PDA

View Full Version : Stack

DaveF
20-03-2010, 01:36 PM
On the payroll for the yams?

Can't be any other explanation for 'that' effort?

muz1875
20-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Worst distribution I;ve ever seen in a game. Get him to **** and get Smith back in.

CMac1988
20-03-2010, 01:49 PM
It was a poor mistake at the first, but he made 2 good saves to his right which made the scoreline look better than it should have.

Others players should be taking stick before stack?

The Sundance Kid
20-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Stack made more errors in 90 minutes there than Smith has made in his entire Hibs career. This surely spells Smith returning between the sticks midweek or Brown being given a chance

DaveF
20-03-2010, 01:52 PM
It was a poor mistake at the first, but he made 2 good saves to his right which made the scoreline look better than it should have.

Sorry, but 'poor' does not even come close.

It was a horrendous error of judgement and gave them all the momentum in the game.

Maka was slaughtered for far less than that.

I'm hardly a knee jerk type of person, but on this occasion I'l happily change my tune.

He should be booted into touch asap.

bob12345
He looked nervous throughout, although worth mentioning a few terrific saves. Agreed about the distribution being horrendous, it's one thing having long ball tactics - but if the accuracy of the balls being played is woeful it is just going to come straight back to you.

I agree - Smith to be given a chance. But Stack not completely disregarded - he hasn't done a lot wrong beside today. Anyone know how Mark Brown's being doing in the bounce games?

Hainan Hibs
How many goals are we going to gift them through crap goalkeeping?

Smith should never have been dropped.

cabbageandribs1875
20-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Worst distribution I;ve ever seen in a game. Get him to **** and get Smith back in.

ridiculous that he was dropped in the first place imo

CMac1988
20-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Stack made more errors in 90 minutes there than Smith has made in his entire Hibs career. This surely spells Smith returning between the sticks midweek or Brown being given a chance

He didn't have the best of games and made a couple of good saves. His attempt outside the box was woeful though. Certainly not the worst game from a Hibs keeper at tincastle.

I still don't know why Smith was replaced when he hadn't set a foot wrong though :confused:.

Wotherspiniesta
20-03-2010, 01:54 PM
His decision making today was absolutely terrible.

His persistance to stay on his line is causing all types of problems from crosses and corners. He then decide to come racing out his box to 30 yards out where he mistimed a header and caused even more problems.

The most alarming thing is his lack of awareness though, 3 times now where the ball has been played through and he has taken an absolute AGE to come out and close down the forward.

The token dropping of a cross from a corner almost cost us a goal, and his watching of the ball smacking off his post was embarassing.

I'm glad Yogi signed 2 other keepers in the transfer window, because after that showing they deserve a chance.

SalfordHibs
20-03-2010, 01:56 PM
How many goals are we going to gift them through crap goalkeeping?

Smith should never have been dropped.

:top marks

Exactly mate.

Moulin Yarns
20-03-2010, 01:58 PM

how do you explain the two excellent diving saves he made then? one of them one handed.

Franck is God
I don't rate Stack, never have and never will and was distraught that Maka was dropped for him never mind Smith.

I could fill this box with reasons he should be dropped but put simply we have better options on the bench and in the stand. I don't think he's good enough to even be number two.

CMac1988
Sorry, but 'poor' does not even come close.

It was a horrendous error of judgement and gave them all the momentum in the game.

Maka was slaughtered for far less than that.

I'm hardly a knee jerk type of person, but on this occasion I'l happily change my tune.

He should be booted into touch asap.

Maybe I was being a little kind :wink:.

Probably just used to seeing suck a S*** keeping performance against Hearts, that a mediocre one looks decent...

Franck is God
20-03-2010, 02:01 PM
how do you explain the two excellent diving saves he made then? one of them one handed.

Neither of them were excellent saves, if either of them had gone in they would have to have been considered mistakes too. They were the kind of save you would expect any keeper to make.

Oscar Lomax
20-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Stack was shocking. He will not come off his line to get a ball. With that clown Bamba in front of you though it's always going to be difficult. Smith in for Tuesday with either Hanlon or McCormack replacing Bamba.

SalfordHibs
20-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Stack was shocking. He will not come off his line to get a ball. With that clown Bamba in front of you though it's always going to be difficult. Smith in for Tuesday with either Hanlon or McCormack replacing Bamba.

Exactly big strong keeper and he stays on his line at corners and crosses, he should be putting his fist right through the ball and if he clumps a YAM even better.

Where was the marking for their second, first one free header then Glen runs onto it again with no-one tracking him...Pathetic.

muz1875
20-03-2010, 02:05 PM

Woah, one handed. Honestly reckon i could've saVED them and if he hadn't they would've went down as complete ****-ups. His performance was summed up for me when he had the ball in his hands, Thicot was in acres of space oin the right and instead of rolling it to him he hoofed it up the park. Eye bleeding stuff

lucky
20-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Stack was poor but so were the rest. I thought Rankin was at least trying before he got hooked. Benji did ok to. But why only 1 sub?

Makaveli
20-03-2010, 02:07 PM
We have four senior keepers, why does Hughes insist on playing the worst one?

An Leargaidh
20-03-2010, 02:10 PM

Yes he was nervous and made a few cock ups but he also made a few good saves in the second half too.

Baader
20-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Can't help but think that if Smith were in between the sticks we would not have lost today. Although I admit we were dreadful.

TheMentalHibees
20-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Stack shouldn't get singled out. Performance on the whole was shocking.

matty_f
20-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Have to say, today aside - I can't think of anything that Stack's done to earn him the label of the worst keeper at the club.:confused:

18Craig75
20-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Was thinking before the game as well 'it's nice to finally have a keeper who wont be intimidated here' how wrong was I?

Smith back in, he didn't deserve to be dropped in the first place. If Bamba can't play with Smith then thats his problem, bench him as well!

matty_f
20-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Was thinking before the game as well 'it's nice to finally have a keeper who wont be intimidated here' how wrong was I?

Smith back in, he didn't deserve to be dropped in the first place. If Bamba can't play with Smith then thats his problem, bench him as well!

I don't think Stack was intimidated, I just think he made a couple of poor decisions.

Franck is God
20-03-2010, 02:38 PM

I know Hearts were much better than us today and should have scored more but at the end of the day the score was 2-1 and both of their goals were due to poor goalkeeping

Maybe they would have won anyway but I'm afraid his errors cost us the game today.

Dunkin' Donut
20-03-2010, 04:07 PM
wholesome changes combined with a very poor piece of goalkeeping for the first goal cost us the game. no hunger, no drive. lucky to be 2nd best today.

Gus Fring
20-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I still think stack is the second best keeper at the club. But smith did not deserve to be dropped. Every performance was solid (including that awful night in perth).

MrSmith
20-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I do not rate Stack and never have!

Why Yogi feels the need to show loyalty and persevere with him is beyond me! Time Smith was back in-between the sticks!!

Stack's positional sense is awful, distribution awful and the weakest goalkeeper I have seen at ER for many a year!

Sorry but no knee-jerk from me simply observed and not seen anything from him that we did not previously have!

And, for all those who bashed Maka - think again!!!.

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 04:15 PM

Sorry but I simply do not agree! :cool2:

He gave the ball back to Hearts EVERY time he kicked the ball upfield sometimes even getting straight into the hands of the Hearts keeper to let him start THEIR next move! :confused:

His failure to come for cross balls has been evident to all from the Celtic game at ER at the start of the season and we need a commanding keeper back in between the sticks again for Tuesday night! :agree:

Smith should return to the team on Tuesday and Stack should be left at ER with Brown or Maka taking the sub role! :agree:

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 04:15 PM
I do not rate Stack and never have!

