PDA

View Full Version : Hearts wanted it more than Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 06:30 PM
That phrase makes me laugh. They played better than us today, but we wanted it as much as they did. An error caused the 1st goal, and quickly they got the 2nd. Does anyone who's played a bit of football know how easy it is to defend when you are winning, rather than attack when you are losing.

Whenever we lose, its always because we did not try hard enough, we are beginning to sound like Fergie.

Cabbage1875
20-03-2010, 06:33 PM
We weren't in their faces enough, we were 2 or 3 yards off them and that gave them the time they needed to piss all over us at times.

It has been a problem all season that we dont pick up second balls and as we seem to be continuing with this 'hammer it to Stokes' tactic, picking up second balls is pretty much all we can hope for in order to gain territorial advantage. If we're not doing that then we dont have a hope, as proved in the past few months in particular.

ronaldo7
20-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I would say we wanted it as much as them G, but I left Tiny feeling empty, as if we hadn't competed. The only pass marks today was the young lady passing the Roseburn in her Maroon(a moron) car getting pelters from the hibbies on the street.

We have to up our game for the run in or we're toast.:boo hoo:

MSK
20-03-2010, 07:05 PM
That phrase makes me laugh. They played better than us today, but we wanted it as much as they did. An error caused the 1st goal, and quickly they got the 2nd. Does anyone who's played a bit of football know how easy it is to defend when you are winning, rather than attack when you are losing.

Whenever we lose, its always because we did not try hard enough, we are beginning to sound like Fergie.Bollox !!!...they (yams) were everywhere today ..we chased ****in shadows...we were gutless in midfield..clueless at the back ..second to every ball & when we had the ball we lumped it up front !!!

Utter garbage performance from hibs !!!

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Bollox !!!...they (yams) were everywhere today ..we chased ****in shadows...we were gutless in midfield..clueless at the back ..second to every ball & when we had the ball we lumped it up front !!!

Utter garbage performance from hibs !!!

They did play better than us, we did chase shadows, we were clueless, but i dont agree they were not trying every bit as hard as them.

MSK
20-03-2010, 07:16 PM
They did play better than us, we did chase shadows, we were clueless, but i dont agree they were not trying every bit as hard as them.Aye they did ..3 points were at stake ..they were tuned in ..they, given their makeshift team harrassed & harried us in every department..we made them look ****in good ... take yer blinkers of mate !!

We were gutless ..we had absolutley no passion whatsoever ..it was a derby ffs !!!!

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Aye they did ..3 points were at stake ..they were tuned in ..they, given their makeshift team harrassed & harried us in every department..we made them look ****in good ... take yer blinkers of mate !!

We were gutless ..we had absolutley no passion whatsoever ..it was a derby ffs !!!!
I have no glasses on, we lost the game, they played better than us. As for a makeshift team. We had 2 full backs who never play, Rankin again in a green and white shirt., Nish suspended, Murray at centre half, hardly full strength eh.

Hibercelona
20-03-2010, 07:30 PM
We didn't want it as much as them.

If we did, then we would have easily brushed them off.

Look at the quality we have compared to theirs.

It sickens me....

But Hearts wanted it more.

MSK
20-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I have no glasses on, we lost the game, they played better than us. As for a makeshift team. We had 2 full backs who never play, Rankin again in a green and white shirt., Nish suspended, Murray at centre half, hardly full strength eh.What are ye slavering aboot then ..? refer to yer first post ..if we cannae gee ourselves up for a derby regardless of who is injured or who is no then we might as well gie up !!! ..the day ..**** knows what yogi says to motivate his troops but he is better getting advice from JJ because the yam tramps were way more commited & organised than we were !!!! ..jeez ****in O ...

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 07:34 PM
What are ye slavering aboot then ..? refer to yer first post ..if we cannae gee ourselves up for a derby regardless of who is injured or who is no then we might as well gie up !!! ..the day ..**** knows what yogi says to motivate his troops but he is better getting advice from JJ because the yam tramps were way more commited & organised than we were !!!! ..jeez ****in O ...

Slavering, I said we were hardly at full strength, like the yams, we played badly, they didnt. We lost, but not through lack of effort imho, we lost because they played better than us, it can happen you know.

Shrekko
20-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Anyone who genuinely thinks Hearts didnt want it more than us today must have been on mind bending drugs during the game.

I dont just mean flying about like headless chickens, I mean wanting the ball, making themselves available for the ball, not being scared to pass it or try something constructive, not letting their heads drop when things were going against them.

Absolutely f***** disgraceful performance.

That Hearts team genuinely is one of the poorest in living memory so no excuses. It's a miracle we were still in the game at the end.

