PDA

View Full Version : Darren McCormack apologises on official site

Gala Foxes
18-03-2010, 04:27 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100318/darren-mccormack_2262950_1998154

Just wondered if this was going to be a regular feature on the Official Hibs website -

Sorry I hit Callum Elliot when I was out on the lash

Sorry I was stupid and headbutted a Jambo in the penalty area

Sorry I borrowed my burds car after I had a bevvy

BigKev
18-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Just wondered if this was going to be a regular feature on the Official Hibs website -

At least he's had the ba's to apologise. We all made mistakes when we were younger just happens that Daz is in the spotlight.

Here's hoping he learnt from it and makes him a better character - we can't all be perfect :wink:

dirtydirk
18-03-2010, 04:36 PM
He shouldnt apologise for any of them. I wouldnt discourage anyone hitting Elliot or headbutting a hearts player, and the driving incident is nothing to do with anyone at the club.

Bayern Bru
18-03-2010, 04:37 PM
I really hope he IS going to concentrate on being a damn good footballer. I think most of us have seen signs that he's one for the future, let's hope he doesn't screw it up.

CropleyWasGod
18-03-2010, 04:43 PM
He shouldnt apologise for any of them. I wouldnt discourage anyone hitting Elliot or headbutting a hearts player, and the driving incident is nothing to do with anyone at the club.

You're happy to be advocating violence?

Betty Boop
Well done to him for apologising. Everybody deserves a second chance. :agree:

Gala Foxes
Agree he has got the potential, the skill and the ability - needs to realise he is in a lucky position where he could have a good 10 to 15 years of good money ahead of him along with hopefully a lot of success on the park

Not so sure about whether it is so much having the ba's to apologise or if its more the bosses told him to - either way here's hoping he hits the papers for man of the match performances on the back pages and getting right in about jambo's on the park

Fairplay though - decking Elliot should not be seen as an offence

poolman
18-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Bloody hell some of this is unbelievable :bitchy:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/69677-another-hobo-disgraces-his-club/

This ones a beauty

Yes and he also assaulted Ruben Palazuelos at Easter Road.

Filth.

You couldny make it up

Sir David Gray
18-03-2010, 04:44 PM
At least he's had the ba's to apologise. We all made mistakes when we were younger just happens that Daz is in the spotlight.

Here's hoping he learnt from it and makes him a better character - we can't all be perfect :wink:

I would have thought that the apology may have been "encouraged" by Scott Lindsay just ever so slightly. :wink:

If he wasn't already on it after assaulting Calum Elliot last year, this surely has to be his last chance at Hibs.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2010, 04:45 PM

This will surely be his third chance?

JimBHibees
18-03-2010, 04:49 PM

or 4th :greengrin

Betty Boop
18-03-2010, 04:56 PM

or 4th :greengrin

Ah well, this will be his last chance. :greengrin

Bayern Bru
18-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Agree he has got the potential, the skill and the ability - needs to realise he is in a lucky position where he could have a good 10 to 15 years of good money ahead of him along with hopefully a lot of success on the park

Not so sure about whether it is so much having the ba's to apologise or if its more the bosses told him to - either way here's hoping he hits the papers for man of the match performances on the back pages and getting right in about jambo's on the park

Fairplay though - decking Elliot should not be seen as an offence

:bitchy:
Poor choice of words Gala!
:wink:

--------
18-03-2010, 05:07 PM

Once for decking Elliot - in which incident Elliot was far from an innocent party. DM was daft enough to react to fairly serious provocation, was what I heard.

Once for this, which was much more serious. No one should drive while drunk; no one should condone driving while drunk.

Two chances.

The Palazuelos incident, for all that it was regrettable, was the sort of thing that happens on the football field once a player gets the reputation for having a short fuse, and not, IMO a sacking offence or anything like it.

It was as much to do with dear Ruben's thespian/histrionic talents as with anything DM did to him.

Future17
18-03-2010, 05:12 PM
This ones a beauty

Yes and he also assaulted Ruben Palazuelos at Easter Road.

You couldny make it up

Is that not true? :confused:

Cabbage East
18-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Calum elliot deserved a dig after what he said to darren. The headbutt in the derby again was provoked. The driving thing was stupid but everyone makes mistakes when they're young.

He deserves another chance.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Once for decking Elliot - in which incident Elliot was far from an innocent party. DM was daft enough to react to fairly serious provocation, was what I heard.

Once for this, which was much more serious. No one should drive while drunk; no one should condone driving while drunk.

Two chances.

The Palazuelos incident, for all that it was regrettable, was the sort of thing that happens on the football field once a player gets the reputation for having a short fuse, and not, IMO a sacking offence or anything like it.

It was as much to do with dear Ruben's thespian/histrionic talents as with anything DM did to him.

I wasn't actually taking the Palazuelos incident into consideration in my last post, although I don't think that kind of behaviour is remotely acceptable.

After one misdemeanour, people are generally said to be given a second chance. This is now his second brush with the law (whether there was provocation or not by Elliot, he was still convicted of assault). I would say that he is therefore now on his third chance.

I am a bit confused though about this latest incident. When it was first reported last month that he had been arrested and charged, a police statement said that it was for "driving without insurance and without a licence". Nothing at all was said about drink-driving, which is obviously a much more serious offence. That was only reported yesterday, when his punishment was announced.

Part/Time Supporter
18-03-2010, 05:31 PM
I wasn't actually taking the Palazuelos incident into consideration in my last post, although I don't think that kind of behaviour is remotely acceptable.

After one misdemeanour, people are generally said to be given a second chance. This is now his second brush with the law (whether there was provocation or not by Elliot, he was still convicted of assault). I would say that he is therefore now on his third chance.

I am a bit confused though about this latest incident. When it was first reported last month that he had been arrested and charged, a police statement said that it was for "driving without insurance and without a licence". Nothing at all was said about drink-driving, which is obviously a much more serious offence. That was only reported yesterday, when his punishment was announced.

He wasn't charged at the time with drink driving because there were conflicting readings from the breathalyser.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2010, 05:40 PM
He wasn't charged at the time with drink driving because there were conflicting readings from the breathalyser.

OK, cheers for clearing that up.

I actually remember that there was something on the BBC team news page for a game last month just after he had been arrested where it said something along the lines of "and Darren McCormack may be dropped after a recent drink-drive charge". I thought that was a bit strange after they had said that it was for licence and insurance offences but I just assumed that it was a misprint.

What happened to the "driving without insurance and licence" offences then? I assume that, due to the fact that they are less serious than the drink-driving, they were both dropped when it got to court?

noseyhibby
18-03-2010, 05:41 PM

I agree.:agree:

poolman
18-03-2010, 05:43 PM

Dont think it was assault after that numpty tried to belt him first

it's retaliation :smug:

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2010, 05:47 PM
I really don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist, over a bit part player, who will probably be playing somewhere else in a season or two.

JimBHibees
18-03-2010, 05:51 PM

Yep and probably cost us a win in that game.

--------
18-03-2010, 05:57 PM

Sorry - I'm of that generation that would consider football nowadays to have become somewhat effete and gutless in comparison to the past.

What Chopper Harris, Bertie Auld or BBJ would have thought of a rule that prohibited nutting the other guy (not even a little?) I just do not know. They'd probably have retired to take up netball. Or crochet.

Palazuelos IIRC was barging about, DM took exception and decked him - a red card, sure, but NOT a sacking offence IMO.

(Or it wouldn't be if the rules hadn't been drastically amended to accommodate those parts of the world where "sawker" is a game played by schoolkids and women and those who aren't big enough or tough enough for gridiron, hockey or basketball. :wink: )

DM needs to realise that in such situations, the retaliator always gets sent off; the original offender always gets away with it. Maybe Yogi should get Alex Edwards or BBJ to explain this to him. They got sent off often enough in similar circumstances.

Darren needs to sort himself out. He shouldn't be getting into these scrapes at his age and with his chances, although TBF his age is exactly when a lot of males DO get into just those scrapes. Most of them don't have DM's chances, however. A late-night altercation's bad enough; one with a numpty like Clum's even worse. Drunk driving, however, is totally unacceptable.

Has anyone thought of calling in "The Dog Whisperer"? :cool2:

Westie1875
18-03-2010, 06:36 PM

Very hard not to react when someone headbutts you though, pretty sure many others would have done the same before even thinking about the consequences.

Diclonius
18-03-2010, 07:38 PM
The guy really is on his last chance now.

Any more and we'll have to sack him. Sad really, he's a good talent.

poolman
18-03-2010, 07:47 PM

That's bollox

How can anyone say that was assault when the Yam first went for McCormack :confused:

Yes he retaliated but at the end of the day I think very few people would not have under the circumstances considering it was a Deby game and all that

Probably cost us a win you say, doubt it, draw looked a more likely score than any other that game, we were definitely not at our best that day

Mikey
18-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Good to see he's still a Hibs player. It must have been a close call.

And he never hit that bell end Elliot hard enough.

KeithTheHibby
18-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Good to see he's still a Hibs player. It must have been a close call.

And he never hit that bell end Elliot hard enough.

Agreed, Elliot is a complete cock.

Booked4Being-Ugly
18-03-2010, 08:06 PM
The boy needs to knucle down now though and start reciprocating some of the faith Hibs have shown in him.

Pedantic_Hibee
18-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Elliot's never danced since I hear.

silverhibee
18-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Elliot's never danced since I hear.

:faf: :thumbsup:

matty_f
18-03-2010, 09:40 PM
I felt for him when he banjoed the boy in the derby - the guy had a go at him first, and though I wouldn't condone violence or that, I have to say I was glad he stood up for himself.

Certain Palazuelos will think twice before coming the wide-o with McCormack again.:agree:

Perspective
18-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Can't believe the lengths that some people will go to to stick up for McCormack - and I say that as someone who touted him for big things for the last few years.

I've played enough football to know that the best reaction to something like Palazuelos' headbutt is to not react, laugh in their face and win the game for the team.

The 'we all did stupid things when we were young' line is as moronic as his recent conduct. I've never headbutted anyone or indulged in drink-driving and I'm sure I won't be the only one on here.

Hopefully he takes the fourth, fifth chance (whatever it is) that's been offered to him and he realises the potential that saw John Collins want to build a defence around him at one point. Can't see it any more myself but hope to be proved wrong. But we can't continue to tolerate idiotic behaviour and have Scott Lindsay draft apologies - it's becoming a bit tiresome.

rossi
18-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Draw a line under it - hopefully see him back in the team soon.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Draw a line under it - hopefully see him back in the team soon.

No thanks, not good enough imho.

rossi
19-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Hmmmm! - "Nickers in a twist"

greenlex
19-03-2010, 02:20 AM
I bet you are a school teacher. You have probably never had the hood off either or have you?
Of Hibs thinkit right togive the Laddie yet another chance then that's good enough for me.

Can't believe the lengths that some people will go to to stick up for McCormack - and I say that as someone who touted him for big things for the last few years.

I've played enough football to know that the best reaction to something like Palazuelos' headbutt is to not react, laugh in their face and win the game for the team.

The 'we all did stupid things when we were young' line is as moronic as his recent conduct. I've never headbutted anyone or indulged in drink-driving and I'm sure I won't be the only one on here.

Hopefully he takes the fourth, fifth chance (whatever it is) that's been offered to him and he realises the potential that saw John Collins want to build a defence around him at one point. Can't see it any more myself but hope to be proved wrong. But we can't continue to tolerate idiotic behaviour and have Scott Lindsay draft apologies - it's becoming a bit tiresome.

Hibs On Tour
19-03-2010, 03:10 AM

How self-bloody-righteous are you?

Re-arrange these words in a well-known phrase...

HORSE HIGH OFF GET YOUR

Drink-driving is daft - no question. No-one is trying to say otherwise but gies peace about the rest. He's just doing what the majority of people out there would do. If you're provoked you retaliate. Yes he has to learn but its hardly the worst sins in the world that have happened is it...

rainman
19-03-2010, 04:30 AM

HORSE HIGH OFF GET YOUR

Drink-driving is daft - no question. No-one is trying to say otherwise but gies peace about the rest. He's just doing what the majority of people out there would do. If you're provoked you retaliate. Yes he has to learn but its hardly the worst sins in the world that have happened is it...

He's paid good money to be a professional, act professional and live his life as a professional.

For me, that is how players wages are justified. If he's not doing that, then he's just getting paid stupid money to train for a couple of hours each day.

bighairyfaeleith
19-03-2010, 07:05 AM
He's paid good money to be a professional, act professional and live his life as a professional.

For me, that is how players wages are justified. If he's not doing that, then he's just getting paid stupid money to train for a couple of hours each day.

you never done anything wrong on your life?

Drink driving is idiotic no question, he has been convicted and takes his punishmnet from the courts, he now ha sa chance o show he has learned from it and hopefully will become a good player for us, it sends out a terrible message to our players if we just dumped mccormack and offered him no support.

I wouldn't like it if my employer done that to me, would you? (the only slight exception ofcourse would be if you are a professional driver)

Perspective
19-03-2010, 07:54 AM
I bet you are a school teacher. You have probably never had the hood off either or have you?
Of Hibs thinkit right togive the Laddie yet another chance then that's good enough for me.

HORSE HIGH OFF GET YOUR

As long as idiotic behaviour is indulged - and this isn't a first offence - it sends out the wrong message. If we expect and demand more of them they will raise their game. Maybe I just want more from a 'professional' athlete.

Can you really see Arsene Wenger or Sir Alex Ferguson tolerating something like that? The culture of your club is important - standards have to be set and maintained.

And give it a rest with the self-righteous stuff. Maybe I just have higher standards or live by a different moral code, but I don't know too many knuckledraggers and would be thoroughly ashamed of myself if I was Darren McCormack. How far do you take the 'ach, he's only young' line? Always find it's weak people inflicted with the Scottish disease that peddle excuses.

bighairyfaeleith
19-03-2010, 08:08 AM
As long as idiotic behaviour is indulged - and this isn't a first offence - it sends out the wrong message. If we expect and demand more of them they will raise their game. Maybe I just want more from a 'professional' athlete.

Can you really see Arsene Wenger or Sir Alex Ferguson tolerating something like that? The culture of your club is important - standards have to be set and maintained.

And give it a rest with the self-righteous stuff. Maybe I just have higher standards or live by a different moral code, but I don't know too many knuckledraggers and would be thoroughly ashamed of myself if I was Darren McCormack. How far do you take the 'ach, he's only young' line? Always find it's weak people inflicted with the Scottish disease that peddle excuses.

do one :bye:

TornadoHibby
19-03-2010, 09:08 AM

Two chances.

:top marks

Did you mean dear Ruben's "Girl Guide" like attempt at headbutting him first before he firmly stood his ground and then showed dear Ruben how to to the manouvre properly Doddie!? :wink: :greengrin

Darren is definately a decent defender and he needs to remove the "bad boy" stuff from his psyche, particularly off the field, if he is to have a chance of realising his potential as a footballer IMO! :agree:

I'm sure he will be getting decent advice from Terry, his father, about that! :wink:

Cabbage East
19-03-2010, 09:20 AM

Jesus wept.

hibbymac
19-03-2010, 10:08 AM
...... inflicted with the Scottish disease that peddle excuses.

:wtf: has anyone with Multiple Sclerosis got to do with it. :bitchy: Try Here (http://www.aspects.net/~janus/ScottishDisease.htm)

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2010, 10:11 AM
He has been allowed to pay off the fine at £10.00 a week! Just hope this is the last we hear of him for the wrong reasons. Hopefully the next story will be about his football.

--------
19-03-2010, 10:21 AM
:top marks

Did you mean dear Ruben's "Girl Guide" like attempt at headbutting him first before he firmly stood his ground and then showed dear Ruben how to to the manouvre properly Doddie!? :wink: :greengrin

Darren is definately a decent defender and he needs to remove the "bad boy" stuff from his psyche, particularly off the field, if he is to have a chance of realising his potential as a footballer IMO! :agree:

I'm sure he will be getting decent advice from Terry, his father, about that! :wink:

Indeed, TH.

If Palazuelos is in as delicate a state of health as he appeared that afternoon, he should be in a hospital ward and not playing professional football. As I say, goodness knows what his reaction would have been to an encounter with BBJ or Chopper or any of the other old-style hard men.... :devil:

Seems to me that Darren has a weakness - a short fuse - which Clum and Pallywally have exploited off and on the field. He needs to learn to control it, because as you say he's a decent defender (I would say a more than decent defender myself) and he should be well capable of handling numpties like Clum and his Greek pal without resorting to anything that gets him in trouble with the ref.

And alcohol is the answer to nobody's problems - especially those of a young man who has his life in front of him and the potential to make a career for himself doing something most of us would do for free, for fun.

We should be looking to develop him and Paul Hanlon as our central defence for next season, once Sol B's gone off to play in the Champions' League with Liverpool or Arsenal, and Yogi wakens up to the fact that Chris Hogg isn't actually all that good at defending? :wink:

But as I've been told before now, it's easy for me to talk - Darren's the one who has to do it, and what we'll never know is what Pallywally and Clum were actually saying to him before he blew up.... (Thinking of Zizou here.)

Caversham Green
19-03-2010, 11:06 AM

Tony Adams done for drink-driving?
The entire Arsenal team mobbing Van Nistelrooy for missing a penalty?
Lurid headlines about the Man Utd team's Christmas party?
Cantona's flying kick at a Palace(?) fan?
Keane deliberaltely ending an opponent's career?

Yes, I could see them tolerating Darren McCormack's misbehaviour.

--------
19-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Tony Adams done for drink-driving?
The entire Arsenal team mobbing Van Nistelrooy for missing a penalty?
Lurid headlines about the Man Utd team's Christmas party?
Cantona's flying kick at a Palace(?) fan?
Keane deliberaltely ending an opponent's career?

Yes, I could see them tolerating Darren McCormack's misbehaviour.

These incidents all involved established international 'stars'.

Darren's expendable - he hasn't broken into the first team yet. :rolleyes:

Caversham Green
19-03-2010, 11:41 AM

:agree: So it depends on how good he is rather than what he's done....

Wilson
19-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Words on the site are a token gesture. If the apology wasn't on there then you can bet there would be threads here asking why not. It keeps the peace somewhat but is otherwise pretty meaningless.

Actions speak louder than words as far as I am concerned. Seeing the lad knuckle down and get his name in the papers for footballing reasons would be ample recompense for the patience the club and the fans have shown with him.

Perspective
19-03-2010, 12:01 PM
do one :bye:

Jesus wept.

What's wrong with me wanting more for and from the lads and for Hibs?

Ability aside, I'd rather have a team with guys like Franck Sauzee who exuded class and professionalism - which sets the standard for the age groups below the first team. David Wotherspoon is another articulate, intelligent young guy who clearly lives the right way and will go far. On an international level we have Darren Fletcher and Craig Gordon who, similarly, are achieving thanks to making the most of their natural talent with a dedicated approach.

Mogga, Collins and Yogi all made similar statements about the problems of Scottish society and modern players having to shake that off.

TornadoHibby
19-03-2010, 12:12 PM
:agree: So it depends on how good he is rather than what he's done....

Life's always been like that and probably always will be sadly! :agree:

Bad Martini
19-03-2010, 12:16 PM

It isn't "indulged" and I doubt an tribubal would see him sacked given his contract won't allow for out of work activities to become a sackable offence. I dont disagree that we should expect as much as possible from players and there is never an excuse for drink-driving - period - ENDOF. But, the other stuff, and particularly the on-field point, he reacted as most of us have and would, certainly on a pitch with fevers running high. Anyone to suggest otherwise would be stone radge.

Would that be the wonderful, saint Sir Alex who threw a boot at his players' heid and gave him a black eye? Dont make me laugh about professional standards and fitba...

What disease is that? You ask the poster to "give it a rest with the self-righteous stuff" then come out with ***** like "weak people inflicted with the Scottish disease".

Crock of sheite pal. The fact is, the laddie made a tit of himself by getting done for driving with no licence and drinking - for that, there is NO excuse.

Getting hot tempered on a fitba pitch as a very different matter. I'd love a team full of skillful, well mannered Sauzees but there's not to many around of the great mans' pedigree. I would take a player who will at least show some emotion for the game he's playing than no-mark journeymen who couldn't give a ratts ass about the game, the shirt, Hibs or the result. Find these people and you'll find the laziest money grabbers around...

ENDOF

Perspective
19-03-2010, 12:26 PM
What disease is that? You ask the poster to "give it a rest with the self-righteous stuff" then come out with ***** like "weak people inflicted with the Scottish disease".

Getting hot tempered on a fitba pitch as a very different matter. I'd love a team full of skillful, well mannered Sauzees but there's not to many around of the great mans' pedigree. I would take a player who will at least show some emotion for the game he's playing than no-mark journeymen who couldn't give a ratts ass about the game, the shirt, Hibs or the result. Find these people and you'll find the laziest money grabbers around...

ENDOF

The Scottish disease is widely talked about in sporting circles. Naturally gifted people who waste their gift through drink, drugs, dietary problems etc. I just really want the best for our younger players - like McCormack who I've always rated highly coming through the ranks.

It also refers to the people with a chip on their shoulder when they see countrymen being successful - like Andy Murray or John Collins, who are written off as arrogant instead of having their winning attitude accepted or admired.

And I'm all for passion and commitment on the pitch. They're two of the natural qualities that make us the great wee nation we are. But it has to be focused passion, or you're selling your team-mates short. That means keeping eleven men on the pitch and winning games, not playing up to those in the crowd baying for blood.

truehibernian
19-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Time for Darren to move on and really start putting the football career first. We have all made mistakes, each and every one of us. Have to say though drink-driving is a pet hate of mine, but that said, time to move on from here and hope he is true to his word and starts playing great football for his beloved Hibs. Similar to Glasgow, I do bet that living in Edinburgh as a pro footballer for either Hibs or Hearts is akin to this cliche of "living in a goldfish bowl" that we now hear about. Can you imagine walking down George Street, minding your own business, only for someone across the road shouting "Oi Derek ya ****" or "Driver you f****** erse". It's all very well taking a moral highground and saying that they are professionals and they should rise above it, but sometimes you have to appreciate they are young and human. What really gets me though is that being a pro footballer at the top level doesn't last long, and it's astonishing that they all still drink alcohol religiously after games and at weekends. Maybe that sounds sanctimonious, but does anyone else not feel that Scottish football and Scottish footballers in particular need to change the mindset and get into perhaps the JC way of thinking, and put the work in now, to gain the financial and football benefit, and then they can relax and enjoy the trappings of fame once their careers come to an end, for most in their mid/late 30's ? After a recent poor poor performance (won't say which one as there have been many), many of the squad were out and about, bevvying and lording it up. Fine I suppose if they had achieved or won something, but it kind of grates me I have to say. Maybe I am getting old and Meldrew-esque :boo hoo: Can't see Messi, Kaka and Co going up town after a defeat and sinking a few jagermeisters :greengrin

Speedway
19-03-2010, 01:52 PM

Collins probably saw him as a left winger.

Mibbes Aye
19-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Collins probably saw him as a left winger.

But the tragedy is we'll never know :boo hoo:

Damn that revolt (and bad run of form and falling-out with Petrie over the budget), damn it to hell :grr:!!!

RIP
19-03-2010, 02:33 PM
C'mon chaps it's not a subject that requires multi paragraph essays or social documentary theses.

The guy's clearly a p*ss-heid who canne handle the bevvy. He's no the first and certainly won't be the last. He's alledgedly had counselling, time at a clinic and still falling off the wagon.

Bestie, Willie Hamilton, Gazza......... we can only be sad at the wasted talent

As a nation we need to get rid of our love affair with alcohol. Kinda like what we are doing with fags. Both are highly addictive and unsuitable for certain types of personalities. I know, I'm one such type. Booze and me don;t go together. So I don't touch it and everything and everybody benefits as a result.

Drink and professional football don't go

clerriehibs
19-03-2010, 02:36 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100318/darren-mccormack_2262950_1998154 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100318/darren-mccormack_2262950_1998154)

Sorry you bothered to post this *****. Away back to keech back where you belong.

BEEJ
19-03-2010, 03:36 PM
It isn't "indulged" and I doubt an tribubal would see him sacked given his contract won't allow for out of work activities to become a sackable offence.
Most organisations' Disciplinary policies list "Bringing your employer's name into disrepute" under Gross Misconduct - and that can be from actions both on the job and in the employee's own time.

Acts of Gross Misconduct can lead to dismissal.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-03-2010, 08:42 PM

Shades of grey or black and white?

IMO Hibs have to tread a very fine line.
Its all about managing the risk. Youth development strategy is key to how we operate. Mess it up and big consequences.

2 sides to this IMO

1) Threat attracting young players as parents look elsewhere - conveyer belt disrupted/stopped BUT

2) Those very same parents also will look to the support their kids will get in nurturing their careers and this includes managing any of the pitfalls along the way.

Temptations are there someone contrasted international players with inexperienced team players. But the temptations are relatively the same - Merson, Adams, McLaren and Brebner will testify to that.

If you were the parent of a youthful player who stood at the brink of throwing everything away for mistakes of youth or otherwise what would you hope/expect from the club?

As I say its a fine line Hibs are treading but one they must get right for the current players and for the future. Time will tell how this plays out.

Drink driving is grave offence. It has the potential to destroy/ruin the lives of all touched by it. There have been a few instances of this in the club I wonder how we compare with others. Regardless, I hope something can be done to address this scurge.

Gatecrasher
19-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Sorry you bothered to post this *****. Away back to keech back where you belong.

Gala is a good pal of my dad and a top hibby who follows them to most games so leave the LTYF pish out of it awrite!

poolman
20-03-2010, 01:49 AM

What a crock o keech

Fergie especially would be first to stick up for his players

FFS stop it, he got done for drink driving and he's had a couple of other spats but nothing drastic the way you're going on about moral code, is, quite frankly pathetic