for me, it was crossed far more often on saturday than I've seen at past derbies. Bottom line is that injuring a middle-aged woman (or anyone for that matter) by chucking a coin at her is unacceptable, and you cant write that off as ok because it was a derby and a "a bit of aggro" is ok.

Not that i'm condoning it, but common sense has to prevail in some instances, some people need to use the head. Heard/seen it before, dafties walking along Gorgie Road in Hibs gear or up Easter Road past the nip in Hertz gear, then complain about getting abuse dished out to them. If your gonna do that, hide yer colours and keep the head down, or change your route. We had a m8 that done the same thing for the last Derby at Easter Road (New year), walked down Easter Road past Middletons, Hibs scarf and hat on show, then gets into the ground and complains about how he was called a Hibby so-and-so etc looking for sympathy, though he was told to man up and take it on the chin if he is going to be so daft, or change his route the next time.

Again, not condoning it, but WTF was a middle-aged women doing bang smack in the middle of Section N. The game wasn't sold out, why not get a seat further along the main stand, or in the family section or even with the suits in the wheatfield..? But naw, she decides to sit/stand herself with a few hundred radge hertz fans in a notorious wee section, right next to the Hibs support...

marinello59
22-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Again, not condoning it, but WTF was a middle-aged women doing bang smack in the middle of Section N. The game wasn't sold out, why not get a seat further along the main stand, or in the family section or even with the suits in the wheatfield..? But naw, she decides to sit/stand herself with a few hundred radge hertz fans in a notorious wee section, right next to the Hibs support...

So she was asking for it? Seriously? Geezus wept.

Owain_1987
22-03-2010, 10:35 AM

I heard that to made me feel sick in-fact felt it was so bad thought of e mailing the club as fine shout at Hearts player but calling them black ********* is so far out of order.

Antifa Hibs
22-03-2010, 10:43 AM
So she was asking for it? Seriously? Geezus wept.

Naw. And Naw.

marinello59
22-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Naw. And Naw.

So what does where she was sitting have to do with anything?

Antifa Hibs
22-03-2010, 10:57 AM

Nout really. Just wondering why a middle-aged women would want to stand with a bunch of 18-30 radge pissed Jambos in what has always been on a notorious wee section, which is situated right next to the away support, in a passionate game like the Edinburgh Derby, especially when there is seats elsewhere....

Hermit Crab
22-03-2010, 11:30 AM

If your that desperate to stand at football, i mean if thats what you love then i really hope you have a ticket for the TERRACING tomorrow night at dingwall. A proper terrace where nobody can say to you sit down son. You will be in your element. If your not going then you cant be that big on standing at the games then eh. :yawn:

At the very least you should be going purely for the standing if not to watch the Hibs????

Twa Cairpets
22-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Nout really. Just wondering why a middle-aged women would want to stand with a bunch of 18-30 radge pissed Jambos in what has always been on a notorious wee section, which is situated right next to the away support, in a passionate game like the Edinburgh Derby, especially when there is seats elsewhere....

There were several older women in that area, well away from the tubes, right in the corner - I dont know why they were there. Maybe parents/grandparents of the kids who played at half-time, the woman appeared to have some type of pass around her neck.

But it doesnt matter really, does it. Youve tried to excuse the incident, and blame everyone apart from the d!ckhead who did it.

Not that i'm condoning it, but common sense has to prevail in some instances, some people need to use the head.
I see the irony bypass went well.

Heard/seen it before, dafties walking along Gorgie Road in Hibs gear or up Easter Road past the nip in Hertz gear, then complain about getting abuse dished out to them. If your gonna do that, hide yer colours and keep the head down, or change your route. We had a m8 that done the same thing for the last Derby at Easter Road (New year), walked down Easter Road past Middletons, Hibs scarf and hat on show, then gets into the ground and complains about how he was called a Hibby so-and-so etc looking for sympathy, though he was told to man up and take it on the chin if he is going to be so daft, or change his route the next time.

So when I walked up past the Four-in-Hand and the Hearts fans bus got bottled and attacked a couple of years ago that was me avoiding trouble was it? Face it, we have supporters who are lowlife, Hearts have supporters who are lowlife, the Old Firm have lots of supporters who are lowlife and the behaviour of all of them, of whatever support is equally reprehensible.

Your barely disguised contempt that someone like me might be less than accepting of such behaviour is every bit as much of the problem as the knuckle draggers themselves. Maybe I should "man up and take it on the chin", but you know what, I dont want to.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-03-2010, 11:52 AM

Maybe he was meaning if you fly with the crows, you get shot down with the crows...:duck:

In all seriousness, you cant condone that kind of thing, but everyone knows there are bams about, and im sure the coin would have been just as likely to have flown the other way.

Unfortunately, derbies bring out the worst in people, not that thats any consoltation to the woman, although i have to admit i do find the idea of some gentile woman spectating at a sporting occasion sitting in THAT section a bit hard to fathom

Twa Cairpets
22-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Maybe he was meaning if you fly with the crows, you get shot down with the crows...:duck:

In all seriousness, you cant condone that kind of thing, but everyone knows there are bams about, and im sure the coin would have been just as likely to have flown the other way.

Unfortunately, derbies bring out the worst in people, not that thats any consoltation to the woman, although i have to admit i do find the idea of some gentile woman spectating at a sporting occasion sitting in THAT section a bit hard to fathom

Im sure that is exactly what he was meaning, still doesnt make it right.

There are bams on all sides, and that is what makes it so deeply wearying - Ive seen Hearts fans leather people for no reason other than wearing a green hat, Huns hurling cups of p!sh, Aberdeen fans smacking a young lassie, and all of these are equal behaviours of sub-human trash behaving in a way that some people seem to accept because its "all part of football". The depressing thing is the number of apologists for it on here. If the coin had come the other way - and I'm sure you're right that it could easily have done - there would be outrage here about these ****my Hearts *******s from all those people who have defended it,and would be used as justification for some form of retribution in the future.

Antifa Hibs
22-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Wonder how you'd all cope in the panathinaikos olympiakos derby. Standing, bangers/bombs, smokes, flares, the lot for the whole 90 :cool2:

YouTube - panathinaikos olympiakos 0-1 (21-3-10) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYHX2SUW6Hk)
YouTube - ΘΥΡΑ 13 21.3.2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0JTdBut3oY)

We have one dafty lob a coin, some banter between fans walking to the ground and people are wanting folk castrated for it:faf:

lapsedhibee
22-03-2010, 12:54 PM
i do find the idea of some gentile woman spectating at a sporting occasion sitting in THAT section a bit hard to fathom

More likely, in that particular section, than if she was not gentile. :wink:

marinello59
22-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Wonder how you'd all cope in the panathinaikos olympiakos derby. Standing, bangers/bombs, smokes, flares, the lot for the whole 90 :cool2:

We have one dafty lob a coin, some banter between fans walking to the ground and people are wanting folk castrated for it:faf:

Putting the falling down laughing smiley at the end of your post doesn't make your defence of a cowardly ersehole any more valid.

hibsbollah
22-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Putting the falling down laughing smiley at the end of your post doesn't make your defence of a cowardly ersehole any more valid.

As has been noted previously, antifahibs doesnt consider a day out at the football complete until a vespa is set on fire and launched onto rival fans below:wink:

Twa Cairpets
22-03-2010, 01:23 PM

There is a world of difference between atmosphere and casual, unthinking acts of thuggery. Its a shame you cant see it.

Ive been to about 50 games in England from the Premiership to the Conference over past 4 or 5 years, all different grounds. The vast majority seem to be able generate atmosphere whether or not they're standing or sitting, the same in Germany and Holland. Most - amazingly - seem to be able to do it without flares, if you can believe it!! (the exceptions to this are Reading and Wigan - very very dull).

The easiest way maybe for you to think of it is (a) if it was your Mum, for the sake of argument, who got sconed by a coin and had to be taken away in tears for treatment, would you be happy, and (b) if you had happened to walk the wrong way, and came across some p!ssed Hearts fans who started dancing around in front of you and threatening to kick your c*** in, would you be happy with that (regardless if they did or not) because its just banter?

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2010, 01:42 PM
There is a world of difference between atmosphere and casual, unthinking acts of thuggery. Its a shame you cant see it.

Ive been to about 50 games in England from the Premiership to the Conference over past 4 or 5 years, all different grounds. The vast majority seem to be able generate atmosphere whether or not they're standing or sitting, the same in Germany and Holland. Most - amazingly - seem to be able to do it without flares, if you can believe it!! (the exceptions to this are Reading and Wigan - very very dull).

The easiest way maybe for you to think of it is (a) if it was your Mum, for the sake of argument, who got sconed by a coin and had to be taken away in tears for treatment, would you be happy, and (b) if you had happened to walk the wrong way, and came across some p!ssed Hearts fans who started dancing around in front of you and threatening to kick your c*** in, would you be happy with that (regardless if they did or not) because its just banter?
:top marksThe behaviour of some Hibs fans disgusted me on Saturday, and yes I've been to many football matches in my lifetime and witnessed similar acts of thuggery. It still doesn't take away from the fact that I was disgusted on Saturday. And to the erse hole who tore down the sign in the concourse on the way out, it was me who shouted at you and called you a ****in idiot as you clearly are!!

Joe Baker II
22-03-2010, 03:15 PM

It is not just young men who like a boisterous atmosphere, there are some females who feel the same.

But incident does not exactly suggest that the "health and safety" reasons often spouted in support of all-seated grounds eliminate this sort of behaviour.

Peevemor
22-03-2010, 03:22 PM
It is not just young men who like a boisterous atmosphere, there are some females who feel the same.

But incident does not exactly suggest that the "health and safety" reasons often spouted in support of all-seated grounds eliminate this sort of behaviour.

Unless the coin thrower was filmed on CCTV and could then be identified from ticket office records.

kev1875
22-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Given that the police were there and had cameras pointed at the section where it came from, im sure if they were so minded they would have done so.

Frankly, I dont giving a bucket of rat spit what Hearts fans think. Their neanderthals are loathsome pond life, and their opinions of me or us are not going to be particularly affected by a thread here. What does get astound me is that you are more concerned that I didnt go wading in myself rather than be utterly p!ssed off that some pathetic little jakeball thought he'd get his jollies from doing what he did, and therefore setting the rest of us for being tarred with that same brush.

Pish, what concerns me is that you witnessed a crime that could have caused serious damage to an innocent woman and you could have helped the police. What did you do? Nothing. How do you know the police were aware of where the object came from? Or are you choosing to ignore these facts to make yourself look good? I did not for one moment suggest you go wading in, its obvious to normal minded people the best thing is to inform the police or the stewards. Posting it on here achieves cheese.:rolleyes:

kev1875
22-03-2010, 06:11 PM

"I'll do what I want and nobody's going to tell me different..." is a disgusting attitude. It's one thing if the guy spouting filth's on his own, but if he's in a group of half-a-dozen?

AS for TwoCarpets being blamed for posting on here about the young ned that threw the coin, or the others posting about racist abuse being directed at the black players from the Hibs supporters - I'd far rather people did that so that the problem can be addressed by the club, rather than everyone going into denial and pretending there's no problem.

'Course, TC should just have shut up about it, right? :rolleyes:

Blamed? Whos blaming? He saw someone throw a coin from a group and chose to do nothing then comes on here and posts it. Why? Whats the point? If it bothered you that much then do something about it at the time.

