PDA

View Full Version : Clear out at the end of the season.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Players who will leave and others i hope will leave in the summer.
Bamba
Stevenson
Rankin
Thicot
Cregg
Maka
McCormack
Zemamma
Benji
Gow.
This will free up plenty of places for some players with better attitudes, more skill and fight, and added to whats left will hopefully turn another transitional season into a good one.:thumbsup:

Expecting Rain
20-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Bamba
Stevenson
Rankin
Thicot
Cregg
Maka
McCormack
Zemamma
Benji
Gow.
This will free up plenty of places for some players with better attitudes, more skill and fight, and added to whats left will hopefully turn another transitional season into a good one.:thumbsup:

What, no Hogg and Nish.:wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
20-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Bamba
Stevenson
Rankin
Thicot
Cregg
Maka
McCormack
Zemamma
Benji
Gow.

I can honestly say I would not miss any of them apart from Bamba. The Moroccans are too hot and cold and Gow is only a loan deal in any case.

Hogg and Nish can go as far as I'm concerned as well.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 04:14 PM
What, no Hogg and Nish.:wink:

Squad players, fillers when we have diddy cup games.:wink:

millarco
20-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Bamba
Stevenson
Rankin
Thicot
Cregg
Maka
McCormack
Zemamma
Benji
Gow.

Would like to see Bamba, Zemmama and Benji stay from that list, though I doubt that will happen.

bobbyhibs1983
20-03-2010, 04:21 PM
I understand why us fans would want a clear out but my only worry would be the players who have contracts beyond this season,i mean how many of the players would let the club just rip up there contracts without us paying them some sorta composation?

are we, as a club willing to do that?

seanraff07
20-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Bamba
Stevenson
Rankin
Thicot
Cregg
Maka
McCormack
Zemamma
Benji
Gow.

I'd like to see Thicot, Zemmama and Benji stay out of that lot, the rest can go where they like as far as i'm concerned.
Who do you think we should try and get as replacements?

johnbc70
20-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I'd like to see Thicot, Zemmama and Benji stay out of that lot, the rest can go where they like as far as i'm concerned.
Who do you think we should try and get as replacements?

There in lies the problem, are we going to get better players than them to replace them. That list is a lot of players either in the first team or on the fringes of the first team, would agree with most of them but have to say I cannot see us getting better players to replace them with.

Still would rather lose 10 and bring in 3/4 quality players.

Judas Iscariot
20-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Get rid - Rankin, Stevenson, Hogg, Maka, Cregg, McCormack, McCann

Won't resign - Benji, Gow

Will be sold - Bamba, Zemamma? Stokes?

We really, really need a RB, good commanding centre half, strong, physical Centre Midfielder and a PROPER target man..

An Leargaidh
20-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Just sell off the entire squad and buy the entire Ross County team. I'm sure The Tash would be up for it if it looked good on a balance sheet :-D

noseyhibby
20-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Bamba
Stevenson
Rankin
Thicot
Cregg
Maka
McCormack
Zemamma
Benji
Gow.
I concur with your list but would add Hogg. Our captain has had long enough to establish himself as a stalwart, but hasn't.

Hainan Hibs
20-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I'd keep Thicot and give him a run in the team.

Don't know if we could replace Zemmama and Benji with similiar quality but then we don't see their quality anywhere near as much as we should.

Bookkeeper
20-03-2010, 08:38 PM

We really, really need a RB, good commanding centre half, strong, physical Centre Midfielder and a PROPER target man..

:agree: Good summation.

Don't think McCann will come back at the required level sadly.

Benji flatters to decieve, again sadly.

Thought Gow would be a good aquisition, but in the games I've seen him he looks a chickenhearted type - not what we need.

I just hope we can get the required qualities in the players we sign in the summer.

Craig_in_Prague
20-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Transitional season after another eh?

When i told my wife in August that i was happy with the new manager and team, she said it won't be too long before you're complaining about him.
Can't believe it turned out like that this season.

i thought under Yogi, we'd be street (pitch) wise... we wouldn't be spineless...... we'd be hard to beat..... yadda yadda........we're the same old tippy tappy spineless p.i.s.h.

