PDA

View Full Version : Gutless, spineless and altogether what I expected

SneakersO'Toole
20-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Lets face it, regardless of Hearts well publised injury problems we knew they would at least be up for a fight today. I'm not sure about anyone else but i feared that Hibs would be un-able to match up to this. And so it proved!

That performance was torture from kick off right up till full time. Riordan's goal giving the Hibs fans in the roseburn stand what little hope we could stage a comeback.

I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again, teams know how to play against Hibs. Our early season form was a mixture of new tactics, new manager synmdrome and good fortune. Couple that with a new found lack of effort across our starting eleven, quite frankly we kidding ourselves if we think we are going to achieve 3rd place. At the rate we are going just now, its a realistic possibility that Hearts could catch us. The football being produced is nothing short of honking and you can tell that the team is lacking confidence big time.

At this time of the season and considering the the season we have had this far, I doubt very much the majority of Hibs fans are looking for Brazil style football. I would bet that almost everyone is wanting to see some sort of success, with the main perception of this across the Hibs community being getting into Europe and a decent cup run.

What I cannot accept though is gutless performances like the one today and for the usual garbage via the media from either our manager or vice captain saying otherwise (see last week!). Its time for the individuals in this club, both players and staff to take accountability and realise whats at stake, and to grab the chance to make a what is currently an average season a brilliant season and make thousands of people happy.

I have to say, i've seen Hibs at Tynecastle dozens of times in my relatively short Hibs supporting career but never have I seen such a dismal and half hearted performance. Every 2nd ball, every header, every long ball was won by Hearts and that just demonstrated in my eyes who is happy to settle to for mediocrity and who isn't. Today the answer for there for everyone to see.

seanraff07
20-03-2010, 07:53 PM
One of the only positives i can take out of today's match is that we didn't get gubbed, if we had been playing anyone half decent we could've got demolished, well done Murray today i thought he was great as usual, i'm thinking now surely Smith must start against Ross County, after being dropped even though he done nothing wrong in the first place.:confused: