PDA

View Full Version : Hogg

cwilliamson85
20-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Get him back in the team! Back 4 was a shambles today.

down-the-slope
20-03-2010, 02:37 PM
i'm sure he will when injury clears up

euro Hibby
20-03-2010, 02:38 PM
maka need to be brought back !

Hakim Sar
20-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Aw wait a minute! now hibs.net wants him back? after a week of slagging him off?

should be ashamed of yourself .net

Ashamed

Franck is God
20-03-2010, 02:49 PM
hopefully todays performance will show a few that Hogg is a good centre half and a good captain and we missed him a lot.

Another player we missed hugely is Colin Nish, we missed him defending set pieces and having someone up front to battle for possession and link the play.

Two very under-rated players in my opinion and both would start every game for me if fit.

basehibby
20-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Aw wait a minute! now hibs.net wants him back? after a week of slagging him off?

should be ashamed of yourself .net

Ashamed

:faf: ONE poster thinks Maka is the answer - and I'm not so sure he's not got tongue firmly wedged in cheek.

Hogg was dreadful against Ross County IMO and deserved to be dropped. Not so sure about Hanlon though.

Stevenson did OK on the deck today but he's a midget and that's the last thing we needed in defence today against the hoofballers. Other than that I was fairly happy with the set up today - small things like that can make all the difference though

Beefster
20-03-2010, 02:53 PM
hopefully todays performance will show a few that Hogg is a good centre half and a good captain and we missed him a lot.

Another player we missed hugely is Colin Nish, we missed him defending set pieces and having someone up front to battle for possession and link the play.

Two very under-rated players in my opinion and both would start every game for me if fit.

It's easy to say that a missing player would have made a huge difference but the reality is that it's unlikely that Hogg would have. It's not like we're suddenly water-tight when Hogg's on the park.

basehibby
20-03-2010, 02:55 PM

You have a point about Nish's qualities re defending in his own box - but there's a balance to be struck between his physical presence and the football he brings to the side - he's not been on form recently for me so I'm not arguing with his ommission from the starting line up. Was he on the bench today???

SalfordHibs
20-03-2010, 02:57 PM

You have taken that too far :bitchy:

suavegav
20-03-2010, 03:01 PM

He was injured today, or thats what they saud on the tele. Or why was hanlon not played in centre defense and keep Murray at left back where hes been playin great all season. strange team selection.

cwilliamson85
20-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Sorry iPod ran out of battery before I could finish message. If hogg is injured whybshould Bamba walk back into the team when hanlon done a great in january? When did a player get to big for a club? Ie bamba, no matter how many errors he makes in 90mins he still gets picked

Franck is God
20-03-2010, 03:07 PM

Why, have we actually won a game this season without him?

I am genuinely asking, how many of our goals this season have been scored while he's been on the pitch? He tends to be involved in most of the goals we score whether as a direct assist or a major part in the build up.

He is not the greatest striker but we are better when he is on the pitch just like our defence is better when Hogg is playing.

Judas Iscariot
20-03-2010, 04:23 PM

We missed Nish 10000000000 times more than we missed Hogg

Mikey
20-03-2010, 04:32 PM
He was injured today, or thats what they saud on the tele. Or why was hanlon not played in centre defense and keep Murray at left back where hes been playin great all season. strange team selection.

Hanlon had a fitness test this morning. Maybe he just scraped through it.

Judas Iscariot
20-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Hanlon had a fitness test this morning. Maybe he just scraped through it.

If he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to start :agree:

SneakersO'Toole
20-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Dropping Hogg today was the right decision in my opinion.

Today had nothing to do with individual errors. Today was about a sheer lack of teamwork and downright worth ethic. Hearts wanted it more than Hibs, therefore they pressed us more which led to us making more mistakes and Hearts capitalising.

silverhibee
20-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Dropping Hogg today was the right decision in my opinion.

Today had nothing to do with individual errors. Today was about a sheer lack of teamwork and downright worth ethic. Hearts wanted it more than Hibs, therefore they pressed us more which led to us making more mistakes and Hearts capitalising.

Hogg was injured for today.

vahibbie
20-03-2010, 05:10 PM
:faf: ONE poster thinks Maka is the answer - and I'm not so sure he's not got tongue firmly wedged in cheek.

Hogg was dreadful against Ross County IMO and deserved to be dropped. Not so sure about Hanlon though.

Stevenson did OK on the deck today but he's a midget and that's the last thing we needed in defence today against the hoofballers. Other than that I was fairly happy with the set up today - small things like that can make all the difference though

Unfortunately something we were just as guilty of, if not more. Plus their "hoofball" was better than ours:bitchy:

SneakersO'Toole
20-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Hogg was injured for today.

Fair enough.

We could have had a centre half pairing of Baresi and Moore and we still would have beaten today.

Expecting Rain
20-03-2010, 05:25 PM
If it is the perception that we are missing Hogg and Nish then i`m a worried man, their absence had no bearing on the game whatsoever, a lack of passion and desire was evidently the crucial factor and normally is in a derby where there is very little between the two teams, they were as bad as us until Stack kindly gave them a goal start, he wasn`t too clever at the second either, or for that matter anything that came near the 6 yard box, he surpassed himself by ironically coming miles off his line and almost conceding a shambolic third, the shape of the Hibs team has been non existent for at least a couple of months, there has been much debate about systems and formations but they are in themselves useless if the players lack commitment or intelligence.

Sloppy
20-03-2010, 07:06 PM
heard that him and yogi had a scrap during the week :confused:

since90plustwo
20-03-2010, 11:15 PM
are you being serious, smith and brown would come before him,

i dont rate hogg at all, he gives his all but is very mistake prone, i would rather see bamba annd hanlon in there

Toaods
21-03-2010, 12:23 AM
heard that him and yogi had a scrap during the week :confused:

heard you just made that up :wink:

Greenblood70
21-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Hogg was dropped today (thank ****). He was not injured despite the official line.

davym7062
21-03-2010, 01:31 AM
We missed Nish 10000000000 times more than we missed Hogg

we missed zemmama 10000000000000000000000000000000 times more than nish imo

Aldo
21-03-2010, 08:29 AM
I for one am glad Hogg didnt play today to show how bad Bamba isB and it is not always Hogg's fault.

Bamba was posted missing time and time again.

Brown
Wotherspoon Hogg Hanlon Murray

would my back four against RC

o and for what is worth I would play Bamba in the middle of the park.

Hamish
21-03-2010, 09:02 AM

Fast forward to 21.35 on 23/3/10

'How does Hogg get a game:grr:'

lyonhibs
21-03-2010, 09:13 AM

You've taken that far, far, far too far there.

Smith needs to be brought back in, and Stevenson needs to never, ever play left back ever, ever again.