Do you honestly think the club are interested in whats posted on here? Shirley no.

marinello59
22-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Blamed? Whos blaming? He saw someone throw a coin from a group and chose to do nothing then comes on here and posts it. Why? Whats the point? If it bothered you that much then do something about it at the time.

Do you honestly think the club are interested in whats posted on here? Shirley no.

Go on then. What should and shouldn't be posted on here? What subjects are acceptable? Does it matter if the club reads the thread or not. We are fans discussing Hibs with fellow fans? Do let us know and post up a list for us to work from.

kev1875
22-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Go on then. What should and shouldn't be posted on here? What subjects are acceptable? Does it matter if the club reads the thread or not. We are fans discussing Hibs with fellow fans? Do let us know and post up a list for us to work from.

Things that have a point. He's posted about a guy throwing a coin at a woman. Is someone going to come on and say its acceptable? no. So whats the point? You tell me whats acceptable. Your the admin with all the power.

marinello59
22-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Things that have a point. He's posted about a guy throwing a coin at a woman. Is someone going to come on and say its acceptable? no. So whats the point? You tell me whats acceptable. Your the admin with all the power.

I ain't the one trying to tell people that the topic shouldn't be posted up. Totally up to the members here what they choose to discuss.

kev1875
22-03-2010, 06:38 PM
I ain't the one trying to tell people that the topic shouldn't be posted up. Totally up to the members here what they choose to discuss.

Aye well im choosing to discuss what shouldn't be discussed.:grr:

marinello59
22-03-2010, 06:42 PM

:greengrin
Fair enough.

judas
22-03-2010, 06:43 PM
You spin me right round baby right round
like a record baby right round, right round.

kev1875
22-03-2010, 06:47 PM

Pete Burns is a yam.

One Day Soon
22-03-2010, 06:53 PM

In this discussion I thought you were choosing to tell us what shouldn't be discussed rather than discussing what shouldn't be discussed. For what its worth I think its disgusting that we are now discussing the discussion on the disgusting behaviour of the yob concerned rather than discussing his disgusting behaviour.

judas
22-03-2010, 07:03 PM
In this discussion I thought you were choosing to tell us what shouldn't be discussed rather than discussing what shouldn't be discussed. For what its worth I think its disgusting that we are now discussing the discussion on the disgusting behaviour of the yob concerned rather than discussing his disgusting behaviour.

great post pal. Just great!

At last, someone making sense.

:agree:

.Sean.
22-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Pete Burns is a yam.
He certainly looks like one :agree:

Killiehibbie
22-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Would this 5 pager have even got going if the guy who threw the coin had hit one of the deserving targets in that section?

Twa Cairpets
22-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Pish, what concerns me is that you witnessed a crime that could have caused serious damage to an innocent woman and you could have helped the police. What did you do? Nothing. How do you know the police were aware of where the object came from? Or are you choosing to ignore these facts to make yourself look good? I did not for one moment suggest you go wading in, its obvious to normal minded people the best thing is to inform the police or the stewards. Posting it on here achieves cheese.:rolleyes:

It's a fair cop. I'm now completely clear that I'm in the wrong because I didn't don the cape of a Have a Go hero. Knowing that one of a group of three or four p!ssed guys - with a penchant for random acts of thuggery - committed an act of mindless stupidity and failing to wade in/ report them to a pluky steward on minimum wage makes me the moral backslider.

I would of course apologise to all for raising the thread in the first place, and bow unreservedly to the stout citizen that is Kev1875. Kev, be sure to PM me your email address so I can make sure I pass your stringent quality mark for posting in the future.

One Day Soon
22-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Would this 5 pager have even got going if the guy who threw the coin had hit one of the deserving targets in that section?

'one of the deserving targets' - Haven't you been paying any attention at all you pyromaniacal nut?

Fantic
22-03-2010, 07:40 PM
'one of the deserving targets' - Haven't you been paying any attention at all you pyromaniacal nut?

Who threw the petrol bomb?

kev1875
22-03-2010, 07:44 PM
It's a fair cop. I'm now completely clear that I'm in the wrong because I didn't don the cape of a Have a Go hero. Knowing that one of a group of three or four p!ssed guys - with a penchant for random acts of thuggery - committed an act of mindless stupidity and failing to wade in/ report them to a pluky steward on minimum wage makes me the moral backslider.

I would of course apologise to all for raising the thread in the first place, and bow unreservedly to the stout citizen that is Kev1875. Kev, be sure to PM me your email address so I can make sure I pass your stringent quality mark for posting in the future.

Wade in again? Stop posting that to make yourself look good. You look like more of a tit every time you use it. I'll put it in capitals this time. REPORT THE 3 OR 4 PEOPLE YOU SAID THAT THE COIN CAME FROM TO THE POLICE OR STEWARDS. Job done.

Your apology for raising the thread is accepted.

My email is:

One Day Soon
22-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Wade in again? Stop posting that to make yourself look good. You look like more of a tit every time you use it. I'll put it in capitals this time. REPORT THE 3 OR 4 PEOPLE YOU SAID THAT THE COIN CAME FROM TO THE POLICE OR STEWARDS. Job done.

My email is:

I don't know why but your email address seemed to bounce back. Did you spell 'root' correctly in the version you gave?

He was quite right to start the thread. Intervention by police or stewards might have gotten someone lifted but in the long run peer pressure is what has the strongest effect on behaviour. It doesn't matter whether that's in relation to drink-driving, racism or random acts of violence. If we don't talk about it and let these idiots know what we, their fellow fans, think about it then they are more likely - not less - to do it again in the future.

Twa Cairpets
22-03-2010, 08:43 PM

My email is:

So I'm not looking good for not "wading in" (either metaphorically or in practice), and at the same time trying to look good by using the phrase? Hmmmm.

Oh, and the apology - sarcastic though it was - is retracted. If you think I'm the one who is looking like (as you so eloquently put) a tit, we have massively differing understandings of what a tit is.

wee 162
22-03-2010, 11:05 PM
I don't know why but your email address seemed to bounce back. Did you spell 'root' correctly in the version you gave?

He was quite right to start the thread. Intervention by police or stewards might have gotten someone lifted but in the long run peer pressure is what has the strongest effect on behaviour. It doesn't matter whether that's in relation to drink-driving, racism or random acts of violence. If we don't talk about it and let these idiots know what we, their fellow fans, think about it then they are more likely - not less - to do it again in the future.

And threads on the internet are definitely the way to do that. Every single time that someone has a complaint about something that happened at the game/ on the way to the game/ on the way back from the game/ later that night, and draws attention to it that's it sorted and it never happens again.

If someone is doing something that has pissed you off, pull them up for it at the time. I've done it a few times and haven't yet been battered senseless for it. The chances are that if you think that way, those around you might well think so as well and will be liable to back you up.

lEXO
23-03-2010, 12:19 AM
I,m pretty far from perfect to be honest.But you said there was no harm done, but someone hitting you with a coin is gonny hurt is it not?I should get a grip for stating that it,s wrong and gives us a bad name.You know what the op was right, regardless of the result it was a ****my thing to do,and if it highlights it and stops some other radge from doing the same, good.

Speedy
23-03-2010, 12:33 AM
This wasn't Petrie's 50p was it? :devil:

kev1875
23-03-2010, 08:47 PM
So I'm not looking good for not "wading in" (either metaphorically or in practice), and at the same time trying to look good by using the phrase? Hmmmm.

Oh, and the apology - sarcastic though it was - is retracted. If you think I'm the one who is looking like (as you so eloquently put) a tit, we have massively differing understandings of what a tit is.

:faf: Away and put your hands in a mincer you waffling trumpet.