PDA

View Full Version : Question Moral Dilemma

Jack
19-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Office worker 1 goes out on Friday lunchtime to the local supermarket. Right place, right time OW1 is there when 2 sirloin steaks are reduced from £10 to £5 and snaps them up. They have a sell by date of tomorrow.

Back in the office they are put into the communal fridge.

Time to go home they're not there!

On Monday Office worker 2 approaches OW1 to say how sorry they were they had picked up OW1s steaks, there were 2 of the supermarkets bags in the fridge on Friday and they picked up the wrong one by accident.

Should OW2

Offer to replace the steaks

Offer £10, the cost to replace the steaks

Or £5, the cost.

This actually happened to me, I’ll not tell you just now which worker I was.

Removed
19-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Replacement cost, only decent thing to do :agree:

calumhibee1
19-03-2010, 02:50 PM
replace the steaks

RoslinInstHibby
19-03-2010, 02:55 PM
replace the steaks
:agree:

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Get them back and eat them :agree:.

Ignore the date they will be fine.Far too much emphasis put on sell by/use by/best by dates resulting in tons of good food being wasted every week.

J-C
19-03-2010, 03:40 PM
£5 paid so £5 to repay, unless they offer to replace the steaks for you.

Removed
19-03-2010, 03:47 PM
£5 paid so £5 to repay, unless they offer to replace the steaks for you.

:grr:

******* chored the steaks. OW1 could have had a romantic dinner planned and the lack of quality meat could have ruined his chances of getting his nat king.

Never mind the offer, what about compensation :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
19-03-2010, 04:00 PM
:grr:

******* chored the steaks. OW1 could have had a romantic dinner planned and the lack of quality meat could have ruined his chances of getting his nat king.

Never mind the offer, what about compensation :agree:

Are you suggesting that the thief offers to ride the person they stole the steaks from?

Mikey_1875
19-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Offer a tenner if it was me, but half epect the person to go nah a fiver is ok :greengrin:

Accept a Fiver if I was the other.

could never be bothered going out to replace steaks.

Removed
19-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Are you suggesting that the thief offers to ride the person tehy stole the steaks from?

:agree: Defo, and preferably finish off with a coffee in Starbucks :smokin

nonshinyfinish
19-03-2010, 04:30 PM
If OW2 ate the steaks then he should give OW1 a tenner, if not should just give him his steaks back.

However, as someone else mentioned, in OW1's position I would tell OW2 just to give me a fiver.

danhibees1875
19-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Option 1 or 2 :agree:

Swedish hibee
19-03-2010, 07:08 PM
I would just give the tenner to replace the steaks and thats that.
:ill:

Hainan Hibs
19-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Give him the tenner to replace the steaks.

Hibbyradge
19-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Buy 2 replacement steaks.

The price is irrelevant.

Jack
29-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Forgot about this, thanks for the replies. :agree:

It happened to me a few years ago, I don’t know what brought it back to mind.

Anyway it was my steaks that had disappeared and, having found them, it was going to be part of a special meal that night :wink: . We went out instead, which wasn’t my plan! :grr:

On the Monday morning it was the talk of the wash hoose :blah: , pretty much along the same lines as here. I’d also heard that someone in another part of the building was almost bragging about her ‘free’ meal. She wasn’t going to do anything! :grr::grr: She wasn’t well liked in the office anyway and had to be told by workmates that what she had done just wasn’t right. :wtf:

So she came through, said sorry (as though she really meant it :bitchy:) and flung a fiver on my desk, turned tail and as she was walking out one of my colleagues shouted something like ‘What about the money for the other steak?” to which there was no reply. :bye:

The gossip lasted for weeks after she left … not long after.

Removed
29-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Forgot about this, thanks for the replies. :agree:

It happened to me a few years ago, I don’t know what brought it back to mind.

Anyway it was my steaks that had disappeared and, having found them, it was going to be part of a special meal that night :wink: . We went out instead, which wasn’t my plan! :grr:

See #7 & #8

Did you get your nat king then :greengrin

Jack
29-03-2010, 04:11 PM
See #7 & #8

Did you get your nat king then :greengrin

TBH I cant even remember which GF it was :hnetinq: .................................................. .... :faf: