PDA

View Full Version : Season's over folks

Mag7
20-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Sorry to say it but today marked the end of our season. We made a very limited Hearts team look like world beaters and things are just going to get worse on that evidence. Defeatist I may be, but who honestly thinks we have a prayer on Tuesday night? All the confidence I had in Yogi has evaporated and sadly I think we just have to put the first few months of the season down to being a fluke.

Cup exit on the way and a sixth place finish looking likely.

Kneejerk? Nope, just realistic.

KeithTheHibby
20-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Sorry to say it but today marked the end of our season. We made a very limited Hearts team look like world beaters and things are just going to get worse on that evidence. Defeatist I may be, but who honestly thinks we have a prayer on Tuesday night? All the confidence I had in Yogi has evaporated and sadly I think we just have to put the first few months of the season down to being a fluke.

Aye, complete and utter, season over my arse.

(((Fergus)))
20-03-2010, 01:33 PM

see you next season then

Viva_Palmeiras
20-03-2010, 01:33 PM
:violin: :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
20-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Obviously kept away from tall buildings, sharp instruments & pills during the Miller, Blobby & Mixu eras :wink:

Big Frank
20-03-2010, 01:36 PM

Dry yer eyes:dummytit::dummytit:

fife hfc
20-03-2010, 01:41 PM

I actually agree with you. this team has no fight whatsoever and are heading backwards, we will struggle to win another game this season if the players are not prepared to work, fight and more importantly show character which they severly lack.

hibeemikey21
20-03-2010, 01:43 PM

I expect threads of this ilk on mass if we lose on Tuesday, however, if we win the cup and finish 6th, I will be delighted with that! It ain't over till it's over!

Booked4Being-Ugly
20-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Yes we've been gash lately but it's a bit premature for the suicide watch is it no? :bitchy:

jakki
20-03-2010, 01:50 PM
The season is no over until the fat lady sings,and I'm no ready to sing yet:greengrin

bobbyhibs1983
20-03-2010, 01:50 PM
I expect threads of this ilk on mass if we lose on Tuesday, however, if we win the cup and finish 6th, I will be delighted with that! It ain't over till it's over!

nicely said,:top marks

If we play like this on tuesday, i think we should save everyones times and money and effort just forfeit the match.

I think everyones feeling let down today, not because we got beat, well it has helped, but there was a lack of passion and fight and effort from the players today.

Malthibby
20-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Yup. No suicide watch until we see what Dingwall brings. We can still win the SC & that would make up for all this pash & then some.
Won't admittedly happen unless we start playing football, of course. I detest losing to the Jumbos, but Tuesday is more important. Lose that & the new stand's foundations might have more use than the stand.
In Yogi we're losing trust.
Gies it back.
GG

CallumLaidlaw
20-03-2010, 02:03 PM

get a grip!!
Still in for 3rd, still in the cup

basehibby
20-03-2010, 02:05 PM

You're never slow to put yourself forward as .net's premier Harbinger of Doom Mags - I can understand your sceptisism after enduring that pish though - made to look like schoolboys at set pieces at times!

My head's not down that much yet though - we're still in the cup and contrary to what you're saying I think we've every chance of pushing through to the semis. If we're out on Tue though I'll join you in the queue to jump off the nearest cliff :boo hoo:

zlatan
20-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Time to turn it around yet, looking increasingly unlikely that's gonna happen though.

Ross County are 15/4 to win on Tuesday...

Seep
20-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Wouldn't say over.

Swedish hibee
20-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Get yer heid up man!
We're all absolutely gutted today, but Tuesday's game is the big one.

We have been through much worse than this :bitchy:

SneakersO'Toole
20-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Season over - slight exageration personally.

However, the OP has a point. Nothing comes for free and taking account the work ethic and teamwork of the Hibs team over the last few weeks, I'd be surprised if we achieve what many were touting prior to Xmas

The manager takes accountability for this. Absolutely.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2010, 05:54 PM
The seasons over, great news. It was over in January last season, and its now march 20th. Proof progress is being made.:thumbsup:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
20-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Do you ever post anything that is positivde about Hibs or Scotland ? Why is our season ever when we are 5th in the league and are still in the scottish cup cup ? We deservedly got beat today but are still ther making improvements on last year. I am not happy with our recent games but the season is not over only harder !!!!!

King Paddy
20-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Spot on mate we were garbage.

bubblesmorrison
20-03-2010, 06:44 PM
haha so many people just giving up see if we ever go to war with hibs remind me to leave most of you lot at home quiters

fife hfc
20-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Why are people having a go at the OP the way the team is playing and their desire to change things certainly make it look like the season is over. This is not a knee jerk reaction to todays game but the last few. No fight, effort or character shown by these players in games like today and the SCQF indicate they do not have it in them. i to hell hope I'm wrong and this time next week we are in the SCSF and just beaten falkirk but I cannae see it. It guts me to believe this but I can't see anyother scenario.

fife hfc
20-03-2010, 06:48 PM
haha so many people just giving up see if we ever go to war with hibs remind me to leave most of you lot at home quiters

It looks like the players have as well, sad to say.

hibbydog
20-03-2010, 06:48 PM
No it's not over but I dont think we'll turn it round because we dont have the leaders.

Riordan?
Miller?
Murray?

Dont think so. Cant see any of the current team sticking their head above the parapet.

6th place finish and cup exit on the cards. Prove me wrong Hibs.:grr:

Leithenhibby
20-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Doomed I tell you, doomed..what a load of tosh..:faf:

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/EN/betting/t/289/Scottish-FA-Cup.html

bubblesmorrison
20-03-2010, 06:52 PM
mmmm i wonder how much the result today will affect the number of people going to ross county on tuseday? i will be there ive supported hibs in much worse times than now cmon the hibees

Carheenlea
20-03-2010, 06:54 PM
I`ll wait till after Tuesday to decide if seasons over, and as much as I wish I could argue a case against the OP, he could well be correct.

I just hope the players accept that Tuesday night is a game that they simply can`t afford to lose.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
20-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Why are people having a go at the OP the way the team is playing and their desire to change things certainly make it look like the season is over. This is not a knee jerk reaction to todays game but the last few. No fight, effort or character shown by these players in games like today and the SCQF indicate they do not have it in them. i to hell hope I'm wrong and this time next week we are in the SCSF and just beaten falkirk but I cannae see it. It guts me to believe this but I can't see anyother scenario.
If its not a "knee jerk" reaction why is your thinking over a few weeks and not the season so far ?

scoopyboy
20-03-2010, 06:56 PM
mmmm i wonder how much the result today will affect the number of people going to ross county on tuseday? i will be there ive supported hibs in much worse times than now cmon the hibees

I don't think it will affect the number much to be honest.

Die hards will go irrespective and I'm looking forward to it already.

Leithenhibby
20-03-2010, 06:57 PM
I`ll wait till after Tuesday to decide if seasons over, and as much as I wish I could argue a case against the OP, he could well be correct.
I just hope the players accept that Tuesday night is a game that they simply can`t afford to lose.

Or he could be talking oot a hole in his heid..:wink: Still think that this is nothing new, it's the Hibs way :agree: always has, always will be..

ronaldo7
20-03-2010, 07:01 PM

Aye, started by Mag7 or his pal Alicky skanks:bitchy:

brythehibby
20-03-2010, 07:04 PM

Rubbish. Perfomances have been rank granted. But I believe we'll still do ok in the league. Why do we try and support the team instead of being negative. Give criticism when due yes, but slating players before they kick a ball in a game isn't doing anyone any good. Hughes needs to getthe best 11 playing every week and we'll see improvement on the park IMO.

hibbymac
20-03-2010, 07:06 PM

:faf:

Judas Iscariot
20-03-2010, 07:07 PM

To be fair, I dinnae think we could win a raffle even if we bought all the tickets!!

Greenblood70
20-03-2010, 07:09 PM
The players and management seem to be waving the white flag if the last few weeks are anything to go by.

Totally understand the sentiments of the OP even if I naively hope it's not the case.

Oh and Yogi..do us a favour and stop banging on about being a Hibby eh, anyone who knows you from your younger days in Leith knows you followed the lesser greens.

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Time to turn it around yet, looking increasingly unlikely that's gonna happen though.

Ross County are 15/4 to win on Tuesday...

Free money. Hibs, SC, midweek, Dingwall, recent form. Do the bookies know anything about sport?

Mag7
21-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I've seen nothing in any of the replies to this thread to persuade me that I'm OTT with my view.

Where, tell me, has the evidence been over the last six weeks or so that we have what it take to arrest this slide? I've seen next to nothing from this team or the manager of late to convince me they are going to turn things around any time soon.

I'll be as happy as anyone to be proved wrong and will gladly hold my hands up and admit I was an overly pessimistic miserable bugger, but can anyone honestly say they're still confident about this season?

johnrebus
21-03-2010, 02:54 PM

Aye, yer right. Lets just all roll over and die.

Better still, perhaps admin could organise a mass suicide jump off Arthurs Seat?

This is Hibs wer'e talkin aboot, ye should be used tae it by now!

Lighten up man !

:wink:

Vince White
21-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Aye, yer right. Lets just all roll over and die.

Better still, perhaps admin could organise a mass suicide jump off Arthurs Seat?

This is Hibs wer'e talkin aboot, ye should be used tae it by now!

Lighten up man !

:wink:

IMHO far too many fans use 'ach it's Hibs' as a kind of catch-all way of coping with yet another letdown. Please tell me why we should just get used to it? Surely we should expect far better than what we're getting served up just now? If we all just get used to being let down what reason do the players have to improve? If that's the attitude of most fans then I think it's fair to say the season is as good as over.

jakki
21-03-2010, 03:30 PM
You say that our season is finished, I say no we're no. Scottish Cup still up there(tho no mainy years for me to see it) and Europe within reach.

Mon the Hibees:thumbsup:

fife hfc
21-03-2010, 03:30 PM
The players and management seem to be waving the white flag if the last few weeks are anything to go by.
Totally understand the sentiments of the OP even if I naively hope it's not the case.

Oh and Yogi..do us a favour and stop banging on about being a Hibby eh, anyone who knows you from your younger days in Leith knows you followed the lesser greens.

This why I believe (and it hurts to believe it) that our season is just going to fizzle out. I hope to hell I'm wrong and we beat county and somebody brings this thread back to point out how wrong I was. however the players seem to have given up and I can't see how this can be changed.

IWasThere2016
21-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Season over - slight exageration personally.

However, the OP has a point. Nothing comes for free and taking account the work ethic and teamwork of the Hibs team over the last few weeks, I'd be surprised if we achieve what many were touting prior to Xmas

The manager takes accountability for this. Absolutely.

I agree 100% - especially with the first and last bits. It is too early but I cannot understand the optimism of some.

johnrebus
21-03-2010, 03:31 PM
IMHO far too many fans use 'ach it's Hibs' as a kind of catch-all way of coping with yet another letdown. Please tell me why we should just get used to it? Surely we should expect far better than what we're getting served up just now? If we all just get used to being let down what reason do the players have to improve? If that's the attitude of most fans then I think it's fair to say the season is as good as over.

So what exactly do you expect?

Why should we ' expect' far better?

Until Hibernian FC can compete with the Old Firm on wages, we will never have a side that can compete right at the very top of Scottish Football. You get what you pay for and sooner or later things will go wrong.

Why would a player turn out for £2k a week at ER if he can cop £8k in the Championship, or at Ibrox or Darkheid. And why would he put everything into improving at this club with the vitriol that is likely rain down on his head at the slightest mistake?

Yes, we are playing badly at the moment, but is not unexpected and it is not the end of the world. If we can get through at Dingwall and start picking up points in the league again soon, the discussions such as this will be quickly forgotten.

:cool2:

Mag7
21-03-2010, 03:34 PM
This why I believe (and it hurts to believe it) that our season is just going to fizzle out. I hope to hell I'm wrong and we beat county and somebody brings this thread back to point out how wrong I was. however the players seem to have given up and I can't see how this can be changed.

I'll be the first to bring this thread back to point out how wrong I was if we beat County. I'll be surprised (tho delighted) if I need to however.

Hibby 2005
21-03-2010, 03:49 PM
We should beat County but I fear it would just be papering over the cracks as unless there's a massive improvement Celtic will pump us in the SF.
Dundee Utd are the better team at the moment too so I doubt we'll get much more than a point from that one.
Yogi has blown it big time with his big-headed refusal to see what's gone wrong in recent games.

KWJ
21-03-2010, 03:56 PM
We lost our first league game in 3. 4 points from 9 for the rest of the season would probably still get us 3rd.

Alex Trager
21-03-2010, 03:58 PM

Can't you remember we beat them twice last season and they finished third, your a nutcase mate

Vince White
21-03-2010, 03:59 PM

Until Hibernian FC can compete with the Old Firm on wages, we will never have a side that can compete right at the very top of Scottish Football. You get what you pay for and sooner or later things will go wrong.

Why would a player turn out for £2k a week at ER if he can cop £8k in the Championship, or at Ibrox or Darkheid. And why would he put everything into improving at this club with the vitriol that is likely rain down on his head at the slightest mistake?

Yes, we are playing badly at the moment, but is not unexpected and it is not the end of the world. If we can get through at Dingwall and start picking up points in the league again soon, the discussions such as this will be quickly forgotten.

:cool2:

I'm not talking about competing at the top, I'm just saying we shouldn't just accept the team showing such a lack of appetite for the fight at present. That to me IS unexpected, no matter what they're being paid. No excuse for that in my book, especially in a derby. I expect to see Hibs play like they're interested in winning. Is that so unreasonable?

SloopJB
21-03-2010, 04:02 PM

Will ST holders get a refund?

Kojock
21-03-2010, 04:37 PM
I know a song about that.

Theres no point in going,
Theres no point in going,
The seasons over now,
So just stay at home.

IWasThere2016
21-03-2010, 04:48 PM
We lost our first league game in 3. 4 points from 9 for the rest of the season would probably still get us 3rd.

That makes no sense to me whatsoever!?!

Golden Bear
21-03-2010, 04:50 PM
The supposed lack of passion and will to win is only half the story I'm afraid.

We have too many players with limited ability and the lack of pace throughout the team is a real concern. Oh how I wish we could re-sign Ivan Sproule!

Golden Bear
21-03-2010, 04:52 PM
That makes no sense to me whatsoever!?!

I think he means 4 points from every group of 3 games. But maybe not.

:confused:

BEEJ
21-03-2010, 05:07 PM

None of that explains why once again this season we have failed to press in to consolidate our 3rd place SPL ambitions with a solid series of league performances from January onwards.

The OF is not the relevant benchmark.

noseyhibby
21-03-2010, 07:24 PM

I agree:agree:

Vince White
22-03-2010, 10:33 AM
You say that our season is finished, I say no we're no. Scottish Cup still up there(tho no mainy years for me to see it) and Europe within reach.

Mon the Hibees:thumbsup:

I admire your optimism but are either of these things really 'in reach'? The only reason we are still, on paper, in the hunt for third is because of the points we racked up earlier in the season. In reality United and Motherwell look much more likely to finish 3rd and 4th with us left hoping we can scramble enough points to hold on to 5th.

As for the cup, while a win tomorrow would give us a much-needed morale boost, can you really see us beating Celtic in the semi?

ahibby
22-03-2010, 10:37 AM
We're doomed, doomed I tell yi.:blah:

The_Todd
22-03-2010, 06:04 PM
I think Hibs.net should be made read-only after derby defeats to allow all concerned to gather their thoughts before posting.

The season is not over. We still have a cup replay to play and despite all our league setbacks, we can be third again by the weekend. Dundee United are so good and out of our league that they've managed to not pull away from us at all.

Season over? Pur-lease.

Vince White
23-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Looks like the OP was spot on. I don't think we'll see so many disagreeing now.

Oh, no, wait a minute, I forgot. We're still in there fighting for third place aren't we? Lots still to play for. Hooray!

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
23-03-2010, 10:40 PM
The way I see it we're fighting to stay in the top six and keep Hertz at bay. Forget getting past United and M'Well. They are better sides by some distance.

marinello59
23-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Looks like the OP was spot on. I don't think we'll see so many disagreeing now.

Oh, no, wait a minute, I forgot. We're still in there fighting for third place aren't we? Lots still to play for. Hooray!

Why revive this? Tonights defeat means the ground shifted for everybody. To try and make those Hibs fans who harboured some optimism prior to tonight look bad is hardly helpful when each and every one of us is hurting is it?

Sergey
23-03-2010, 10:43 PM
The way I see it we're fighting to stay in the top six and keep Hertz at bay. Forget getting past United and M'Well. They are better sides by some distance.

What tosh.

If Dundee Utd were to draw at the weekend with Motherwell, and we beat Falkirk and Utd on Tues eve, then we'd again be 3 points clear in 3rd.

Vince White
23-03-2010, 10:46 PM
What tosh.

If Dundee Utd were to draw at the weekend with Motherwell, and we beat Falkirk and Utd on Tues eve, then we'd again be 3 points clear in 3rd.

Yup, that'll happen.

Vince White
23-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Why revive this? Tonights defeat means the ground shifted for everybody. To try and make those Hibs fans who harboured some optimism prior to tonight look bad is hardly helpful when each and every one of us is hurting is it?

I'm not trying to make any Hibs fan look bad. I hoped as much as anyone that we could win tonight, but did I really think we would? No, I was pretty sure we'd lose and couldn't see what anyone was basing their optimism on other than blind faith.

As I said earlier though, it's not really such a big deal. There will be no protests outside Easter Road tomorrow, just a lot of rather sad Hibs fans going about their daily lives. Until the players feel there's some sort of pressure on them to win games like that we will all continue to suffer regular doses of disappointment. But hey ho, I guess I should just get used to it because that's Hibs for you (as many on here would advise me).

marinello59
23-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm not trying to make any Hibs fan look bad. I hoped as much as anyone that we could win tonight, but did I really think we would? No, I was pretty sure we'd lose and couldn't see what anyone was basing their optimism on other than blind faith.

As I said earlier though, it's not really such a big deal. There will be no protests outside Easter Road tomorrow, just a lot of rather sad Hibs fans going about their daily lives. Until the players feel there's some sort of pressure on them to win games like that we will all continue to suffer regular doses of disappointment. But hey ho, I guess I should just get used to it because that's Hibs for you (as many on here would advise me).

You and Mag7 agree though.:wink:

sambajustice
25-08-2010, 12:55 PM
0-3 at home???

Season is DEFINITELY over!

iwasthere1972
25-08-2010, 01:11 PM
0-3 at home???

Can I nominate this for "Silly Post of the Day"?

Thanks

.Sean.
25-08-2010, 04:13 PM
0-3 at home???

Why bring this back up? :confused:

What a ridiculous post.

Ryan91
25-08-2010, 07:20 PM
0-3 at home???

Hardly, the Ref and Injuries did us in, plus had De Graaf scored chances are we would have won that game.

Ed De Gramo
25-08-2010, 07:22 PM
0-3 at home???

ehhhhhhhhh?

calamitus
25-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Random.

Hibercelona
25-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I think his posts a joke.

bawheid