PDA

View Full Version : Hughes - one trick pony ?

EasterRoad4Ever
20-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Every interview I hear from Hughes is about passion, grit, playing for the jerseys which is all good and well when your winning or at least showing said grit etc. However for the last 6 or 7 games we've been outplayed, out thought and outfought by "teams" who look like they know what they're doing, keep the game simple and take the conditions into account.

I now fear that Hughes is basically shuffling the formation in the hope that something works out, and trying to inject some passion by rebel yells. I hope he recognises that this ain't working.

Problem is - does he have a Plan B "in his locker" ???

shamo9
20-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Every interview I hear from Hughes is about passion, grit, playing for the jerseys which is all good and well when your winning or at least showing said grit etc. However for the last 6 or 7 games we've been outplayed, out thought and outfought by "teams" who look like they know what they're doing, keep the game simple and take the conditions into account.

I now fear that Hughes is basically shuffling the formation in the hope that something works out, and trying to inject some passion by rebel yells. I hope he recognises that this ain't working.

He's passed the gauntlet on to the players, asked if they were able to handle the pressure of the business end of the season and they've answered definitively.

Time for a good old summer clearout.

scoopyboy
20-03-2010, 04:17 PM

I think his plan B will swing into action very soon, but not enough to do anything different this season.

He will hopefully get shot of the wasters in training that he continually goes on about.

I believe the players who don't train hard enough and simply go through the motions include Benji, Zemmama and Bamba.

I would like to think we will get decent money for Bamba and Zemmama.

I would also like to think he would also try to shift others who played today who are still under contract but will never be good enough for Hibs.

SalfordHibs
20-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I think his plan B will swing into action very soon, but not enough to do anything different this season.

He will hopefully get shot of the wasters in training that he continually goes on about.

I believe the players who don't train hard enough and simply go through the motions include Benji, Zemmama and Bamba.

I would also like to think he would also try to shift others who played today who are still under contract but will never be good enough for Hibs.

What plan B, he said before the derby today i have the right players in that dressingroom that have passion and fight to win us the three points today.

There was no fight whatsoever today and if Hughes thinks that's his best 11 god help us.

AgentDaleCooper
20-03-2010, 04:25 PM
He's passed the gauntlet on to the players, asked if they were able to handle the pressure of the business end of the season and they've answered definitively.

Time for a good old summer clearout.

i really don't think you can blame the players for our situation - they proved what they're capable of earlier in the season, it was yogi's job to get them to sustain that. that's what managers are for, and a REALLY good manager would know how to get that out of them.

not saying i'm writing yogi off - like many others, just having some doubts at the moment.

shamo9
20-03-2010, 04:34 PM
i really don't think you can blame the players for our situation - they proved what they're capable of earlier in the season, it was yogi's job to get them to sustain that. that's what managers are for, and a REALLY good manager would know how to get that out of them.

not saying i'm writing yogi off - like many others, just having some doubts at the moment.

That's exactly the sort of attitude that sees 11 grown men outfought and outplayed with nothing more than a whimper even as they cling desperately to the comfort that, due to playing well earlier in the season, they are doing 'fantastic'.

"It's not my fault, it was him!" That's the sort of juvenile argument you'd expect to hear on a playground, not a football pitch.

They can't even get the fundamentals right. Get rid.

jakki
20-03-2010, 04:36 PM
What plan B, he said before the derby today i have the right players in that dressingroom that have passion and fight to win us the three points today.

There was no fight whatsoever today and if Hughes thinks that's his best 11 god help us.

Where was the passion and fight? Seen more passion and fight in an Old Kirk team when 2 down in the churches league.:grr:

scoopyboy
20-03-2010, 04:36 PM

Read my post again and see if you think your response is appropriate to what I posted.

AgentDaleCooper
20-03-2010, 04:38 PM
That's exactly the sort of attitude that sees 11 grown men outfought and outplayed with nothing more than a whimper even as they cling desperately to the comfort that, due to playing well earlier in the season, they are doing 'fantastic'.

They can't even get the fundamentals right. Get rid.

well, yes - but surely a good manager should be able to help them sustain such standards?

i just think saying "sack the team" is missing the point. i really like yogi and think he'll do well here eventually, but i think he has to realise where he's gone wrong - i think he's actually the one who's got it into their head that he's better than he is - or at least he's trying to be better than he his, getting too far into the psychology and so on. he's missing out on basic stuff - once again, we needed a battling midfield and he sent out a bunch of oompa-loompahs.

if yogi gets the fundamentals right, it makes it a hell of a lot easier for the team to follow suit.

SalfordHibs
20-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Read my post again and see if you think your response is appropriate to what I posted.

Not having a dig at your post mate, more to do with a statement of Plan B cause for me i dont see Yogi having one.

shamo9
20-03-2010, 04:45 PM
well, yes - but surely a good manager should be able to help them sustain such standards?

i just think saying "sack the team" is missing the point. i really like yogi and think he'll do well here eventually, but i think he has to realise where he's gone wrong - i think he's actually the one who's got it into their head that he's better than he is. or at least he's trying to be.

if yogi gets the fundamentals right, it makes it a hell of a lot easier for the team to follow suit.

Some people are beyond help. You can kick and scream and whine but at the end of the day some have it, some don't

Guys like Rankin and Stevenson will never be great technically, no matter how hard they try. Guys like Benji and Zemmama will never burst a gut for the team, no matter how hard you try to cajole them.

Most of the players we have at the moment are happy with mediocrity, they don't have the winning mentality that is required and that's not something you can teach. It's that fire in your belly, that glint in your eye. Intangible and for most people, elusive.

I guarantee that quite a few guys in that team will shrug their shoulders, pick up their wage packet and come in on Monday unmoved and unphased. They're playing for a big team. They're challenging for Europe. They're still in the cup. What's the problem?

SneakersO'Toole
20-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Some people are beyond help. You can kick and scream and whine but at the end of the day some have it, some don't

Guys like Rankin and Stevenson will never be great technically, no matter how hard they try. Guys like Benji and Zemmama will never burst a gut for the team, no matter how hard you try to cajole them.

Most of the players we have at the moment are happy with mediocrity, they don't have the winning mentality that is required and that's not something you can teach. It's that fire in your belly, that glint in your eye. Intangible and for most people, elusive.

Completely agree.

It doesn't matter whether you are a footballer or not, the core attributes that people possess you cant teach. You either have them them or you don't. You can teach someone to be better at crossing, shooting or whatever. You can't teach someoneto work hard, perserverence or motivation. These are intrinsic and instilled are a young age.

snooky
20-03-2010, 04:55 PM

I guarantee that quite a few guys in that team will shrug their shoulders, pick up their wage packet and come in on Monday unmoved and unphased. They're playing for a big team. They're challenging for Europe. They're still in the cup. What's the problem?

Good point, Shamo.
How many players in the Man U team don't have a winning mentality?
SAF can sure pick 'em ....(hmmmm, except maybe Liam Miller).

IWasThere2016
20-03-2010, 05:03 PM

Scoops - the wheel's started to come aff week's ago .. how many more training sessions/games does he need to get improvements? And there was a window to bring in players - especially a RB, and CH. Yogi's also done **** all to change it positively during games ala Perth, Ross Co, today! I remain underwhelmed tbh

shamo9
20-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Scoops - the wheel's started to come aff week's ago .. how many more training sessions/games does he need to get improvements? And there was a window to bring in players - especially a RB, and CH. Yogi's also done **** all to change it positively during games ala Perth, Ross Co, today! I remain underwhelmed tbh

A lot harder to get good players in January than the summer. Do you actually want him to sign someone recklessly? We've got enough wasters left over from previous managers as it is, no need to add to the pile. I'm quite happy to wait six months if it means we sign the right players for the long term success of the football club.

While it's nothing more than a paltry consolation, at least the past few months has left Hughes in no doubt as to what is required. It's now crystal who are up to it and who aren't.

He's in it for the long hall, he wants to leave the club in better shape than when he signed. I'm not asking for everyone to blindly follow him, I'm not even asking for everyone to particularly like him... just give him a chance, for Hibs if nothing else.

