PDA

View Full Version : trouble before game

biffo1875
20-03-2010, 01:36 PM
mentioned briefly on radio that fans clashed before game anyone heard anything about this.:confused:

An Leargaidh
20-03-2010, 03:18 PM
No but after the final whistle folk couldn't get out the exit for areas L and M as some of the younger squad were starting a face off with their opposite numbers in the Yam hordes. This was blocking access to the exit and folks wanting out had to go to other exits. The atmosphere felt quite serious so I wouldn't be suprised if some of it spills over into the street later. Hopefully not though.

houston1875
20-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Riot squad were in the roseburn bar,several fights, i was told,by a girl who had blood on her sleeve?

just back fae game,gutted,coulda been so different,when a got in to the game the hibees were bouncing and singing!

:grr: plus kinda shambolic polis didnae seperate both sets of fans after game,several hibs fans had to walk thru the yams suffering abuse,tip ma hat to the woman who gave as much as she got!!

bigstu
20-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Riot squad were in the roseburn bar,several fights, i was told,by a girl who had blood on her sleeve?

just back fae game,gutted,coulda been so different,when a got in to the game the hibees were bouncing and singing!

:grr: plus kinda shambolic polis didnae seperate both sets of fans after game,several hibs fans had to walk thru the yams suffering abuse,tip ma hat to the woman who gave as much as she got!!

there were a couple of minnor scuffles in the roseburn, an absolute disgrace though as it was hibs on hibs & fighting for the sake of fighting. we do have some right fannys who follow our team :agree:

steakbake
20-03-2010, 04:01 PM
there were a couple of minnor scuffles in the roseburn, an absolute disgrace though as it was hibs on hibs & fighting for the sake of fighting. we do have some right fannys who follow our team :agree:

Happy Clappers v Doom and Gloomers?

CropleyWasGod
20-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Happy Clappers v Doom and Gloomers?

Stack Squad vs the Mental Makas:take that:take that

SneakersO'Toole
20-03-2010, 04:16 PM

One of the fights broke out right in front of me in the Roseburn. The reason they started fighting was over an argument as to whether Darren Jackson was a good player. Absolute disgrace! The guy who got pinged just tryed to argue that he was a good servant and not a Jambo bassa like his eqvalent.

Felt sorry for the guy that got set upon. At the end of the day we all had the last laugh thoguh as the guy that got chucked out looked like a cross between Boy George and Bob the Builder.

Also, heard about the chaos in the toilet. Sounded horrendous from what I heard, although to be fair there were about two dozenn different stories going about.

Calvin
20-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Flip sake, sounds like we made the right call in going to the Murrayfield Hotel as opposed to the Roseburn!

SneakersO'Toole
20-03-2010, 04:27 PM
The Roseburn had a minority who had a point to prove for some reason. Give them a couple of WKD's and it all kicks off.

Pathetic!

Broken Gnome
20-03-2010, 04:31 PM
The Roseburn had a minority who had a point to prove for some reason. Give them a couple of WKD's and it all kicks off.

Pathetic!

Not suggesting you did obviously, but what might the reason be?

SneakersO'Toole
20-03-2010, 04:41 PM
You're guess is as good as mine mate. All i know I saw I Hibs fan who i've seen at games for years get set upon by a group of trumpets for engaging in a conversation.

As I say, give these tools a drink and 30mins later they are Tyson without the tattoo.

Mikeystewart
20-03-2010, 05:00 PM
didnt see any before the match but some bam in a BMW got out his car in the middle of the street with police all around us and tried to pick a fight with ma mate for just walking in front of his car All we where doing was walking down the street like the other 3500 hibs fans:confused: he must have been about 20 years older than my mate and when other people caught on they proceeded to shout "you hearts ******* !.

danhibees1875
20-03-2010, 05:05 PM
didnt see any before the match but some bam in a BMW got out his car in the middle of the street with police all around us and tried to pick a fight with ma mate for just walking in front of his car All we where doing was walking down the street like the other 3500 hibs fans:confused: he must have been about 20 years older than my mate and when other people caught on they proceeded to shout "you hearts ******* !.

People who drive down roads near football grounds just before/after a game .... :grr:

Every game without fail. Do they get anywhere? NO! Just sit and listen to the radio for a while. :agree:

Mikeystewart
20-03-2010, 05:12 PM
People who drive down roads near football grounds just before/after a game .... :grr:

Every game without fail. Do they get anywhere? NO! Just sit and listen to the radio for a while. :agree:

Mine and my mates thoughts exactly even if the three of us had bunched up the sides to let him through he would of had to plough through another 1000 hibs fans to make any significant progress.

.Sean.
20-03-2010, 05:32 PM
East versus West?

Slightly different point. To the group of teenyboppers in the Murrayfield Hotel who were singing 'It's all gone quiet over there' :bitchy: FFS we're all Hibs fans! Go on X-Factor if you want a singing contest!!
How original

Im drunk amd yor boring :yawn:

1two
20-03-2010, 05:52 PM
some bother now up gorgie way, going to head to the green side of town

Potty78
20-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Flip sake, sounds like we made the right call in going to the Murrayfield Hotel as opposed to the Roseburn!
I us too:thumbsup:

MSK
20-03-2010, 06:54 PM
How original

Im drunk amd yor boring :yawn:Aye ..how so dare they have a bit o banter eh ..?...:rolleyes:

WeAreHibs
20-03-2010, 07:34 PM
I us too:thumbsup:

Murrayfield was great before the game. After the game there was one particular fud sitting outside with his mates who lobbed a glass at a group just outside on the pavement.

If you cant handle your drink pal....

Spender
21-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Murrayfield was great before the game. After the game there was one particular fud sitting outside with his mates who lobbed a glass at a group just outside on the pavement.

If you cant handle your drink pal....

was a bit bemused with that one as there were only hibbys in the beergarden at the time.

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:04 PM
I just settled for a couple of cans of Lidl's Excelsior lager before the game...such a hobo :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 02:08 PM
I just settled for a couple of cans of Lidl's Excelsior lager before the game...such a hobo :greengrin

It sounds as if 2 was too many.

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:10 PM
It sounds as if 2 was too many.

:rolleyes:

usually happens to Delabooze but i'm getting the cheap petty Blackpoolhibs follow about the messageboard routine....you are such an amazing guy :faf::faf:

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 02:12 PM
:rolleyes:

usually happens to Delabooze but i'm getting the cheap petty Blackpoolhibs follow about the messageboard routine....you are such an amazing guy :faf::faf:

He does not drink, but its obvious you had one too many, it seems like it made you abuse the team, and you said you don't normally do this. 2+2 =4.

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:14 PM
He does not drink, but its obvious you had one too many, it seems like it made you abuse the team, and you said you don't normally do this. 2+2 =4.

I drink before the games....so ram yer logic :bye:

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 02:34 PM
I drink before the games....so ram yer logic :bye:

Obviously too much. You abuse the team during games, perhaps a spell off it would help?

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Obviously too much. You abuse the team during games, perhaps a spell off it would help?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....a drinking councillor :faf:

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2010, 02:41 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....a drinking councillor :faf:

I'm glad you took a breath in between laughs, i don't want you to hurt yourself.

Ed De Gramo
21-03-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm glad you took a breath in between laughs, i don't want you to hurt yourself.

:greengrin

bloody space bar

Sir David Gray
21-03-2010, 03:14 PM

:agree: Same here.

We queued up outside the Roseburn for about 40 minutes or so (got there just after 9) but there was no sign of us getting in so we headed off to the Murrayfield hotel and I really enjoyed myself. It's bigger, sounds as if the clientele was, in general, better than the Roseburn and on a nice day like yesterday, it was brilliant to sit outside and have a bit of a sing song.

I've never gone anywhere for a drink before a derby before but I think I'll definitely just head there in the future, rather than waste time trying to queue to get into the Roseburn. From what I've read on here, I don't think it would have been nearly as enjoyable.

K.Marx
21-03-2010, 03:18 PM
From what I've read on here, I don't think it would have been nearly as enjoyable.

apart from a couple of incidents which involved <1% of the folk there the roseburn was just as good as usual and well worth arriving at 8 to que for!

hamish is a hibee :greengrin

Sir David Gray
21-03-2010, 03:21 PM
apart from a couple of incidents which involved <1% of the folk there the roseburn was just as good as usual and well worth arriving at 8 to que for!

hamish is a hibee :greengrin

Still think the Murrayfield would have been better! :na na:

:greengrin

WeAreHibs
21-03-2010, 03:34 PM
was a bit bemused with that one as there were only hibbys in the beergarden at the time.

yeah, I wondered who he was throwing it at.