Why Yogi feels the need to show loyalty and persevere with him is beyond me! Time Smith was back in-between the sticks!!

Stack's positional sense is awful, distribution awful and the weakest goalkeeper I have seen at ER for many a year!

Sorry but no knee-jerk from me simply observed and not seen anything from him that we did not previously have!

And, for all those who bashed Maka - think again!!!.

:agree:

:top marks

vahibbie
20-03-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm no fan of Stack and even tho he did make a couple of good save today (which keepers are expected to do) he needs dropped.
He's always been hesitant to come for crosses and any high ball seems to totally confuse him. I seriously wonder if he has a vision problem, maybe depth of vision or something.

Either way he was *****e today, get Smith back in:agree:

CMac1988
20-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Sorry but I simply do not agree! :cool2:

He gave the ball back to Hearts EVERY time he kicked the ball upfield sometimes even getting straight into the hands of the Hearts keeper to let him start THEIR next move! :confused:

His failure to come for cross balls has been evident to all from the Celtic game at ER at the start of the season and we need a commanding keeper back in between the sticks again for Tuesday night! :agree:

Smith should return to the team on Tuesday and Stack should be left at ER with Brown or Maka taking the sub role! :agree:

Like I said a few posts after perhaps I was a little kind towards stack :wink:. In no way was his performance anything better than atleast mediocre, I just think there are others that should be questioned about their performances before him.

The accuracy of his kicking isn't brilliant but I ain't gonna come down on him to hard for it, especially when there isn't a player who's interested in even jumping up to win the ball.

Too often in the last couple of months have I seen a lacklustre, no fight performance from pretty much most of the squad.

I 100% agree that Smith shouldn't have been dropped though. :agree:

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Yes he was nervous and made a few cock ups but he also made a few good saves in the second half too.

Bread and butter saves that any keeper would easily expect to make comfortably mate! :agree:

Stop seeing something that isn't there with this guy! :wink:

He should be dropped for Tuesday as I have already said today on here! :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
20-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Bread and butter saves that any keeper would easily expect to make comfortably mate! :agree:

Stop seeing something that isn't there with this guy! :wink:

He should be dropped for Tuesday as I have already said today on here! :agree:

You kidding ? he made at least 2 fantastic saves to even keep us in the game!

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Incredible, his first mistake thats resulted directly in us losing a goal, and he's the worst keeper at the club. :faf:

Dunbar Hibee
20-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Incredible, his first mistake thats resulted directly in us losing a goal, and he's the worst keeper at the club. :faf:

:agree: Some people are unbelievable. Stack is the best keeper at the club imo and 1 mistake should not cost his place in the sticks.

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 04:52 PM
You kidding ? he made at least 2 fantastic saves to even keep us in the game!

Mate, I was no more that 20 yards from him when he made those saves and they were saves that any SPL keeper should easily save every time of asking! :agree:

I'm_cabbaged
20-03-2010, 04:53 PM

Sorry, not his first mistake. Never comes out for a ball.

Dunbar Hibee
20-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Mate, I was no more that 20 yards from him when he made those saves and they were saves that any SPL keeper should easily save every time of asking! :agree:

As was I, and I certainly thought they were fantastic saves.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Sorry, not his first mistake. Never comes out for a ball.

Maybe you should read what i said again.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 04:56 PM
As was I, and I certainly thought they were fantastic saves.:agree:

Bread and butter saves, lets not make them into Andy McNeil cup winning saves.:wink:

TornadoHibby
:agree: Some people are unbelievable. Stack is the best keeper at the club imo and 1 mistake should not cost his place in the sticks.

:faf:

No chance, ask John Blackley, who used to coach him at Plymouth, what he thinks about his abilities! :wink:

And its not just one mistake but I'm not getting involved in the type of rubbish that our last scapegoat keeper had to suffer on here! :wink:

Get Smith back for Tuesday and Brown or Maka as sub! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
:faf:

No chance, ask John Blackley, who used to coach him at Plymouth, what he thinks about his abilities! :wink:

And its not just one mistake but I'm not getting involved in the type of rubbish that our last scapegoat keeper had to suffer on here! :wink:

Get Smith back for Tuesday and Brown or Maka as sub! :agree:

Ask me what i think of John Blackley as a manager?

I'm_cabbaged
Maybe you should read what i said again.

nut, cannae be bothered. :greengrin

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Ask me what i think of John Blackley as a manager?

Why? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
Why? :confused:

Why is his view any better than mine or yours?

Franck Stanton

Oh really ?we were quite comfortable for first 20 min or so, until Stack decided to turn int Zibi for some reason, how he didn't deal with the cross for 1st goal was primary school-boy stuff, as for the second, yet another joke. Yes he did make a couple of stops later in the game - christ, thats what he is payed to do and you aren't ever going to convince me that if Smith had been in goal today Any of what was directed towards our goal today would have resulted in a goal. You could see our back 4 panicking every time they played the ball into our box - no confidence in their keeper. Yes other outfield players had bad games as well, [ most if I am being honest] but didn't a lot of that stem from Stacks nightmare performance, which gifted them TWO goals, lifted them and demoralised us?

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Oh really ?we were quite comfortable for first 20 min or so, until Stack decided to turn int Zibi for some reason, how he didn't deal with the cross for 1st goal was primary school-boy stuff, as for the second, yet another joke. Yes he did make a couple of stops later in the game - christ, thats what he is payed to do and you aren't ever going to convince me that if Smith had been in goal today Any of what was directed towards our goal today would have resulted in a goal. You could see our back 4 panicking every time they played the ball into our box - no confidence in their keeper. Yes other outfield players had bad games as well, [ most if I am being honest] but didn't a lot of that stem from Stacks nightmare performance, which gifted them TWO goals, lifted them and demoralised us?

The first goal yes, that was down to stack. The 2nd was never his fault.:confused:

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Why is his view any better than mine or yours?

Because he worked closely with the guy at close hand to know what he can do and what he will never do! :agree:

You and I don't but I have expressed my concerns about the guys unwillingness to venture off his line for cross balls and for his random ventures into areas of the pitch that he should be nowhere near (he did it again today and better teams would have punished us for him being stranded some 35 yards from his goal) and for his downright AWFUL kicking which inevitably hands the ball straight back to the opposition as it did every time he kicked today! :confused:

He's not the "holy grail" keeper that you hold him to be since you decided that Maka was "not good enough for Hibs" !:cool2:

Zazu62
20-03-2010, 05:08 PM
A goalkeeper is only as good as the defence in front of him, all hearts had to do in the first half was to cross a few balls into the box and we just crumbled, no leadership or organisation in the back 4 today.

:grr:

CMac1988
20-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Oh really ?we were quite comfortable for first 20 min or so, until Stack decided to turn int Zibi for some reason...

which gifted them TWO goals, lifted them and demoralised us?

If you read though the rest of the thread you'd see that I said I was perhaps too kind to him, I just didn't think a new witch hunt thread was deserved :wink:.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Because he worked closely with the guy at close hand to know what he can do and what he will never do! :agree:

You and I don't but I have expressed my concerns about the guys unwillingness to venture off his line for cross balls and for his random ventures into areas of the pitch that he should be nowhere near (he did it again today and better teams would have punished us for him being stranded some 35 yards from his goal) and for his downright AWFUL kicking which inevitably hands the ball straight back to the opposition as it did every time he kicked today! :confused:

He's not the "holy grail" keeper that you hold him to be since you decided that Maka was "not good enough for Hibs" !:cool2:

Alec McLeish thought Paul Hartley would never make a player, and we all know how wrong he was. Managers get things wrong.

Imho he's been pretty consistant since he came to the club. Certainly better than Maka. I have never said he's a fantastic keeper, all i wanted was a better one.

He's been fine for us, and mistakes have been kept down to a minimum since he arrived, Today was not his best..

Ravelston Hibby
20-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Now that I am home and had a chance to look at the goals, I think some people are being a bit harsh on Stack for their goals.

It was difficult to make out properly what happened for the first crucial goal. Having viewed it on telly replays I think it was unfortunate that the ball hit the post and rebounded out. I don't really see how Stack could be blamed for that, as he had the flight of the ball covered, and it looked like the ball would go behing for a bye kick.

I cannot for the life of me see how anyone could blame him for the second goal. Two headers from yam players, and defenders should have never allowed them the time and space from the cross. (Think the protests from McBride in particular, may have been them claiming the ball from the corner was fired behind the goal-line and swung back in from out of play?)

Additionally, Stack made two tremendous saves for certain goals, and I thought they were impressive - certainly not run-of-the-mill! I was directly behind the right-hand side of Stack's goals, and had a perfect view....good saves.

His distribution certainly could and should have been better. Also believe he should come out more positively for cross balls. However, I cannot blame him for the loss today.

thebakerboy
20-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Felt in first 20mins. we were not playing great but seemed in total control but without creating too much then Stack hands them the first goal and was none to clever at the second. I like my keeper to to take control and clear everything in the 6 yard box and Stack does not do this and never has. His distribution is not the best but he is a good shot stopper. After losing the second goal they raised their game and we lost our way and that was the game changed by a goal keeping error. On this basis I would like to see Buzz back between the posts on Tuesday.:jamboak:

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Alec McLeish thought Paul Hartley would never make a player, and we all know how wrong he was. Managers get things wrong.

Imho he's been pretty consistant since he came to the club. Certainly better than Maka. I have never said he's a fantastic keeper, all i wanted was a better one.

He's been fine for us, and mistakes have been kept down to a minimum since he arrived, Today was not his best..

Hartley was never a winger but was later shown to be a very useful hard working combative energetic midfielder. Same player but different positions! :wink:

What position would Stack be better at do you think? :cool2:

He's certainly known to like running around naked at training copying an antic of his manager but whilst that might make the rest of the team laugh at training etc, it doesn't make him a better keeper! :wink:

I neither agree that he's been consistent (in the "good" sense) nor that he is better than Maka but then we all have opinions don't we! :wink:

We have at least one better keeper depending upon "opinion" and Smith should be therefore back for Tuesday without doubt and Stack should be given time off to hone his amusing training "antics" as he ain't ever going to change the things I highlighted earlier as he has been doing them for years (apparently) hence his relatively limited number of "top flight" appearances despite his age! :agree:

Brown or Maka will prove to be able subs if called upon IMO! :agree:

EDIT! Oh aye, the defeat was a team defeat and not down to Stack but I stand by everything I have posted on this thread nevertheless!

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Now that I am home and had a chance to look at the goals, I think some people are being a bit harsh on Stack for their goals.

It was difficult to make out properly what happened for the first crucial goal. Having viewed it on telly replays I think it was unfortunate that the ball hit the post and rebounded out. I don't really see how Stack could be blamed for that, as he had the flight of the ball covered, and it looked like the ball would go behing for a bye kick.

I cannot for the life of me see how anyone could blame him for the second goal. Two headers from yam players, and defenders should have never allowed them the time and space from the cross. (Think the protests from McBride in particular, may have been them claiming the ball from the corner was fired behind the goal-line and swung back in from out of play?)

Additionally, Stack made two tremendous saves for certain goals, and I thought they were impressive - certainly not run-of-the-mill! I was directly behind the right-hand side of Stack's goals, and had a perfect view....good saves.

His distribution certainly could and should have been better. Also believe he should come out more positively for cross balls. However, I cannot blame him for the loss today.

Nah, he had time to come and take the 1st one, he should have done just that. I agree 100% on the 2nd though.:agree:

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 05:24 PM

You must have been close to me then as I was in row 14 just to the right of the goals he was in second half and I saw these saves as ones that any SPL keeper would be considered to be seriously at fault with if he did not make them comfortably! :agree:

Ravelston Hibby
20-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Nah, he had time to come and take the 1st one, he should have done just that. I agree 100% on the 2nd though.:agree:

Think i'll have another peek later. :greengrin

7Hero
20-03-2010, 05:25 PM
ill judge hughes when he signs some decent defenders if he doesnt then he deserves all the stick

Ravelston Hibby
20-03-2010, 05:30 PM
You must have been close to me then as I was in row 14 just to the right of the goals he was in second half and I saw these saves as ones that any SPL keeper would be seriously at fault if he did not make comfortably! :agree:

I was in row 14 for the first half with my Grandson (Hibs Mascot today! :thumbsup: Pity about the result though!!! :boo hoo:).

At half-time I swapped with my daughter, and I moved up beside my son-in-law in Row 22. As said, I too had a good view, and thought they were creditable saves. Opinions, eh? :greengrin

Aldoo
20-03-2010, 05:32 PM

We all agree that Stacks shotstopping is good but when you have a team the size of Hibs where only Bamba in the Hibs team is above the average size for the position he plays you must have a keeper who is willing and able to come of his line catch/punch the ball and take the pressure of the defence.

The alarm bells were ringing for me when Samaras scored from a cross ball from inside the six yard box during the first game against Celtic at ER, the greatest shot stopper in the world would not have been able to react that quickly to stop it from going in and the only option was for Stack to come and claim it but he was rooted to the line and only moved from it when he picked the ball out the net.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 05:46 PM
We all agree that Stacks shotstopping is good but when you have a team the size of Hibs where only Bamba in the Hibs team is above the average size for the position he plays you must have a keeper who is willing and able to come of his line catch/punch the ball and take the pressure of the defence.

The alarm bells were ringing for me when Samaras scored from a cross ball from inside the six yard box during the first game against Celtic at ER, the greatest shot stopper in the world would not have been able to react that quickly to stop it from going in and the only option was for Stack to come and claim it but he was rooted to the line and only moved from it when he picked the ball out the net.

Samaras got in front of Bamba for that goal, it was never a keepers ball. I despair at times, it seems we look for blame, even when none is there.

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Samaras got in front of Bamba for that goal, it was never a keepers ball. I despair at times, it seems we look for blame, even when none is there.

Whatever you think (and say), there are weaknesses there that a good keeper should not have! :agree:

The aversion to crosses could easily have cost us several goals in that one game alone although we lost without any more going in that day! :agree:

Today was a horrible team performance but you can't deflect the attention that Stack brought upon himself today and over the season IMO despite some good shot stopping saves here and there! :wink:

You didn't respond to this (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2395030&postcount=57) post earlier in the thread?! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Hartley was never a winger but was later shown to be a very useful hard working combative energetic midfielder. Same player but different positions! :wink:

What position would Stack be better at do you think? :cool2:

He's certainly known to like running around naked at training copying an antic of his manager but whilst that might make the rest of the team laugh at training etc, it doesn't make him a better keeper! :wink:

I neither agree that he's been consistent (in the "good" sense) nor that he is better than Maka but then we all have opinions don't we! :wink:

We have at least one better keeper depending upon "opinion" and Smith should be therefore back for Tuesday without doubt and Stack should be given time off to hone his amusing training "antics" as he ain't ever going to change the things I highlighted earlier as he has been doing them for years (apparently) hence his relatively limited number of "top flight" appearances despite his age! :agree:

Brown or Maka will prove to be able subs if called upon IMO! :agree:

EDIT! Oh aye, the defeat was a team defeat and not down to Stack but I stand by everything I have posted on this thread nevertheless!

Nothing to reply to really, i think Stacks a decent keeper, you dont. I think Stack has been better than Maka, is he better than Smith or Brown, i dont know. Does Blackley prefer Maka or Stack?

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Nothing to reply to really, i think Stacks a decent keeper, you dont. I think Stack has been better than Maka, is he better than Smith or Brown, i dont know. Does Blackley prefer Maka or Stack?

What about the Hartley point you made that I replied to? :wink:

Sloop has never worked with Maka so wouldn't express a view! :cool2:

I'd rather see Smith and Brown/Maka as the 1st and 2nd keeper for Tuesday night but, of course, Yogi will decide who plays as that is his job! :wink:

I sincerely hope that whatever team Yogi puts out on Tuesday has the necessary commitment, belief, will to win and skills to get us through to meet Celtic in the semi final but the performances of the past few weeks do not bode well I fear! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 06:12 PM
What about the Hartley point you made that I replied to? :wink:

The point is, GJP did not see a player in Hartley, so got it wrong. Blackley like any other manager can get it wrong too. Perhaps he would prefer Maka to Stack?

truehibernian
20-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Stack was atrocious at the first goal. You have to come and collect crosses like that. He did the same last week v RC, when he let a floating harmless looking cross reach the back stick only to see a player at the back post keep it in play. Smith would never have allowed that cross to reach the post. He would have been off his line collecting. If it were Maka then the thread would be in meltdown.

edfen
20-03-2010, 06:16 PM

dont talk garbage,the boy had a good game,2nd half he stopped a barrowload(lets not kid on)ok his kicking went right to balogh but whats wrong with trying to get the ball up there

MSK
20-03-2010, 06:20 PM
dont talk garbage,the boy had a good game,2nd half he stopped a barrowload(lets not kid on)ok his kicking went right to balogh but whats wrong with trying to get the ball up thereA barrow load ..?...maybe a couple ..dinnae get too far ahead o yersel ...:jamboak:

edfen
20-03-2010, 06:22 PM
A barrow load ..?...maybe a couple ..dinnae get too far ahead o yersel ...:jamboak:

im not but come on,even yogi had a laugh on the radio

brydekirk
20-03-2010, 06:23 PM
anybody with a K in there name should never play in goals for hibs. maKa, stacK and that polish ****. stack is on drugs, going by that performance.

brydekirk
20-03-2010, 06:32 PM
WHY, he was murder, cost us the all important first goal, and what the **** was he doing when he thought he was playing left back.:confused:

DaveF
20-03-2010, 06:38 PM
dont talk garbage,the boy had a good game,2nd half he stopped a barrowload(lets not kid on)ok his kicking went right to balogh but whats wrong with trying to get the ball up there

GTF.

I class a 'good game' as not allowing a harmless cross hit the woodwork to drop back into play for an easy goal.

It was a terrible, terrible mistake and as I've already said, cost us big time by giving you lot all the momentum in the match.

Yes, he made other saves, but i would expect any keeper to have made those. It was piss poor finishing than great goalkeeping that saved us today.

edfen
20-03-2010, 06:42 PM
GTF.

I class a 'good game' as not allowing a harmless cross hit the woodwork to drop back into play for an easy goal.

It was a terrible, terrible mistake and as I've already said, cost us big time by giving you lot all the momentum in the match.

Yes, he made other saves, but i would expect any keeper to have made those. It was piss poor finishing than great goalkeeping that saved us today.

tbh it was hard to tell from where i was for the first,but for me he made 2 or 3 great saves in the 2nd,and for the gtf im only saying what i seen

vahibbie
20-03-2010, 06:44 PM

Maybe that's part of the problem.
What the ****** is there to laugh at and did he think many Hibbies would actually laugh along with him:grr:

Sudds_1
20-03-2010, 06:58 PM
ridiculous that he was dropped in the first place imo

I said so some weeks ago, including some questioning of Yogi's explanation for it.........

.......and was more or less shouted down :rolleyes:

Ho hum.........

TornadoHibby
20-03-2010, 07:12 PM

Aye but IIRC he also said the "many other teams would love to be where Hibs are right now"! :agree:

Now in terms of being 5th in the SPL and in a SC quarter final replay away from home against a First Division team that may well be the case! :agree:

However, in terms of playing as we have been for a number of weeks now (seriously badly IMO), I very much doubt there is much envy from other teams right now about that! :wink:

If we can't defend well and dominate the midfield then we will lose more than we win to (reversely) quote one of our previous managers! :wink:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
20-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Stack had a bad game last week and in the first half today was shocking. If Yogi wants him to play as he "Shouts at Bamba" them maybe he should pick keepers on their ability rather than their big mouth.

IberianHibernian
20-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Looks like Stack is going to be yet another goalie who`s going to be remembered by some fans for Derby mistakes even though he`s been good in most other games . Fact is we have 4 goalies all of about the same standard when we only need 2 . Presumably Smith and Brown will stay next season ( why were they signed ? - Yogi thought someone else would sign them if he didn`t I suppose ) and go on to make as many or more mistakes as Maka and Stack . Apart from the obvious financial cost of having 4 goalies I doubt it helps team spirit much either to have 3 players knowing they won`t play every week especially with no reserve league . A lot of fans here seemed to celebrate signings of Smith , Brown and Gow ( and even new contract for Murray as if he was some kind of Sauzee ) when we needed new defenders or midfielders or to give young players a chance .

truehibernian
20-03-2010, 08:10 PM
A new right back, centre half and winger was what the team needed. I am sure that once Yogi is seated high up in the West he will see for himself.

thebakerboy
20-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Yogi says we have 4 great keepers and we are lucky to have them , therefore if 1 has a poor ,or even a crap game, then he should be replaced ASAP or what is the point of having FOUR GREAT KEEPERS, Buzz for Tuesday or either of the other TWO but not STACK.:grr::greengrin

HibeeUnderwood
21-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Oh look another goalkeeping thread! :grr:

Ok it was disappointing and Stack made a bad choice, but he made up for it with some of his other saves.

It was nothing compared to what many other keepers have done, I think its just it came in the wrong match :boo hoo:

Every other game he's played in he hasn't put a foot wrong. And although I think Smith should not have been dropped, thats football.

I reckon Stack should keep his place but should be warned that theres a lot at stake and he can't afford to make any sort of error as there are 4 other keepers at the club who want to be playing in his place :agree:

The_Horde
21-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Oh look another goalkeeping thread! :grr:

Ok it was disappointing and Stack made a bad choice, but he made up for it with some of his other saves.

It was nothing compared to what many other keepers have done, I think its just it came in the wrong match :boo hoo:

Every other game he's played in he hasn't put a foot wrong. And although I think Smith should not have been dropped, thats football.

I reckon Stack should keep his place but should be warned that theres a lot at stake and he can't afford to make any sort of error as there are 4 other keepers at the club who want to be playing in his place :agree:

Agree .

I have posted on another thread saying i'd have Smith in goals however, with the way our defence has been lately, changing it is probably not the best way to go about it.

We need stability and to go back to basics.

davym7062
21-03-2010, 12:24 AM
FFS he was awfull. how many times did he just launch it straight to the hearts goalie.

Dunbar Hibee
21-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Aye but IIRC he also said the "many other teams would love to be where Hibs are right now"! :agree:

Now in terms of being 5th in the SPL and in a SC quarter final replay away from home against a First Division team that may well be the case! :agree:

However, in terms of playing as we have been for a number of weeks now (seriously badly IMO), I very much doubt there is much envy from other teams right now about that! :wink:

If we can't defend well and dominate the midfield then we will lose more than we win to (reversely) quote one of our previous managers! :wink:

I agree fully with this post TH, and I don't agree with you on much.:greengrin