PDA

View Full Version : Steven Dobbie.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2010, 09:10 PM
I went to watch Blackpool reserves against Rochdale last night, and the dobbmeister was playing up front for the pool. He'd scored a couple and missed 3 one on ones admittedly from a bit wide, before i left at 6-0. Anyone think he might be worth a shout in the summer? :wink:

JoeT
18-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Craig Rocastle had a decent game by all accounts for Forest Green a couple of weeks ago...........

HibeeDaz6270
18-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Craig Rocastle had a decent game by all accounts for Forest Green a couple of weeks ago...........

To be honest, Stephen Dobbie is a player who has vastly improved since previously being here, i think if stokes was to move on, Dobbie would be worth the gamble.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2010, 09:22 PM
To be honest, Stephen Dobbie is a player who has vastly improved since previously being here, i think if stokes was to move on, Dobbie would be worth the gamble.

I don't think it would be a gamble, tbh.

I've been calling for his return for ages. :agree:

KWJ
18-03-2010, 09:26 PM
his first spell was all worth it for nicking the ball from some yam and feeding it through to GOC to score a certain last minute 10 man winner.

iwasthere1972
18-03-2010, 09:29 PM
I went to watch Blackpool reserves against Rochdale last night, and the dobbmeister was playing up front for the pool. He'd scored a couple and missed 3 one on ones admittedly from a bit wide, before i left at 6-0. Anyone think he might be worth a shout in the summer? :wink:

If I had been there last night when he missed 3 one on ones he would certainly have been worth a shout. :grr: "Oih Dobbie you're *******useless - now get to ****". :greengrin

Jonnyboy
18-03-2010, 10:40 PM

He always was :wink:

Hainan Hibs
18-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Get Dobbie in, make a move for Rocastle for the Matty Jack role, bring back Pinau and Joneliet and give them their chance, and we'll be guaranteed a Championship challenge next season:agree:

Future17
18-03-2010, 11:35 PM
his first spell was all worth it for nicking the ball from some yam and feeding it through to GOC to score a certain last minute 10 man winner.

And a league cup semi-final equaliser against Rangers. I'd take Dobbie back - natural finisher.

Hibercelona
19-03-2010, 12:23 AM
That Brian Kerr has been doing no too bad lately either. :rolleyes:

Fife-Hibee
19-03-2010, 12:31 AM

:tumble: :greengrin

Hibercelona
19-03-2010, 12:43 AM
:tumble: :greengrin

:take that

hibee4life1983
19-03-2010, 01:21 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

AgentDaleCooper
19-03-2010, 02:49 AM

he's at forest green?!

i've been to see them a couple of times, mate used to live near their ground when i was younger.

was there the day they were promoted. beat bath. never seen such a crap game of football.

"conference, here we come, conference, conference here we come"

:faf:

ah, memories...

Speedway
19-03-2010, 09:18 AM
:agree:

Dobbie coming back would offer us the width that we've been sadly lacking.

Peevemor
19-03-2010, 09:22 AM
:agree:

Dobbie coming back would offer us the width that we've been sadly lacking.

And that's just his backside. :agree:

bighairyfaeleith
19-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I'd rather see some of our youngsters get a shot ahead of bringing back dobbie to be honest. Not a bad player but I just reckon we could have better waiting to get a turn.

matty_f
19-03-2010, 10:35 AM
:singing: Ten men couldnae carry, couldnae carry Dobbie!

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2010, 11:38 AM
:singing: Ten men couldnae carry, couldnae carry Dobbie!

Not anymore, he's lost quite a bit of weight, but does not look any quicker. He looks sharp, but personally i don't think he's any better than what we have.

Green Mikey
19-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Not anymore, he's lost quite a bit of weight, but does not look any quicker. He looks sharp, but personally i don't think he's any better than what we have.

IMO Stokes is a much better player and if Riordan was played throught he middle he is as well. Dobbie has improved a lot since we released him but with our current stikers and the wages he would want I don't think we'll see him back at ER.

ginger_rice
19-03-2010, 06:44 PM

What about that Clayton Donaldson guy he's banged in 6 goals for Crewe this season :hide:

HibbyAndy
19-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Am serious here by the way.

Dobbie for Benji.

IWasThere2016
19-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Dobbie is class! :agree:

HibbyAndy
19-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Dobbie is class! :agree:

So are your emails :agree:

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
19-03-2010, 07:59 PM
So are your emails :agree:

:greengrin

:cool2:

sixtwo
19-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Dobbie is average at best. He's had his chance with us and he was too busy drinking beer, eating kebabs and wondering what could have been if he had been kept on at the huns to realise what he had! Before he knew it, his chance had passed him by.

He might eventually turn out to be a decent player but he never proved it with us and he doesn't deserve another chance. I'd rather we gave Byrne a chance before lining the pockets of a waster like Dobbie.

HibeeDaz6270
19-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Dobbie is average at best. He's had his chance with us and he was too busy drinking beer, eating kebabs and wondering what could have been if he had been kept on at the huns to realise what he had! Before he knew it, his chance had passed him by.

He might eventually turn out to be a decent player but he never proved it with us and he doesn't deserve another chance. I'd rather we gave Byrne a chance before lining the pockets of a waster like Dobbie.

Surely you have to credit the guy for getting his act together, after not really making it at Hibs. He is now earning more money than he would ever earn at Hibs, and he has got that from hard work.