PDA

View Full Version : NHC Football rule changes

RMG_82
19-03-2010, 07:32 AM
I know there's loads of ideas for rule changes to help develop the world game.......goal line technology......tv refereees etc etc. But i've always wondered why they dont make the quadrant for taking a corner kick bigger. And can you catch the ball in your t-shirt to control it?(technically its no hand ball) two questions that have really bugged me for years.

iwasthere1972
19-03-2010, 08:05 AM
I know there's loads of ideas for rule changes to help develop the world game.......goal line technology......tv refereees etc etc. But i've always wondered why they dont make the quadrant for taking a corner kick bigger. And can you catch the ball in your t-shirt to control it?(technically its no hand ball) two questions that have really bugged me for years.

:dizzy:

:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
19-03-2010, 09:24 AM
I’d like to hear why:

goalies can choose which side of the box they can take a by-kick from but you can’t pick which side you take a corner from and
obstruction’s allowed if you’re shepherding a ball out

Peevemor
19-03-2010, 09:25 AM
I’d like to hear why:

goalies can choose which side of the box they can take a by-kick from but you can’t pick which side you take a corner from and

Ditto. :agree:

TheBall'sRound
19-03-2010, 09:25 AM

As far as the shirt thing goes I imagine the ref would blow for a free kick pretty sharpish in the same way that it's a free kick if you get the ball trapped underneath you. You'd probably also get booked for being a di.. unsporting conduct.

The thing about the quadrant is interesting though as I was having this chat earlier this week. It's not beyond the bounds of reason that we'll see all the yardages turned into metric in the near future as most countries in the world don't know what the chuff a yard is.

This would mean the 18 yard box would be the 18m box and in fact measure 19.8 yards - the penalty spot would be 13.2 yards out and the 6 yard box would be... well the 6.6yard box.

It wouldn't change much I suppose - England still wouldn't win a penalty shoot out and Tynecastle would still be too wee to play European matches.

Craig_in_Prague
19-03-2010, 09:38 AM
I’d like to hear why:

:agree:

anywhere else on the pitch and it's a foul :grr:

everytime I see a defender trying to usher it out for a goal kick, I want the attacker to snap him from behind, or win the ball then score a goal.

Truely bugs me :grr:

StevieT
19-03-2010, 09:41 AM
I’d like to hear why:

I think reason the goal keeper can select which side he wants to take the goal kick was introduced in an attempt to speed up the game i.e. if the ball went out of play on the right hand side of the goals and it ended up loser to the left corner flag due to angle, wind etc. the goalkeeper could collect the ball and take it from the left instead of having to run back to the right to restart the match. In reality it is an ideal time wasting change.

With regards to your second point, so long as the ball is withing the playing distance of the 'shepherding' player he is deemed to be in control of the ball and can put himself between the ball and his opponent. Imagine he had one foot on the ball with his leg extended so the ball was approximately one tard from the rest of his body. He could then rotate himself around the ball putting his body between the ball and his opponent, the same applies to 'shepherding'. Not one I agrre with but one we have to live with.

lapsedhibee
19-03-2010, 09:53 AM
It's not beyond the bounds of reason that we'll see all the yardages turned into metric in the near future as most countries in the world don't know what the chuff a yard is.

This would mean the 18 yard box would be the 18m box and in fact measure 19.8 yards - the penalty spot would be 13.2 yards out and the 6 yard box would be... well the 6.6yard box.

If this happens, shirley the penalty box will be 17m and the spot 11m, not 18m and 12m?

And what's metric for "quadrant"? :dunno:

Does the avoirdupois scale even go high enough to measure Nade? :confused:

Ell_Chrisso
19-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I think the idea of video ref is something people would have to warm to rather than accepting it straight away.

The idea of someone watching over the game, with the referee on the pitch is kind of happening already with the 4th official having tv screens to monitor, but stopping the game constantly to look at incidents is just going to get on people's nerves. It will also take away the point of having the ref on the pitch in the first place, cos believe it or not they get paid to do it!

The goaline tech is defo something they should bring in. Im all for dodgy decision's by referee's for penalty's, handball's, free-kicks blaa blaa, but if you score, you score. There should be either a sensor that the ref or any of the other 3 officials have to indicate the ball has crossed the line. This is not something that's going to take the fun out of football.

Hakim Sar
19-03-2010, 09:58 AM

everytime I see a defender trying to usher it out for a goal kick, I want the attacker to snap him from behind, or win the ball then score a goal.

happened to a certain mr gary neville against liverpool a few years back

was lovely when it happened!!!

Danderhall Hibs
19-03-2010, 10:06 AM
I think reason the goal keeper can select which side he wants to take the goal kick was introduced in an attempt to speed up the game i.e. if the ball went out of play on the right hand side of the goals and it ended up loser to the left corner flag due to angle, wind etc. the goalkeeper could collect the ball and take it from the left instead of having to run back to the right to restart the match. In reality it is an ideal time wasting change.

With regards to your second point, so long as the ball is withing the playing distance of the 'shepherding' player he is deemed to be in control of the ball and can put himself between the ball and his opponent. Imagine he had one foot on the ball with his leg extended so the ball was approximately one tard from the rest of his body. He could then rotate himself around the ball putting his body between the ball and his opponent, the same applies to 'shepherding'. Not one I agrre with but one we have to live with.

Using the same logic you'd think taking the corner from whichever side you fancied would speed play up as well then?

As for the obstruction thing - I knew that was the rule but I don't think the refs can really judge it so let the defender do what they like.

Hakim Sar
19-03-2010, 10:09 AM
firstly i am a massive fan of cold winter games - jumping about and singing to keep warm with a few beers inside you (winter would be horrendously dull without football/sport to watch)

but after the winter we have just had I am a convert to the summer football revolution now - BIG TIME

even just an extra 500-800 on the attendance because it's a nice day can make a big difference in many respects (revenue,atmosphere etc). i similarly enjoy football at the start of the season and the experience of just going in your hibs top in the baking sunshine. this is the main 'rule' change i would now look for because the pitches have been battered and wont recover 100% and will need to be relaid almost everywhere. some of the football on these pitches has been atrocious but you have to feel for them at times!!!!!

football on the telly will always be popular but its obviously easier to sit in and watch sky sports on a windy rainy cold day as opposed to a warm summer day when you're dying to get outside and do something.

what are peoples thoughts on the scottish cup etc if the league started in late february and ended in mid october?

is losing out on a scottish cup final in the sun a big miss? or do we restructure it so that the league cup and scottish cup move back to the start of the season (similar to coca-cola cup in 1990's??)

secondly - i want a rule change on the manufacturing of the balls we use in modern times. would be interested to see the weight/material rule because the new world cup ball is nothing more than a beachball and is so light and wobbly when you kick it that it gets embarassing. never kicked a ball so light in my life and expecting to see plenty goalkeepers embarassed in the summer!!!!!!!!!!

--------
19-03-2010, 10:09 AM
If this happens, shirley the penalty box will be 17m and the spot 11m, not 18m and 12m?

Nade's weight is measured in metric tonnes.

And his circumference in light-years. :cool2:

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2010, 10:20 AM

So is wrapping your arms around someone and throwing them to the floor..........however in the penalty area when defending a corner it goes unpunished most of the time. :confused:

gogs_t
19-03-2010, 10:37 AM

This may be the reason but to be honest, it can have the opposite effect. If
a goalkeeper want to waste time, he always takes the goal kick from the opposite side of where he collects it.

StevieT
19-03-2010, 10:43 AM
firstly i am a massive fan of cold winter games - jumping about and singing to keep warm with a few beers inside you (winter would be horrendously dull without football/sport to watch)

but after the winter we have just had I am a convert to the summer football revolution now - BIG TIME

even just an extra 500-800 on the attendance because it's a nice day can make a big difference in many respects (revenue,atmosphere etc). i similarly enjoy football at the start of the season and the experience of just going in your hibs top in the baking sunshine. this is the main 'rule' change i would now look for because the pitches have been battered and wont recover 100% and will need to be relaid almost everywhere. some of the football on these pitches has been atrocious but you have to feel for them at times!!!!!

football on the telly will always be popular but its obviously easier to sit in and watch sky sports on a windy rainy cold day as opposed to a warm summer day when you're dying to get outside and do something.

what are peoples thoughts on the scottish cup etc if the league started in late february and ended in mid october?

is losing out on a scottish cup final in the sun a big miss? or do we restructure it so that the league cup and scottish cup move back to the start of the season (similar to coca-cola cup in 1990's??)

secondly - i want a rule change on the manufacturing of the balls we use in modern times. would be interested to see the weight/material rule because the new world cup ball is nothing more than a beachball and is so light and wobbly when you kick it that it gets embarassing. never kicked a ball so light in my life and expecting to see plenty goalkeepers embarassed in the summer!!!!!!!!!!

Ball details here Law 2 - Tha Ball http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=719

StevieT
19-03-2010, 10:44 AM
This may be the reason but to be honest, it can have the opposite effect. If
a goalkeeper want to waste time, he always takes the goal kick from the opposite side of where he collects it.

That's why my last sentence says what it does.

TheBall'sRound
19-03-2010, 10:46 AM

This was the general conclusion to my chat earlier in the week - the line will get measured out to the closest round metre and the only tragedy will be if it ever gets referred to as "the 17m line" (shudder!)

Oh and the quadrant is a quarter of a circle with a radius of 1 yard so it would be slightly bigger (1.1 yards) - to bring us back to the original point!

And I think the ancient greeks would have measured Nade in hecatombs - as in "he could eat 350 cows in one sitting - he measures 3.5 hecatombs"

--------
19-03-2010, 10:53 AM
This was the general conclusion to my chat earlier in the week - the line will get measured out to the closest round metre and the only tragedy will be if it ever gets referred to as "the 17m line" (shudder!)

Oh and the quadrant is a quarter of a circle with a radius of 1 yard so it would be slightly bigger (1.1 yards) - to bring us back to the original point!

And I think the ancient greeks would have measured Nade in hecatombs - as in "he could eat 350 cows in one sitting - he measures 3.5 hecatombs"

No big problem, IMO. Years ago the 25-yard line in Egg-Chucking became "the 22"; nobody even remembers the change now.

Did you know that Nade is the only footballer in the known universe to have his own satellite in orbit around him? - the Asteroid Clum?

(At least I THINK the word they used was 'asteroid'. It certainly began with an 'a'....)

Pretty Boy
19-03-2010, 11:11 AM
I’d like to hear why:

Surely it's because a team gains no real advantage from whatever side the keeper kicks the ball from. It's either a hoof up the park or a short pass to a full back.

However if you have say Beckham or Pirlo in your team who are excellent from dead balls you could constantly take corners from their strong side so they could hit an inswinger everytime.

As for the second question i have no idea.

Danderhall Hibs
19-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Surely it's because a team gains no real advantage from whatever side the keeper kicks the ball from. It's either a hoof up the park or a short pass to a full back.

However if you have say Beckham or Pirlo in your team who are excellent from dead balls you could constantly take corners from their strong side so they could hit an inswinger everytime.

As for the second question i have no idea.

They get an advantage by wasting an extra 30 seconds of time though.

hfc rd
19-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Goal line technology or additional refs beside the goals.

Gatecrasher
19-03-2010, 01:07 PM
i hate it when theres not long to go and the team winning is shielding the ball in the corner of the pitch, the opposing player should be able to come in kung fu style and knock the MOFO out to get the ball, i hate it when teams do that :grr:

SidBurns
19-03-2010, 01:11 PM
They get an advantage by wasting an extra 30 seconds of time though.

They don't though, time for the keeper taking the goalkick from the 'other' side SHOULD be added on. Almost passed my SFA Referee Exam and this was something that came up.

hstn747
19-03-2010, 01:15 PM

It is a hand ball. The shirt is treated as an extension of the arm. Same applies if a player threw his glove/boot at the ball I believe.

lapsedhibee
19-03-2010, 01:43 PM
It is a hand ball. The shirt is treated as an extension of the arm. Same applies if a player threw his glove/boot at the ball I believe.

But what if he flicked his boot with his foot at the ball - shirley you couldn't call that handball? :dunno: Guess a booking for 'jolly unsportsmanlike conduct' would result.

bobbyhibs1983
19-03-2010, 01:44 PM
So is wrapping your arms around someone and throwing them to the floor..........however in the penalty area when defending a corner it goes unpunished most of the time. :confused:

i agree, as well as shirt pulling in the box by the defending teams players witch goes unpunished.

I know there are normally alot of players in the box at the time but shirt pulling in the box does happen alot and surely the ref/linesmen would spot 1 and then say ok defending player pulled x players shirt in the box, pen

Danderhall Hibs
19-03-2010, 01:59 PM
They don't though, time for the keeper taking the goalkick from the 'other' side SHOULD be added on. Almost passed my SFA Referee Exam and this was something that came up.

:agree: SHOULD be added.

gogs_t
19-03-2010, 02:34 PM
That's why my last sentence says what it does.

Oops - missed that bit :blushie: