PDA

View Full Version : What's with Deeks?

GreenBlade
20-03-2010, 03:40 PM
What is it with Deeks? 5 minutes after getting involved in a shouting match with the bench he scores. His and the teams only shot on target and even then he nearly skied it!

When he scores he has a pop at the Jambos instead of collecting the ball and getting back up the park to chase an equaliser. He also points the finger at the manager as if to say "and you can **** off too"
And to cap it off he tells the Hibs support to lift the noise level.

You have to ask: Does Derek think he's better than he really is. Yes we all know what he's capable of but you could say that about the whole bloody team. I really thought he would take this second chance at Hibs to prove what he could do then get his move south on the back of it. At this moment in time he has no chance of progressing.

So what's the problem Deeks? :confused:

Westie1875
20-03-2010, 03:44 PM
What is it with Deeks? 5 minutes after getting involved in a shouting match with the bench he scores. His and the teams only shot on target and even then he nearly skied it!

When he scores he has a pop at the Jambos instead of collecting the ball and getting back up the park to chase an equaliser. He also points the finger at the manager as if to say "and you can **** off too"

You have to ask: Does Derek think he's better than he really is. Yes we all know what he's capable of but you could say that about the whole bloody team. I really thought he would take this second chance at Hibs to prove what he could do then get his move south on the back of it. At this moment in time he has no chance of progressing.

He was hurting the same as the rest of the Hibees at that dump and he'd just scored against them to bring us back into the game and give us a lifeline, give him a break FFS.

noz
20-03-2010, 03:45 PM
just about to post that!

...he was about to get subbed and then he scored and let Hughes know all about it. He was lazy today, Galbraith was stripped to come on.

Thinks hes better than he is. Hes good when were winning, but his head goes down when we need some fight in the team.

noz
20-03-2010, 03:48 PM
He was hurting the same as the rest of the Hibees at that dump and he'd just scored against them to bring us back into the game and give us a lifeline, give him a break FFS.

... awe, the wee shame, he was hurting.... he needs a boot up the backside to tell him its not all about him. A wasted talent, all his own fault for not showing desire or fight.

Franck is God
20-03-2010, 03:51 PM

I think its more that he isn't as good as some of the people on this board thinks he is.

When he was at Hibs the first time I always thought he would struggle to make it elsewhere and was actually a little bit surprised when he left.

He is one of those weird players that has all the skill and talent in the world but he isn't really a proper striker, winger or midfielder and to have him in your team you almost have to create a position for him as he doesn't fit into a regular formation.

It worked under Mowbray because he played a system to get the best from him and had the players to make it work. We just don't anymore.

I have been criticised a lot on this board for having this opinion but we have to use the strength of the squad as best we can and for me he has no place in our best 'team'

shamo9
20-03-2010, 03:53 PM
FFS, who else can score goals regularly in our team other than Stokes and Riordan (both on target for 20 goals). Focus on the real problem areas first please.

CiscoKid
20-03-2010, 03:53 PM
There is nothing wrong with Deeks he got his goal and played his part and the loss today was nothing to do with him..................unfortunately that's what he probably thinks.

Big Frank
20-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I think its more that he isn't as good as some of the people on this board thinks he is.

When he was at Hibs the first time I always thought he would struggle to make it elsewhere and was actually a little bit surprised when he left.

He is one of those weird players that has all the skill and talent in the world but he isn't really a proper striker, winger or midfielder and to have him in your team you almost have to create a position for him as he doesn't fit into a regular formation.

It worked under Mowbray because he played a system to get the best from him and had the players to make it work. We just don't anymore.

I have been criticised a lot on this board for having this opinion but we have to use the strength of the squad as best we can and for me he has no place in our best 'team'

Right on cue.......

Judas Iscariot
20-03-2010, 04:00 PM
... awe, the wee shame, he was hurting.... he needs a boot up the backside to tell him its not all about him. A wasted talent, all his own fault for not showing desire or fight.

Imagine if he was as much if a waste of jersey as Stokes

Franck is God
20-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Right on cue.......

Feel free to point out anything in my post that isn't true....

I have only ever questioned his attitude and application, never his quality or talent.

Big Frank
20-03-2010, 04:19 PM

I have only ever questioned his attitude and application, never his quality or talent.

Aye, lets get into another debate wi you about the merits of your favourite player. Derek Riordan.

Yes, lets....

Bobo
20-03-2010, 04:22 PM

The laddy must be seriously p!ssed off with being played out wide constantly.

Some folk say that Deek is a lazy Bassa and admittedly he doesn't put in as much of a shift as some others but he has improved in that area IMO. Ask yourself this though, if he's lazier than Stokes why play him in an area of the park where he needs to put in a shift, why not play Stokes wide?

IMO Riordan is a better all round striker than Stokes and should be played through the middle along side Stokes or a. n. other not at the expense of them. We should always play with two up front, this one up nonsense is just another of Yogi's poor tactical decisions... bad enough we do it away from home but he has us doing it at home as well. :rolleyes:

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 05:37 PM
just about to post that!

...he was about to get subbed and then he scored and let Hughes know all about it. He was lazy today, Galbraith was stripped to come on.

Thinks hes better than he is. Hes good when were winning, but his head goes down when we need some fight in the team.

And here's me thinking that Wotherspoon was going to get hooked as he had done virtually nothing during the game today worthy of note! :confused:

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2010, 05:42 PM

You would know?

7Hero
20-03-2010, 06:27 PM

you think ????

what a terrible post...

HFC 0-7
20-03-2010, 06:33 PM

I was told by someone who works for the TV and papers he said something along the lines of "that was for you" as Yogi allowed to stay on for a bit longer. Riordan went mental to get more time on the pitch as Yogi had just told him he was getting replaced by galbraith.

hibee62
20-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Aye, lets get into another debate wi you about the merits of your favourite player. Derek Riordan.

Yes, lets....

Is that not what a message board is for?

IMHO, Riordan is a striker, not a left midfielder. However, I don'y believe he and Stokes could play upfront together either, too similar.

If it comes to the choice, I actually think Stokes is the better player, and is therefore ahead of him in the pecking order. It may not be popular but IMHO, it has to be Nish/Benji and Stokes/Riordan.

Davy Mac
20-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Didnae see Driver & Obua track back and go flying in to tackles today.

FFS what the hell do you think Deeks is supposed to do, did he no score today?

Honestly, a witchhunt week after week against Deeks.

Tell you what - as a support we are hounding guys like Deeks, Stokes & Miller out of this club and I for one dinnae want them to go anywhere.

The atmosphere at Hibs is a bit unpleasant at the moment IMO.

Cabbage1875
20-03-2010, 06:49 PM

How clueless do you want to be?

He gets absolutely no service and is expected to run a lone furrow up front with no support. I feel sorry for him in all honesty, he has done unbelievably well to score as many goals in that team with the service he gets.

ronaldo7
20-03-2010, 06:56 PM

Tell you what - as a support we are hounding guys like Deeks, Stokes & Miller out of this club and I for one dinnae want them to go anywhere.

:top marks

Westie1875
20-03-2010, 07:01 PM

Spot on, its almost as if some are rubbing their hands together waiting for their own team to fail so that they can have another moan. The atmosphere at Easter Road was poisonous last week, been getting worse and worse for a while.

scotiaf
20-03-2010, 07:10 PM

FFS

He knew he was not playing the best, getting abuse of the ****bos all game " riordan whats the score "

He scores a goal, he now tells the hearts fans the score.... he wants all the hibbes singing cause we have been moaning for the past few months( some of it probably due) and tells yogi your not taking me of anymore.

We are not ***Xing real madrid..were hibs.

