PDA

View Full Version : West Stand Changes

MountcastleHibs
19-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Did anyone else get a letter from the club this morning regarding the changes in the West Stand from next season? I sit in the front row, and the letter is telling me that my seat will be taken away to make way for the pitch being brought under UEFA regulations. It means we get priority seating for next season! Anyone know if you should contact the club now or wait until the information pack regarding renewal comes out next week?

And does anyone know what the work is actually consisting of?

I can't see anything about this posted elsewhere, but if it is feel free to delete admins.

Keith_M
19-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Do you know how many rows they'll be removing?

I would have thought this would be problematic for the entrance gangways, where the fans come in to the seating area from under the stand.

WindyMiller
19-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Did anyone else get a letter from the club this morning regarding the changes in the West Stand from next season? I sit in the front row, and the letter is telling me that my seat will be taken away to make way for the pitch being brought under UEFA regulations. It means we get priority seating for next season! Anyone know if you should contact the club now or wait until the information pack regarding renewal comes out next week?

And does anyone know what the work is actually consisting of?

I can't see anything about this posted elsewhere, but if it is feel free to delete admins.

When all the work is complete the new pitch will be 4 metres wider than the existing.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=115495

GreenCastle
19-03-2010, 01:38 PM

I would have thought this would be problematic for the entrance gangways, where the fans come in to the seating area from under the stand.

Exactly ?

I can understand why they are doing it - I am curious to see how they do it. As the front row being removed will mean quite a bit of work to the West Stand in the off season.

dangermouse
19-03-2010, 01:58 PM

Maybe the level of the gangway will be raised to the same height as row 2 and an additional step put in coming up from the concourse. :dunno:

Cocaine&Caviar
19-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Im row B, and havent been sent anything.

KWJ
19-03-2010, 02:00 PM
wider pitch, more room to spray the baw aboot!:wink:

Sas_The_Hibby
19-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Im row B, and havent been sent anything.

Perhaps you'll soon find you're Row A! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
19-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm in the West and I got my letter this morning and I've been sent to the FF Stand for the first couple of games of next season before the East Stand is completely up and running and then I'll be moving over there.