PDA

View Full Version : Fat Jim surprised at choice of Derby Ref

Golden Bear
18-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Seem as though it's not only the smelly ones who believe in pressurising a Ref bfeore a big game!

Jefferies really ought to know better - the poor Ref is on a hiding to nothing already.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hearts/164343-jefferies-questions-ref-choice-for-edinburgh-derby/

HibeeB
18-03-2010, 01:43 PM
So he's hoping the ref will allow them to kick us off the park.

Nothing new there then :rolleyes:

Hainan Hibs
18-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Fat Jim Knew hasn't shut up in the build up for the derby.

Trying every trick in the book to get a psychological edge.

The man is desperate.

Bayern Bru
18-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Apparently the referee just happened to be in Edinburgh.

JimBHibees
18-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Fat Jim Knew hasn't shut up in the build up for the derby.

Trying every trick in the book to get a psychological edge.

The man is desperate.

FJK is as desperate as they come as his utterings this week have shown. Noticed this in the article also.

"The pair had a rough relationship when as a player at Berwick Rangers Hughes was against the appointment of Jefferies as boss in 1988. Since then however they have worked together again at Falkirk before going up against each other when Jefferies was at Kilmarnock and Hughes was Bairns boss."

Personally have heard nothing else but FJK, BB and Yogi are bosom buddies after their time together at Falkirk. Sounds like the Lauder fat lad is winding it up big time by feeding the press guff like this.

Hibs07p
18-03-2010, 04:32 PM
FJK is as desperate as they come as his utterings this week have shown. Noticed this in the article also.

"The pair had a rough relationship when as a player at Berwick Rangers Hughes was against the appointment of Jefferies as boss in 1988. Since then however they have worked together again at Falkirk before going up against each other when Jefferies was at Kilmarnock and Hughes was Bairns boss."

Personally have heard nothing else but FJK, BB and Yogi are bosom buddies after their time together at Falkirk. Sounds like the Lauder fat lad is winding it up big time by feeding the press guff like this.

Very poor journalism. Jeffries was the manager at Berwick trying to get Yogi from Newtongrange Star, but didn't want to pay the £1500 transfer fee! :faf:
Correction: I didn't read comments below, correctly. Yogi was there before JJ but by all accounts it was JJ that wanted Yogi returned to "Nitten".

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/-Jambo-Jefferies-and-Hibee.6150335.jp

That capital rivalry has always coursed through their relationship, ever since Jefferies inherited the rough-round-the-edges Hughes as a player at Berwick Rangers over two decades ago. And the passions have probably enhanced it rather than detracted. Jefferies tried to send Hughes back to Newtongrange Star once he discovered the size of transfer fee still pending but both have had many occasions since then to be grateful the junior side rebuffed the proposal. "It's a great story," laughs Jefferies. "At Berwick the previous manager was Jimmy Thomson, who knew Yogi well, and I was sitting in the office when Yogi came charging through, wanting to see the chairman about why he'd been sacked. I didn't know who he was but they'd just signed him and we couldn't afford him so I took him back to Newtongrange Star and said: 'Look, you can take him back, we can't afford to pay (the £1,500 fee]', but they didn't want him back! I thought: 'What chance have I got if they don't want him back?'" But it was the start of a long friendship and when Jefferies moved to Falkirk he not only re-enlisted his former captain's services but accommodated him by converting him from a bustling centre-forward to a no-nonsense centre-back. At Berwick their efforts helped the side to a club record 21 games without defeat in 1988-89 and even then Hibs/Hearts loyalties played their part, according to the manager.

The_Todd
18-03-2010, 06:12 PM
I see Hearts have once again being studying at the world renowned Celtc school of Vicitimisation. :rolleyes:

Westie1875
18-03-2010, 06:32 PM
I see Hearts have once again being studying at the world renowned Celtc school of Vicitimisation. :rolleyes:

Lets hope they end up with egg on their faces like the smellies did, last minute winner anyone? :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
18-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Jim Jefferies is a fat ****.

monktonharp
18-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Ithink JJ's comments are despicable,as it looks like he is trying to undermine the ref.s control of the game before a ba's kicked. nothing will happen,as the SFA huvnae the baws to gie him a slap. hope of course,it goes a' pear shaped for him on Saturday.:cool2:

matty_f
18-03-2010, 08:31 PM

:agree: They don't know if they want to be Yhams or Huns.

Jefferies is clearly trying to pave the way for his team to take the physical approach in the game. No real surprise there, either.

PC Stamp
19-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Willie Collum is not a fan of big physical sides who adopt a physical approach.
FJK clearly knows this! Collum however is destined for great things and I doubt FJK's whingeing will get to him.