Horse
20-03-2010, 08:13 PM

Whenever we lose, its always because we did not try hard enough, we are beginning to sound like Fergie.

No, on this occasion Hearts wanted it more than us. The only two Hibs players who showed anything that resembled passion today were Stevenson and Murray. Regardless of how Hearts got their goals, they could've been 3 or 4 up by the time we got our goal. Christ, we barely had a shot on target until we scored. Not acceptable for a team who allegedly have one of the most formidable strike forces in the league.

Hearts won today not because they are world beaters but because they fought for the win - Hibs need to start doing that pretty quickly or our season will be over because lets face it we are a long way from being world beaters ourselves.

jakedance
20-03-2010, 08:22 PM
It's embarassing how often our team lose the physical battle to be honest. I'm sure they're trying their best but they're just not competing in this league, they don't have the physical qualities. We've been bailed out by a bit of quality at times but I can hardly remember a game this season where we've bossed the midfield.

Why can't Bamba move into midfield where he was so impressive last year? Let Hanlon get more experience where he'll be playing next year anyway.

Craig_in_Prague
20-03-2010, 08:26 PM
For over 100+ years Hearts have wanted a derby more than Hibs.

Is it coz they're always been a better team? no.

We tend to start "looking nice" ....tippy tappy *****.... then bang, we're 1 or even 2 down.

We're a spineless football club, and I can't see the point in a nice stadium and balance sheet...... which is all we are.

half.time.draw.
20-03-2010, 08:39 PM

Forgetting Stacks two outstanding saves?

We were poor get over it....

Andy74
20-03-2010, 08:40 PM

We tend to start "looking nice" ....tippy tappy *****.... then bang, we're 1 or even 2 down.

We're a spineless football club, and I can't see the point in a nice stadium and balance sheet...... which is all we are.

what we should do then is stop trying to sign good footballers and buy a team of battlers. I see what BH is saying and I don't think there was a lack of effort or desire - we just have players with a totally different style.

Maybe we need some different types and I am sure that will come.

Everything that makes us great on our day also makes us pretty pish on others. It's our firts league defeat to hearts in some time so if they usually want it more it's no tdone them much good.

It's a tricky one as we can't build our team around trying to physically match teams that aren't as good as us can we? Should we not, like the team of sauzee and latapy keep trying to get footballers that are consistently of a better standard?

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Snap out of it man. You've been here before, remember the strategies that got you through it. There is hope.

Anybody got the number for the Royal Ed.?

half.time.draw.
20-03-2010, 08:43 PM
We played the weakest Hearts team, they could play, and got destroyed, we are pish.
YOGI HAS NOT GOT A CLUE.

Craig_in_Prague
20-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Snap out of it man. You've been here before, remember the strategies that got you through it. There is hope.

Anybody got the number for the Royal Ed.?

Maybe I'm bitter I grew up through the 22 in a row *****,

but look at the 2 clubs stats versus each other...... says it all.

I am just surprised Hearts hate us so much........... they should technically like us, they have done so well.

half.time.draw.
20-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Maybe I'm bitter I grew up through the 22 in a row *****,

but look at the 2 clubs stats versus each other...... says it all.

I am just surprised Hearts hate us so much........... they should technically like us, they have done so well.

Saw the stats before the game, scary how pish we are............

bayhibs
20-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Slavering, I said we were hardly at full strength, like the yams, we played badly, they didnt. We lost, but not through lack of effort imho, we lost because they played better than us, it can happen you know.

I think clutching at the straws, Hogg/Zemmame being out doesn't equate to the same situation that the Jambos were in.

I do agree that they were miles better today - it surely comes down to three variables;
ability - we match them here
attitude/application - a poor second
organisation/ playing to a plan - poor second again

Think you have to look at why they playes better than us - not because they are better players IMHO but because they were more committed and played to a plan/tactics.

The responsibility for that lies at the managers door.

Dirkster23
20-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Anyone who genuinely thinks Hearts didnt want it more than us today must have been on mind bending drugs during the game.

I dont just mean flying about like headless chickens, I mean wanting the ball, making themselves available for the ball, not being scared to pass it or try something constructive, not letting their heads drop when things were going against them.

Absolutely f***** disgraceful performance.

That Hearts team genuinely is one of the poorest in living memory so no excuses. It's a miracle we were still in the game at the end.

:top marks

How anyone can say they didn't want it more than us is beyond me.

Their crap players, and they've got a few! made up for their lack of skill by working harder than our more talented players. They worked hard to close us down and played as a team.

Too many players in the current Hibs team that aren't up for a fight.

MSK
20-03-2010, 09:03 PM
:top marks

How anyone can say they didn't want it more than us is beyond me.

Their crap players, and they've got a few! made up for their lack of skill by working harder than our more talented players. They worked hard to close us down and played as a team.

Too many players in the current Hibs team that aren't up for a fight.Bang on ..we were pussy cats today ..we ****in bottled it ..no fight, no guts, no clue ..we rolled over & had our belly's tickled !!! :grr:

Hainan Hibs
20-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Sick and tired of watching skilful Hibs players rolling over and making Hearts look semi decent and letting them take victories.

Looking at the squad we have a good enough team to beat them. However in each derby the Yams have been fighting for every ball, getting in amongst us, making sure we had no time on the ball.

When Hearts had the ball the team may as well have sat with the fans in the stand and got out the popcorn.

There was no spine, no one wanted to take responsibility and get that team into gear, no one wanted to fight, no one wanted to get stuck in. Bunch of prima donnas.

I hope they enjoy their nightout in whatever bar they end up in tonight.

One Day Soon
20-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Saw the stats before the game, scary how pish we are............

OK, that's good enough for me.

LTYF

darwenhibby
20-03-2010, 09:31 PM
The Hibs have been sussed for the last few weeks.
Teams play us, win the battle and they will come away with some degree of a result.
Yogi has to learn to win the battle especially when all the pitches are in such a poor state of quality a the moment.
When we try to play football look at how the ball bobbles and players take that extra touch and are closed down.

Today was a result of us playing quite well without creating any real danger.
They scored down Stevensons side (How long can someone live off MOM in the Cup Final) and a distaster from Stacks (If that had been Maka the thread would still be running now.)
From that moment our heads went down and yes they wanted it more than us.
Its only a week since we could not get out of our own half in the second half against Ross County we were lethargic then and again today.

The problem with the Hibs at the moment is they are waiting for something to happen as opposed to making it happen.

If we do not get the sleeves rolled up on Tuesday from the Kick Off, well at least it will be a good bevvy session up there.

C'MON HIBS TURN THIS AROUND!!

One Day Soon
20-03-2010, 09:48 PM
The Hibs have been sussed for the last few weeks.
Teams play us, win the battle and they will come away with some degree of a result.
Yogi has to learn to win the battle especially when all the pitches are in such a poor state of quality a the moment.
When we try to play football look at how the ball bobbles and players take that extra touch and are closed down.

Today was a result of us playing quite well without creating any real danger.
They scored down Stevensons side (How long can someone live off MOM in the Cup Final) and a distaster from Stacks (If that had been Maka the thread would still be running now.)
From that moment our heads went down and yes they wanted it more than us.
Its only a week since we could not get out of our own half in the second half against Ross County we were lethargic then and again today.

The problem with the Hibs at the moment is they are waiting for something to happen as opposed to making it happen.

If we do not get the sleeves rolled up on Tuesday from the Kick Off, well at least it will be a good bevvy session up there.

C'MON HIBS TURN THIS AROUND!!

That's a spot on analysis. There is no decent football playing side that achieves the skilful stuff without first creating the physical platform on which to do it. It doesn't matter if you look at Man U, Arsenal, Barcelona or whatever, they all compete physically in a way that would be totally alien to the current Hibs side. Some of it isn't even physical, its about closing down space when you don't have the ball and terrising your opponents when they have it so that they can't pick easy passes.

We have too many players who are top class in thier own minds but fail to deliver on the pitch week in and week out and too many who are sadly just not good enough. Overlay that with a manager who is frankly still learning how to do the job at a higher level and you have a recipe for sublime or ridiculous by turn.

truehibernian
20-03-2010, 10:08 PM
We would however win the MPL (MiddleEarth Premier League) quite convincingly, with our outstanding array of Hobbit-like talent sprinkled throughout the side. We also have our very own moany faced Gollum in Derek Riordan. Our side is only slightly bigger than a standard subbuteo team. In fact, my Hibs subbuteo team puts in stronger tackles and has more pace, as long as I catch them right. Tis true.....it is indeed all in the wrist action. The whole side are as weak as Zouma's hamstrings.

Hainan Hibs
20-03-2010, 10:18 PM
We would however win the MPL (MiddleEarth Premier League) quite convincingly, with our outstanding array of Hobbit-like talent sprinkled throughout the side. We also have our very own moany faced Gollum in Derek Riordan. Our side is only slightly bigger than a standard subbuteo team. In fact, my Hibs subbuteo team puts in stronger tackles and has more pace, as long as I catch them right. Tis true.....it is indeed all in the wrist action. The whole side are as weak as Zouma's hamstrings.

:faf::faf::top marks

Bishop Hibee
20-03-2010, 10:32 PM

Agree 100%. No lack of effort, plenty lack of , confidence, belief and ability. I thought it was even until Stack virtually threw the ball in the net and then any confidence the players had vanished, Hearts got a quick second and we resorted to aimless hoofs. When we did get the ball down and play as they tired after Deek scored we looked better but it was too late.

Making Obua look the best player on the pitch is unacceptable though and Bamba especially should be having a good look at himself. As for those on here who wanted Thicot back, you got your answer why he's not been playing before. He's useless.

We've lacked pace and width all season and on Tuesday we'll be relying on Deek and Stokes to see us through :pray:

One Day Soon
20-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Agree 100%. No lack of effort, plenty lack of , confidence, belief and ability. I thought it was even until Stack virtually threw the ball in the net and then any confidence the players had vanished, Hearts got a quick second and we resorted to aimless hoofs. When we did get the ball down and play as they tired after Deek scored we looked better but it was too late.

Making Obua look the best player on the pitch is unacceptable though and Bamba especially should be having a good look at himself. As for those on here who wanted Thicot back, you got your answer why he's not been playing before. He's useless.

We've lacked pace and width all season and on Tuesday we'll be relying on Deek and Stokes to see us through :pray:

Yeah very good. What other Hibs players are you able to assess as 'useless' without them ever getting a run in the side?

truehibernian
20-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Close East Mains for a week and make them train on Portobello beach, Leith Links, and Arthurs Seat. 9-5, no day off. Let them suffer and punish them. Old school methods, "Motherwell Rules" (watch The Thick Of It) - our squad are a bunch of namby pamby wussies. None of them could fight sleep.

Andy74
20-03-2010, 10:57 PM

Sorry but what were you looking for thicot to do? I thought he was pretty good.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 11:06 PM

I thought he was ok, but i dont see a future at full back. Yogi wants his full backs to attack, and with the best will in the world, thicot's never going to be doing that.

Saying that, he deserves a chance at the moment, he's never really been given a chance, and when he has played, he's done ok.

Greenblood70
20-03-2010, 11:15 PM
In simple terms they did want it more than us today. We were second to most balls and rarely attacked anything in our own or their box. To pretend otherwise is ludicrous.

Man for man we were the better team on paper but we bottled it as usual against the poorest Hearts team I've seen in a derby for many a year.

We've been pish for weeks, playing ***** football and this was a culmination of our frailties. We were frankly lucky we didn't concede more in that shambolic 20 min period at the end of the first half.

Our manager is incapable of blending a decent unit from the best individual talent I can remember in many a year at ER. Its a sad inditement of his abilitiites that a team with the calibre of player of Motherwell is anywhere close to us in the league.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 11:29 PM
In simple terms they did want it more than us today. We were second to most balls and rarely attacked anything in our own or their box. To pretend otherwise is ludicrous.

Man for man we were the better team on paper but we bottled it as usual against the poorest Hearts team I've seen in a derby for many a year.

We've been pish for weeks, playing ***** football and this was a culmination of our frailties. We were frankly lucky we didn't concede more in that shambolic 20 min period at the end of the first half.

Our manager is incapable of blending a decent unit from the best individual talent I can remember in many a year at ER. Its a sad inditement of his abilitiites that a team with the calibre of player of Motherwell is anywhere close to us in the league.
Really, i think we have a couple of good players and a lot of mediocre ones, and a lot of ***** ones.

Bishop Hibee
20-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah very good. What other Hibs players are you able to assess as 'useless' without them ever getting a run in the side?

McCormack. I predict he'll be emptied in the summer and not get a club as big as Hibs.

Getting beyond the half way line would be a start. How about getting first to the ball ahead of the player he's marking? Why do you think Yogi has played Wotherspoon ahead of him most games this season. We'd have been as well sticking with Van Zanten (can't believe I'm sticking up for him). He always had a decent game against Driver at least.

Hopefully Yogi will clear out the deadwood in the close season and bring in a right back who can both attack and defend along with a midfielder who can get in the opponents box and get some goals.

Cod Boy
20-03-2010, 11:33 PM
I have no glasses on, we lost the game, they played better than us. As for a makeshift team. We had 2 full backs who never play, Rankin again in a green and white shirt., Nish suspended, Murray at centre half, hardly full strength eh.

blame rankin why dont you the whole team was crap

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 11:36 PM
blame rankin why dont you the whole team was crap

I'm not just blaming Rankin, although he is gash. the whole team were poor today, they were better.

One Day Soon
20-03-2010, 11:38 PM
I will be going to bed shortly.

In the spirit of this thread title do you think that when I get there I will 'want it more than Mrs One Day Soon'? And if I show the determination, energy and willingness to compete all over the bedroom as well as showing composure when scoring opportunities arise, that I will emerge after 90 minutes with all three points and no injuries?

Cod Boy
20-03-2010, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2395630]I'm not just blaming Rankin, although he is gash. the wholeteam were poor today, they were better.[/QU

yes they where but you did name drop rankin in a previous post

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2395630]I'm not just blaming Rankin, although he is gash. the wholeteam were poor today, they were better.[/QU

yes they where but you did name drop rankin in a previous post

So?

Cod Boy
20-03-2010, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE=stenhouse hibby;2395648]

So?
rankin your scapegoat then?

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 11:50 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2395652]
rankin your scapegoat then?

One of them, along with stack, stokes miller and stevenson, i'd also throw in McBride and bamba for good measure.

Greenblood70
20-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Really, i think we have a couple of good players and a lot of mediocre ones, and a lot of ***** ones.

A couple suggests two ..imo these are our decent players, mediocre and franlky not good enough -

Decent

Smith - Goalkeeper (mystifyingly dropped by our manager)

Wotherspoon - continually played out of position until his form and confidence have suffered.

Murray - usually dependable but being moved all over the place in a panic measure to cover for the inadequacies of our so called captain.

Bamba - imo overrated but as a Ivory Coast international he needs to be considered as a "good" at our level

Miller - superb for most of the season and on a hiding to nothing most weeks in the SPL as he is outnumbered by lumbering giants.

Riordan - capable of being the difference between a 0-0 and a win.

Stokes - goal machine

Mediocre

Stack - not as good as Smith or Brown imo and only Yogi knows why he plays in front of them.

McBride - honest SPL trier..no complaints at all. Works his arse off most games to cover for Yogis mystifying tactics.

Zemamma - capable of being the best player in the team - unfortunately he only performs once in every three games.

Benji - shocking attitude, decent ability

Needing punted

Hogg - frankly hopeless as a player or captain

Stevenson - has gone backwards since his first season

Rankin - couldn't find a green jersey if his life depended on it

Nish - capable of being mediocre but clumsy, lazy and too poor a finisher to be at a level we aspire to.

Thicot - if he can't get a regular start in this defence it tells you all you need to know.

Maka- On his way hopefully

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-03-2010, 12:10 AM
what we should do then is stop trying to sign good footballers and buy a team of battlers. I see what BH is saying and I don't think there was a lack of effort or desire - we just have players with a totally different style.

Maybe we need some different types and I am sure that will come.

Everything that makes us great on our day also makes us pretty pish on others. It's our firts league defeat to hearts in some time so if they usually want it more it's no tdone them much good.

It's a tricky one as we can't build our team around trying to physically match teams that aren't as good as us can we? Should we not, like the team of sauzee and latapy keep trying to get footballers that are consistently of a better standard?

We dont have to. We have a good enough squad to compete most weeks without cloggers. Would be nice to have a couple of squad players with a bit of bite for the type of games where it is needed tho (like Hertz / St J / St M). Maybe older guys signed as squad players who would would be pragmatic enough to kow they'd not play every week? :hmmm:

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 10:35 AM
We dont have to. We have a good enough squad to compete most weeks without cloggers. Would be nice to have a couple of squad players with a bit of bite for the type of games where it is needed tho (like Hertz / St J / St M). Maybe older guys signed as squad players who would would be pragmatic enough to kow they'd not play every week? :hmmm:

I disagree, and agree at the same time.:wink: We have a good enough squad to be in there for a chase for Europe. We don't have a good enough squad to run away with 3rd, and that's what i feel a lot of folk think we should be doing.

Baldy Foghorn
21-03-2010, 02:32 PM

They chased us in packs, out fought us, out passed us, out played us.....

Was that not evident?:confused:

Expecting Rain
21-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I thought professional players were supposed to enjoy what they do, considering you are only on the ball for minutes in the entire game, it would suggest that working hard off the ball would get its rewards, i`ve just been sitting watching Liverpool against Man United, composed and enjoying possession when they have the ball and working their socks off to deny Man United space when they don`t have it.
Yesterday Hearts were up for it as they always are, not particularly silky but nonetheless knowing the meaning of a derby, too often we`ve gone to Tynecastle and lost the game before a ball is kicked in my opinion, if you are scared the occasion, scared of the ball, scared to take responsibility and scared of the atmosphere, let the manager know during the week.:wink: