PDA

View Full Version : Question Derby in Glasgow...

cwilliamson85
18-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Due to work I am unable to make it through to Edinburgh for the derby so was wondering if any Hibees are in glasgow or know of anywhere good to watch it?

cwilliamson85
19-03-2010, 11:51 AM
bump

:wink:

Rory89
19-03-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm going to the game but if I wasn't I'd be going to The Ark in North Frederick Street between Queen Street Station and Strathclyde University.

It'll be quiet enough without being totally dead so you can watch the game and listen to the commentary and the sound of Hibees celebrating in comfort. It's £2.15 for a Tennants and you've got a nice smoking area, a good jukebox for post match celebrations and a smart smoking area.

Oh aye, and if you wait around 'till after 3 you get a burger, chips and a pint for £3.75. It's my local these days.

P.S in the event of a Hibs win and you wanting to continue celebrating, I'd also reccomend Beer Cafe in the merchant city nearby. It's a bit more expensive than The Ark but they serve this drink called Desperado's, which is a really cold bottle of beer mixed with tequila with a lime. I normally can't even taste the difference between beers but honestly this is the nicest drink of all time.

_hucks_
19-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm going to the game but if I wasn't I'd be going to The Ark in North Frederick Street between Queen Street Station and Strathclyde University.

It'll be quiet enough without being totally dead so you can watch the game and listen to the commentary and the sound of Hibees celebrating in comfort. It's £2.15 for a Tennants and you've got a nice smoking area, a good jukebox for post match celebrations and a smart smoking area.

Oh aye, and if you wait around 'till after 3 you get a burger, chips and a pint for £3.75. It's my local these days.

P.S in the event of a Hibs win and you wanting to continue celebrating, I'd also reccomend Beer Cafe in the merchant city nearby. It's a bit more expensive than The Ark but they serve this drink called Desperado's, which is a really cold bottle of beer mixed with tequila with a lime. I normally can't even taste the difference between beers but honestly this is the nicest drink of all time.
I know its splitting hairs, but its not actually got tequila in it, its made using agave which is the primary ingredient in tequila

Rory89
19-03-2010, 02:39 PM
I know its splitting hairs, but its not actually got tequila in it, its made using agave which is the primary ingredient in tequila

Whatever it is it's one of the primary ingredient's in making this a superb drink.

Phil D. Rolls
19-03-2010, 03:33 PM

I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference between anything if I had one of those. By the way, is this the place in the basement of what used to be St. Andrew's church?

Callum
19-03-2010, 03:37 PM

This is where I will be watching it from it also as alot of screens theirs not a seat where u cant see one which is a plus :thumbsup:

Calvin
19-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Slightly off topic, but loads of people seem to love Desperados, myself included. Why on earth is it not sold more widespreadly here?

Rory89
19-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference between anything if I had one of those. By the way, is this the place in the basement of what used to be St. Andrew's church?

They are very nice, believe me. I couldn't tell a Stella from a Carling from a Tennants but this stuff is much nice than any of them. Think it's £3.50 though but on the flipside they get you very merry.

Do you mean The Ark or Beer Cafe? I haven't lived in Glasgow too long so don't know but considering neither is in a basement I'll say no.

This is where I will be watching it from it also as alot of screens theirs not a seat where u cant see one which is a plus :thumbsup:

The Ark is definitely the way to go, I live as close to The Ark as I do to Walkabout and The Ark is better in every way.

Slightly off topic, but loads of people seem to love Desperados, myself included. Why on earth is it not sold more widespreadly here?

I have no idea, if me plus other people I know would happily walk past a few cheaper pubs to get to a bar that sells in then surely it's worth getting some in if you ran a pub.

_hucks_
20-03-2010, 11:22 AM
It is a proper tidy drink, for some reason most of the clubs I go to down here have massive stockpiles of it, which is handy.

GGTTH!