PDA

View Full Version : Roseburn v The Murrayfield Hotel..

Carheenlea
18-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Three of us thinking of a change of venue for the pre-derby refreshments, and as Roseburn veterans, the time has maybe come for an alternative location.

Heard The Murrayfield Hotel mentioned a few times on here, so we are thinking of giving it a go.

What`s the general consensus? Pro`s / Con`s?

Alex Trager
18-03-2010, 08:26 PM
No requirement to leave very very very early to get in

Pedantic_Hibee
18-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Could we get a pole or something to see who's going where?

I take it you are a dwarf?

Hibs90
18-03-2010, 08:28 PM

North or South?

Barney McGrew
18-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Could we get a pole to see who's going where?

Is he going to stand in between the two bars and keep count?

Danny_Hibee
18-03-2010, 08:30 PM

Please not Zibi :worried:

Hainan Hibs
18-03-2010, 08:33 PM

Here's one mate :agree:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/05_02/Boruc2_468x529.jpg

iwasthere1972
18-03-2010, 08:35 PM

If there's a pole involved count me in. :cool2:

HibeeSince82
18-03-2010, 10:12 PM
lol so what is better? roseburn or murrayfield?

Sick Boy
18-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Personally, I prefer the Murrayfield Hotel. Much more room to stand in the bar area and it's not as difficult to get served. Ample space to stand outside as well so you don't need to be crushed up against a wall sipping gingerly at a drink hoping no-one knocks it out of your hand.

FranckSuzy
18-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Personally, I prefer the Murrayfield Hotel. Much more room to stand in the bar area and it's not as difficult to get served. Ample space to stand outside as well so you don't need to be crushed up against a wall sipping gingery at a drink hoping no-one knocks it out of your hand.

:faf: Gingerly maybe? Just kidding, it's your work buddy here :cool2:

Sick Boy
18-03-2010, 11:06 PM
:faf: Gingerly maybe? Just kidding, it's your work buddy here :cool2:

Yes. That'll teach me for trying to multi-task.:dizzy: Point still stands though. Been to the Roseburn a few times and it was a nightmare trying to get to the bar or toilets.

RigRoars
18-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Roseburn v The Murrayfield Hotel..

Fighhhhttttt...

FranckSuzy
18-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Yes. That'll teach me for trying to multi-task.:dizzy: Point still stands though. Been to the Roseburn a few times and it was a nightmare trying to get to the bar or toilets.

:greengrin No worries. The Murrayfield is at least owned by a Hibby too :thumbsup: I'm getting away at 12 on Sat to watch the game (mind you, I've got the start at 6 am :boo hoo:), you working?

BigKev
19-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Roseburn wins hands down for me. Get a great sing song before the game.

I've been going there for years and never had a problem getting to the toilet :confused: Although there is only one toilet in the ladies so they could have a problem!

Always get served quickly as well due to the amount of staff on. Only been to the Murrayfield once - never really enjoyed it - I'd say it was like comparing the West to the East :devil:

Steve20
19-03-2010, 08:44 AM
I prefer the Murrayfield. Easier to get a drink, more space to stand and you still get a good enough atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
19-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Its all about the Roseburn!..:agree:

xxclairexx
19-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Roseburn to start Murrayfield to finish :thumbsup:

EH54
19-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Roseburn wins hands down for me. Get a great sing song before the game.

I've been going there for years and never had a problem getting to the toilet :confused: Although there is only one toilet in the ladies so they could have a problem!

Always get served quickly as well due to the amount of staff on. Only been to the Murrayfield once - never really enjoyed it - I'd say it was like comparing the West to the East :devil:

Murrayfield isnt bad for a sing song, takes a while to get going but when everyone has had a few pints its just as good as the roseburn and there's always a few new/funny songs gets going.

hibbie02
19-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Where are the uberfans going? :wink:

HibeeSince82
19-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Im gonna have to get a really early bus to get from whitecraig to the roseburn to get into the que lol

Disc O'Dave
19-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Personally, I prefer the Murrayfield Hotel. Much more room to stand in the bar area and it's not as difficult to get served. Ample space to stand outside as well so you don't need to be crushed up against a wall sipping gingerly at a drink hoping no-one knocks it out of your hand.

Right up until there is a thread on Hibs.net encouraging everyone to pile into there :greengrin

Cue thread on Saturday night "I thought The Murrayfield was supposed to be quiet :grr::dunno::brickwall"

:wink:

SouthamptonHibs
19-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Roseburn bar is by far the best bar if you fancy a good sing song constent for 2-3 hours before the match. But only the lucky few can get in que will start from 8am i'd think.

Last 3 years i moved to the murryfield from Roseburn as it was easier to get served plus it opened earlier for the sunday games.
A few years ago you couldn't sing in there or you'll get punted out....but in the last 2 years the murryfield has been great, packed with hibs fans, you can sing, dance do whatever plus if it's decent you can stand out side and have a beer. Both will be mobbed on Saturday!! but the hotel is a bit more relaxed.

bring it on, my flights tonight can't wait for tomorrow, i'll be in the murryfiled from 10..

HAIL HAILLLLLLLLLLLL

ronaldo7
19-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Roseburn for us tomorrow.

Been in the Murryfield and it takes a while to get going.... the Roseburn on the other hand is bouncing from kick off:thumbsup:

HibeeSince82
19-03-2010, 01:06 PM
So is it best to be there for just after 8?? If we are later i take it no chance of getting in

HibeeDaz6270
19-03-2010, 01:07 PM
right guys, I am going to head to the Roseburn for the 1st time. What time should i be there so i definately get in? I was thinking 8 30ish, or am i better being there earlier?

JIm
19-03-2010, 01:15 PM
8am-8.20am to gaurantee

Rory89
19-03-2010, 01:17 PM
The Roseburn has become an essential part of Hearts away for me (went to the last one with 2 non hibby's and they both preferred the Roseburn to the match quite easily), but I really don't think I'll get through on time for 8.30. :boo hoo:

The Murrayfield hotel will be heaving now anyway after this thread. Anyone know if the Roseburn is definitely opening at 9am?

Edit to add: Realise there's a 7.30 Glasgow train so Roseburn here I come. If any other Glasgow based Hibby's are heading through on the train early and spot a dashing young lad with a Hibs scarf that'll be me. :greengrin