Generally start seasons well and build up hope of something special.. then fall apart in January

It the hibs way

Lets all just hope we get through in dingwall on tues and end up forth and in Europe

scotty1875
20-03-2010, 07:32 PM

:top marks :agree:

brydekirk
20-03-2010, 07:55 PM
the boy is weak, he does think hes better than the rest, which is why he cant be bothered tracking back. example; loose ball. jason thomson chases, deek does sfa, ah, hibs are in trouble again. the boy has ability, but not the right attitude.

murray26
20-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Lets be honest Deek isn't the problem, its the management, he is being played out of position but still comes good with 14 goals so far, we know he doesn't track back or tackle, he scores goals, good goals, lets build a team round him and let other people do the dirty stuff.

Alfred E Newman
20-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Lets be honest Deek isn't the problem, its the management, he is being played out of position but still comes good with 14 goals so far, we know he doesn't track back or tackle, he scores goals, good goals, lets build a team round him and let other people do the dirty stuff.

Riordan is pushed into midfield to accomodate Yogis golden boy. If it came to a choice between Stokes or Riordan, give me Riordan every time. Riordan and Stokes together just doesn`t work.

murray26
20-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Riordan is pushed into midfield to accomodate Yogis golden boy. If it came to a choice between Stokes or Riordan, give me Riordan every time. Riordan and Stokes together just doesn`t work.

Good point, actually like the Nish Deek partnership, with a solid 4 in the middle, if we gat offered decent money for Stokes i would take it, Yogi must learn from his mistakes or he'll be gone sooner than he thinks.

Expecting Rain
20-03-2010, 08:15 PM
What`s wrong with Deeks, that is his 3rd goal in 3 games.

King Paddy
20-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I.M.H.O. Deeks is a is a total non trier, in otherwords won't go in where it hurts. Also see Liam miller. That means we play effort wise with only 9 men.

Judas Iscariot
20-03-2010, 08:17 PM

He gets absolutely no service and is expected to run a lone furrow up front with no support. I feel sorry for him in all honesty, he has done unbelievably well to score as many goals in that team with the service he gets.

Awww shame he didn't get the little bally wally passed to him..

Didn't look remotely interested in working hard and putting there CH's under pressure..

Not as good as he likes to think he is..

silverhibee
20-03-2010, 08:37 PM

When he scores he has a pop at the Jambos instead of collecting the ball and getting back up the park to chase an equaliser. He also points the finger at the manager as if to say "and you can **** off too"And to cap it off he tells the Hibs support to lift the noise level.

He pointed at a yam in the stand and told him he was a f---ing pr--k after the yam had said something to Riordan about a family member.

matty_f
20-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Riordan is a top class striker IMHO. Problem is, we're using him as a sub-standard midfielder who can score goals now and again.

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2010, 08:40 PM
He pointed at a yam in the stand and told him he was a f---ing pr--k after the yam had said something to Riordan about a family member.

To be fair, he could have been pointing at any of them, and still been right. :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
20-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Riordan is a top class striker IMHO. Problem is, we're using him as a sub-standard midfielder who can score goals now and again.

and I would say the now and again isn't too bad either!!

how many has Miller, Rankin, or any other so called midfielder scored?

oh i forgot, they run aboot slightly more. :rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Can anyone else smell what I smell?

Big Frank
20-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Is that not what a message board is for?

IMHO, Riordan is a striker, not a left midfielder. However, I don'y believe he and Stokes could play upfront together either, too similar.

If it comes to the choice, I actually think Stokes is the better player, and is therefore ahead of him in the pecking order. It may not be popular but IMHO, it has to be Nish/Benji and Stokes/Riordan.

Yes it is.

But getting into a "discussion" about deeks with Franck is God is like 5 flag debates rolled into one. However he dresses up his posts in relation to deeks really doesn't matter, as what ever angle he takes, the long short and tall of it is DR GFT. Like a rat up a drainpipe.

silverhibee
20-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Can anyone else smell what I smell?

It smells like that dump at the PBS, isn't that a coincedence.:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 09:36 PM

How do you know that, they dont play together?

silverhibee
20-03-2010, 10:36 PM
How do you know that, they dont play together?

And it is worth a try, all wee need to do is convince Yogi.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 10:52 PM

:agree:

Westie1875
20-03-2010, 10:53 PM

Perhaps Derek & Stokesy should put in a request :greengrin

Tyler Durden
20-03-2010, 11:36 PM

I will feel free - your whole post is pish, as usual.

silverhibee
20-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Perhaps Derek & Stokesy should put in a request :greengrin

They are to feared of Yogi to put a request in, they dont like getting bullied. :wink: :greengrin

matty_f
20-03-2010, 11:41 PM
I'd love to see Deek and Stokes getting a run of games as the two main strikers.:agree:

Franck is God
20-03-2010, 11:44 PM
I will feel free - your whole post is pish, as usual.

Well after a well thought out and reasoned argument like that I take it all back.

From now on my only wish is that Derek Riordan is the first name on the team sheet, plays through the middle and that all the other players follow his example on how to play the game.

Tyler Durden
21-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Well after a well thought out and reasoned argument like that I take it all back.

From now on my only wish is that Derek Riordan is the first name on the team sheet, plays through the middle and that all the other players follow his example on how to play the game.

Well the OP (wind up?) is moaning abt Deek scoring and having the temerity to try and gee up the support. He nearly misseed the goal aswell apparently - what is his problem? Then, shock of shocks, you're on spouting your usual nonsense. WTF do you want from him? Who would have done better in his place? Which other player in the SPL who can't command a position averages 15 goals a season? If only we dropped Riordan, we'd be strolling to 3rd.

Franck is God
21-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Well the OP (wind up?) is moaning abt Deek scoring and having the temerity to try and gee up the support. He nearly misseed the goal aswell apparently - what is his problem? Then, shock of shocks, you're on spouting your usual nonsense. WTF do you want from him? Who would have done better in his place? Which other player in the SPL who can't command a position averages 15 goals a season? If only we dropped Riordan, we'd be strolling to 3rd.

I don't think it is as simple as dropping Riordan and we'd get third place. I know he scores goals not as many as some like to make out but he does get a few.

He is an odd player to find a place in the team for, he is an attacking player but he's not a winger, not a midfielder and he's not a centre forward.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-03-2010, 12:45 AM
They are to feared of Yogi to put a request in, they dont like getting bullied. :wink: :greengrin

Well tell them to grow a pair and knock on his door then.

1875godsgift
21-03-2010, 12:57 AM
I don't think it is as simple as dropping Riordan and we'd get third place. I know he scores goals not as many as some like to make out but he does get a few.

He is an odd player to find a place in the team for, he is an attacking player but he's not a winger, not a midfielder and he's not a centre forward.
What is that supposed to mean exactly? The amount of goals he scores is an exact figure, which can't be argued with, surely?
Fifth highest goalscorer in the SPL playing out of position can't be that bad!

hibee4life1983
21-03-2010, 01:25 AM
. . . . .Whats with playing him out of position?

Why is he fed high balls?

Why doesnt he run more?

. . . . .EACH QUESTION ANSWERS THE ONE ABOVE IT WITH THE FIRST BEING YOGIS PROBLEM!!

Deek isnt the problem, its some of the tosh around him coupled with bad management.

Franck is God
21-03-2010, 09:23 AM
What is that supposed to mean exactly? The amount of goals he scores is an exact figure, which can't be argued with, surely?
Fifth highest goalscorer in the SPL playing out of position can't be that bad!

It means that stats can prove anything you want them to it just depends on how you lay them out.

He's scored 15 goals this season which is one every 2 games which anyone can argue is a good record but...

He has actually appeared in 33 games and has scored in 10 of them, all the goals have been scored against teams in the bottom six and three of those 10 were in the cup and all against lower league oppositon.

I also don't agree that he is being played out of position, he has played on the left side of the attack since he was in our youth team. Most of the season we have played a 4-3-3 or 4-2-4. He has got defensive responsibilities but then so has every player in the team, during a game when we have the ball he pretty much has a free license to go where he wants, he drifts left himself but then he always has, the majority of his goals have come from that position, it's his trade mark goal, cutting infom the left and firing into the opposite top corner.

punks_jump_up
21-03-2010, 10:35 AM

Yet you don't see the "What's up with Stokes" threads every week:blah:
Riordan comes in for a bit undeserved abuse on here from fans.:rolleyes:
IMO stokes (and a lot of others) done absolutely nowt yesterday but folk still feel the need to have a go at Riordan HIBS Goalscorer.

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 10:38 AM
It's hard to believe that Deek scored yesterday.

number 27
21-03-2010, 10:51 AM

But apparently he "nearly skied it"

He must be the only player who gets criticised for the way he scores a goal :bitchy:

Westie1875
21-03-2010, 10:59 AM

And in the previous 2 games, but apparently he doesn't score enough. :yawn:

I wonder how many he would score if he were played as a striker?

Sandy
21-03-2010, 11:55 AM
And in the previous 2 games, but apparently he doesn't score enough. :yawn:

I wonder how many he would score if he were played as a striker?

Exactly, he scores some folk moan no matter what he does :yawn:

Riordans Boots
21-03-2010, 12:14 PM
IMO stokes (and a lot of others) done absolutely nowt yesterday but folk still feel the need to have a go at Riordan HIBS Goalscorer.

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-03-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm still waiting for the ultimate Riordan cliche - "if he wasn't a lazy bassa he'd score 20+ goals a season"!

seanraff07
21-03-2010, 12:37 PM

Exactly.:top marks

Riordan done more than Stokes done yesterday i'd say.
Riordan done more against Ross County than Stokes did i'd say.
Riordan done more against Killie than Stokes did i'd say.

Yet who gets the criticism after each of these games? Riordan, not Stokes.

Golden Bear
21-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Riordan is a Hibs player so will always have my support.

However he's not made the most of his talents and I honestly think he was a better player seven years ago than he is now.

Cabbage1875
21-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Awww shame he didn't get the little bally wally passed to him..

Didn't look remotely interested in working hard and putting there CH's under pressure..

Not as good as he likes to think he is..

He works hard every week with little reward in terms of getting the ball to his feet. Hammering the ball to someone like Stokes is never going to work. Dont let this get in the way of your little vendetta, though.

seanraff07
21-03-2010, 01:05 PM
He works hard every week with little reward in terms of getting the ball to his feet. Hammering the ball to someone like Stokes is never going to work. Dont let this get in the way of your little vendetta, though.

Exactly it isn't going to work, but that's been the case most weeks as Yogi plays him LM ever week, all of us can see that Riordan should be playing upfront but for some reason Yogi won't do it, i'd maybe even drop Stokes as a wake-up call and play Riordan upfront with Nish.

silverhibee
21-03-2010, 01:13 PM
=Franck is God;2395955]It means that stats can prove anything you want them to it just depends on how you lay them out.

He's scored 15 goals this season which is one every 2 games which anyone can argue is a good record but...

He has actually appeared in 33 games and has scored in 10 of them, all the goals have been scored against teams in the bottom six and three of those 10 were in the cup and all against lower league oppositon.

I also don't agree that he is being played out of position, he has played on the left side of the attack since he was in our youth team. Most of the season we have played a 4-3-3 or 4-2-4. He has got defensive responsibilities but then so has every player in the team, during a game when we have the ball he pretty much has a free license to go where he wants, he drifts left himself but then he always has, the majority of his goals have come from that position, it's his trade mark goal, cutting infom the left and firing into the opposite top corner.[/QUOTE]

Bit confused with this FIODs, what is his goal tally for the season, 10 or 15.:confused:, he has also scored goals against teams in the top six as well,:confused:
The bit in bold, wrong again, he played upfront with Garry O when they came through the youth system at Hibs.
Maybe the reason you are getting a bit stick about all of this Riordan stuff is it seems to be the only player you are having a go at all of the time is Deeks, you are never critical of any other Hibs player like you are towards Derek, and by a country mile he is far from the worst player in the team but your constant moaning about him is becoming boring, it seems the only time you post on hibs.net it is to have a go at Derek Riordan. imo.

Phil D. Rolls
21-03-2010, 01:15 PM
But apparently he "nearly skied it"

He must be the only player who gets criticised for the way he scores a goal :bitchy:

Some people on here would criticise Cruyff for having his hair too long.

km2007
21-03-2010, 01:21 PM

I agree! Recently most fans are on the witch hunt which is understandable but if Hogg was playing - He'd prob be getting the most of it! He seems to be target number one for slating!

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I agree! Recently most fans are on the witch hunt which is understandable but if Hogg was playing - He'd prob be getting the most of it! He seems to be target number one for slating!

Why is it understandable? Surely when the chips are down, we should be getting behind them? Maybe i'm wrong, and its a young thing?:confused:

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 03:05 PM
after weeks of saying he should stay on the left.....he should now be up front :agree:

Put Galbraith on the left and unleash Deek and Stokes (starting with Ross County on tuesday night) :agree:

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 03:08 PM
after weeks of saying he should stay on the left.....he should now be up front :agree:

Put Galbraith on the left and unleash Deek and Stokes (starting with Ross County on tuesday night) :agree:

Whats changed your mind?

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Whats changed your mind?

frustrations from yesterday and the last few weeks.

Sadly Gow, Nish & Benji are considered for playing up top

Franck is God
21-03-2010, 03:19 PM
[/QUOTE]

Bit confused with this FIODs, what is his goal tally for the season, 10 or 15.:confused:, he has also scored goals against teams in the top six as well,:confused:
The bit in bold, wrong again, he played upfront with Garry O when they came through the youth system at Hibs.
Maybe the reason you are getting a bit stick about all of this Riordan stuff is it seems to be the only player you are having a go at all of the time is Deeks, you are never critical of any other Hibs player like you are towards Derek, and by a country mile he is far from the worst player in the team but your constant moaning about him is becoming boring, it seems the only time you post on hibs.net it is to have a go at Derek Riordan. imo.[/QUOTE]

I am also very critical of Stack but my issue with him is a lack of ability not effort. I don't think Murray has been on top form since before Christmas, don't think I saw him challenge and win a single ball in the air yesterday.

My main problem with Riordan is that he does the bare minimum in every game, after he scored against Ross County he almost looked like he had the attitude, well I've done my bit rather than keep playing.

The point I was making about his goals, he has appeared on the scoresheet 10 times in over 30 games which is a far less flattering stat that a goal every other game. He doesn't exactly have a huge number of assists either so in the other 20 odd games where he didn't score he has contributed what exactly?

Well obviously everyone is now bored about hearing what I think about Deek so I'll shut up now and move to a different topic and make sure its a positive one.

silverhibee
21-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Maybe the reason you are getting a bit stick about all of this Riordan stuff is it seems to be the only player you are having a go at all of the time is Deeks, you are never critical of any other Hibs player like you are towards Derek, and by a country mile he is far from the worst player in the team but your constant moaning about him is becoming boring, it seems the only time you post on hibs.net it is to have a go at Derek Riordan. imo.[/QUOTE]

I am also very critical of Stack but my issue with him is a lack of ability not effort. I don't think Murray has been on top form since before Christmas, don't think I saw him challenge and win a single ball in the air yesterday.

My main problem with Riordan is that he does the bare minimum in every game, after he scored against Ross County he almost looked like he had the attitude, well I've done my bit rather than keep playing.

The point I was making about his goals, he has appeared on the scoresheet 10 times in over 30 games which is a far less flattering stat that a goal every other game. He doesn't exactly have a huge number of assists either so in the other 20 odd games where he didn't score he has contributed what exactly?

Well obviously everyone is now bored about hearing what I think about Deek so I'll shut up now and move to a different topic and make sure its a positive one.[/QUOTE]

Thats the spirit. :wink:

Westie1875
21-03-2010, 03:38 PM

Well obviously everyone is now bored about hearing what I think about Deek so I'll shut up now and move to a different topic and make sure its a positive one.

Riordan has scored 14 goals in 31 starts (2 subs) for Hibs this season, 10 of which are spl goals from 27 league starts. And he has been playing midfield for most of the season, how many other midfielders in the spl have scored as many or more goals?

According to the spl stats site he has 4 assists in the league which is joint top for Hibs with Rankin, so no-one else in the team has more assists than him and only Stokes has scored more.

johnrebus
21-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Christ, in the unlikely even that Lionel Messi ever signed on at ER, God help him if he ever had a bad game............,

Derek Riordan isn't Roy of the bloody Rovers, he's not even Wayne Rooney, give him a break.

Is there actually anyone in the current first team squad who is above critisism?

:I'm waiti

Sandy
21-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Can someone please tell me if it wasn't for Deeks goals against Ross County where would we be in the SC :confused: Couldn't give a toss who he scores against, as long as he keeps scoring I am happy. :agree:

Alfred E Newman
21-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Stokes may be a good finisher but seldom creates for anyone else. Riordan and Nish on Tuesday with a winger please.

PeeJay
21-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Christ, in the unlikely even that Lionel Messi ever signed on at ER, God help him if he ever had a bad game............,

Derek Riordan isn't Roy of the bloody Rovers, he's not even Wayne Rooney, give him a break.

Is there actually anyone in the current first team squad who is above critisism?

:I'm waiti

Interesting that you mention Messi - perhaps the world's finest player at the moment. An interesting fact about Messi is his work rate for the team; he's not too fine a person to track back and work hard at defending - as in fact are the whole Barcelona team - he does an amazing amount of running off the ball, and is generally a team player, although perhaps we all mainly remember and marvel at the individual flashes of brilliance.

I think Riordan is a good footballer, but he is selling himself and his team badly short by his apparent unwillingness to work too hard. He's improved his work rate, but it wasn't much in the first place. I don't think Deeks scoring a goal is enough to excuse his laziness for most of a game. He's a long way short of exploiting his potential and helping the team that he supports. He should consider that successful modern football is a team game. Lesser footballers, such as some (not just Deeks) at Hibs, should take a leaf out of Messi's attitude IMO.

Alex Trager
21-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Ten marks to the deekster for winding the yams up after he scores if you check the bottom tier(sp?) about a second after the whole section stands up to give him abuse

km2007
21-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Why is it understandable? Surely when the chips are down, we should be getting behind them? Maybe i'm wrong, and its a young thing?:confused:

It's understandable because fans expect more, we expect better and unfortunately the last few games have been poor. When we are on bad form someone is to blame.... although personally I think if we play bad it's more off a team failure that all the blame going to one person

ackeygraham
21-03-2010, 08:51 PM
end of the day, he has a talent....scoring goals, did you see Ally McCoist and the likes chasing back like he has this season....

End of the day, our team is running out of luck cos i can count on one hand how many decent games we have had this season! So cos we're gash lets blame deek.

Lets blame :-

Hogg - never a captain of hibs and if i have to watch another hoof ball from him in which you're lucky if reaches a hibs player....

Hughes - Use the squad, you'd think we'd only signed 11 players.....get it sorted...

Tactics - we have none....simple. Much as Hughes is a hibee, never a tactics man and now wonder why falkirk we're at the bottom.......

I could go on for days......new stand....we can't even fill three stands never mind four.......reality is coming back to bite us....thank god for the 12 game unbeaten run....we arent' strong enough, too many hiders in that team!

Sort it out.