PDA

View Full Version : New East Stand question

Keith_M
19-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I was just reading an article (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100318/join-the-family-party_2262950_1998384) on the Fishul Web-Site about next season's STs and the image on the page made me wonder about the new East Stand. Presuming the image is correct, why is the front of the stand so much further from the pitch than the other three stands? The track side looks to be at least twice as wide as the other sides.

I can't see it having anything to do with there being a larger size pitch, that surely wouldn't require a bigger track on only one side.

Does anybody know the actual reason?

:dunno:

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Is this not to do with the pitch actually being centred as it currently is offset in relation to the North & South stands.

Keith_M
19-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Is this not to do with the pitch actually being centred as it currently is offset in relation to the North & South stands.

If that was it, why not just build the East Stand the same distance from the pitch as the West Stand?

:dunno:

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Not sure just know that the original stories all said that the the footprint of the new stand would be further East to allow changes to the size of the pitch.

Maybe they don't want the East Ruffians so close to the players :greengrin