PDA

View Full Version : Delighted With That

Speedway
20-03-2010, 03:23 PM
If we were looking for answers about this Hibs team today, we certainly got them.

A team, they are not. Individually talented players they may certainly be.

Mentally strong they are not, although they may individually perform well in other teams.

I got my answers today, and I expect Ross County to be playing Celtic in the Semi rather than us.

We don't have what it takes to be winners at this moment in time.

I've now got my expectations set, all high hopes are revised and I'm ready to see the season fizzle out.

This means no more disappointments for me and I'm delighted with that.

Broken Gnome
20-03-2010, 03:24 PM
If we were looking for answers about this Hibs team today, we certainly got them.

Mentally strong they are not, although they may individually perform well in other teams.

I got my answers today, and I expect Ross County to be playing Celtic in the Semi rather than us.

I've now got my expectations set, all high hopes are revised and I'm ready to see the season fizzle out.

Wise words, a pessimist is never disappointed :cool2:

SneakersO'Toole
20-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm glad you're happy to settle for mediocrity.

Other aren't so easily pleased...

SaudiHibby
20-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Look out, the 'real' hibbies will be along in a minute to give you abuse :greengrin

Big Frank
20-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Good post Speedway.

Can't argue with most of that............ we will be going to hampden though:agree:
................... where we will be administered a good spanking:agree:

Speedway
20-03-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm glad you're happy to settle for mediocrity.

Other aren't so easily pleased...

I don't aspire for us to achieve the heady heights of mediocrity.

bubblesmorrison
20-03-2010, 03:33 PM
they day you start going to football matches and expecting your team to lose is the day you should stop going to football

SneakersO'Toole
20-03-2010, 03:37 PM

Really? I could have guessed different reading the title of your thread.

'Delighted with that'? Maybe you should have changed it to 'Everyone read my thread because i've got something to say and I'm amazing' instead of being sarcastic.

lucky
20-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Why bother going if you expect to lose? We lost again. But we are still in the cup and 1 point of 3rd and 7 clear of them
Dingwall here we come

zlatan
20-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Good post Speedway.

Can't argue with most of that............ we will be going to hampden though:agree:
................... where we will be administered a good spanking:agree:

That's the spirit! :hilarious

sahib
20-03-2010, 03:43 PM
they day you start going to football matches and expecting your team to lose is the day you should stop going to football

You would have needed some sort of drastic lobotomy, which removed most if not all of your reasoning powers, to have sat through some seasons and not expected Hibs to get beat most weeks.

Swedish hibee
20-03-2010, 03:51 PM

:top marks

You support your team through good and bad,

:rules:

we're 3rd TOP and still in the cup, FFS

matty_f
20-03-2010, 03:53 PM

Definitely highlighted every weakness in the side today, especially the lack of character throughout the side.

You can't afford to have players who hide in a derby, yet our side was littered with them today.

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 03:55 PM

Unlikely to be so this time next week if recent performances are to continue! :confused: :grr:

PC Stamp
20-03-2010, 04:03 PM

Not in the table I'm looking at?

judas
20-03-2010, 06:05 PM

Eh?

Is that sarcasm or something?

I genuinely don't know what that menas.

Golden Bear
20-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Eh?

Is that sarcasm or something?

I genuinely don't know what that menas.

It means he is a sarcastic realist.

Davy Mac
20-03-2010, 06:24 PM

Speedway, it's a bit like groundhog day every season.

You've could have written that pretty much every year during my lifetime......

Don't know about you but apart from the Skol Cup & 2007 it's getting tiresome.

Jones28
20-03-2010, 06:25 PM
:agree:

Golden Bear
20-03-2010, 06:29 PM

It's a Hibby trait:- you come to expect nothing and you achieve virtually nothing, so in a perverse way disappointment is easier to take.

Davy Mac
20-03-2010, 06:33 PM

It's a Hibby trait:- you come to expect nothing and you achieve virtually nothing, so in a perverse way disappointment is easier to take.

And that's why I think Hertz do better because the geniunally expect more from the game than we do.

murray26
20-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Good post Speedway and doesn't make you any less of a Hibby, just a realistic one imo, the one thing Hibs never fail to do is- dissapoint- and this isn't a knee jerk reaction its just the honest opinion of someone who has watched Hibs for 25 years.

fatbloke
20-03-2010, 06:36 PM

I actually expect a lot from Hibs - sadly I am often disappointed.

The Voice Of Reason
20-03-2010, 07:14 PM

:top marks :boo hoo:

Gutless, spineless goons the lot of them.

Craig_in_Prague
20-03-2010, 07:17 PM
What's Hibernian FC all about :confused:

We're well run, have all the makings of a decent club, (i.e. at least Europe most years, maybe the "odd" cup), yet, we're a plain spineless footballing team who continue to fail and make us suffer.

No wonder Yams rip us.

We're pathetic.

Greenblood70
20-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I can't see anything I disagree with in the OP.

Too many people on here are kidding themselves that we were ever ever a decent "team". We've never played as a team imo..the same individuals have bailed us out of the **** time and again. There are some honest journeymen and some who have been exposed badly at a very slightly higher level..step forward our so called captain Hogg.

When the big decisions need to be made Yogi also needs to look at himself, he has a bad habit of accomodating favourites at the expense of the team. He can save his patronising pish about behind the goals in all...you were a celtic fan yogi..end of.

Speedway
20-03-2010, 10:06 PM

More boredom of repetition than anything. I am always guilty of believing the hype and that 'supporters amnesia' needs a cure.

It's a different manager every time, different players every time, same outcome - plucky defeat. Except today it wasn't plucky.

One Day Soon
20-03-2010, 10:17 PM

And that's why I think Hertz do better because the geniunally expect more from the game than we do.

And the evidence that the Yams do better is what exactly?

Speedway
20-03-2010, 10:24 PM
And the evidence that the Yams do better is what exactly?

League placings, derby wins and average crowds, off the top of my head.

Pete
20-03-2010, 10:40 PM
League placings, derby wins and average crowds, off the top of my head.

So ****ing what!

League placings: In the past...look at TODAYS league placing.

Derby wins: More crap from the past...who cares, It's the last derby we should be concentrating on.

Average crowds: They might average 1000 or so more than we do but what does that matter? Look at their season ticket pricing policy for the reason why they are getting relatively good crowds. If we had cheap ones like them we might get more people.

FFS they were rotten today...we were just extra rotten and made them look good. They played better hoofball than we did.
Our future is a lot brighter than anything that shower of **** has to look forward to.

BEEJ
20-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Exactly.

And disappointing attendances in recent weeks would suggest that is just what is happening at ER.

Liberal Hibby
20-03-2010, 11:54 PM

Um no. If you expect your team is going to win every week - support the old firm. Supporting Hibs has never been about expecting to win every week - it's been about hoping to win every week and usually being dissapointed.

I think that was the point of Speedway's post. It clearly passed you by.

seanraff07
21-03-2010, 10:23 AM
If i'm being honest i can't see us finishing 3rd or 4th, and i also can't see us reaching Hampden.

But if we do either then it's a bonus and we will have something to look forward to this/next season.:greengrin

Big90inOz
21-03-2010, 10:27 AM

No heart, no shape, no pace, pretty sums us up at the moment.
Thought we punched above our weight earlier in the season and are lucky to be in the position we are.
I expected Hugh's to have players prepared to run through brick walls,it hasn't happened
Sad to say I will be surprised if we beat County.
We are on a downward spiral with no sign of recovery, such a sad end to a promising season.
Still don't understand the signing of Brown, what a waste of resources.

Hibs Class
21-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Wise words, a pessimist is never disappointed :cool2:

:bitchy: The outcomes are always the same for all, but an optimist has a better journey than a pessimist

Broken Gnome
21-03-2010, 12:16 PM
So ****ing what!

Derby wins: More crap from the past...who cares, It's the last derby we should be concentrating on.

Average crowds: They might average 1000 or so more than we do but what does that matter? Look at their season ticket pricing policy for the reason why they are getting relatively good crowds. If we had cheap ones like them we might get more people.

FFS they were rotten today...we were just extra rotten and made them look good. They played better hoofball than we did.
Our future is a lot brighter than anything that shower of **** has to look forward to.

Would people realsie how counter-productive it is saying that? Hearts have bossed fair percentages of all three derbies this season - does that mean we've been rotten ourselves everytime and merely made them LOOK good? After yesterday does it not seem too much of a coincidence that every single time they are rubbish yet we are even worse?

Hearts could easily have taken six off us yesterday, to say they were 'rotten' is blinkered beyond belief.

TornadoHibby
21-03-2010, 12:24 PM

No heart, no shape, no pace, pretty sums us up at the moment.
Thought we punched above our weight earlier in the season and are lucky to be in the position we are.
I expected Hugh's to have players prepared to run through brick walls,it hasn't happened
Sad to say I will be surprised if we beat County.
We are on a downward spiral with no sign of recovery, such a sad end to a promising season.
Still don't understand the signing of Brown, what a waste of resources.

:top marks to you too I am sad to say! :agree:

Hope we are all worng about Tuesday and the rest of the season but I not really persuading myself very well that will be the case! :cool2:

truehibernian
21-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I suppose I was born to be a Hibee as this scene kind of sums me up. After the game, went to the Meadows with my son, moping and angry, wanting to chuck my phone far far away after yam text after yam text. Hibee mate then texts me, angry, you could almost touch the rage. I text him back after a short frank exchange of similar "we are *****" texts..........only for the last one from him asking if I fancied going to Falkirk..........."och, aye, go on then" was my reply :faf: As much as they annoy us lads, and rile us with their inadequacies at times..............they are very much under our skin. I will indeed, support them ever more :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
21-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Sadly I agree with the OP.

The season is beginning to fizzle out and our recent results/performances have been alarming.

I'll be amazed if we win on Tuesday night, although I obviously hope that we do.

The way we are going and based on how we have done in other years in post-split fixtures, it wouldn't surprise me if we end up 6th, which would be a massive disappointment given our excellent start.

Speedway
21-03-2010, 03:02 PM
So ****ing what!

So you agree then?

Speedway
23-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Nice one Hibs.

Speedway
10-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Nice one Hibs.

And again, it's appreciated.