PDA

View Full Version : Better Team Won

down-the-slope
20-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Smple fact that the better team won...:boo hoo:

They were first in the tackle, first to second balls, played at pace, got it forward quickly negating our midfield, and supported thrir forwards when they won the ball.

Also we had another series of keepers mares, as well as losing composure - that was looking good - after their first goal

BEEJ
20-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Lost count of the number of derby encounters where Hibs performance could be summed up in this way.

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Tactically out thought.

Big Frank
20-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Yip, the better team on the day won.

Next.....

hibiedude
20-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Better team won no question but it hurts all the same

Dalkeith
20-03-2010, 02:45 PM
one team wanted to win other gave well less than 100% not good enough from the top downwords

basehibby
20-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Hearts deserved their win - but we gifted it to them with our non-defending of set pieces.
We were playing ok in possession up to when they took the lead and then just went from bad to worse in defence and could have been on the end of a real hiding on another day.
We came back into it towards the end but too little too late.

Alfred E Newman
20-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Tactically out thought.

add, on a weekly basis.

Del Boy
20-03-2010, 02:50 PM
better team won, 2-1 flattered us.

Houchy
20-03-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't think the better team won... certainly the hungrier team, yes.

We were playing the better football until they scored then it just went tits up.

It was like all our confidence went when they scored then they hit us a couple of minutes later, our heads went down and it was game over as far as we were concerned but party time for the yams who won every 2nd ball and every 50-50.

When we got Yogi, I genuinely thought "yes, we'll never get out fought in a Derby ever again as he'll have the players right up for every one of them" but I don't think we've turned up in a derby since he's been manager.:bitchy:

matty_f
20-03-2010, 03:38 PM

We were playing the better football until they scored then it just went tits up.

It was like all our confidence went when they scored then they hit us a couple of minutes later, our heads went down and it was game over as far as we were concerned but party time for the yams who won every 2nd ball and every 50-50.

When we got Yogi, I genuinely thought "yes, we'll never get out fought in a Derby ever again as he'll have the players right up for every one of them" but I don't think we've turned up in a derby since he's been manager.:bitchy:

The team were certainly harder to beat in derbies when Mixu was in charge, and that was with some far inferior players.

Broken Gnome
20-03-2010, 03:39 PM

That might be barely excusable for the remainder of the first half, but after the break Hearts could easily have been five or six-nil up by the time we bothered our @rses. Let's not kid ourselves with the 'Hearts are gash' nonsense; Hibs haven't performed outwith small periods of the three games this season, probably haven't merited any more than a draw in any of them and certainly didn't today.

A neutral watching on Sky today would never ever suspect we could claim to being a better football team. Pathetic.

seanraff07
20-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Hearts were up for it and we weren't, it's as simple as that IMO.

Alfred E Newman
20-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Hearts were up for it and we weren't, it's as simple as that IMO.

well if that is the case , they should sack the lot.