Bookkeeper
20-03-2010, 09:05 PM
What we need is some long term planning. The manager has to set the ethos and framework for the club to progress. I thought (hoped) we'd get a squad of players with the physical and mental toughness that Yogi had as a player. We are too lightweight (physically and mentally), lacking in drive and ambition and lacking in match sharpness. These should be addresssed by the management and hopefully they are being, but it will take time. This club has been drifting for a few years and I hope Yogi is the man to get it by the scruff of the neck and instil some of these qualities. If players are unable or unwilling to man up, then get them out.( but this takes time with contracts running down etc). Hard hat on now but John Collins had some good ideas but was the wrong personality to get the ideas over and for the players to buy into them.

Players come and go so transition is inevitable, but as long as the underlying qualities and direction of the club and team is in place, we will keep progressing. I hope Yogi is the man to do this. Kinda like the guy!

YetholmHibee
20-03-2010, 09:26 PM
What we need is some long term planning. The manager has to set the ethos and framework for the club to progress. I thought (hoped) we'd get a squad of players with the physical and mental toughness that Yogi had as a player. We are too lightweight (physically and mentally), lacking in drive and ambition and lacking in match sharpness. These should be addresssed by the management and hopefully they are being, but it will take time. This club has been drifting for a few years and I hope Yogi is the man to get it by the scruff of the neck and instil some of these qualities. If players are unable or unwilling to man up, then get them out.( but this takes time with contracts running down etc). Hard hat on now but John Collins had some good ideas but was the wrong personality to get the ideas over and for the players to buy into them.

Players come and go so transition is inevitable, but as long as the underlying qualities and direction of the club and team is in place, we will keep progressing. I hope Yogi is the man to do this. Kinda like the guy!

:agree:

Steve-O
20-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Transitional season after another eh?

When i told my wife in August that i was happy with the new manager and team, she said it won't be too long before you're complaining about him.
Can't believe it turned out like that this season.

i thought under Yogi, we'd be street (pitch) wise... we wouldn't be spineless...... we'd be hard to beat..... yadda yadda........we're the same old tippy tappy spineless p.i.s.h.

We have been in a transitional period since Miller left! :agree:

BEEJ
20-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Bamba
Stevenson
Rankin
Thicot
Cregg
Maka
McCormack
Zemamma
Benji
Gow.
And assuming that the events of the last seven weeks or so at Hibs are not 100% the faults of the playing squad, what lessons should Yogi be learning about his own performance to take with him into next season?

The_Horde
21-03-2010, 12:06 AM

Add to that a pacey, tricky winger. :agree:

fatbloke
21-03-2010, 12:36 AM
We have been in a transitional period since Miller left! :agree:

:agree::grr::boo hoo: :top marks

Baader
21-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Add to that a pacey, tricky winger. :agree:

Which we may already have in Galbraith. Why do we never get to see him? :grr:

Diclonius
21-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Cregg, Rankin, Stevenson and Gow if they left wouldn't really bother me.

We also need to start planning for a future without Bamba and Hanlon is a start.

rossi
21-03-2010, 01:44 AM
The next time a Hibs player who's doing well is thinking about maybe leaving I'll remember this thread when everyone's going on about players showing loyalty to the club.:wink:

Liberal Hibby
21-03-2010, 01:44 AM
I think continuity is both important (and cheap) - Hibs will be a worse team next season if we have a clear out.

weonlywon6-2
21-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Would like to see Bamba, Zemmama and Benji stay from that list, though I doubt that will happen.

was just going to put that as well !!

as for the rest, yeah bye bye

hibsbollah
21-03-2010, 07:15 AM
The next time a Hibs player who's doing well is thinking about maybe leaving I'll remember this thread when everyone's going on about players showing loyalty to the club.:wink:

:faf::top marks

Aldo
21-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Agree with some of that but for me

Thicot - never a football player
Stevenson - not good enough for this level
Rankin - will never get a chance with the fans
Bamba - will be sold
Zemmama - see bamba
Benji - will leave under freedom of contact
Cregg - see Benji
Gow - Loan expires
Stokes - possibility of being sold

there are many more that may get dumped but who knows

After yesterday they can all go unless they show a bit more commitment for the cause.

gogsy23
21-03-2010, 07:33 AM
totally agree with op
i dont see what thicot brings to the team,i know hes prob no match fit but he showed nothing all game going forward and defensively, balls played into our box were only getting headed straight to a yam not releiving any pressure. Rod get it sorted

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 08:59 AM
And assuming that the events of the last seven weeks or so at Hibs are not 100% the faults of the playing squad, what lessons should Yogi be learning about his own performance to take with him into next season?

The manager will have learnt what he knew already, he needs more strength, height and ability from the players he brings in. He did try for a full back from Man united, he was too expensive. He did try for Barr, he chose hearts. He was probably after others too, we just did not hear about them, and they never came.

We have to remember he's had 2 windows, and is still lumbered with a lot of the dross from previous managers. I have a feeling Yogi will get rid of a few in the summer, and will get us the players we need to progress again.

We need to progress, we have, it needs to carry on, time will tell.

BEEJ
21-03-2010, 09:08 AM
The manager will have learnt what he knew already, he needs more strength, height and ability from the players he brings in. He did try for a full back from Man united, he was too expensive. He did try for Barr, he chose hearts. He was probably after others too, we just did not hear about them, and they never came.

We have to remember he's had 2 windows, and is still lumbered with a lot of the dross from previous managers. I have a feeling Yogi will get rid of a few in the summer, and will get us the players we need to progress again.

We need to progress, we have, it needs to carry on, time will tell.
Well you've just underlined the point I was making in asking the question.

If the only lesson Yogi has learned is that he needs different players and yet another squad clearout at ER this summer, then we are in for another season of the same in 2010/11.

The biggest question around at ER at the moment is not the personnel but the way in which they are being deployed.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 09:26 AM
The biggest question around at ER at the moment is not the personnel but the way in which they are being deployed.

I'm not 100% sure thats the case. Riordan imho is playing out of position, although considering his return in goals, Yogi could argue differently. Up until the Rangers game, we were 3rd, 2 point behind Celtic, so his team selection and formation was working right up till the middle of February. We do miss Zemamma, he gives us that creativity, and width on the right we are missing.

We have a few players who have dipped in form,bamba and miller, and they are big players for us. McBride has also been injured, Nish is suspended, and we are finding out our squad players are not good enough, things i knew, and I'm sure Yogi does, but cant just go out and replace them, he has to wait until the window opens.

We have to remember were we have come from, we are in a fight for Europe, we don't do this very often, and now we are actually doing so, its not good enough for some. We are still in the cup, but you wouldn't think so, and if you had said at the start of the season, we will be in there at the end of the season, fighting for Europe, and in the hat for the semi final of the Scottish cup, who would have thought that was not enough?

We are making progress, the league table does not lie, maybe they have got some people expectations too high, although Yogi has said all season the players have done better than he expected, they have done a lot better than i expected, but I'm happy we are in there fighting for the prizes, something we don't do often enough.

TornadoHibby
21-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I'd keep Thicot and give him a run in the team.

Don't know if we could replace Zemmama and Benji with similiar quality but then we don't see their quality anywhere near as much as we should.

But Yogi likes them both and rates them both highly! :agree:

He told me this personally only two or three weeks ago at ER! :cool2:

SalfordHibs
21-03-2010, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=Aldo the Hibby;2395919]Agree with some of that but for me

Thicot - never a football player
Stevenson - not good enough for this level
Rankin - will never get a chance with the fans
Bamba - will be sold
Zemmama - see bamba
Benji - will leave under freedom of contact
Cregg - see Benji
Gow - Loan expires
Stokes - possibility of being sold

there are many more that may get dumped but who knows

Stack can go when he wants along with Maka

Nish can go as he is never Hibs quality, add Rankin, Cregg, Stevenson, Hogg, McBride.

Agree with Stokes and Bamba being sold, i would keep Benji, Thicot, Brown, Smith, Murray, Riordan, Miller, Wotherspoon, Hanlon, Byrne,
bring in the Spanish forward at Dundee United.

Yogi needs to be judged aswell, he has changed things arround on the pitch but still doesn't have any plan B.