PDA

View Full Version : Derby in Liverpool

SharpySevenil
19-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Mate of mine at work is unable to attend derby, as in Liverpool. Does anyone know of a pub to watch in Liverpool?

_hucks_
19-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I tend to go to Paddy's bar, a real dodgy looking Irish place at the bottom of London Road. THe interior is a bit (well a lot) celticy, but the guy that works behind the bar is very obliging about showing Scottish Football. I may or may not be there depending on what time the sky guys are round at my mates on saturday to set it all up. Any idea where in Liverpool yer mate is so I can suggest somehwere convenient for where he is? London Road is pretty central though, a stones throw from both the train and coach station.

SharpySevenil
19-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Cheers mate nice one

SharpySevenil
19-03-2010, 12:35 PM
He's going to the Everton game at 3, not really sure exact location but he intended heading into the centre for the derby before heading to Goodison.

_hucks_
19-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't know where to go around Goodison, don't know north Liverpool at all well. But Paddy's would be a decent shout in terms of likelyhood of it being on. Pretty cheap pints as well, and if by some bizarre twist of events its not on in there its a very short walk to the Dugout Bar on Lord Nelson street which is soul-less and expensive but has about 50 tv's. Hope i've helped, although I'm sure one of the Liverpool based folks that have maybe lived here longer than 6 months may well offer different advice!

SharpySevenil
19-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Paddys seems like a good shout, very helpful mate.

Come on the Hibs