PDA

View Full Version : You dont know what you're doing

crash
20-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Great guy but I'm afraid tactically there is nothing between the ears. Keep hearing people say this is a work in progress, nine months on there has been no progress. Petrie has given Hughes his backing so he will have a difficult decision at the end of the season.

JE89
20-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Great guy but I'm afraid tactically there is nothing between the ears. Keep hearing people say this is a work in progress, nine months on there has been no progress. Petrie has given Hughes his backing so he will have a difficult decision at the end of the season.

What decision is that? If you're suggesting sacking him then first think of a possible replacement. Once you've realised there is nobody else go for a sleep, come back on in a while.

Beefster
20-03-2010, 01:16 PM
What decision is that? If you're suggesting sacking him then first think of a possible replacement. Once you've realised there is nobody else go for a sleep, come back on in a while.

I don't think we should be sacking Hughes but to say that there aren't any possible replacements is nonsense.

SRHibs
20-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Yogi's got an eye for a player, he is tactically inept though imo.

Also, all this ***** about having players who "wear their hearts on their sleeves" does my nut in. Didn't see any of that today and haven't for the past while.

Oscar Lomax
20-03-2010, 01:25 PM

Agree....
We all know he is a big hibs fan but he has limited knowledge on how to set out a team. The defence was shambolic and the midfield non-existant. What has happened to Liam Miller? He looked good when he first came but now looks a very ordinary player who was lucky to touch the ball 6 times today. Im also sick of listening to people bumming up Bamba. He is a joke. He jumps 6 feet in the air and nine times out of ten completely misses the ball. His control and passing is awful. Ian Murray also looked very uncomfortable today. Hibs only looked a bit dangerous when Benji came on. Stokes twice tried to explain to Hughes that he couldnt do it on his own but Hughes just looked bemused and told him to get on with it. Afraid to say Hibs were beaten by a better team today and the score line flatters them. Really dissapointed by this showing.

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2010, 01:27 PM

Well the stand is getting built. Have you heard about that?

cabbage07
20-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Well the stand is getting built. Have you heard about that?

Yip and so many said we would fill the staduim regardless the team :confused:

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Yip and so many said we would fill the staduim regardless the team :confused:

I think they've booked the Rolling Stones. :greengrin

Hin10
20-03-2010, 01:32 PM
What absolute *****, there is no passion or fight in this team. It's down to individuals with egos they will never be able to cash in. Quicker he punts them the better!

euro Hibby
20-03-2010, 01:35 PM
quick to turn on the manager and quick to turn on the players. Fact was that they probably over performed for most of the season and we got lucky sometimes.

Big Frank
20-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Great guy but I'm afraid tactically there is nothing between the ears. Keep hearing people say this is a work in progress, nine months on there has been no progress. Petrie has given Hughes his bacon at king so he will have a difficult decision at the end of the season.

Nae progress since Hughes signed for Hibernian. Cmon:rolleyes:

We were right behind him in the good times, this is the bad times.......

Vini1875
20-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Yogi will come good I have no doubt but he has a huge job on his hands trying to get these players to fight tooth and nail for every scrap.

We have improved hugely since Mixu, I think a lot of people have very short memories.

noz
20-03-2010, 02:55 PM
.... wasnt happy we we took him on, never thought he was bright enough. Hope Im proved wrong!

Weve played all season without real full backs, and our midfield is too small/weak.

budboy38
20-03-2010, 03:22 PM
yeh lets sack the manager, get a grip !! that seems to be the mentality of football fans over the country now....the players need to take responsibilty to,too many players with egos i,m afraid.Punt miller for a start,big time charlie if i ever saw one.

rubber mal
20-03-2010, 03:56 PM

Aye, right enough.:rolleyes:

EasterRoad4Ever
20-03-2010, 04:30 PM
yeh lets sack the manager, get a grip !! that seems to be the mentality of football fans over the country now....the players need to take responsibilty to,too many players with egos i,m afraid.Punt miller for a start,big time charlie if i ever saw one.

Losing to that shambles of a Hearts team should be a sackable offence, but agree Hughes needs to be given time and backing to get it right. As someone else said, he has an eye for a player, but appears to have little clue on tactics/formations.

What has happened to Miller ? A shadow of the player we had a few months ago. McBride was dreadful too.

Black Kyle
20-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Yogi is the man for the job. However if some of us pundits / would be managers / armchair fans can actually see the tactical and structural part of his team selections ain't been working for a while, then how can't he?

Too many changes again today, unless there are injuries we dont know about?

Having said that I'd have Smith back in goal pronto given Stack's failure to command his six yard box.

I don't go to the PBS on a point of principle (not one penny since the Mercer days) but today we could have got our ***** kicked by 4 or 5 had they taken their chances in the second half and after they went two up in the first. Two on target from us in 90 minutes would normally win any game.

seanraff07
20-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Not sure if it's just me but over the last couple of months i've been noticing that Yogi appears to be a bit clueless as to how to change a hame when we go behind, he always makes changes too late, and makes too many changes between matches. Just try and stick with the same back 4 for a couple of games cause i can't remember the last time he tried doing that.:rolleyes:

CallumHibs07
20-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I wasn't happy when we signed him either, I knew he wasn't the right choice, and it's beginning to show.

We have improved since Hughes came in, but not since September/November time when we were playing really well.

Steve-O
20-03-2010, 08:33 PM

This argument could have been a copy and paste from debates on here regarding Bobby Williamson.

So, try and remember what happened that time, go for a sleep, and come back on in a while and tell us...

FranckSuzy
20-03-2010, 09:11 PM
What is going on though? Not so long ago the likes of Miller and McBride were getting all the plaudits, Yogi was taking all the plaudits, Ant and Deeks were scoring for fun and then what? Yogi having a go at players on the pitch, players shouting back at Yogi, Yogi unable or unwilling to change things, no service to the strikers, even the 'safe' goalie has a 'mare :confused: Has Yogi lost the dressing room? Ant and Deek having a go at him today by the look of it too and I hate to say it, albeit from TV pictures, it looked like he was just standing there, watching it all unfold, aka Sauzee at the Ayr semi, not knowing how or being willing to change it. :boo hoo:He knows what the derby means to us, he's played in them and FFS, he IS one of us and yet we still didn't look up for it. There's something going wrong down ER I fear.

All in IMHO of course before I get pelters.

Greenblood70
20-03-2010, 10:28 PM

:top marks Yogi must be thanking his lucky stars he's been allowed to sign the quality of player he has. For me the team shape is just as bad as it was under Mixu and we've never gelled as a team. We play terrible football and its just as ***** to watch as Mixu's team was...we've had some shocking performances as well.

Speedway
20-03-2010, 10:30 PM
We need to pay attention to what the manager is saying.

Hughes knew this was coming, he just thought it was going to arrive earlier than it did.

JE89
21-03-2010, 12:24 AM
I don't think we should be sacking Hughes but to say that there aren't any possible replacements is nonsense.

At this moment in time I can't think of anybody who would do a better job than Yogi that we could attract to this club. Granted we've been pish of late but our season is by no means over. Desperately need a win in Dingwall and then go on from there.

JE89
21-03-2010, 12:26 AM
This argument could have been a copy and paste from debates on here regarding Bobby Williamson.

So, try and remember what happened that time, go for a sleep, and come back on in a while and tell us...

So Hughes should be given the bullet as there are many better candidates queing up outside ER desperate for an interview?

Hibster
21-03-2010, 12:38 AM
What is going on though? Not so long ago the likes of Miller and McBride were getting all the plaudits, Yogi was taking all the plaudits, Ant and Deeks were scoring for fun and then what? Yogi having a go at players on the pitch, players shouting back at Yogi, Yogi unable or unwilling to change things, no service to the strikers, even the 'safe' goalie has a 'mare :confused: Has Yogi lost the dressing room? Ant and Deek having a go at him today by the look of it too and I hate to say it, albeit from TV pictures, it looked like he was just standing there, watching it all unfold, aka Sauzee at the Ayr semi, not knowing how or being willing to change it. :boo hoo:He knows what the derby means to us, he's played in them and FFS, he IS one of us and yet we still didn't look up for it. There's something going wrong down ER I fear.

All in IMHO of course before I get pelters.

The way I see it - before we were getting lucky breaks, now we're not. Might sound overly simplistic but lets face it - we've been far from convincing all season, aside from one game at home to Motherwell a while ago I'm struggling to think of any games we've really dominated from start to finish. All thats really changed is that our luck in front of goal has finally run out, and teams are taking their chances against us.

We're not a bad team at all but our squad is of mid-table quality, and thats probably where we deserve to finish

IWasThere2016
21-03-2010, 01:01 AM
We have improved hugely since Mixu, I think a lot of people have very short memories.

The results are better - but I wouldn't say 'improved hugely'.

The quality of football isn't much better tbh - and its nowhere near good enough.

Yogi spouts less pish than Mixu and I heard him today say training was about playing properly and passing. So, WTF happens on a match day?

Steve-O
21-03-2010, 02:12 AM
So Hughes should be given the bullet as there are many better candidates queing up outside ER desperate for an interview?

Not what I said. However, history has shown that there IS potentially someone out there who could do a better job. Just because none of the usual handful of names appeal, doesn't mean there isn't anyone who could do better.

vahibbie
21-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Yogi was certainly out-managed by his good mate Fat Jim today.

If Jeffries, a Jambo, can get the players at his disposal to play like they wanted it why can't Yogi the Hibby....supposedly he has the better quality to work with:confused:

Disco Dave
21-03-2010, 04:42 AM

Nine months and no progress? You must be having a laugh.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
21-03-2010, 05:10 AM
I hope he has the brain to realise Bamba has to be moved into a sweeping/defensive MF role. Get Rankin to ****, and McBride to **** if he plays as gash as yesterday, and Stevenson! :grr:Bloody useless hobbits!!:grr: Start Benji, start Galbraith. Kick Stokes up the arse for being a greedy lazy barsteward. Get Zouma back in ASAP.

hibiedude
21-03-2010, 05:40 AM
There is clearly something wrong at Easter Road yogi mite have an eye for a player but its his tactics/formations that’s in question.

2 goals down and one up front tells us everything we need to know about our manager.

playing against a very poor Hearts team who should have scored 5-6 goals yesterday is simply not good enough.

Ross County cup reply next week who is confidant that we’ll win that because I’m not.

I love Hibs net because if you dare to have a different opinion from others you are either on medication or a trouble maker or and this is my favourite’ not a loyal Hibs fan.

Our club is in freefall and it seems Yogi doesn’t have what it takes to turn our season around because yesterdays tactics/formations after going two goals down was mind boggling.

emmjayfox
21-03-2010, 06:17 AM
There is clearly something wrong at Easter Road yogi mite have an eye for a player but its his tactics/formations that’s in question.

2 goals down and one up front tells us everything we need to know about our manager.

playing against a very poor Hearts team who should have scored 5-6 goals yesterday is simply not good enough.

Ross County cup reply next week who is confidant that we’ll win that because I’m not.

I love Hibs net because if you dare to have a different opinion from others you are either on medication or a trouble maker or and this is my favourite’ not a loyal Hibs fan.

Our club is in freefall and it seems Yogi doesn’t have what it takes to turn our season around because yesterdays tactics/formations after going two goals down was mind boggling.

It was not just yesterday, it seems every game of late his tactical awareness is non existant. It would seem like hes taking lessons from mixu in that department, and we all know what happened to him. As for this potent strike force we have, deary deary me, oh yes but i forgot, riordan is playing out of position.:rolleyes:

hibiedude
21-03-2010, 07:35 AM
It was not just yesterday, it seems every game of late his tactical awareness is non existant. It would seem like hes taking lessons from mixu in that department, and we all know what happened to him. As for this potent strike force we have, deary deary me, oh yes but i forgot, riordan is playing out of position.:rolleyes:

What tactical awareness he dosen't have any as for R01rdan the least I say about him the better because he's just one of many who are cheating the fans

BoltonHibee
21-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Yogi will come good I have no doubt but he has a huge job on his hands trying to get these players to fight tooth and nail for every scrap.

Don't see this myself

I see no improvement whatsoever

Hamish
21-03-2010, 07:43 AM

Hughes knew this was coming, he just thought it was going to arrive earlier than it did.

Speedway once again correct:agree:

gogsy23
21-03-2010, 07:46 AM
we dont have the creativity and pace currently to play a 451, its easy to play against 1 striker who is not getting good supply or support, we need a pat mcginlay type player box to box does the graft and weighs in with a few goals. Miller poor form currently but no one else seems to alble to help out. Its a team game ffs

sahib
21-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Yogi's got an eye for a player, he is tactically inept though imo.

Also, all this ***** about having players who "wear their hearts on their sleeves" does my nut in. Didn't see any of that today and haven't for the past while.

I am not so sure he has an eye for a player. Miller contacted him by all accounts. Stokes played for him before. Cregg never gets a game and McBride can be hit or miss. Only Wotherspoon has been included (perhaps on too many occasions) from the U19s. He seems to need a fist full of goalkeepers inorder to give himself a chance of picking a half decent one.
In short I am not convinced.

Hibercelona
21-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Hibs should never play a 4-5-1.

Its embarassing for a club like ours.

Yogi talks about showing passion and playing for the strip (especially in derbies).... Then he chooses to play with 1 man up front? :confused:

4-4-2 is the way forward Yogi.

Yeah, Hearts are mince. But I have to credit them for keeping their football simple. Unlike us who try to complicate things.

The players need to go back to the basics, because technical ability is nothing if you don't know the basics.

truehibernian
21-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Yogi=Mixu

No real improvment in my eyes. League position is okay, but false. Carried a fair share of luck at the start of the season with some dodgy pens and refereeing decisions. Michael Stewart, like him or loathe him, was 100% correct in his analysis of Hibs back at the start of the season. I don't buy into this "you make your own luck" lilian gish. The football the last 10 games has been woeful, the team bereft of guile, pace, drive and steel. There are no leaders (Mixu had Jones), there are too many passengers and moaners (Riordan, Stokes, Bamba), there is absolutely no midfield (very much like Mixu), and players are being played out of position and randomly. Settled side has now become a midweek tombola exercise it seems, with Chipper drawing names out a hat, supervised by Yogi. Cup run okay, but totally down to the good draw........even then, we toiled v Irvine Meadow, Montrose and Ross County. Each team that beats us, loads the midfield, plays tall, strong players, and closes down space. We get a throw in.......we take an age to get it back into play. Other teams take things sharp and quick, giving us no peace or time to settle. It's easy to beat Hibs I'm afraid, and we all see it. Stack lumps bye-kicks and kicks into Riordan or better still, straight through to the opposition keeper. The last good footballing side was under Collins, who knew the strength of having players pass and move, play with pace, and keep things moving quickly. We are laboured and powder puff. But it's fine..........we have four keepers, a new stand, and a fantastic training centre to wrap up our wee starlets in cotton wool, out the public eye, and away from the nasty supporters who boo them :boo hoo:Will still support them 100% though, purely because it's "aye been that way", and I love Hibernian. There really is no point getting too upset and downbeat about things at Hibs guys/girls. Football isn't rocket science, but some managers, Yogi included, make it so. Play players where they are best and where they are used to playing. Get players in who are right backs, not play slow centre halves and midfielders, and expect them to turn into one. Don't chop and change keepers. Don't have a midfield trio or quarter of midgets and hobbits. Have some width and pace. Have some grit and nastiness. If things are not working, make a change. Don't sit, stand and gossip with the opposition fans and smile/joke/laugh. Have your attention 100% focused on the game and what is happening on the pitch. And for those who say we need "characters" in the dressing room.......I ran that classic cliche by one of our ex managers who we all know and love and he said "characters are for soap operas son, a football team needs footballers, plain and simple.......if you want characters get yersel along to the Playhoose" :faf:

Expecting Rain
21-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Yogi=Mixu

No real improvment in my eyes. League position is okay, but false. Carried a fair share of luck at the start of the season with some dodgy pens and refereeing decisions. Michael Stewart, like him or loathe him, was 100% correct in his analysis of Hibs back at the start of the season. I don't buy into this "you make your own luck" lilian gish. The football the last 10 games has been woeful, the team bereft of guile, pace, drive and steel. There are no leaders (Mixu had Jones), there are too many passengers and moaners (Riordan, Stokes, Bamba), there is absolutely no midfield (very much like Mixu), and players are being played out of position and randomly. Settled side has now become a midweek tombola exercise it seems, with Chipper drawing names out a hat, supervised by Yogi. Cup run okay, but totally down to the good draw........even then, we toiled v Irvine Meadow, Montrose and Ross County. Each team that beats us, loads the midfield, plays tall, strong players, and closes down space. We get a throw in.......we take an age to get it back into play. Other teams take things sharp and quick, giving us no peace or time to settle. It's easy to beat Hibs I'm afraid, and we all see it. Stack lumps bye-kicks and kicks into Riordan or better still, straight through to the opposition keeper. The last good footballing side was under Collins, who knew the strength of having players pass and move, play with pace, and keep things moving quickly. We are laboured and powder puff. But it's fine..........we have four keepers, a new stand, and a fantastic training centre to wrap up our wee starlets in cotton wool, out the public eye, and away from the nasty supporters who boo them :boo hoo:Will still support them 100% though, purely because it's "aye been that way", and I love Hibernian. There really is no point getting too upset and downbeat about things at Hibs guys/girls. Football isn't rocket science, but some managers, Yogi included, make it so. Play players where they are best and where they are used to playing. Get players in who are right backs, not play slow centre halves and midfielders, and expect them to turn into one. Don't chop and change keepers. Don't have a midfield trio or quarter of midgets and hobbits. Have some width and pace. Have some grit and nastiness. If things are not working, make a change. Don't sit, stand and gossip with the opposition fans and smile/joke/laugh. Have your attention 100% focused on the game and what is happening on the pitch. And for those who say we need "characters" in the dressing room.......I ran that classic cliche by one of our ex managers who we all know and love and he said "characters are for soap operas son, a football team needs footballers, plain and simple.......if you want characters get yersel along to the Playhoose" :faf:

You make a lot of good points as usual but i disagree with the comments regarding John Collins, this is the guy who signed Makalamby,Joneleit,Donaldson,Kerr.Morais,Courier and O`Brien, who dropped Fletcher for Damon Gray and played McCann at centre half against Aberdeen.
Yogi so far has brought in McBride,Miller,Gow,Smith and Stokes, he has also blooded Wotherspoon, of course he`s making mistakes but we still have a lot to play for regardless of our current poor form. Every manager in the SPL has been hounded by his fans at one point or another this season, that is the nature of the game, unfortunately player power rules at the moment.

truehibernian
21-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks churchy. Collins may not have had the same eye for a player as Mixu/Yogi (who have bought/brought in well), but was he given the same money (who knows) ? The 2007 team had a wee bit of everything I am sure we would all agree. What Collins failed in (some don't see it as a failing on his part I may add), was man management and knowing when to take the foot of the gas training wise (the Spanish training week a prime example). Collins was used to working with real professionals, ones who did not go out on the sauce, and learned a lot about the best way to get the most from your body when he was at Monaco and Fulham (under Tigana). All he wanted to do was change the mindset of the typical Scottish player, and he wanted to do that at Hibs and be a bit of a pioneer I think. Typical of Scotland and Hibs though, the players won the battle. When I hear Yogi come out with this "I want a dressing room of characters" nonsense, to me it is no better than us saying "we need to get a few office jokers in here eh". Where is the "we are professional footballers here to train and work hard, not joke around and play at it" line ? I don't see many "office jokers" in the Man Utd team, the Chelsea team, the Arsenal team, etc, etc, etc. I do however see winners, those that want to get to the top of the game, and win at all costs, even if that means a red card, a tantrum, losing the plot at each other. We have 11 heads that drop when we go down, no one willing to grab games and players by the scruff and metaphorically beat the **** out them. We are also slow, unfit looking, laboured and tired. I put that down also to some of the players "social lives". Beer, nights out, and professional sport don't mix IMO.

Craig_in_Prague
21-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks churchy. Collins may not have had the same eye for a player as Mixu/Yogi (who have bought/brought in well), but was he given the same money (who knows) ? The 2007 team had a wee bit of everything I am sure we would all agree. What Collins failed in (some don't see it as a failing on his part I may add), was man management and knowing when to take the foot of the gas training wise (the Spanish training week a prime example). Collins was used to working with real professionals, ones who did not go out on the sauce, and learned a lot about the best way to get the most from your body when he was at Monaco and Fulham (under Tigana). All he wanted to do was change the mindset of the typical Scottish player, and he wanted to do that at Hibs and be a bit of a pioneer I think. Typical of Scotland and Hibs though, the players won the battle. When I hear Yogi come out with this "I want a dressing room of characters" nonsense, to me it is no better than us saying "we need to get a few office jokers in here eh". Where is the "we are professional footballers here to train and work hard, not joke around and play at it" line ? I don't see many "office jokers" in the Man Utd team, the Chelsea team, the Arsenal team, etc, etc, etc. I do however see winners, those that want to get to the top of the game, and win at all costs, even if that means a red card, a tantrum, losing the plot at each other. We have 11 heads that drop when we go down, no one willing to grab games and players by the scruff and metaphorically beat the **** out them. We are also slow, unfit looking, laboured and tired. I put that down also to some of the players "social lives". Beer, nights out, and professional sport don't mix IMO.

:agree:

very well said, again.... agree with your previous post too.

What is sad is that Collins had the team fitter, and he left us the day of the training centre being opened...... Since then we had Mixu and now Yogi.... whom both do not seem to have used the facilities to best use.

I hate reading "but lets give the other team credit, they worked hard and were organised" lines....WHY isn't his own team like that :grr:

Players need to take a big look at themselves, I know they are not blameless.... but Yogi is all talk. He keeps saying also that we're still in there 'fighting' .....Are we? I dont see any fight, and this season will be over before end of March, unless things change big time, starting on Tuesday.

His quotes on the main site are a joke....he honestly thinks we were the better team until they scored and were "causing them problems" .........deary dear.

mcfly
21-03-2010, 10:59 AM
the fault with yesterday lies solely with the manager.....he picks the team, motivates the team and they wernt up for it. they let the fans down again and all the fancy football before xmas will count for hee haw if yogi doesnt pick the correct team for tuesday.

where was miller, mcbride - posted missing.

people slag off stokes, what service did he get......nowt

ian murry said the fans were out of order for booing last week...well where was the reaction Ian. you and your teammates let us down again today. it was a gutless, spineless, pitiful performance.

now getting back to yogi, why alan gow, why mark brown.......waste of wages.

why no right back, why no dominant midfielderg

finally i couldnt understand the comments after the game we wernt the better team at all and liam miller had a shocker.

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Expecting Rain
21-03-2010, 11:24 AM

JC`s credentials as a manager will never be known and i don`t want to turn this thread into another debate about him, your argument regarding the culture here is 100% spot on and i don`t think it is going to change anytime soon, i`d like to think Yogi was looking at the bigger picture, and for me and it is arguable that the Scottish Cup takes preference over our bid to be 3rd, maybe our strongest eleven will take the pitch on tuesday, as i`ve posted on other threads i`m not entirely convinced but remain open minded as regards Yogi`s teure at ER, i still feel that it is early days even in our analysis of what has happened so far, the bit that irritates me most is the so called manager speak full of cliches and nonsense in general, Yogi has to mature quickly in this job or he`ll suffer the same fate as his predecessors, he won`t be helped much by some of those imposter's representing Hibs yesterday.

Expecting Rain
21-03-2010, 11:32 AM
the fault with yesterday lies solely with the manager.....he picks the team, motivates the team and they wernt up for it. they let the fans down again and all the fancy football before xmas will count for hee haw if yogi doesnt pick the correct team for tuesday.

where was miller, mcbride - posted missing.

people slag off stokes, what service did he get......nowt

ian murry said the fans were out of order for booing last week...well where was the reaction Ian. you and your teammates let us down again today. it was a gutless, spineless, pitiful performance.

now getting back to yogi, why alan gow, why mark brown.......waste of wages.

why no right back, why no dominant midfielderg

finally i couldnt understand the comments after the game we wernt the better team at all and liam miller had a shocker.

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

The players also have to take responsibility for competency in carrying out the basic requirements of being a professional footballer, controlling the ball, passing the ball, tackling and hitting the target instead of trying to blast the ball in from 25 yards plus.:agree:

JE89
21-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Not what I said. However, history has shown that there IS potentially someone out there who could do a better job. Just because none of the usual handful of names appeal, doesn't mean there isn't anyone who could do better.

Yes but that is a silly arguement. It is like saying there is someone out there who could do a better job at Man Utd than Fergie he is just a cleaner at Porty high school.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Agree....
We all know he is a big hibs fan but he has limited knowledge on how to set out a team. The defence was shambolic and the midfield non-existant. What has happened to Liam Miller? He looked good when he first came but now looks a very ordinary player who was lucky to touch the ball 6 times today. Im also sick of listening to people bumming up Bamba. He is a joke. He jumps 6 feet in the air and nine times out of ten completely misses the ball. His control and passing is awful. Ian Murray also looked very uncomfortable today. Hibs only looked a bit dangerous when Benji came on. Stokes twice tried to explain to Hughes that he couldnt do it on his own but Hughes just looked bemused and told him to get on with it. Afraid to say Hibs were beaten by a better team today and the score line flatters them. Really dissapointed by this showing.

Seems to me that you have contradicted yourself a bit...

Yogi may or may not be tacticallt inept, but tactics dont make players form - i think people at times overplay managers tactics at times (particularly in Scotland) - Hibs are a team bereft of confidence, thats nothing to do with tactics - I think given the injuries yesterday, the team he set out yesterday was the correct one, and i think it had a decent shape and system to it - until they scored - then we fell to pieces - thats nothing to do with tactics, that when you need big players.

Look at the huns today, that wasnt tactics that won, it was about belief and confidence, two things we just dont have at the moment

matty_f
21-03-2010, 08:40 PM

:top marks

I am beginning to think that Yogi has long since realised what he needs to do at the club, but is currently at the "You can only pish with the cock you've got" stage of proceedings.

I think he'll feel he's given everyone enough of a chance to prove themselves up to it, and can now look at making some significant changes in the pre-season.

He's already talked about potentially moving on a (or some) fans favourite(s) because he's seen through them. I would think that for a lack of alternatives, some of these players are getting game time at the moment that otherwise wouldn't if Yogi had better available to him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some more performances similar to yesterday's between now and the end of the season.

Steve-O
22-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Yes but that is a silly arguement. It is like saying there is someone out there who could do a better job at Man Utd than Fergie he is just a cleaner at Porty high school.

Well it's not really though is it? It's a completely different argument because Yogi has won NO trophies in his managerial career, whilst Fergie has won about 50!

jacomo
22-03-2010, 08:15 AM
:top marks

I am beginning to think that Yogi has long since realised what he needs to do at the club, but is currently at the "You can only pish with the cock you've got" stage of proceedings.

I think he'll feel he's given everyone enough of a chance to prove themselves up to it, and can now look at making some significant changes in the pre-season.

He's already talked about potentially moving on a (or some) fans favourite(s) because he's seen through them. I would think that for a lack of alternatives, some of these players are getting game time at the moment that otherwise wouldn't if Yogi had better available to him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some more performances similar to yesterday's between now and the end of the season.

He's also regularly praised the squad for working hard and taking things on board since he came in, so I'm not sure what Yogi will do.

For me, there's no question that Hibs need to back Yogi and hope that it comes good. This club (supposedly the best run club in Scotland) is now on its 7th manager since 2000... no wonder we have no consistency or resolve.

I just hope Yogi knows what he's doing.

JE89
22-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Well it's not really though is it? It's a completely different argument because Yogi has won NO trophies in his managerial career, whilst Fergie has won about 50!

Yes but potentially there could be someone out there who isn't an obvious candidate that would have won 51 trophies :wink:

I know what you are getting at but I think it can be said about anyone in any job.

crash
23-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Aye, right enough.:rolleyes:

Aye right enough.