We've had too many managerial changes in the last few years. We need stability, we need continuity, we need someone to make sure that proper foundations (mentality, work ethic, desire) are ingrained so doggedly that they'll never leave Hibs again, no matter who's at the helm.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-03-2010, 05:15 PM
A lot harder to get good players in January than the summer. Do you actually want him to sign someone recklessly? We've got enough wasters left over from previous managers as it is, no need to add to the pile. I'm quite happy to wait six months if it means we sign the right players for the long term success of the football club.

While it's nothing more than a paltry consolation, at least the past few months has left Hughes in no doubt as to what is required. It's now crystal who are up to it and who aren't.

He's in it for the long hall, he wants to leave the club in better shape than when he signed. I'm not asking for everyone to blindly follow him, I'm not even asking for everyone to particularly like him... just give him a chance, for Hibs if nothing else.

We've had too many managerial changes in the last few years. We need stability, we need continuity, we need someone to make sure that proper foundations (mentality, work ethic, desire) are ingrained so doggedly that they'll never leave Hibs again, no matter who's at the helm.

Excellent post, as per pretty much every single one of your posts on here :top marks

Andy74
20-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Why does benji keep getting mentioned? There's been nothing wrong with his attitude.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Why does benji keep getting mentioned? There's been nothing wrong with his attitude.

I thought Benji was good when he came on, in fact he's been reasonable this season. Although when he's interviewed, he says all the right things, but we know he's just running his contract down, and wont be at the club after the summer.

AgentDaleCooper
20-03-2010, 05:25 PM

i don't think getting rid of these four players would solve our problems.

i also don't think most of the squad are happy with mediocrity.

yogi has gone wrong somewhere in the last few weeks, HE needs to sort HIMSELF out.

it's his team, his responsibility, and he's the one who keeps making the biggest mistakes - again, with the lack of battle in midfield, and the line-up of midgets today against hearts.

IMO, all you're doing is scapegoating players who are, granted, either not pulling their weight or just not that good, but certainly aren't doing so badly as to drag the entire team down to the level we're at just now. maybe we'll get rid of them in the summer and it might be a good thing, but that won't solve the entire problem at hibs.

yogi will come good, i just think the ball is in HIS court and not the players.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 05:30 PM

There's only so many times you can polish a turd. As much as you may not like it, we are only 2 points from 3rd, still in the cup, all that with a squad full of duds from previous managers, and a sprinkling of decent players.

I suppose Yogi could just have signed any old centre half, but perhaps thought Bamba and the emerging Hanlon would have to do until the right player becomes available. He was also after the Man United guy at right back, but they wanted too much, and perhaps we will get him for nowt in the summer?

The team needs a big clear out, but it takes time, even i know that.

IWasThere2016
20-03-2010, 05:32 PM
There's only so many times you can polish a turd. As much as you may not like it, we are only 2 points from 3rd, still in the cup, all that with a squad full of duds from previous managers, and a sprinkling of decent players.

Was the turd no shining bright that long ago.

It's gone tits up and IMHO Yogi cannae stop the rot.

shamo9
20-03-2010, 05:35 PM
i don't think getting rid of these four players would solve our problems.

i also don't think most of the squad are happy with mediocrity.

yogi has gone wrong somewhere in the last few weeks, HE needs to sort HIMSELF out.

it's his team, his responsibility, and he's the one who keeps making the biggest mistakes - again, with the lack of battle in midfield, and the line-up of midgets today against hearts.

IMO, all you're doing is scapegoating players who are, granted, either not pulling their weight or just not that good, but certainly aren't doing so badly as to drag the entire team down to the level we're at just now. maybe we'll get rid of them in the summer and it might be a good thing, but that won't solve the entire problem at hibs.

yogi will come good, i just think the ball is in HIS court and not the players.
I said 'guys like', getting rid of them won't fix things, the problem goes much deeper than that, they're a representative sample of the two polar opposites in our squad: inconsistent commitment and poor technical ability.

The ball is certainly in Hughes' court and I expect him to use it in way of getting rid of those not good enough for us to progress (he's in a better position than me to know that). You can say Hughes needs to tell them to battle but the fact is we don't have players capable of battling. They've clearly shown they don't want to. It's not formation or tactics I'm complaining about, it's the fact the players aren't even competing.

The players inconsistency and penchant for flattering to deceive aren't indicative of them as individuals, it's indicative of a club's mentality to be happy with being the plucky losers, the also rans, the victims, the 'nice' club that gives you a free ride and, most irritating of all, the mid-table club. Different players, same old crap.

To eradicate this self-destructive mentality Hughes needs to bring in model pros to indoctrinate the younger players as well as getting rid of those who have had their opportunity, and are now beyond help.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Was the turd no shining bright that long ago.

It's gone tits up and IMHO Yogi cannae stop the rot.

The turd was doing better than i expected, yet you and the other Yogi haters were as quiet as a mouse. Now we are not doing so well, you are getting stuck right in. Completely ignoring the good form we did have, in fact disregarding it. It must have been galling we were doing so well.

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 06:00 PM
The turd was doing better than i expected, yet you and the other Yogi haters were as quiet as a mouse. Now we are not doing so well, you are getting stuck right in. Completely ignoring the good form we did have, in fact disregarding it. It must have been galling we were doing so well.

What went wrong today then BH? :confused:

Weather and conditions were fantastic, pitch was flat and firm and perfect for playing passing football on! :agree:

Why could Hibs not play the flair football we all talk about!? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 06:06 PM
What went wrong today then BH? :confused:

Weather and conditions were fantastic, pitch was flat and firm and perfect for playing passing football on! :agree:

Why could Hibs not play the flair football we all talk about!? :confused:

We were quite comfortable, then Stack made a real gaff, 1-0. They score again quickly, and should have scored even more. We were well beaten, even though the score does not reflect that. I believe 5 of that side should be nowhere near the 1st team, and thats the reason i am not so downbeat as i was under Mixu and Collins. Yogi will replace them, and has us up challenging, punching our weight. All i wanted at the start of the season.

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 06:08 PM
We were quite comfortable, then Stack made a real gaff, 1-0. They score again quickly, and should have scored even more. We were well beaten, even though the score does not reflect that. I believe 5 of that side should be nowhere near the 1st team, and thats the reason i am not so downbeat as i was under Mixu and Collins. Yogi will replace them, and has us up challenging, punching our weight. All i wanted at the start of the season.

You've not answered the question as "the 5" you are alluding to were in or around the team when we were winning games earlier in the season! :confused:

allmodcons
20-03-2010, 06:15 PM
the lack of battle in midfield, and the line-up of midgets today against hearts.

Nobody in our team shorter than Lionel Messi today !

Only 3 small guys in our side Stevenson, Rankin & Miller.

Are you suggesting that a player has to be of a certain height to make him any good ??

Oscar Lomax
20-03-2010, 06:19 PM

Who will pay decent money for Bamba and who will want him. I am sick listening to the myth that surround's Bamba going to big English teams. Believe me, he wouldnt get a job carrying the player's kit never mind in the team. Bamba should be dropped immediately.We have Hanlon and McCormack sitting on the bench yet he persists in playing him.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 06:19 PM
You've not answered the question as "the 5" you are alluding to were in or around the team when we were winning games earlier in the season! :confused:

We were playing well enough at the time, way ahead of what i thought they were capable of, but we had a settled side, with Zemamma doing well, and our big players playing to the top of their form, perhaps dragging the dross through with them.

Now we have players who's form have dropped, and a few injuries and suspensions kicking in, this does not help, when you have so many average players in reserve.

Expecting Rain
20-03-2010, 06:29 PM
We were playing well enough at the time, way ahead of what i thought they were capable of, but we had a settled side, with Zemamma doing well, and our big players playing to the top of their form, perhaps dragging the dross through with them.

Now we have players who's form have dropped, and a few injuries and suspensions kicking in, this does not help, when you have so many average players in reserve.

I think this is a fair and reasonable assessment but i`d like to add we`ve stopped defending as a team and that the opposition doesn`t have to work too hard to get scoring opportunities, quite embarrassing at times as well as disappointing.

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 06:30 PM

So Hogg, Hanlon, Zemmama and Nish weren't so bad after all then?!:cool2:

scoopyboy
20-03-2010, 06:31 PM

Fair points TQM but Yogi said from the word go that he felt players needed to be moved on that the fans wouldn't be happy about. Especially bad trainers and I have already identified three.

I know of a conversation between two players who have been training with Hibs and another SPL club and they agreed that both clubs training programs are excellent but the big difference is that at the other club everybody with no exceptions work their socks off but at East Mains several only go through the motions. Yogi knows it and the other players know it and it is not a healthy situation.

That really has to be done in the close season.

scoopyboy
20-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Not having a dig at your post mate, more to do with a statement of Plan B cause for me i dont see Yogi having one.

I agree regarding a plan B during a game but I was meaning more changing the squad to what he wants over a period of time.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 06:35 PM
So Hogg, Hanlon, Zemmama and Nish weren't so bad after all then?!:cool2:

Hogg imho is poor, i wouldnt mind if he was moved on. Hanlon is a decent prospect, Zemamma on form is fantastic, its a pity he's been so injured this season. And Nish, i thought he was hopeless, but lately he has done better, I'd hope he's at best a squad player in the future.

IWasThere2016
20-03-2010, 06:36 PM

I'll leave it for you to go back into my old posts to see there is praise for Yogi and the boys went it was going well.

That praise was merited as are the comments now.

Once you've found my old posts, I look forward to your reply.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Fair points TQM but Yogi said from the word go that he felt players needed to be moved on that the fans wouldn't be happy about. Especially bad trainers and I have already identified three.

I know of a conversation between two players who have been training with Hibs and another SPL club and they agreed that both clubs training programs are excellent but the big difference is that at the other club everybody with no exceptions work their socks off but at East Mains several only go through the motions. Yogi knows it and the other players know it and it is not a healthy situation.

Players who were already at the club i'd assume? And hopefully wont be there much longer.

jdships
20-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Completely agree.

It doesn't matter whether you are a footballer or not, the core attributes that people possess you cant teach. You either have them them or you don't. You can teach someone to be better at crossing, shooting or whatever. You can't teach someoneto work hard, perserverence or motivation. These are intrinsic and instilled are a young age.

:thumbsup:
Spot on !!
You can't teach "flair" but you can teach the basics of the game
A work ethic is instilled in you as a youngster .
Having said that I was brought up a Hibby and unfortunately was never good enough to play for their 4XI , if they had one, but what I did have was personal pride .
It hurt when we lost and when I didn't play well
It hurt even more when I realised after three years I was never going to make it in full time football.
I cannot believe what I have witnessed these last few weeks as regards attitude and application .
Are these guys simply happy to be in the "comfort zone" earning just over £50,000 a year or is the management that are at fault ?

:confused:.

scoopyboy
20-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Players who were already at the club i'd assume? And hopefully wont be there much longer.

Correct. I hope so.

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Hogg imho is poor, i wouldnt mind if he was moved on. Hanlon is a decent prospect, Zemamma on form is fantastic, its a pity he's been so injured this season. And Nish, i thought he was hopeless, but lately he has done better, I'd hope he's at best a squad player in the future.

So who was it that was making all the difference for us earlier in the season then? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 07:15 PM
So who was it that was making all the difference for us earlier in the season then? :confused:

As i said earlier, you really have to keep up. Our big players were playing on the top of their games, and pushed and cajoled the average ones on.

Crab apple
20-03-2010, 07:35 PM

How do you think yogi will address the issue of these bad trainers? Even in the pre match warm ups at ER with the cones laid out you can see certain players (Stokes being the obvious one) not actually doing the proper routine.

scoopyboy
20-03-2010, 07:42 PM
How do you think yogi will address the issue of these bad trainers? Even in the pre match warm ups at ER with the cones laid out you can see certain players (Stokes being the obvious one) not actually doing the proper routine.

I see no other way (if they cannot find a work ethic) than to get them out the club irrespective of how good they are.

Young players breaking into the first team should not be witnessing this IMO.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I see no other way (if they cannot find a work ethic) than to get them out the club irrespective of how good they are.

Young players breaking into the first team should not be witnessing this IMO.

:agree:Thats why he needs time to get his work ethic into the team, and get his ideas and his views on how players should prepare for games into them. And if that means some name players will leave, then so be it.

matty_f
20-03-2010, 08:13 PM
:agree:Thats why he needs time to get his work ethic into the team, and get his ideas and his views on how players should prepare for games into them. And if that means some name players will leave, then so be it.

:agree:

Hughes has a fantastic opportunity to finally get rid of the image of Hibs being an easy place to work for players once and for all.

I'm prepared to not get too downbeat about the rest of the season if I know that Yogi is going to bomb out the players who are stopping us getting where we want to be.

After watching that game today, and the last few games, there's not one player at Hibs who (at this moment in time) I'd be genuinely gutted at seeing leave.

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 08:19 PM
:agree:

Hughes has a fantastic opportunity to finally get rid of the image of Hibs being an easy place to work for players once and for all.

I'm prepared to not get too downbeat about the rest of the season if I know that Yogi is going to bomb out the players who are stopping us getting where we want to be.

After watching that game today, and the last few games, there's not one player at Hibs who (at this moment in time) I'd be genuinely gutted at seeing leave.

Aye but that's not waht's being "suggested" here Matty! :confused:

Benji is one of those "highlighted" earlier in this thread yet we didn't look like creating any goal chances until he came on IMO! :agree:

There's much more to what's wrong with the team right now than certain indivuals assessment of who is training better than everyone else and who is not IMO! :agree:

Belief, desire, will to win, commitment, failure to accept defeat without a damn good fight etc all play a HUGE part in success in any sport and life for that matter! Our team showed virtually none of any of these things today and I can't even find any emotion to get angry about it right now so bad was that "performance" today IMO! :grr:

truehibernian
20-03-2010, 08:27 PM
The team have never been as fit as they were under Collins. Every player then looked lean, competitive and fit. Under Mixu they played like they had been on the Nade Diet. Under Hughes, it's hard to tell. Some look fit, others don't. IMO, it's not any of these bloody life coaches or psychological coaches they need, but a George McNeill, a bus, and a trip to the sand dunes at Gullane. Get them appreciating what they have, and perhaps puking up their Stella as well :agree:

matty_f
20-03-2010, 08:28 PM

Benji is one of those "highlighted" earlier in this thread yet we didn't look like creating any goal chances until he came on IMO! :agree:

There's much more to what's wrong with the team right now than certain indivuals assessment of who is training better than everyone else and who is not IMO! :agree:

Belief, desire, will to win, commitment, failure to accept defeat without a damn good fight etc all play a HUGE part in success in any sport and life for that matter! Our team showed virtually none of any of these things today and I can't even find any emotion to get angry about it right now so bad was that "performance" today IMO! :grr:

How was what I posted nothing to do with that?

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 08:53 PM
How was what I posted nothing to do with that?

I think you need to concentrate on what I posted rather than what you think I am posting about Matty! :cool2:

The thread had a theme about "name" players being shipped out (Benji and Zemmama and Bamba being specifically named) due to skiving at training etc and I was simply commenting that Benji brought some life and skill and effort to our team when he came on today! :wink:

I followed on by noting that training is important but it ain't the only thing that is crucial to winning team performances week after week! :agree:

I'm really a simple guy who believes in the simple solutions to problems! Maybe I don't say it that simply?! :dunno:

matty_f
20-03-2010, 08:56 PM
I think you need to concentrate on what I posted rather than what you think I am posting about Matty! :cool2:

The thread had a theme about "name" players being shipped out (Benji and Zemmama and Bamba being specifically named) due to skiving at training etc and I was simply commenting that Benji brought some life and skill and effort to our team when he came on today! :wink:

I followed on by noting that training is important but it ain't the only thing that is crucial to winning team performances week after week! :agree:

I'm really a simple guy who believes in the simple solutions to problems! Maybe I don't say it that simply?! :dunno:

I quoted Blackpool Hibs and replied to him.:confused:

I never mentioned training either, FWIW, so perhaps you would be well served taking heed of your own advice.

scoopyboy
20-03-2010, 09:02 PM

Aye good old Benji, we didn't look like scoring until he came on you say.

Is that then justification for not trying a leg in training?

Brilliant example to set the laddies on the verge of breaking through.

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I quoted Blackpool Hibs and replied to him.:confused:

I never mentioned training either, FWIW, so perhaps you would be well served taking heed of your own advice.

Thanks, maybe I should! :agree:

Thanks for the advice - again! :greengrin

Greenblood70
20-03-2010, 11:04 PM
IMO Hughes has been shown up to be as gutless as some of his players in recent months/weeks.

I didn't expect him, upon his appointment, to be some tactical genius but I hoped he'd get the basics right and put an end to the mystifying midfield muddles we saw under Mixu (and hopefully bin the frankly usesless Hogg). His work in the transfer market has been decent however he seems totally incapable of blending that individual talent into any sort of cohesive team. We've been playing eye bleedingly bad football since Xmas at least and the same 3 or 4 players are being asked to bail the manager out of the **** all the time.

IMO the only difference between Yogi and Mixu is the quality of player they've been allowed to sign. The poor attendances tell their own story in terms of the fare on offer. He's full of soundbytes but in the final analysis we can't beat a 1st division side at ER to give us our best chance of winning the cup in years, we got horsed out by ****ing St johnstone at ER in the league cup and we've just lost to the worst yam team since the early 80s.

WE ARE PISH!

Andy74
20-03-2010, 11:06 PM

What evidence do you have benji is not trying in training? Total garbage.

Tyler Durden
20-03-2010, 11:26 PM
What evidence do you have benji is not trying in training? Total garbage.
Andy, I agree with 99% of your posts but tbh I really can't see how anyone can defend Benji's attitude. If its not his attitude then what is his problem. It really perplexes me, where does this guy think he is goin in football when he can barely get a game (yet alone make a meaningful contribution) for Hibs?

Greenblood70
21-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Andy, I agree with 99% of your posts but tbh I really can't see how anyone can defend Benji's attitude. If its not his attitude then what is his problem. It really perplexes me, where does this guy think he is goin in football when he can barely get a game (yet alone make a meaningful contribution) for Hibs?

I'm starting to think he's his agent!!:greengrin

IberianHibernian
21-03-2010, 12:10 AM

Can`t comment on training record of players as I don`t know as much about it as you do but preparing for playing for Hibs doesn`t end when training ends - can`t see many ( if any ) Hibs players whose ball skills match Benji`s or Zemmama`s and suspect that Benji`s lifestyle may be more positive for a professional sportsman than many on our payroll . One of the big negatives of this season has been lack of young players coming into team but I wouldn`t think of blaming that on Benji`s poor example in training .

IWasThere2016
21-03-2010, 02:26 AM
IMO Hughes has been shown up to be as gutless as some of his players in recent months/weeks.

I didn't expect him, upon his appointment, to be some tactical genius but I hoped he'd get the basics right and put an end to the mystifying midfield muddles we saw under Mixu (and hopefully bin the frankly usesless Hogg). His work in the transfer market has been decent however he seems totally incapable of blending that individual talent into any sort of cohesive team. We've been playing eye bleedingly bad football since Xmas at least and the same 3 or 4 players are being asked to bail the manager out of the **** all the time.

IMO the only difference between Yogi and Mixu is the quality of player they've been allowed to sign. The poor attendances tell their own story in terms of the fare on offer. He's full of soundbytes but in the final analysis we can't beat a 1st division side at ER to give us our best chance of winning the cup in years, we got horsed out by ****ing St johnstone at ER in the league cup and we've just lost to the worst yam team since the early 80s.

WE ARE PISH!

I don't agree with all of that but I do agree with most of it - especially re the quality of football and the attendances!

Yogi I think is more clueless than gutless .. Poor tactics and too often he thinks a personnel change will sort it! And because of this I can see no sign of him stopping the rot tbh.

TornadoHibby
21-03-2010, 01:31 PM

Do you attend training then and see for yourself what is going on with the attitude and application of each and every player in the squad!? :confused:

I spoke to Yogi for some time about a number of things around three weeks ago at ER on a non football day and he spoke very highly of two of the players you have highlighted as being "skivers" at training and felt that these were the kind of players who can change games easily and quickly and how good it was to have them in the squad! :agree:

Should I ignore what he told me as being utter rubbish then? :dunno: :confused: